Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like it's trying to say there's some connection between religion and line graphs, but that's probably just because my brain is broken by political cartoons in 2020 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They clearly understood pretty well about how powerful people act in general.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That's gotta be the worst punchline Horsey has done and he is not known for his punchline quality.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh huh, I didn't realize I this was the very first bad thing the US had ever done to Iran.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I had heard a line or two about this but holy poo poo reading the British royal tabloid stuff is like breathing carbon monoxide.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was just in the LBJ presidential library recently and it was bizarre how much it emphasized his habit of talking down to people, like it was something to be proud of. It had this one display that was like "get the LBJ experience" and there's a picture of him on the wall larger than life, angled downward and pointing his finger at someone below him, and you can stand there and get your picture taken. it's the only presidential library I've been to so far but it was a really weird experience.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
As people have observed since at least the 90s, you can't punch people in the face through the internet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MelvinBison posted:

Are they really calling it "Megxit?"
Yeah and it's fascinating to me because it works with the British pronunciation but not American.

The Japanese transliteration is completely hosed though, it's like "megugujitto"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Amoeba102 posted:

If a woman can't win, it's more about the inherent misogyny of the electorate than about their ability to lead and be president.
What gets me about the primaries is people need to ask themselves not "would I vote for a woman" but rather "would others vote for a woman" and that's where the really deep and insidious sexism comes out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They know better than anyone that there is no God so this will never happen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, it does indeed seem that because the Senate is not going to perform their duties under the Constitution, the articles of impeachment might as well have gone into the trash.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 18, 2020

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

lmao you've got loving nothing
The pen thing did seem really inappropriate to me though for impeachment, even if it was done that way last time. Same as "norms", pot kettle black arguments are not a meaningful part of American politics anymore so I wish they had skipped it.

I mean, unless there's some reason it had to be that way that I don't know about.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well of course the avatar of history is an old white guy. What other kind of person could it have been?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, why did his unaligned lower jaw switch directions...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

An insane mind posted:

Because he's looking the other way?
I don't know which way he's looking in in the second panel.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought a big part of their rally was to demonstrate that they can carry guns in public without any problems, and yet this cartoon doesn't show anyone carrying guns.

Also I thought the "large" would be the lead-in to some joke but I guess not.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian: Steve Bell's website:

If his face is a butt is his butt also a butt? Or is it a face?

Maybe only Trump knows.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's pretty drat easy to find out that they weren't saints, but I wouldn't expect that from the GOP in 100 billion years so this is an odd cartoon to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

You don’t think the GOP would throw the Founding Fathers under the bus to save Trump?
Hmm...I dunno. Aren't the FF their literal gods, or at least the gods of their constituents? Has Trump risen to that level yet?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have almost no connection with CNN. Do they actually do things to justify an I heart CNN pin or not?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno why I thought of it but I wonder what the ratio of whites to non-whites that get that cartoon is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah that action that Lester just came up with and attributed to his opponents sure is damning.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What the gently caress is this about?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Where's the cowboy hat?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Polling where they just ask people factual questions always interest me. After the people answer, do they tell them the actual correct answer or do they say "uh huh" and then leave them in their wrongness?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Great Metal Jesus posted:

Why does the Death Note universe president look like Trump and Pence did the fusion dance?
Seems pretty perceptive to me but it's not just Pence who has completely subsumed themselves into Trump's body and soul.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I hate this idea that doing something so they maybe don't get reelected is like killing them.

Edit: and the idea that senators can't get elected unless they have and endorsement from the president. The Senate is so utterly hosed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Korthal posted:

What???????
Well I mean, the 49ers are from her city and the right sees her as trying to invalidate Trump's win.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandpuppy posted:

Somebody's triggered.
I know that TDS really just means disagreeing with Trump about anything, but it's funny to see it applied to a former pillar of the party who made absolutely the most solemn condemnation of Trump that he could.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Katt posted:

It's 2003 and the silly Dems want a debate on the long term ramifications of invading Iraq.
Wow, so that umbrella is a metaphor for killing bazillions of people?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandpuppy posted:

What're the odds a guy named Chiefs would play for the Chiefs?
I hope Nancy knew from the beginning that No matter how slow, careful and deliberate her actions were in regards to the impeachment, she would still get portrayed as having impeached him on a whim in a whirlwind of impeachment madness. That's the kind of people we're dealing with here.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is this cartoon indicative of the attitudes that led to rules about excessive touchdown displays? I've sometimes wondered what the big deal was.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wtf is this?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
More money = don't need to deal with the rabble's problems. Isn't that true?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This makes me think about how dangerous a malevolent roadrunner would be. Reality would keep warping itself to keep him safe. Kind of like Trump. A good cartoon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Still though, it takes the common position that the GOP want to do the right thing, but can't because they're cowards. Just once, I'd like to see a cartoon where they are doing the same thing as Trump because it's what they want to do.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BrotherJayne posted:

Sorry, what evidence do we have that they've wanted to do the right thing?

Isn't like a big ticket news item any time one of them opt to do the right thing?
I dunno but the news and political cartoons and Dem politicians and everyone constantly gives them the benefit of the doubt and calls them a coward. It's like no one even considers the other possibility. Drives me nuts.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 16, 2020

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

there wolf posted:

Australia's goal is to kick all brown people out, and this impedes their long-term plan of including the native Australians.
How many are honest and are willing to publicly say "yeah we conquered Australia and the losers don't deserve to exist anymore"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Alhazred posted:

Context: Foreign fishing boats are using slave labor and are literally throwing people who makes too much fuzz overboard. The norwegian coastguard can't do anything about it because even though the boats are fishing in norwegian territories the boats themselves are considered foreign soil. All the the coastguard can do is control how much fish the boats are catching.
Too much fuzz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
And sexism.