Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Same, wait times for a match are too long not even counting the guys that take forever to hit the ready button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numlock
May 19, 2007

So is there a guide that explains upgrading and such?

I bought a lvl 2 gun and while I can equip it the game won’t let me sortie with it.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

So like can you level up MS or if you want a lvl 2 Zaku you have to just buy it?

Also can you end up with duplicate MS and items from drops/rewards?
We
Also how do you get repair tickets or is that cash only?ele

Seriously I have like 8 million questions

Numlock fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 20, 2019

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Yeah I didn’t know they were a thing until I got rewarded two in a row. Both were MS.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Wait is there team dmg in this game? I’m so so very sorry random pubbie dudes I’ve shot in the back...

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Can you counter a tackle?

I’ve tried to do so a few times but ether I’m not pulling off the timing correctly or should I be dodging instead?

PS friend Acelockon if you don’t mind carrying a scrub who only plays Zakus and Zaku adjacent suits.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

I’ve only been playing this game for a week and it seems to me player skill and staying grouped up has more to do with winning than which suit your using. MS at the same point level seem balanced to me, but there are suits that punch above their weight class at any given point level for sure.

Sure if your trying to run a 100 point lvl 1 MS in a 250+ point sortie you are going to have your face smashed in constantly, stick to 200 point sorties where you are only playing at a disadvantage instead of being hopelessly out classed.

Edit: before I understood what I was doing i was that guy doing unrestricted ranked matches in a 100 point mech and some players got mad at me about it. Understandable even though I don’t think my team lost any matches.

Numlock fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 23, 2019

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

The only suit I outright groan at seeing so far is the GP02. That shield is loving stupid.

I randomly got a Lvl 3 Zaku Sniper and when I took it out for a spin I ran into those things and yeah, they are some bullshit.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

What is a bluezooka?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

If I buy a suit with a certain weapon, does that mean I can put that weapon on another suit (assuming it’s compatible) or do I still need to go buy it separately?

Also what custom parts are must haves, and does putting them on your suit have any trades offs or are they straight upgrades?

Also on those bronze recon drops, do they always give you DP? I’ve been wondering if I should just turn them into Recycle tickets instead?

I didn’t see it and figure there isn’t one, but can I sell unwanted MS and gear?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Count me in as a space hater.

Its a little too true to the shows where space combat is a confusing mess but it’s just so unfun.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Maybe some mechanic that lets you break out of a stun lock? You become unstunable for a few seconds so you can run away from a dog pile at the cost of all your boost and a overheat.

Aside from that I could write up a huge list of UI improvements alone.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

One thing they could do to take the sting out of being dumped into a team of idiots in underpowered suits is to make your personal performance matter more in terms of your rating and exp gain. Your team winning would boost that but it’ shouldn’t critical.

That and they shouldn’t allow you to take suits that are more than 50 points under the limit. Seriously it just confuses me, do they want people who don’t know any better to get the impression the game is PTW and quit?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

We probably should figure out some sort of guide on the weapons. Like it seems that there are several weapons that based on stats alone are downgrades vs the weapons a suit comes with but have higher rank requirements and cost more DP.

Is there some hidden stat that makes it more of an upgrade?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Win a ton of games with me being top 3 (if not top player) in a lvl 3 Zaku 1 Commander.

Having level 3 weapons and components make it poo poo out more dmg than any other suit I have.

Though I’m totally boned if a Galway decent raid gets in melee with me.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The MMP-80 [GN] the Zaku II Kai comes with is basically the best weapon in the game at those low point values.

I would also not bother with buying the lvl 1 versions of any weapon, they come with any lvl of suit for free. So after a playing a while you will eventually get them all.

Spend your DP on Suits and custom parts. There is a guide on which ones to get a few pages back.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Worth mentioning that the regular Efreet can also use the machine gun that the Zaku II Kai comes with, which turns it into a machine that is very versatile at multiple ranges

This is how I’ve been running mine.

I bought mine with repair tickets when I first started playing and it seemed to me most players knew to keep their distance, making the shotgun hard to use.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Kanos posted:

Oh god please please please don't run the Efreet as a machine gun suit. It has absolutely trash ranged boost so your MG will hit for peanuts and the grenade launcher MG is a piss poor alternative for staggering to utilize its incredible melee if you remove the shotgun, making it good at precisely nothing. That and you'll probably end up rope a doping your teammates a bit because they'll see you on Efreet and assume you're planning to hold a frontline and pick accordingly and it turns out that whoops you can't do that.

Works fine as far as I can tell but I guess it is sort of not playing to it’s strengths I’ll give you that.

I’ve been playing a lvl 3 Zaku 1 Commander (kitted out with lvl 3 gear) as my MG Suit at 300.

Melting generals with 280+ dmg per hit is gray and makes up for being totally incapable of melee worth a poo poo.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

So I think I was lucky today as the two pulls I had gave me a Desert GM and a Zaku II Heavy arms both at lvl 3.

