Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

We already have The Gang Gets Quarantined. You can just mentally replace "flu" with "coronavirus".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

There should be a quarantine megathread, for all the disappointing poo poo we watch because we can't go outside.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bull3964 posted:

There is more good stuff out there than any shut-in can reasonably watch in a lifetime. I cannot fathom people watching poo poo just for poo poo's sake.

You can't stop me. 90 Day Fiance, here I come.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I watched New Girl for maybe a season and a half, and I had to stop because the cringe humor was too much for me personally.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Supernatural is getting another final season as the CW has decided to cut off the season now instead of pushing forward with what they had finished filming (which was up to episode 18 but did not include the finale.) So the current final season will end at episode 13 while the back seven episodes will air sometime later this year as a new final season.

This is reminding me a little of that year we had the writers strike. Like how the first 2 episodes of Breaking Bad season 2 were clearly written as season 1 episodes. It'll be an interesting little footnote in television history.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ehhh, those kinds of moments are good for interviews because it’s an unspoken invitation to say more. Sometimes you get a really good sound byte out of it because the subject offers up more information than they normally would have if you’d continued on with the next question.

Mr Rogers used to do something similar when talking to kids one-on-one because during those silences they’d tell him more personal stuff instead of the usual responses kids say to adults. It lets the person you’re talking to know you’re actually listening instead of just going by a script or needling them for info.

It's a decent tool to have in your repertoire as a manager too.

Employee: It shouldn't be too hard to do.
Manager: *stares*
Employee: (now slightly nervous) So... you should have it on your desk by the end of the week.

Just don't overuse it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If we're still talking about House, my favorite thing was for 5 straight summers, news rags would have an exclusive on how Hugh Laurie was getting a real limp from his fake limp and next season was going to be the last.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Presumably, she would have her apartment paid for her, which is a plus.

But she would have 2 hours max of free time per day because of scheduling, which is a minus.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Is this the right place for YouTube drama? Because Bon Apetit is having a real one today

https://twitter.com/sarahmanavis/status/1270069650060083207

lol only the white people are getting paid CondeNast is garbage

Isn't 50k in NYC well below the effective poverty line?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

How do you sleep under a refrigerator.

Fridge mattress would be a great setpiexe for a laugh track sitcom. I'd watch it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

One of my earliest recollections of captions being fallible was when Lisa said Powder Blue but the captions said Royal Blue. Or maybe the other way around.

That was the crayon in the brain episode

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I "enjoy" the fact that there are DVDs of Chinese kung fu movies where if you turn on subtitles over the dub, you get two wildly different experiences at once.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

How much did a 2 day rental cost from Blockbuster back in the day? I can't even remember anymore.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh, speaking of the Good Place...

https://twitter.com/YouSaidWhaaattt/status/1271678191560728581

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1273446578926219265

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

A lot of the time these old tweets are when they are in their twenties and they should know better.

One day someone will be able to say, "Dude I was literally in junior high" and I will honestly just accept that.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just got to Legends season 5. Did the entire writing crew change or something?

I thought the writing was pretty consistent with Season 4's. The only thing was that they had to write in the departures of some regulars that may have made things go on detours.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aArqS8RHWT0

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I recognize that incredibly Middlesbrough streamer.

This is going to be a trainwreck, hopefully in the best way.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They got Brink!, Johnny Tsunami, and plenty of other Disney Channel Original Movies to relive and be disappointed in.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Like so many abstracted business KPIs, it only really makes since to compare a company to its prior performance.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Medullah posted:

I didn't think it was anything TOO special but overall I enjoyed it. I did like the inference that the grandmother was in the time loop as well. I think they may have hinted Randy was too

Just watched Palm Springs because of you fuckers.

I liked it, owing in part to the fact that I'm in love with Cristin Milioti.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm guessing they meant Goofy as in Goofy.

The "Let's Go Fly a Kite" one was one of my favorites.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Waiting for Chloe Bennet from Agents of Shield to be Chloe Wang again.

Or Kal Penn to be Kalpen Suresh.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Avenue 5 wasn't very memorable overall, but I just remembered a scene from the second to last episode and it made me sad.

A very loud and outspoken "conspiracy theorist" convinces a handful a people to go out into an airlock and kill themselves in the name of freedom despite repeated, definitive evidence that going into the airlock would kill them.

Avenue 5 predicted 2020.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

So I want him to pass peacefully. But I also want Jeopardy to be filming at the time, because he says he says that he has a 30 second speech that his producer knows to save time for if he gives the signal.

I don't know man. All these guys on long running shoes are supposed to live fory. I need them to live forever.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Let's just talk about Palm Springs again. Now there was some good time fuckery.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh wow that's just straight up Sasha Grey. I guess I heard she's been Twitch streaming and stuff.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

precision posted:

She's fantastic in Soderbergh's The Girlfriend Experience

There was this weird rear end movie called The Scribbler with Sasha Grey, Katie Cassidy, Eliza Dushku and Michelle Trachtenberg. I think I didn't like it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Regarding Avatar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxp1IBK1OPI

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

El Jeffe posted:

https://twitter.com/xplay/status/1286705200292663297

G4 is coming back, hopefully with less COPS and not on Peacock.

How do they expect to compete with that other gaming culture thing we were talking about a few pages ago that I already forgot the name of?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fine, I'll dig for it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yes, that was literally my reaction as well.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I fall asleep to a lot of Youtube videos, so they are simultaneously videos I have watched and haven't watched.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I do this with Hulu and it makes the way itll start already watched episodes at the end so, so annoying. The Hulu support keeps saying it’s fixed but it’s obviously not. I think it’s because it automatically skips the credits so most episodes aren’t marked as finished when you watch them.

I've been rewatching Barry, and all the episodes start up with 5 minutes left, since they have the credits, behind the scenes, and a preview at the end of each. Too much for them to detect that as the end of the episode I guess.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I watched the first season of Lucifer when it aired. Can I jump ahead to a later season or should I slog through it all?

Seasons 2 and 3 add quite a bit to the overall story I think. I'm sure someone has a list of the "important" episodes, but I'd watch them on your second monitor or while on a treadmill or something.

edit: I haven't seen the Netflix seasons, but now I've just found my parent's password and I'm going to give it a whirl.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 22, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I only recently found out that Batman Beyond is the sequel to the Batman TAS cartoon. It's the same production team, similar art style, and Kevin Conroy is still Batman. I don't know why I just dismissed Beyond without ever watching it, I guess I didn't want to see a show about annoying teens even when I was a teen. Batman Beyond has a similar quality to TAS but the music is a huge downgrade. TAS has a slightly menacing orchestral score but in beyond it's generic electronic beats and guitar riffs. it just sounds like complete poo poo and makes the combat scenes unbearable to watch.

The opening scene is ridiculously filmic and a perfect homage to what BTAS was and what Beyond might become. It's a good rear end show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIUk9izILH8

oh jay fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 28, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I used to spend afternoons at my grandparents house looking through TV Guide.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hulu has "Chadwick Boseman - A Tribute for a King" available to stream, which I guess was what aired on Sunday. Is it any good? Will it make me sad-cry or happy-cry?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, there's episodes of Penn & Teller: Fool Us where they don't even talk in code for the audience, and just say that it's not technically magic and they just have holes and poo poo in their bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

T-Mobile Tuesday has a 6 month free QuiBi subscription today. This is still not enough to get me to try QuiBi.