Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
wild as hell there are more people from state of washington than the general DMV area, let alone DC on this upcoming card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Brut posted:

Eh he's only 33, and kept up relatively well for 3 rounds against the guy who's fighting for the title next weekend, I mostly found it interesting that he seemed to be saying he literally didn't know eating healthy makes you feel better, rather than worse. It's also a very stark turnaround from previously being very vocal about a specific retirement plan.

If Marlon crushes him next weekend I'll re-evaluate I guess.

Until that 2nd paragraph, I thought you were talking about Marquardt, and I was highly confused

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

can he survive the mummy's curse that aldo will place upon his head?

https://twitter.com/CTGallacher/status/1202335743529684992?s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

While that would be rad, I dont think thats enough notice and I dont want another 3 round main event, especially with these two fellas

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Featherweight is by a wide margin the best division holy poo poo.

Non champs include
Zabit
TKZ
Ortega
Kattar
Yair
Emmett
Moicano
Burgos
Volkanovski

Like gently caress why can't other divisions have so many awesome fighters. Even the mediocre ones in there are better than 95% of the UFC.

Not that this wrecks your argument (and i agree that 145 whips rear end), but Moicano is going up to lightweight.

To fight Clay Guida, of all people

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

Dana is on the radio right now ( https://www.radio.com/thefandc/listen ), seems to still be claiming that the Cowboy fight is on, despite there being no official announcement and the first 2020 event listed on ufc.com is still the January 25 card.

this must mean cowboy vs conor will be the first fight put on by Zuffa Boxing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I've had floor seats twice, once about 10 rows back, which was not great, and once on the front row, which was decent

But every other time has been a handful of rows up off the floor, in the lower bowl, and those seats always rule

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Rashad's brain seems fine, right?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mekchu posted:

Also in case anyone was interested, UFC & Quintet (Sakuraba's grappling org) have their big 4 team tournament this Thursday and I figured I'd share it here because A) it's on Fight Pass and B) it is kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsj8cI4YoBw

Team UFC: Anthony Smith, Anthony Johnson, Sean O'Malley, Clay Guida and Gilbert Burns

Team Pride: Kazushi Sakuraba, Takanori Gomi, Gregor Gracie, Hector Lombard and Yves Edwards

Team Strikeforce: Gilbert Melendez, Jake Shields, Muhammed Lawal, Gesias Cavalcante and Renato Sobral

Team WEC: Chad Mendes, Glover Teixeira, Mark Munoz, Cub Swanson and James Krause

Quintet Ultra is a 5 team match where competitors do submission grappling 1 on 1 and are eliminated by a loss or draw, with the winner of each match remaining on the mat to face the next guy in the team their facing. A team loses when all five of its members are eliminated.

Plus there's a few super-fights to give the teams time to take a rest.

Gordon Ryan vs. Alexey Oleynik
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Danielle Kelly
Craig Jones vs. Fredson Paixao

Honestly, this whole thing looks really dope.

cool to select guys that never even got submissions in MMA for a submission grappling tournament

also:

https://twitter.com/josealdojunior/status/69216000498868224?s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think team strikeforce is gonna wreck shop, personally.

Also isn’t gordon giving up a lot of weight to grapple grandpa?

Mo and Giblert have never submitted anyone in MMA.

I think Burns is gonna be the MVP

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Also, since there are 4 teams, it'll be a lil tournament, and anyone that didnt compete in the first match starts the second, so it's better to keep as many dudes fresh for the finals

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

Holy poo poo

thats incredibly minor leagues, crime-wise for kickboxers

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ariza posted:

Is there a reason I don't like GDR and I'm excited to see Nunes punch her in the face really hard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKVPYQW6KE&t=5s

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

illegal strikes rule if they're funny, i.e. are to balls (eye pokes and scrotal kicks, punches, and bites) but yeah, you cant keep punching people when their guard is down after the horn

Counter point: Clarence Byron Dolloway getting knocked out after the bell, winning by DQ and having that flash on screen as he's getting stretchered out of the arena is loving hilarious

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

stop!

hammertime

https://twitter.com/DovySimuMMA/status/1205547787565314053?s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

FishBowlRobot posted:

Hasn’t anyone who’s left Alpha Male said that Faber was always butting chins with the instructors?

people only butt chins with urijah when they meet him face to face

Brut posted:

Also what's my best bet on securing a good ticket for UFC 249, did they when they go on sale? Should I sign up for that special club thing that costs money or that doesn't really matter?

Fight Club presale for 249 is currently listed as TBA.

For events you think are gonna sell out kinda quick, it's good.

I'm still considering going to 249, so if you're down, we could go together, and if I end up deciding on not going, I can still send you the Fight Club presale code whenever it pops up (I'd just need a reminder to check when that happens)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

UFC January: "You Only Blah Blah Blah"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Oh this is something I noticed the other night but that post reminded me -

Alexander Volkanovzki has one of the longest proportional reaches in the UFC. If he were the same height as Jones he'd have an 82.5 inch reach.

He found the glitch in the create a fighter menu where if you cycle through weight classes fast enough, the game doesn't adjust your reach correctly to your new height

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Valentina always has a chance to tepidly out-point her, but I think other than Cyborg fighting a little more cautiously, there aren't a ton of fighters out there with the combination of striking to keep Amanda from blitzing, grappling to avoid getting de Randamie'd and the chin and cardio to not die over the 25 minutes it would take

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

what the gently caress is diluted water

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/JHKMMA/status/1208408100019027970?s=19

drat Superboy maybe ease up on the spinny poo poo

I thought he was throwing a lot less in the 2nd, and assumed he was either worried about gassing or maybe was getting countered too much. Welppp

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

South Koreans loving LOVE them some Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhtOGkUqVTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

246 looks like a very good fight night card