Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The first one I kill with a three-point death strike to the meridian chakra, stopping it's heart instantly. The second one I daze with my Ultra-Mag flashlight, and then sit on it while it's momentarily stunned, but only to pin it and not crush it. This will give me ample time to take the first raccoon and, after saying a prayer to the gods to send it's spirit to rest, skin it and use it's bones to fashion into a knife. I will continue this tactic of stunning, pinning, and skinning until I have created a full set of raccoon leather armor and a raccoon bone katana. I am now capable of fighting the remaining raccoons all at once using my mastery of kenjutsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Seriously though, just become friends with the first raccoon, the others have to wait forever for their chance to fight you.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

The Human Crouton posted:

gently caress you.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Why in the heck would you fight the raccoons? Trash pandas are our adorable friends. Don't fight them. :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who What Now posted:

The first one I kill with a three-point death strike to the meridian chakra, stopping it's heart instantly. The second one I daze with my Ultra-Mag flashlight, and then sit on it while it's momentarily stunned, but only to pin it and not crush it. This will give me ample time to take the first raccoon and, after saying a prayer to the gods to send it's spirit to rest, skin it and use it's bones to fashion into a knife. I will continue this tactic of stunning, pinning, and skinning until I have created a full set of raccoon leather armor and a raccoon bone katana. I am now capable of fighting the remaining raccoons all at once using my mastery of kenjutsu.

*its

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

While you corrected spelling and grammar, I studied the blade

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cancon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7m-EhQhFU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

I am the king of varmints and my penis bone crown hangs heavy with the weight of my kingdom

Show us the crown imposter

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

American raccoons or real raccoons?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
At least 54. It just so happens that I’ve been helping the local animal shelter with its overcrowding problem by practicing my AC/DC hadoukens and suplexes on 3 legged pit bulls and PTSD suffering ex-police dogs.

Where do I sign up

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

RocktheCaulk posted:

Pretty simple premise. If raccoons lined up one by one to fight you, how many in a row do you think you could take before they raccooned you to death? Personally at my current cardio state I think I could take a dozen raccoons before one got me in the jugular, but that is just a guess. Never personally fought a raccoon so hoping to get some raccoon fighting expert opinions ITT.

Edit - My bad on not having a poll, but imagine a bunch of options that say "goku"

You dumb gently caress. Racoons are as strong as wolverines and have opposable thumbs. A friend of mine works pest control and he says they'll tip the collar sticks right out of their hands.

My guess is you'll underestimate your first racoon and that'll be the end of you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Before the battle sneak into their lair and replace all of their masks with blindfolds.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

You dumb gently caress. Racoons are as strong as wolverines and have opposable thumbs. A friend of mine works pest control and he says they'll tip the collar sticks right out of their hands.

My guess is you'll underestimate your first racoon and that'll be the end of you.

Yikes looks like the Tuna Helper brigade showed up

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I imagine a Critters scenario where a giant ball of raccoons rolls over you and then all that's left is a skeleton.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I would defeat them easily. No problem destroying raccoons for me personally.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Like.... One. Maybe. Little fuckers are tough and intelligent

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Who What Now posted:

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Racoons are ferocious as gently caress op. I'm a terrible human monster and I would only want, at most, 3 fully grown; grain fed, raccoons fighting me.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Im more of a possum fighting kind of guy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Raccoons are cool and my friends. When I worked into the night I'd see the neighborhood racoons pretty much every day on my way home, they even stopped being afraid.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Racoons are vicious bastards that will kill every chicken in your coop, not eating a single one

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Racoons are vicious bastards that will kill every chicken in your coop, not eating a single one

Raccoons literally did eat or dismember all my chickens so this hits home.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

^Wow, that's upsetting

I wouldn't fight any raccoons OP as they are god's creatures and to harm one of god's creatures would be wrong and i'd not get to go to heaven so that is why i wouldn't fight a raccoon

This.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I feel like I could punt fifteen of them before getting a little tired or rolling my ankle. At that point, we go to the ground. Eventually I'm going to cheat a little and begin using one of the dead raccoon's bodies as a weapon. Given the fact that raccoons all magically disappear before the sun comes up, I think I could last until morning.

