Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

Are his wrestling opinions as bad as his f1 opinions? Someone in the f1 thread said he got banned andnit made me sad.

I don't know. I never really saw anything egregious from DG but I also don't really read many other threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Are his wrestling opinions as bad as his f1 opinions? Someone in the f1 thread said he got banned andnit made me sad.

they were worse somehow

e: Colby Covington self-diagnosing a broken jaw and everyone else just running with it and declaring it Real is some amazing poo poo

Alaois fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 15, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That tweet is gone

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/BR_MMA/status/1206106741638750209

truly high level comedy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

they were worse somehow

e: Colby Covington self-diagnosing a broken jaw and everyone else just running with it and declaring it Real is some amazing poo poo

The lieberal media strikes again.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

The fight was good and it showed me that maybe Usman isn't always a wet blanket wrestler, and now maybe I can begin the road to liking him as a fighter.

Also I'm still owed a sixer or 3 day for that last Arlovski loss. I need my KO'd Arlovski probe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

it’s gone what did it say

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

it’s gone what did it say

it said x-rays showed colby didn't have a broken jaw

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Colby fans on Twitter right now:

A. "He's a warrior for fighting with a broken jaw!" (conveniently forgetting what would have broken his jaw)

B. He didn't have a broken jaw, fight was called early, he was about to win the decision.

C. Wasn't going to win, but is still better than Usman.

Bonus: All the people crying "ILLEGAL STRIKES TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! AT LEAST SIX! ZOOM IN AND SLOW DOWN THE FINISHING SEQUENCE! COLBY IS STILL CHAMP!

Colby fans are fuckin wild.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/1206137541075886081

Hopefully his jaw's wired shut for a bit

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1206145083097178112?s=20

oh no cody what is you doin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Untrustable posted:

The fight was good and it showed me that maybe Usman isn't always a wet blanket wrestler, and now maybe I can begin the road to liking him as a fighter.

Also I'm still owed a sixer or 3 day for that last Arlovski loss. I need my KO'd Arlovski probe.

Sorry I completely forgot to do this! Queued now for your rapsheet record.

Edit: Also, didn't get to catch the fights but sad to hear Max lost :smith:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Dec 15, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I legit hope Usman kills Covington

I'll settle for him having to eat through a straw to be honest.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Rewatching some of the earlier fights, and Pyotr Yan looks really good. Wasn’t super impressed with his last fight iirc but every other time I’ve seen him he’s looked scary.

also, yikes, faber’s eye looked nasty

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The first frame I clicked this morning ended up being the Volkanovski vs. Holloway strike volume :catstare:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Untrustable posted:

A. "He's a warrior for fighting with a broken jaw!" (conveniently forgetting what would have broken his jaw)

B. He didn't have a broken jaw, fight was called early, he was about to win the decision.

Bonus: All the people crying "ILLEGAL STRIKES TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! AT LEAST SIX! ZOOM IN AND SLOW DOWN THE FINISHING SEQUENCE! COLBY IS STILL CHAMP!

I'm still not really convinced that there are actually Colby fans and not just a bunch of sock puppets.

Was anyone from these threads at the event last night? Were ther eactually arena-wide "Colby" chants going on? I noticed part way through the fight that the levels for the commentary/crowd noise were loving goofy as if the broadcast was just cranking the crowd mics up at certain times to make it sound as if some things were louder than they actually were, and then having to rapidly turn it down when the arena got actually noisy. :tinfoil:

Also with Joe DC and Anik repeatedy saying boilerplate poo poo like "COLBY COVINGTON SURE HAS PEOPLE WHO LIKE HIM GEEZ HE'S SO LIKEABLE AND A STAR"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I spotted one guy in a maga hat in the crowd when they did a crane shot.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Untrustable posted:

I don't think anyone will ever top Conor fans after Diaz 1 or even Khabib when they were basically saying he won because the other fighter didn't stand and trade. Whenever there are rumours he's getting booked they're all over the other guy's twitter daring him not to use cowardly grappling.

Edit: I can't believe how hard the booth is selling this "broken jaw". Yes his left TMJ is probably jacked up bad (everyone who's been hit from the side with their mouth open knows that one) but if he was talking in the corner it's not broken. It's actually not that bad if he keeps his mouthpiece in.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 15, 2019

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
The commentary seemed extra insufferable last night, but I haven't watched a PPV in a while and maybe I need to be re-innoculated

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Diddie posted:

The commentary seemed extra insufferable last night, but I haven't watched a PPV in a while and maybe I need to be re-innoculated

Nah it sucked. The worst part was when Jon Anik said during a shot of Usman, "Colby Covington is looking to put him in his place."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/colbycovmma/status/1206118453985173505

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol sinking is finger in usman’s eye to the 2nd knuckle was definitely fake news

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

UFC January: "You Only Blah Blah Blah"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LobsterMobster posted:

UFC January: "You Only Blah Blah Blah"

UFC January: An African made America Great

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

kensei posted:

UFC January: An African made America Great

No. Don't loving do this. In fact let me just cast a blanket vote against any kind of trump/maga/colby references in any future titles because honestly gently caress that poo poo get it out of here.

UFC January: My dutch balls did did nothing wrong

https://twitter.com/StefanStruve/status/1204102284948328448

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Brut posted:

No. Don't loving do this. In fact let me just cast a blanket vote against any kind of trump/maga/colby references in any future titles because honestly gently caress that poo poo get it out of here.

I get it, no biggie

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Having to interject between two people talking about a title fight so you can get a plug in for pube razors was some surreal poo poo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shumagorath posted:

Edit: I can't believe how hard the booth is selling this "broken jaw". Yes his left TMJ is probably jacked up bad (everyone who's been hit from the side with their mouth open knows that one) but if he was talking in the corner it's not broken. It's actually not that bad if he keeps his mouthpiece in.

You can have you jaw broken and still be able to talk.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Down Right Fierce posted:

Having to interject between two people talking about a title fight so you can get a plug in for pube razors was some surreal poo poo.

🤔 what brand is this? I am.....curious about this product.

Brut posted:

agreed.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
https://twitter.com/PlatinumPerry/status/1206172680216465409

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mike :unsmith:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Untrustable posted:

the crying about illegal strikes to the back of the head reminds me of me when I first started watching and had no idea what was what in MMA

I also like the calls about the bias announcing. As if Joe didn't think Colby rocked or hurt Usman like a dozen times over the course of the fight.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Known liberal Joe Rogan.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did colby show up for the post show presser? Guessing no

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I like Max a lot but Volkanovski showed up prepared and looked great.

Also I'm glad the racist got his jaw broken

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

all I know is the bar I work at went wild when Colby lost. haven't heard as much cheering since the Eagles beat the Patriots in the super bowl.

People were chanting "gently caress you Colby" and had to be asked to calm down. :unsmith:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bar I was at cheered pretty hard for Colby losing

But weirdly had strong outbursts for GDR at times.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Brut posted:

But what I really want to know is were his balls hot

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How did the Nunes fight go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
How similar was this Colby thing to the time Sean Sherk lost to Frankie and ran out of the Octagon, out of the arena, into the streets and then Keith Kizer had to call him on the phone and tell him to get the gently caress back to the arena to give a post-fight piss sample or else have his licence permanently revoked

Cause that's what I'm reminded of here