How do I run the Zaku heavy arms and is the desert GM any good?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Meh unless you absolutely have to have the suit of the week I wouldn’t get twisted up about pulls.

My main complaint about this game is that they need to fix the UI which is pure poo poo.

And the ranking system, I don’t understand how people actually get to any rank above C-, much less stay there.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The devs need to put some water features on the map so aquatic suits can go swimming.

Also while I’ve not watched every single UC gundam show out there I don’t recall seeing any federation aquatic suits. Seems so weird that Spacenoids would but a nation based on earth wouldn’t.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

I played my efreet last night in a match, played like poo poo but I guess I made an impression as after the game some dude PMed me and accused me of cheating and he had reported me.

My discounted 10 pull was meh but now I have an efreet DS.

I guess Glorious Nippon told him to get good.

Numlock fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 15, 2019

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Please be some new game modes that aren’t variations of deathmatch.

I’d like to see some sort of base defense mode where one team is defending and the other attacking.

That and the ability to switch suits during a game.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

So I got the act Zaku commander in today’s pull.

Seems like it’s a go fast glass cannon type suit based on skills and stats. Is that the correct take on it?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Kanos posted:

Yeah, and the Gelgoog Rifle is one of the top class beam rifles in the game in terms of raw damage output. The main Gelgoog family - Gelgoog, EP Gelgoog, and HM Gelgoog - all really like the rifle a lot. They all like to play in a pokey, skirmishy way - they can deal strong damage at longer ranges than bluezookas and can actually snipe and countersnipe to some degree. They can punch up close fine(especially the higher cost googs since their stats are more even and they have better mobility skills), but they're naturally disadvantaged in close to some degree because the naginata is awkward and Gelgoogs are all big thicc boys so they're super easy to tag with bazooka splash.

I really like them as well as this seems to be my natural play style. Run around and kite people with guns until I see an opportunity to get in a risk free slash or two then boost away. Are there other suits that lend themselves to this?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

I have a suit that has a shield based skill but doesn’t come with a shield. What is up with that?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Kanos posted:

GBO1 lived for half a decade and only died because the PS3 aged out and they made GBO2 using a ton of reused assets.

That explains why this game almost feels retro.

I think the bigger problem is the missions themselves. IE there needs to more of them, and better designed maps.

The whole part of the game where you get out of your suit to cap points and plant bimbs should be removed from the game. Points should get capped if stand near them in a suit and base bombing is just stupid. Oh man I can’t wait to play this gundam game so I can not be in a gundam, instead I’ll hide behind a crate waiting for it to blow up like I’m playing counter strike

How about a mission where one team has a bunch of spaceships they have to protect while the other team has to blow up a certain number of them to win. You know something that actually happens in every gundam show.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

9 out of every 10 times an enemy team is smart enough to deathball they ignore a bomb in their base because they are already 3k points ahead or will be by the the time the bomb goes off.

I’d remove the infantry part of the game because out side of a few specific situation getting out of your mech to do anything hurts your team more than it helps.

I’ve been on losing teams countless times because players seemed to think that running around capping points was the most important thing so my team is effectively down a player. Or somebody plants a bomb in the base but there’s less than 60 seconds left in the match (or everybody is too far away to get back there in time) but without fail 2+ idiots will drop what they are doing to rush back there in a futile attempt to defuse it. Hell I've even seen dumbasses standing around cap points (in or out of their mechs) waiting 60+ seconds to be able to call in an artillery strike that might do jack poo poo.

You should just be able to cap points and call arty by standing next to a point in your mech. Bases could be blown up with a few hits from mech weapons but idk only if you controlled 3 or more cap points.

The infantry part of this game is just bad design, and if you just ripped it out and let us do the exact same things in a suit it would massively improve the game.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

You guys keep talking about the 1/10 times people actually are smart about when the cap and bomb. The other 9 times that is not what’s happening. The only equalizer is that the other team is just as bad about it.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Worth a try and they are giving away free poo poo again too.

Just note that doing the tutorials are worth doing and give you stuff.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

There does seem to be a back up of those types of suits at 400-500, but I guess it figures.

Tomorrow’s grunt suits were yesterday’s Ace suits.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Anything with a big ranged boost for its cost. But at higher costs most suits are using beam weaponry or bazookas. They might have a machine gun (or something similar) as a sub weapon but you really shouldn’t be using it as your main source of dmg.

Zaku 1 commander, Zaku 2 heavy arms, GM Cold Districts. The Zaku 1 Sniper sort of with the long barrel machine gun, Gigan.

At higher levels, the Gouf custom, pale riders, heavy gundam (technically these guys aren’t machine gunners, they have huge rotary cannons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numlock
May 19, 2007

So I saw a Gouf VD (I think) last night that seemed to be able to continuously dodge roll.

Basically he would use some weapon, dodge roll in some random direction, use another weapon and dodge again.

There was very little delay between the rolls so when dog fighting with him he spent a lot of that time invulnerable.

I guess he stacked a lot of booster cool downs on the suit? Is that possible? I do t have it to try out myself.