Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Sekenr posted:

I am curious what were the outlandish tactics that fans used to save the show?
One of them forced workers to work themselves nearly to death, used their dominance to undercut other online retailers to put them out of business and then drove prices up again, displayed misleading "sale" prices, ruthlessly exploited delivery workers so that people can get "free" shipping on items that are overpriced already to account for the shipping, and canceled The Tick. It worked though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Weaponized Autism posted:

I binged all 4 seasons over the holiday break, what a great show! Season 4 though was underwhelming. The one thing that is laughable is why the gently caress does everyone have a thin glass phone/tablet? Throughout the series there have been a few occurrences of them being damaged or broken. Phone cases not a thing?

Anyway Amos is my favorite, bring on season 5.
If you don't think that everyone who could afford it, and plenty of people who couldn't, would buy a thin glass phone/tablet if Apple started selling one and all the other companies started copying Apple, then I don't know what to tell you.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Presumably, they would have the permission of whatever actor was chosen to replace with a deepfake? So not 100% insane?
That's not helpful. In these cases of course you can count on the permission of the actor who is covered up, either via makeup (as in BttF II) or via deepfake. The actor who you don't have permission from is the person being excluded from acting in the thing and they're the one whose permission you need.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Serious question, do they call it buck shot because it’s made to hunt deer with?
Yes.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Why don’t more people use it for that?
More than do right now? How many do you think use it right now, and why do you think the number should be higher than it is?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Cojawfee posted:

That's similar to Charlie Work. It's two different sets. There's the interior set which is the bar, and then an exterior set which I think is actually in Philly. So they had to do creative cuts when Charlie goes from from inside to outside and vice versa.
Can't they just cut from inside to outside like 99% of films and TV? I don't see why they'd have to be creative. "Interior and exterior are two different sets" is the typical way of filming.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Panderfringe posted:

I don't think I'm going to bother watching the finale. This is just complete trash.

Panderfringe posted:

So like nothing happens in the loving finale until the last ten minutes? Lol

Panderfringe posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet, just wondering if there's any conclusion other than the very, very end.

Panderfringe posted:

Finale was alright. Good enough to make up for one or two bad episodes, but certainly not 2/3 of a season's worth of bad episodes lol
Aw man this latest plot twist is rough. I was really enjoying hearing about how bad this episode was from someone who hadn't seen it yet. I was hoping you'd keep the gimmick up all throughout season 6 and keep making GBS threads on episodes you hadn't seen based on what you imagined they were about.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Bip Roberts posted:

He's willing to shoot a rail gun at him, he's willing to shoot a torpedo, but then he stealthy disables it so she thinks he only wanted to kill them. It's dumb and out of character and obviously just written to prolong the plot.
The railgun shots were when Marco was chasing them and trying to kill them. The torpedo Bobby fired (which is one Holden was not willing to fire) was when Marco was dead in the water and not a threat. "He was willing to kill in self-defense, so obviously it's dumb and out of character not to murder the guy, plus Naomi's son, in cold blood" is a ridiculous take. Holden is pretty clearly the kind of person who wouldn't blow up Inaros if he had any other option and he even explained one of his reasons why, out loud, in this very episode. And another reason (Philip) was on the screen in that scene!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Just have Alex's kid inherit the Alex role in the new stuff. Problem solved. (I have not read the books.)