Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Let cats murder?
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

Trapping a predator in your lovely apartment/house because you want a furry toy is hosed up. At least keeping animals for eating or labor makes sense, this just stinks of inability to form normal human connections and projecting your hosed up psyche into a defenseless animal

Dont talk about ur mom like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pick posted:

My current buddy does not go outside, never has, but when I wash him he's kind of a weenie about it. However, on the rare circumstances that you had to wash tarantula, usually because she'd been out rolling in something that might have chemicals on it, it was like trying to wash an angry dune buggy. That loving cat was so strong

Is it because of the test and d-bol in his diet

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Your animal is a moron and holds no power over you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mr. Dick posted:

The power of toxoplasmosis is real and strong.

I gave the cat toxoplasmosis

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP I hope your cat claws at your eyes and makes your piss smell like rotted lettuce

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

God I hate cats

After what OP's cat is going to do to him ur gonna love cats

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

VikingSkull posted:

hell yeah gently caress that mouse

You're gonna be looking like that mouse when your cat is thru with you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chief McHeath posted:

In college one of my friends had a fat orange cat that wore a bell around her neck and she brought more "presents" to the house than the all black boy cat did. How that fat orange fucker was such a great hunter, we'll never know. Because she was a cat that could not speak english, and is dead now.

At least this way you'll never know if the cat was racist

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

VikingSkull posted:

my cat loves me and I give him catnip to keep him subservient

I'm like the CIA but for felines

I'm working behind the scenes to convince ur cat to turn against you I've been making headway with contributions of catnip and pipe cleaners

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Caesar Saladin posted:

people be rambling about bird populations when the truth is they just aren't cat people

cat people are like "I like cats and dogs but prefer cats" and dog people go on weird rambles about cats and its like yeah, okay

I work with lots of cats and usually the anti-outdoor rationale is a pretty signifigantly more verbose list than just "they kill birds."

It's like, generally not great for the cat's well being or your ability to regulate the cat's healthfulness and despite popular belief among cat owners they're actually insanely bad at surviving in the wild as domesticated animals, they also get kidnapped constantly and the amount of people who have to get their cats chipped because poo poo like people "adopting" the cute "stray" that visits their home every so often despite tags is surprisingly high in regularity.

Cats regularly get run over by cars, eaten by wildlife (coyotes, stray dogs, even birds of prey) or do something moronic and get themselves caught in chicken wire or wedged in nooks and crannies. Just think of all the videos you've seen of cats with their heads stuck in poo poo outside.

Generally domesticated animals aren't adequately capable of handling the outside world, I mean gently caress, even wild animals have a hard time surviving in areas with human habitation.

Sure plenty of outdoor cats are fine every day and grow old and happy, but oftentimes they get splattered on the side of the road or get hideous parasites that I then have to extract from their mewling bodies as the owner weeps in fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Caesar Saladin posted:

I've had indoor cats all my life and have two over ten, I get all of this, I'm just saying the rambling spitting attitude of the anti cat people is hilarious and out of whack with normal behaviour. Like yeah, obviously keep your animals safe and keep outdoor animals safe, don't let your dog walk around unrestrained with no supervision either, its obvious to any reasonable pet owner. A guy up there says he shoots cats. What is that?

Yeah anti-cat people are weird and anti-dog people are weird and ultimately it boils down to the fact that people project human qualities onto animals and basically treat their pet preferences like game consoles or cars and get insanely defensive about which one they own while claiming that anyone who owns the other must be a moron.