Lossy Compression
Sep 29, 2019

Hooked On A Feeling
Imagining a slow pan across the line of waiting raccoons, ala Airplane. Each one tapping a little weapon in its hand impatiently; a little raccoon crowbar, a little raccoon baseball bat, adorable little raccoon brass knuckles, etc.

As long as they come at me one at a time, I can go all night!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Through cunning I’ll get the raccoons to fight with all the five year olds I previously arranged a brawl with, and slink our the back door while they tear eachother apart.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm gonna gently caress all these raccoons up. You just don't even know, OP. Whatcha gonna do, when Raccoonapocalypse is runnin' wiiiiiild on you?!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

I feel like I could punt fifteen of them before getting a little tired or rolling my ankle. At that point, we go to the ground. Eventually I'm going to cheat a little and begin using one of the dead raccoon's bodies as a weapon. Given the fact that raccoons all magically disappear before the sun comes up, I think I could last until morning.

This is a fantastic username/post combo.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Here's that video of a homeless gentleman bringing a dead raccoon into McDonald's so don't click that unless you wanna see a dead raccoon and I guess I could take out about a dozen raccoons sequentially op

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like Bert would be easy, probably Ralph and Melissa too... would I have to deal with the Sneers?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

i felt like this was an endless "rancor" situation, so in my case i think it would be around 10, where i could kill one, use it as a weapon on the next one, then dual wield, then eat dead raccoon, then use raccoon projectiles, so on and so on, then feel bad, succumb to rabies, accept my fate.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
a "gaze" of raccoons? who comes up with these bullshit animal group names?

EDIT: and probably like, 6 or 7 OP. i'm assuming these are some decently tough raccoons though

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
every 3rd raccoon I would just break it's legs and let it lay on the ground for a while so I could rest before finishing it off. with this method, and eatting the raccoons I feel this could become a sustainable lifestyle for many years. thank you

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I assume they launch themselves into your face like a facehugger so I could probably fight off 0

Now if they run at you from the ground and go for the ankles, I am fairly confident I could fight off 0

naem
May 29, 2011

just bring food and feed them, fight over

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op, your question betrays a mindset of defeat

as a student of sun tzu i would win first, then go to war with the raccoons

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Sequentially? I dunno man

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
We used to trap them in live traps on the farm, and would sometimes catch as many as 5 per evening (sometimes two to a trap). The trick was to get a clean hit on the top of the head with the first blow of a baseball bat, or else you're going to just injure them instead of knocking them out or outright killing them (I've probably killed ~200 this way). Raccoons have a surprisingly tough skull, and if you don't have a weapon of some sort, you're going to have to somehow crush it to kill them. I've caught raccoons out in the open and put the boots to them, and I'm sorry to say that it was neither an easy or a relatively quick death for them. Even with a pair of steel-toed work boots, you're going to have a hell of a time killing them. The two times that I did kill them without a weapon it required probably a minute or so each, with me eventually having to jump on their head to make sure they died. Their bodies are very resilient, and they have enough fat on them to cushion a lot of blows that would kill a similarly sized animal. Back when we used to grow feed-corn we could shoot somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100 per night. They are the absolute most wasteful animal on the planet next to humans. They'll knock down a cornstalk, take a single bite from a cob, knock down another, take another bite, knock down another, etc. A raccoon can knock down a area of corn the size of a typical above ground swimming pool in a single night, and a full family can clear enough room for a game of half-court.

Lining them up and fighting them sequentially? It would be all about your stamina and footwear. If you're wearing runners, then you're probably going to break a toe on the first or second one and be done. If you have steel-toed boots, then it just going to be a manner of how long before you can no longer kick effectively. If I had to put a number down, I'd say about 15 raccoons, maybe 20 (max) as 15-20 minutes is probably the longest I could keep up that kind of exertion.

Also you should stay away from any place that has a lot of racoon feces. Their poop can carry parasite eggs that can kill you if inhaled.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
JFC you are a loving psycho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Colonel Cancer posted:

JFC you are a loving psycho.

The guy posting above you? Yeah. He is.