Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I just watched into the spiderverse for the first time. It's a very enjoyable and well written movie, but holy crap at those visuals. :suspense: Maybe it's the flu talking, but that was a trip.
That style they chose somehow allows everything to pop. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

My kid went through a spiderverse stage and I must have seen it 20 times and I never got sick of it. When Peter dies in the beginning it’s a real kick in the nuts.

Yes this. You expect him to get up or show up later, but nope he dead. Is he the first spider man death on screen?

Other stuff I loved as I slowly process this movie:
- Giant black hole kingpin. It helps them play around with how big and/or menacing or normal he really is.
- tubby/failure/ realistic Peter's arc
- Gwanda, a perfect setup for Gwen.
- Doc Ocks tentacles. The way they moved and bulged making them seem air powered or something. It made them feel more real somehow.
- Somewhat connected, another Spider-Man sort of dies and it's handled in a perfect manner considering the circumstances.

I'd say the worst part is the Prowler reveal, why exactly did he need to take off his mask? Sure it was his home but, he was searching his home minutes before.
The banter was perfect.
And like I said, the style somehow allowed so many other styles to coexist and allowed all of them to somehow pop and fit in.

Really a grown up animated movie.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 14, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That pipe is either high as a kite, really smug or giving me a bedroom look.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

PenguinKnight posted:

Can’t wait for the scene where Bambi’s mom gets shot and it cuts to an emotionless Bambi

I laughed way to hard at this.

So what useless new scenes are they going to add this time?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This year we're traveling to America and we're going to Disney world. However, as we were discussing it and how hype me and my wife were for going to the capitalist overabundance of Disney world we found that my 7yo son doesn't give a poo poo.

As we were talking about it, what's happening is that my son doesn't have much of a connection to Disney at all. This is actually something Disney is doing to itself.
The biggest more recent "Disney" movies were geared more towards girls than boys, with movies like Frozen, Vaiana etc. While Toy Story is more both genders he currently doesn't like Toy Story.
Most Marvel stuff wasn't really aimed for his age originally. Now that he is the age for it, none of it is on the biggest streaming service of the country (currently the only one I have) and kids these days don't watch TV. :shrug:
Starwars still technically isn't for his age yet (At least the advised age for the movies is a few years older still). Maybe Resistance, but the same thing applies. It's not on the streaming platforms and kids don't watch TV.
Yes we can buy toys but the surrounding media actually has a different age categories. But either way, the toys without the media don't build a connection.

So my wife and I have been pushing him to watch some Disney movies with us. We must brainwash him. Fortunately, my son recently came home with talks about having watched some Goof Troop at school. :psyduck: (Remember that?)

So last night we watched A Very Goofy Movie, which my wife bought on DVD ages ago.

Man, that's some 90s poo poo right there. And I mean that in a good way, it was an entertaining movie. Very standard plotting, but enjoyable enough with some humor. Amusingly, we caught my son red handed to lying to us so this movie making a big point out of the lies Max told was hilariously topical.
The most important thing at least was that my son thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the scenes with Giga Foot.

While watching it though the thing that stood out the most to me was the artstyle. Man, I missed those chaotically drawn lines.
Amusingly, after the movie my son noted that the art style was so weird compared to other stuff he watches. But he liked this as well, no preference on his side. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shadow Hog posted:

General consensus I've seen is that the Voodoo3 is generally considered the best one to go for, although the Voodoo5 is the strongest one on offer and the only one to offer 32-bit color and anti-aliasing, and also that some DOS programs only look for the original Voodoo, though you can trick them into using the Voodoo2 with a batch file setting some parameters. The Voodoo4 is just a weaker Voodoo5 and thus not really remarkable.

(Wait, wrong voodoo.)
I mean, you don't have to brainwash anyone, really...
Wow you really brought me back to the old computer days.

Boxman posted:

I'll save the serious Disneychat for the Disney World thread in travel, but I wouldn't stress about it. Remember that until recently, the Disney Vault (tm) policy meant that you couldn't freely get to a lot of these movies. Plenty of kids have ridden Dumbo without knowing what Timothy's name is. I'd wager more people have been through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in the last year than have seen the movie in that time span. There'll be some things that miss outright (as you noted,) but don't write off meeting characters. They really do have personalities, and you can get fun interactions with them. Double so for face characters.

Use the opportunity to get the kid to emotionally imprint on a park original, like the Jungle Cruise, the Tiki Room, or the Haunted Mansion.

Also, A Goofy Movie is way better than the sequel.

My wife is a big Disney fan and she managed to collect all the movies regardless of the vault policy. :) Although I don't think she has the Goofy movie sequel. I'm not sure if it was even released in Europe.

I'm not stressing, it's just an observation. And I'm obviously not going to force him to watch stuff he doesn't want.
It's wild that when we grew up there was a lot of Disney on TV and there really isn't that much of that on anymore. I mean there's some stuff, but that's not really the stuff you see in the parks.

