Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

not at all, but if you don't pick Gallente you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm only a few days into the beta so just practising before the wipe. Is there any point in going for a Drone build out of the gate?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The News thingy said that after the 8th you'll be able to reserve your name on the Bio page, does anyone know where this is?

Edit: worked it out.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 9, 2020

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Evernoob posted:

What did blackout do?

Nullsec became like wormholes were you only showed up in local if you said anything. Which made little sense as there were still jumpgates in nullsec.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

local has been so fundamentally detrimental to eve online in the long term it's insane- being able to avoid ALL player interaction simply because you pay attention to the window has been the worst thing they could ever develop.

Imagine unironically thinking this.

I mean Eve Echoes is going to be ruined out the gate by tragic turbo nerds multiboxing on bluestacks so they can scan, tackle and kill folk without having to interact with other players. Dumping endless time into the game then whining whenever the developer makes things easier for casual players actually playing on mobile.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

and here's a third one actually:

pretty much no one in eve online wants local in the game, they only prefer it in the current system as the rest of the game isn't balanced around local not-existing, an issue that EE doesn't have because it doesn't have anywhere close to the same type of PvE system or scalability.

your opinion is one of ignorance, you see the numbers but nothing beyond why they might be the way they are.

I really hope the Developers kill Eve Echoes for you because keeping out absolute game cancers like yourself would be great.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 16, 2020

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

simply being able to avoid ALL PLAYER INTERACTION simply by looking at a chat window is absolutely awful game design and balance.

You keep saying this but it's entirely untrue, ganking happened before blackout just fine.

But like I say, please feel free to let this awful mechanic keep you from multi-boxing this mobile game, maybe try Second Galaxy?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Skex posted:

It's also kind of :catdrugs: that you dismiss fleet and gang warfare experience while whining about people trying to avoid player interaction, Shooting people isn't the only way to interact with other players in this game. Joining fleets, gangs, corporations, alliances and sharing information are as well, in fact they are the main way to interact with other players.

The only gangs he's joining are his own multiboxed alts so that's why he doesn't count it as player interaction.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sneak Lemming posted:

Offline Autopilot makes total sense for a mobile game.

Yeah, they had the couriering thing for moving stuff around already, offline autopilot is generally a good idea.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Good Dumplings posted:

neat, I've never seen someone willfully admit to having no idea how non-gank combat works

I love the idea that fitting a neut is what's going to stop you getting ganked as well, especially when all the multiboxer is going to do is login a few more alts to make it stick if it's even in question.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Inimicul posted:

Most mobile games aren't as large scale and community driven as EVE is. Even Second Galaxy had much larger corp sizes and even then it was too small. There's a lot (A LOT) I can blame those devs for but at least they understood the need for larger corp sizes. Artificially limiting them as a skill gate isn't going to do much but frustrate the player base. Do they think it'll limit blobbing in fleet fights? The only thing I've seen so far that's limiting fleet fights is that sovereignty won't be in at launch so there's no reason to take big shot ops to nullsec.

On the other hand, it's the only mobile game I've seen that doesn't use gacha as the main gameplay element.

They should make it Gacha, but only getting pulls for popping pods.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jimlit posted:

thats pretty toxic of you

I think that's his whole shtick?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

sorry y'all so scared to have fun, nothing's funnier than watching some nerd melt down and call you the n word over losing the ability to speak for 12 hours in a discord for a game that hasn't been playable and won't be playable for 3 months.

Nothing more fun than watching some nerd have a meltdown you say?

Local chat in Eve is fine, a good game mechanic.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

some people have really weird slightly racist (and some super racist) dislikes about chinese and brazillian players in games, but i literally love it when an MMO is full of them because they usually end up being total fodder for me to kill

i'd rather have people typing at me in non english gibberish after i smoked them than play a game with no one to smoke.

Some people are racist you say? Chinese are all dumb fodder you say?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

i didn't, thanks for trying

Oh? So what is it about the Chinese that makes them more likely to be fodder for you then?

Because from here it sounds a lot like you're some sort if dipshit racist.

I mean we already know you're a dipshit, it's the racist part that's new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

pixaal posted:

If it at all helps I read the post as "It's more interesting when diplomacy is strictly through actions because there is no common language"

Which it can make things interesting trying to not start a big shooting match without using words.

That is a very generous way to read something from someone who solely multiboxes to gank people.