Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can't wait for the PC version with model swaps. Tifa with Barret heads as fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

New Wave Jose posted:

He is not going to be in the game if it's only Midgar

I mean he does make a cameo in the Honeybee Inn, sorta

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Vichan posted:

That bathing scene had better be in.

There’s a recent interview where either Nomura or Kitase say the Honeybee Inn scenario has been expanded rather than cut.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Replace Every Character With Barret Mod

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Seriously, I love that they’re keeping (and adding!) a lot of goofy poo poo here. This doesn’t look to suffer from the you-will-take-my-anime-seriously syndrome that a lot of the Compilation stuff suffered from.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

PancakeTransmission posted:

Cup Noodle quest??

The water’s boilin’, Cloud!!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Webbeh posted:

Folks are already datamining some resources from the beta: https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/1212513660293304321

(read Twitter thread, spoilers on folks that haven't been shown yet)

drat, there’s even some stuff that’s not even supposed to be in part one stashed in the demo somehow.

Choco Bill and Aerith in Gongaga

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m pretty sure someone at SE or Sony is gonna get fired into the sun.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Gologle posted:

More like Palmer looks the best.

He’s even talking about lard in tea in the screenshot :3

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
There’s many more leaked images here, just FYI:

https://imgur.com/a/rDXISUM

There’s some really easily identifiable story points in the game, but there’s definitely new stuff that looks really interesting.

Also, Hell House confirmed, 11/10 GOTY

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

[Speaking backward]
“I’ll see you again in 25 years”

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Namnesor posted:

This channel has (presumably) all of the music ripped from the demo, and there's multiple variations for songs like the main battle theme, the boss theme, and the bombing mission theme, and they're all :perfect:

There’s also tracks from (presumably) an in-game jukebox, which has a ton of fun FF covers, like an 8-bit version of 13’s battle theme.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
There’s some script leak stuff that suggests somewhat major story changes. Or additions, at least.

HERE BE SPOILERS:

Hojo wanted to breed Aerith with G-Type SOLIDERs, referencing CC. Sephiroth seems to be quite chatty with Cloud in his head. The “Watchers of Fate” are way more integrated into the story it seems, with Aerith and Red straight up explaining what they are - they even appear and interrupt Hojo as he tells Cloud he was never in SOLDIER. Apparently they act as a sort of “destiny police” for the Lifestream, and appear to those who are trying to deviate from the will of the Planet.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Elentor posted:

A lot of things so far seem positive, and even the things I don't like are very minor, but the new major plot element is so dumb that unless it has like, some superb execution, all I want to do is to mod the poo poo out of it.

Like, they say it was one of the ideas originally planned for OG VII but was scrapped due to constraints, but it’s such a Nomura-circa-2007 concept that I find it hard to accept.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

In a crossover with their upcoming Avengers game, Gackt will be digitally replaced by one of the actual MCU actors and be the new Genesis in a future Crisis Core re-release.

That's right, Jeff Goldblum is the New Genesis.

You’re implying something is bad, but you instead stated a good thing.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Spermando posted:

This is absolutely the case for pretty much everyone between 20-25 I know who are looking forward to this game.

My best friend is 32 and a massive gamer, especially classic games, and has never played VII. He knows the characters and basic story through cultural osmosis. He always talks like he’s played it, though.

“I’m just gonna wait until the remake” has been his excuse since the first rumors during the PS2 era.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The list of bosses in the game leaked.

Hell House is a boss lmao. So is Seph, JENOVA PULSE, and...the Watchmen of Fate?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Terper posted:

rideable chocobos confirmed

Could just be Cloud’s head there :heysexy:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Honestly I support any Cloud x Jessie additions to the story. Clearly the most adorable pairing. Tifa and Aerith who?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The dialogue leaks for the Shinra staircase climb, while removing Tifa’s “retard” comment, are still really funny. EG:

Cloud: Shut up and move.
Tifa: Still not there yet.
Barret: Almost... Real close now!
Cloud: Sure about that?
Barret: It's called...bein' an optimist!
Barret: This sucks! I wanna go back!
Tifa: You want to go down all those stairs you just climbed?

