Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

As someone who spent a chunk of their morning on the wiki, Akkaba is a sect devoted to returning Apocalypse to life after he died and was replaced by Archangel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Parallax posted:

X-Force felt like the same kind of wheels-spinning mutant hating story that made the X-series feel so tired for so long before this

I was slightly interested by the poo poo with Domino and whatever cabal she was among, but holy poo poo what an unexciting story of “super soldiers with guns + tech attack the XMen”

Though I do think that those super soldiers have some of Dominos DNA (maybe literal skin? They all had white streaks on their body) in order to trick Krakoa

Black Tom Cassidy: Avatar of Krakoa loving ruled too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maybe it’s an excuse to cause a problem surrounding Prof’s “back ups”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sesq posted:

Posting these pages in the X-Men thread for no apparent reason that probably won't come up later:

(from Rocket #2)

Yeah I’ll take a full comic of these fuckers, please and thank you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Roth posted:

Fallen Angels feels like a comic that was written in 2004 that they just forgot to publish until now.

what I was thinking, so much xEDGEx and angst

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Does anyone care about Jubilee? About Shogo? About Rogue being under some mysterious magical illness? I want to like Excalibur but come on, it’s just several tropes stapled together (mysterious illness, inconvenient child, kidnapped sibling)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I hope X Force just reveals Xavier’s just fuckin’ dead, throat slashed, pancaked by a drunk dump truck driver

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is Psylocke really that big of a character in the world or fandom? She just seems like a Hot Topic Elektra knock off so far in FA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

is there a new timeline of releases for the x-books?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

danbanana posted:

That seemed to be the main point of the first half of HoXPoX but then it seemed to move into other things like how Goldballs is God or something.

yeah yeah sure sure, mutants and humans both become extinct at the hands of technology or something AND WE BROUGHT GOLDBALLS BACK AS MATRIARCH

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/annalisebissa/status/1207015948106059779

So Young Cable, Armor and Pixie plus some other guy I guess. Duggan and Noto. I'll definitely give it a shot.

That is some *beautiful* cover art

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Skwirl posted:

I can't believe this movie is finally coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI

Well, the mutants themselves seem pretty decently designed. Magik seems badass, Roberto and Sam seem like they’re being given due diligence.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also for someone like Roberto or Sam, their powers are themselves a source of anxiety and fear.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Excalibur is also leagues better than Fallen Angels, despite being a little meandering itself

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

good day for a bris posted:

I like the characterizations but not the story. like its hovering art the cusp of me dropping it.

This is a good way to put it. Apocalypse and Gambit and Richtor have been a lot of fun.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The art in FA is so bad I almost empathize with the artist for how much poo poo they’ve been receiving on the internet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Makes her appearance in X/FF kinda confusing?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Aren’t there more in the mojoverse?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

A co-worker purchased House of X hardcover and holy poo poo did I like it (I wasn't wild about the Ascension stuff, but in the end I thought it paid off.) Can I JUST read X-Men (Vol 5) will the continuing story make sense? I don't want to have to read like 17 different X books

(Hi Sal) if you like the Krakoa stuff I would read X-Men and then maybe Marauders (if you want more Krakoan politics) or X-Force (for individual’s interactions with Krakoa)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what does Jeans outfit even look like these days? Another nondescript X-jumpsuit?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

On Page 5, Kurt failed to genuflect when entering the basilica, the writing in this poo poo loving SUCKS

(no one tell this guy about the Catholic Schism)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Horny... how?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maybe this isn’t the exact place to ask but where should I start with the Old Man Logan world

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Beerdeer posted:

They did that twice. There was a set where only Magik had a decent suit

and then a second set where Rahne and Bobby were the only ones shorted.

talk about two very distinct art styles

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Warlock lookin' like the Crimson Chin

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yvonmukluk posted:

Considering they were Moira's students first, I think Hickman's going to be revisiting Deadly Genesis in some capacity.

Wait, what? Did I miss that in DoX?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Send a dozen Jamie Madroxes in, you invade ORCHIS with an army of thousands.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m so sick of Psylocke already..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wanderer posted:

Half a thought:

Back in the day, late in Claremont's run, Nimrod was able to talk Master Mold into throwing both of them into the Siege Perilous (to become Bastion?) because Nimrod's new way of thinking meant that he'd effectively "mutated." I remember that Claremont very specifically had Nimrod go from acting like a robot to more deliberately human speech patterns over the course of maybe 30 issues in the background, to the point where he had a somewhat deadpan sense of humor.

Trying to make friends with the machines doesn't work, but what if Moira's goal is to get Orchis's recreated Nimrod and have that "mutate" the way the original did?

That’s an interesting theory seemingly supported by the Hellions run, the Smileys they destroyed seemed to be evolving in their AI at that moment, effectively mutating. Maybe the lil Robobaby Nanny is watching over will develop a competing technology for ORCHIS?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Couldn’t they be summoned by chaos magic, indicated by the whole “They’re healing themselves?!?!”

Also, seems like a ridiculously bad idea to take a character with a history of emotional outbursts and jam them full of the last 10-20 years of their own trauma.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I like Colossus I just don’t know what the gently caress they’re doing with the Mikhail poo poo. Is there supposed to be some time gap between X-Force and Inferno?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there isn't a time gap at all. when xavier showed up in x-force it seemed like the jig was up and colossus had been caught in the act. but xavier doesn't actually suspect a thing and was there to invite colossus to the council.

Alright here’s a thing then: how did Mr. “I’m constantly backing up everyone’s quintessence in case they die” miss the fact that Colossus just did a murder he didn’t even want to do

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Don’t miss Planet Size X-Men

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You’re telling me... Wiz-Kid was a triple agent?!

...most fuckin’ telegraphed thing..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Endless Mike posted:

As far as security, one of the text pieces explicitly notes that the tidal patterns of the beach they were surfing on are too extreme for their security measures.

Seems like bad security to have a giant blind in your security forces, to be aware of it, and to just kinda gently caress it off until next month or whatever. Especially when they seem to be invaded every few weeks. Resurrection protocols making everyone lazy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I assumed it was basically like.. he has spent so much time intuiting with computers that written language is a bit too obtuse for him?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What even is Marauders anymore? I’m kind of enjoying the life being blown back into Hellfire Club a little bit, but what is it about? Also, is it ever hinted at before that Shinobi is Harry’s kid? Or is Sebastian just saying he’s dogshit as a father, here’s a much better father figure

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

why the gently caress is mutant Hitler on Krakoa

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bobkatt013 posted:

Sinister was running a mutant concentration camp

did he kill 8 million *mutants*

like, a lot of the bad guys on Krakoa are killers, some are mutant killers, but Cassandra Nova killed 8 million mutants, on purpose. she's worse than the worst reading of Scarlet Witch, and she's joining the Marauders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How is Sabretooth more unforgivable than Cassandra Nova though