Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mod-clarification on qualities of the extra lunch.

regardless of any player's abilities, the day ends immediately after the 2nd hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Let me post non givberish later

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O that works

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

huh, well anyway

just waiting for IS to claim next

I'm currently looking at who are the most likely alternatives if for some reason Sandwolf is not in fact the last scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

regardless of any player's abilities, the day ends immediately after the 2nd hammer

I’m... still incredibly confused?

What does this have to do with anything?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is someone(Tommu?) positing that Tommu’s scenario didn’t come to pass because it wasn’t the first lunch?

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Mr. Steak posted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t understand how that’s relevant? Yeah? Of course the day ends on hammer??

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Sandwolf you sound slightly confused.

If Tommu's role worked exactly as written, then on D2 we would've gotten a third ability to hammer. One extra given by ASF's ability, one given by Tommu's. And the deadline for that would've been 23:00, but Mr. Steak confirmed end of day before that.

The clarification is apparently that, whatever happens, this game includes a limitation that there will never be more than two hammers in a day. Who knows, maybe there's even another ability out there that can also extend somehow.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, actually... I'm feeling tempted to go for ASF after all, just noticed he never even changed his vote from me, from way back when I was trying to prime the minibomb. Even though he did make an appearance afterwards and there was plenty of interesting stuff going on.

he's lurking more than I first thought, and that vote on me when I asked for it does look more like maybe he's scum trying to find some way to engage with no risk

##vote ASF

Side-note: This vote was first on ASF, followed immediately by Scumalong. Would scum dare plant vote 1 and 2 on their own bud? So yeah, let's say Bif is close to confirmed town in my book.

Then Lumpen comes with vote #3 and, here to pump the breaks:

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah this but also ASF is probably not a huge boon regardless of alignment. I agree with you saying they’d probably lurk no matter what, but like you said, that becomes a greater detriment the farther we go

Looks a little suss.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tommu posted:

If my deathproof 1 shot gets used any other way i become scumbo

Tommu can you please make the following post for potential lie detection:

My role contains a clause that could potentially have allowed for my alignment to change.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah, that's a nice bit of extra evidence. Sandwolf coming in to hammer Tommu when ASF was also at -1 before is the main thing that got me suspicious of him.

He's definitely my best bet today, but I do still think there's a very small chance I'm wrong and our whole dance around the binus votes could've been an absolutely hilarious comedy of errors. So while I got the time, I'd like to try and work out best I can who's the next best choice after Sandwolf, cause I most likely won't be around to work it out tomorrow if there
is one.

So far I think the next best bet IS. Not just for the lack of claim, but because he could've been trying to set up that hammer on Tommu, arguing for lunching him instead of ASF. If Sandwolf barging in with the hammer turns out to not be scum, I'm looking at IS who was playing it more cautious and maybe trying to get someone else to do it so the spotlight didn't fall on him.

IllegallySober posted:

Tommu has made one post this game day that I can find and it was a vote on Hum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dancer posted:

Sandwolf you sound slightly confused.

If Tommu's role worked exactly as written, then on D2 we would've gotten a third ability to hammer. One extra given by ASF's ability, one given by Tommu's. And the deadline for that would've been 23:00, but Mr. Steak confirmed end of day before that.

The clarification is apparently that, whatever happens, this game includes a limitation that there will never be more than two hammers in a day. Who knows, maybe there's even another ability out there that can also extend somehow.

I’m sorry I guess I am not a smart person because I still have no idea how this bears any impact on Tommu’s role, this all feels very, I dunno, obvious? Like yes, the day ends at hammer. If the day is extended to include an extra lunch, the hammer on that ends the day.

I don’t know what the limitation of two hammers in a day has to do with anything? I would ask the mod but this feels like..sensitive gameplay info, I’m just totally lost

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Dancer posted:

Tommu can you please make the following post for potential lie detection:

My role contains a clause that could potentially have allowed for my alignment to change.

