Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Lol is that not him joking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Honestly not sure, I don’t watch his stuff unless he’s interviewing a fighter I really like.

I hope he’s serious lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

Conor coming back is great if only for it leading to this

https://twitter.com/andremfneazy/status/1200477523206754304?s=21

:lol: if his hot takes are actually like this no wonder dana shitlisted him

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I can't believe people like that guy. "Dweeb" seems too rugged and cool somehow.

What's past dweeb but before goon?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I don't like Helwani in the sense that I want to hang out with him, I like him in that he has face to face conversations in which he intentionally tries to catch people off guard about something at least somewhat meaningful at some point in the interview, so often the fighter will end up sharing a bit more than they would if they were talking to Luke Thomas or Aaron Bronsteter or whoever your favorite fighter interviewer is.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

Ariel is the kind of guy who doesn't seem to every have a genuine sense of humor or personality. Look at his entire history of reporting, he has a shocking high dearth of personality or charisma. This is him being him normally but added he's mad someone disagrees with him on Twitter.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Ariel is the kind of guy who doesn't seem to every have a genuine sense of humor or personality. Look at his entire history of reporting, he has a shocking high dearth of personality or charisma. This is him being him normally but added he's mad someone disagrees with him on Twitter.

Was it just timing that made him the most famous? Is it just momentum now? He gets all the guests so I still pay attention to him, but I think if he was coming up now he'd just be another person on Reddit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He was the most consistently seen and regularly reporting MMA journalist and he broke a lot of big scoops at various points. He's not a bad journalist, and a half decent interviewer, but he's also a wholly unremarkable person in terms of personality that makes it hard to believe he's mocking himself a la Chael Sonnen or Luke Thomas (less so for Luke).

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Jeez Cowboy is already 36.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Official Official
https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1200626495158251520?s=21

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant wait for one of them to suddenly develop an allergy to dye or vaseline or something weird that causes the fight to get scratched during the fighter walk outs the night of

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
These will truly be some of the biggest fights to fall through in many many months, what a time to be a fan

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
also dear ariel, settle down beavis

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck

Eat This Glob posted:

I hope cowboy gets his massive payday and buys a jet powered monster truck and just drives off into the desert never to be heard from again

We don't need more Evan Tanner-style disappearances.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

fuckin' gold

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1200804455282692096

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Condoms up the nose, external prostate massages, apparently I’m going to the wrong chiropractor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Someone today asked me an MMA rules question that I can't figure out how to phrase without sounding like a gigantic loving weirdo, even in present company.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Sticking your finger in the butthole is considered a dick move, but you won't get a deduction for it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oil check in the oil dome

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Someone today asked me an MMA rules question that I can't figure out how to phrase without sounding like a gigantic loving weirdo, even in present company.

I understand, friend. as I interpret it, you are allowed an appreciative caress but never a full stroke. it is left up to the referee's discretion as to where the line is and when it is crossed, and if it's just a warning or if he will take the point

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ok well the question was in the event of poop whose job is it to confirm that it was a full fledged poop and not a shart. The follow up question was whether there is a threshold for what constitutes poop and not merely a nasty shart.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I wasn't aware there was a distinction between sharting and making GBS threads in the ring.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CRISPYBABY posted:

I wasn't aware there was a distinction between sharting and making GBS threads in the ring.

Well then there's the question of whose job it is to determine if it was a fart or a shart, and if a fighter can complain to the ref to demand an inspection

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Real question is can you diarrhea or vomit and keep fighting? Has it ever happened?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BlindSite posted:

Real question is can you diarrhea or vomit and keep fighting? Has it ever happened?

It has happened but the rules have changed and now it's a tko loss and that's the question which started this whole thing

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Justine Kish poo poo herself trying to escape a submission about a year, two years ago?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tim Silvia poo poo himself a bit fighting Assuerio Silva like ten years ago but it must've been just a shart because he fought to a decision and won

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

That may have been before they instituted a no poop rule.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Pour one out (literally) for Duncan who I think posted this the first time I saw it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYizlCINMuo

And since I found this while searching for it you have to watch it too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FSQiNAdfw

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The rules, iirc, say you can't lose control of bodily functions and continue as that would result in a DQ.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mekchu posted:

The rules, iirc, say you can't lose control of bodily functions and continue as that would result in a DQ.

Yeah it's why cumming is fully banned in mma. No jizz, puke, poo poo, and (maybe?) piss, but the machidas may have successfully filibustered the latter. shame it came to it, cuz defensive making GBS threads and pissing is a viable strategy to me. thank god for the oil dome, where REAL fighting lives

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
In bjj puking is an automatic loss

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Luke Rockhold lost a grappling match in Polaris. Dude is not having a good time in combat sports.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Also Luke Rockhold lost a grappling match in Polaris. Dude is not having a good time in combat sports.

Most of the fight was spent on the feet, and Rockhold got cut and had to wait around for someone to go find vaseline. It sucked.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rockhold vs Weidman locked in an eternal battle for who can fall the furthest from the top

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Rockhold vs Weidman locked in an eternal battle for who can fall the furthest from the top

I feel like Weidman is jumping from greater heights. He's also fought (and lost) more since. I think Weidman is the clear winnerloser here.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
They're both quite handsome, though Rockhold can't talk to save his life. At least wideman could be a babbling head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's December my friends: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905323