Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

What's the story behind Trump taking away the NHS? I remember he said something dumb indicating that he wanted to, but how would that even work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The 2012 Republican primaries were great. It was a parade of idiots, each being the next THIS IS THE GUY followed quickly by their downfall as Republicans went through candidate after candidate searching for the not-Romney before they all settled finally on Romney.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Fathis Munk posted:

Also does anyone want to buy a loving iron dome mug, one of the things he's shilling for on his site.

Other side:

Kinda do want it but nah

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Bok forgot to update his copyright date.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What really bugs me is those aren't drop boxes, they're pick-up boxes.

Edit: I mean they're where the delivery person picks up outgoing packages.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

For now I vote Geralds or choose a different name every year or so based on one thing that stuck out that year, like Cum Pass.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Reminder that Trump signed pictures of murder victims for their parents.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I would love to know the specific context of this cartoon, if there is any. Like what was being debated or whatever. Because this is just crazy opposite-of-reality.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

galenanorth posted:

The Congressional Budget Office predicted an upcoming recession on January 1, 2013 due to a combination of austerity cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts (which do stimulate the economy, albeit 2/3 as much as spending while going mostly to the top). Unemployment would've peaked at 9.1%, by their reckoning. Republicans wouldn't budge on reversing the across-the-board indiscriminate cuts due on March 1, supposedly a "compromise" because the cuts were greater for the Department of Defense by percentage, as if that matters when it comes to chemotherapy being ended for thousands and affordable housing being slashed. So in 2012, Congress was debating a compromise involving temporarily suspending the spending cuts in exchange for permanently extending the Bush tax cuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/us/politics/senate-tax-deal-fiscal-cliff.html
https://theintercept.com/2019/06/24/joe-biden-tax-cuts-mitch-mconnell/

The "fiscal cliff" being the topic would explain the cliffs in the cartoon.

Pants Donkey posted:

It’s 2012 so probably the fight over the debt ceiling. They kicked the can to next year in 2012, but the fight began anew for that year.
Ah I forgot all about the "Fiscal Cliff," thanks. But to be fair it was like 50–60 years ago, right?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cat Mattress posted:

why did he pull up his trouser leg and is gesturing at his knee if he's talking about the housemaid's knee?
He's not asking them to check his housemaid's knee, he's asking them to check his housemaid's knee.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's Pro Bowl weekend no one is looking forward to that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My favorite classic Zyklon Ben was despite all his cartoons heaping praise at cops he clearly got a ticket and instantly did this cartoon

It’s literally an unironic Kelly. I think Drinky Duck did the same thing against the judge who gave him his DUI conviction :laffo:
I believe this is the first Kelly I ever saw.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

abigserve posted:

I think he thinks that democracy means electing a person who can then do whatever he wants until the next person is elected including preventing anyone else from being elected by any means available to him
The crazy thing is this is literally the very legal argument Dershowitz officially made to the United States Senate in the actual impeachment trial of the president.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm glad he labeled "John Bolton" and his "New Book" and then reiterated John has a new book and explained the pun in the dialogue and by showing the "BOLT/ZOOM" sound effects with the motion lines but how am I supposed to know what the donkeys represent???

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cowcaster posted:

maybe with it laying bare how venal the republicans supporting trump a few of the :decorum: democrats will wise up and see that instead of perpetually licking boot in the name of compromise
This will not happen.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Korthal posted:

What???????

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Eulogistics posted:

RE: Soviet themed attack ads... there were Soviet themed attack ads for Obama in 2012. Somewhere around here, I have this attack ad thats made out of quality cardstock of obama dressed like chairman mao and he's standing in front of a train filled with hungry children or some poo poo, I haven't looked at it in a while. I got a bunch of stuff like this in NoVA for the 2012 election, I'll see if I can find them and upload some.
This one?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

Two things happened.
Mitt Romney voted to convict Trump, and then killed Kirk Douglas.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alhazred posted:

So we're just going to forget that Trump refused to shake hands with Pelosi?

We're also going to forget Trump is everything they feared in a president and was impeached for committing a crime they would have considered egregious.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trump removing the guy he picked to be EU ambassador = "DRAINING THE SWAMP"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't think Pastis is a chud he's just getting old and growing out of touch. He's more like those comedians from the 90s that don't understand why college kids don't find their jokes using like gay stereotypes funny anymore and even perhaps *gasp* a tad offensive. Times and tastes have changed and they haven't, and they don't need to because they're rich and comfortable and that makes them think they must be great which means everyone else is wrong because too much money causes mental illness.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Polio vaccine, dipshit.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pants Donkey posted:

Too Many Obamas!

Garrison is insane and all, but check out how Trump is standing lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Capitalism cannot possibly lift the world out of poverty.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like that the dog is also angry.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

World Famous W posted:

You right, missed the general population part of that

EDIT: A spirit critter

I think it needs the SPITS

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Remember when Obama said there will never be any more jobs? That was unwise.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

He thinks he should pay more, but the tax laws are rigged so he doesn't, and he wants to change that, you utter buffoon.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Whoa :nws: that poo poo.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

OPEN THE FLU GATES

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I seem to remember there's some kind of famous story about a guy making wings and flying too high that really messes up this metaphor.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

HootTheOwl posted:

1.27 million abortions a year seems high to me.
Seeing that I cartoon I thought "How long have I been seeing that number?" Maybe it's my imagination but it feels like a number that has been around a long time.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

AGC

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

CuwiKhons posted:

They're shellfish, which has fish in the word, therefore
I've known some very generoush shrimp, thank you.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tinsley's probably going to keep getting paid as the creator even if he's not drawing it. Now he can just drink all day because he doesn't have to do all that research.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

How did he wind up with "poo-proganda" rather than "pro-poo-ganda"?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

there wolf posted:

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but has Doonesbury ever had this much of a delay-caused gaff? Has any other slightly narrative political cartoon that actually gives a drat?
I remember back when terrorists started cutting off hostage's heads Doonesbury had a Sunday with someone's head on a platter that some papers didn't run.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I read somewhere the Chinese created it to kill off their excess old people to bring down the population and it went too far.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gaybies Nomination Best Edit/Parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If only there were a particular senator we could criticize for inaction.