My role contains a clause that could potentially have allowed for my alignment to change

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Sandwolf posted:

how has this scenario not come to pass then?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I’m sorry I guess I am not a smart person because I still have no idea how this bears any impact on Tommu’s role, this all feels very, I dunno, obvious? Like yes, the day ends at hammer. If the day is extended to include an extra lunch, the hammer on that ends the day.

I don’t know what the limitation of two hammers in a day has to do with anything? I would ask the mod but this feels like..sensitive gameplay info, I’m just totally lost

The limitation of 2 hammers per day is the only reason Tommu hasn't been caught in a straight up lie. When Tommu's deathproof stack was used up (and Mr. Steak said it was end-of-day), the deadline had not arrived yet. Tommu's role claim is that the day would continue until deadline upon his deathproof stack being used up (and a potential 3rd hammer could happen). The mod clarification is the only thing resolving that contradiction.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Mr. Steak posted:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tommu posted:

My role contains a clause that could potentially have allowed for my alignment to change

Input from others is appreciated, but otherwise I consider this prime lie-detector material at this point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't think that's worth lie detecting btw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

like Tommu obviously does have a deathproof ability at the least, this extra poo poo about whether it extends the deadline or not doesn't really matter or indicate anything about his alignment.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

I dont either. What possuble gain would i get from lying about that lmao.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

like Tommu obviously does have a deathproof ability at the least, this extra poo poo about whether it extends the deadline or not doesn't really matter or indicate anything about his alignment.

The specific thing I asked him to say would, according to my logic, unambiguously confirm him as scum or not.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So you’re saying the only reason Tommu’s scenario hasn’t happened is because when we voted him, his deathproof didn’t activate because it would have caused a third lunch, so to speak, and there can be no more than two hammers / day?

HUH?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
A scenario where Tommu is scum and has mechanics to change his alignment (be they exactly the ones he mentioned or others) is super loving weird.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the bit about his alignment potentially changing is more interesting though, of course. But proving that true would basically just confirm him as 3P and he already sounds pretty firmly that way anyway. If he's just lying scum, why would he even mention the poo poo about it extending the deadline, just to make himself sound like a liar?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

So you’re saying the only reason Tommu’s scenario hasn’t happened is because when we voted him, his deathproof didn’t activate because it would have caused a third lunch, so to speak, and there can be no more than two hammers / day?

HUH?

The deathproof activated but the "day continues until its actual deadline" did not, because of the hard-limit of 2 per day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

This seems to imply if he was hammered, his deathproof would activate, and the “continue on to deadline” would simply immediately trigger since we’d already be there also at deadline.

His ability is protected from activating because of a mod rule on 2 hammers a day?

What?!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Sandwolf, friend.

You do remember Tommu was hammered right :v: ? Like, deathproof did activate.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(or something similar to deathproof)

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Sandwolf posted:

HUH?

Holy poo poo dude

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dancer posted:

The deathproof activated but the "day continues until its actual deadline" did not, because of the hard-limit of 2 per day.

So theoretically if we tried to lunch Tommu on the 2nd lynch, every day, he’d be unlunchable and his role would never trigger??

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol I think Sandwolf is probably just trying to find something else for us to latch onto and talk about

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Sandwolf posted:

So theoretically if we tried to lunch Tommu on the 2nd lynch, every day, he’d be unlunchable and his role would never trigger??

What

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

one shot

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dancer posted:

Sandwolf, friend.

You do remember Tommu was hammered right :v: ? Like, deathproof did activate.

Yes! But he seemed to imply that his role has not yet manifested, his wording earlier made it seem like he didn’t lose his deathproof

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

lol I think Sandwolf is probably just trying to find something else for us to latch onto and talk about

dude trust me I wish I was grasping this, I feel sincerely dumb rn

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

can you stop twisting me even trying to figure out the drat game into being scummy, goddamn

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

“Sandwolf took that big stinky poo poo to throw everyone off his scent”

“Sandwolf used a typo to purposefully mislead people”

“Sandwolf didn’t grasp relatively complex mechanics to try and create a distraction”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Sandwolf posted:

dude trust me I wish I was grasping this, I feel sincerely dumb rn

Its really not hard.

The day didnt continue after my death as per my role because i was the second lynch (kill?). This was confirmed by mod.