They’re really nailing the characterizations.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The demo was in our hearts all along

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Kheldarn posted:

OK, but it turns out it's pronounced Mack-oh, and not Make-oh, because :squeenix:

Ever since I first played the game in 2000ish, I’ve always said “mah-ko”. But that’s because that’s how it was pronounced in glorious Japanese, which I was definitely teaching my weeb self at the time.

(I actually ended up sticking with it and now I sometimes do translation work, go figure)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Jack B Nimble posted:

Who is making this, the team that made ff15?

It’s the original VII team making this, using Unreal Engine

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if that’s all it takes to give the game some extra love, then by all means

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Probably not the case, but I do wonder if all the leaks gave them an opportunity to gauge some early reactions and made them decide to make some tweaks.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Wait you’re supposed to add textures? poo poo we gotta delay this thing.”

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They somehow made the Honey Bee Inn even better.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Also, it was confirmed who the composers for FFVIIR are: Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Mitsuto Suzuki.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Nihilarian posted:

I will never understand peoples weird hangup with th

I’ve heard some people complain it sounds like you’re talking with a lisp, but do the names Lilith, Meredith, and Gwyneth sound weird to them too?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Elentor posted:

Th sucks to pronounce as a non-native speaker and was the last thing I learned and only because someone was really adamant that I stopped pronouncing th as d. When looking for ways to pronounce it the number 1 tip was "place your tongue between your teeth" which incidentally was also something I learned in school never to do, so imagine my surprise.

As for the other names they're pronounced locally as Lilitch, Mereditch and Gwynef. Also, Sephirot. The Japanese never even bothered to get Sephiroth right (Sephiros) and it's unlikely they ever will. Don't really blame'm.

‘Th’ is just one of those sounds that exists in a very limited number of Germanic languages, and is super hard for anyone who didn’t grow up with it to adopt. I remember (even as a native speaker) pronouncing it as ‘f’ until I was about 4 or so.

Kinda like the Japanese ‘r’, which is some monstrosity sitting somewhere between an ‘r’ and a ‘d’. That took me ages to get down.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

th sounds are generally pretty rare outside of the linguistic abomination that is English.

Most languages are an amalgamation of dialects to some extent, but English truly is an abomination. The Saxons kept getting owned by everyone else, most notably the Normans, which led to something that sounded like they were trying to speak German and French simultaneously. Add a penchant for just making poo poo up with no rhyme or reason for a few hundred years and you officially get The Worst Language.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Clarste posted:

The deep secret is that there are actually two completely different consonants in English that are both written as th.

Yup. The ‘th’ in “this” is different from “think”. :eng99:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Some Numbers posted:

That's because English spelling and orthography isn't accurate to the way people actually pronounce words.

Another good example is how English has something like 11 vowel sounds, but only five vowel letters.

Don't mind me, just a guy with a linguistics degree nerding out for a second.

Only a linguistics minor here but samesies :hfive:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Final Fantasy 7 Remake: 2.5 Remix - Endless Love

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

Since they're stubbornly refusing to put "episode 1" on the box or store, I'm betting that it's gonna be a weird sitch where the rest of the game is technically DLC

I wonder how many people who haven’t kept up with the news will see and buy the game without realizing it’s only the first part of many.

“WaIT it’s OnLy up THROUGH MIDGAR?!!” they’ll cry, claiming it’s a ripoff.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

RatHat posted:

Where do you guys think they’ll end part 1? The Nibelheim flashback at Kalm seems like it’d make the most sense, assuming they still have the flashback there. Ending at Kalm would also let it have a bit of postgame with the chocobo farm and probably some extra stuff and a hidden superboss or two.

I’m almost certain it’s going to end with them standing outside Midgar planning their next move. Ending cinematic might show Kalm in the distance while the credits begin to roll.

Then part two can begin with the flashback. First scene of the entire game being the truck in the rain.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

RatHat posted:

20 years later I just realized Jenova only looks like a female human because it was imitating a Cetra when it was "killed".

:aaaaa:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Elentor posted:

Tu vas et tu viens
Entre mes reins

Je te tue...moi non plus

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I honestly really love how the general fan attitude has gone from “oh god this is going to suck hard” to “I’m loving hyped for this” between the announcement and now. SE....might pull this off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cloud/Cid/Cait Sith supremacy.