Also thank for the heads up on the WDW thread. Going to check it out for more tips.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

remember that disney cartoon episode where one of the characters finds one of the other main character's(a cop) handgun and accidentally loving shoots her and nearly kills her because he was playing around with it like a toy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq3PMtbVzLo

man, gargoyles was good

I had forgotten that episode. Gargoyles did not mess around. It was occasionally fantastic.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This weekend we watched Wall-E with my son. He actually saw a piece of Wall-E earlier so he was eager to see the rest. I remember seeing it in the cinema myself and loving it.

Rewatching it, man, Wall-E is still a fantastic movie.
So much is conveyed with virtually no words, but just body language from barely human shaped robots.

While this did make the movie very hard for my son to follow, he did love the story, the setting and the humor. Even if he didn't understand the setting, but then it's a fun movie to talk about with him as he slowly pieces together why things are as they are and how they map back onto the current world.

I remember back when I first saw it, my suspension of disbelief broke when the live actors showed up. I didn't have this problem this time. Probably because I knew it was coming.

All in all, Wall-E to me is definitely a movie that's close to perfection.

We also watched the Burn-E short after, I'd never seen that, but I just love silly side stuff like that. Having someone have his own adventure that only occasionally intersects with the leads just amuses me to no end. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

IUG posted:

The best part about Burn-E is when you know which scenes match up with the movie, and then notice he pops up in the movie as well for those few frames.

I was wondering about that. :) That's neat.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shadow Hog posted:

Apparently the Sonic film is not-terrible. I mean, we're talking "64% and thus "Fresh" on Rotten Tomatoes" here, not "genuinely great", but it's honestly better than I was expecting it to fare with critics. Doesn't unseat Detective Pikachu at 69%, though.
It's getting the reception I expected it to get based on the trailers. Nothing spectacular. Just a perfectly fine movie that will be acceptable to the parents and fun for the kids. :shrug:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Here’s hoping it pops up on YouTube soon, but for now...

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1228363018855018497

E: here we go for YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYNGDUIBUhE

Looks fun enough. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Barudak posted:

The next film better be Shadow the Edgehog

Rated R for gun use.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

There’s a CGI Pokemon movie coming to Netflix in a week? And the first I heard about it is today?

I think that's the remake of the very first Pokemon movie you're referring to. That's probably also the reason.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Simpsons still relevant confirmed

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hawkperson posted:

An extremely dumb move not to make it ~the average price of a movie ticket (which according to google is roughly $10 nowadays). $20 is just highway robbery, gently caress that.

Do you tend to go to the movies alone? Or is that 10 bucks for everyone that comes along?

Because I don't know about you guys, but when I go to the movies I'm usually down € 27. $ 20 is a loving steal.

If anything, this just highlights how overpriced movie tickets are.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I recently rewatched Ice Age 2 with my son by his request. (his first time)

I liked Ice Age 2 when I first saw it, but watching it now...I don't think it's a very good movie.
It feels like it's just a series of short set pieces interrupted by Scrat.....Or maybe Scrat's journey interrupted by a series of set pieces of other animals. Somehow it's not really coherent I guess.
My son obviously loved it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Ice Age 2 was weird cause the romance with Manny and uh... queen latifa felt so forced. The argument on the teetering rocks was quite good though.

Ice Age 3 is even more unnecessary but the Australian weasel is fun
Considering the extinction angle they were going for, it feeling forced is probably intentional? The weirdest thing about that to me is how little the movie acknowledges Mannies dead family. Sid refers to it briefly and that's it.

The characters are always fun. In the second movie the Possum Brothers steal the show.

My son will probably want to see the third movie at some point as well. Watching this movie I'm not surprised the Ice Age franchise dried up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Now for something different:
So with the whole Covid stay at home thing kids here have been getting homeschooled. We have tried to make the environment and structure as close to what my son gets at school and that apparently includes watching a cartoon during lunch. I wish I had a teacher like that when I was young. :(
Anyway cartoons he has apparently seen/been watching with his teacher:
The Smurfs
Captain underpants
Archibald's Next Big Thing

I've grown pretty fond of Archibald's Next Big Thing actually.
It's all very happy and upbeat and tries to teach kids something while never really lingering on it or making an entire episode hinge on it.
It's very enjoyable and it's on Netflix. So if your kid is looking for something to watch, I recommend it. It's just a fun little Saturday morning cartoon.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

J-Spot posted:

HBO Max has released a trailer for their Looney Tunes revival. It's looking pretty nice.

The latest word is they’ll have the 4:3 versions sometime next month.

It doesn't have the sketchlike look, but other than that it's very close in spirit. Much closer than most other recent outings. Looks interesting.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Didn't one of the first 3d scooby movies use scrappy as a villain before? Why do they still do this

I think it's the result of the joke being taken too far. Scrappy is apparently disliked a lot, so the people who used to watch him growing up now always make him the bad guy. (I liked Scrappy)

It's like how after Hasbro bought Gobots most writers has the Transformers beat up the Gobots somewhere in the corner or throw away shots.

BioEnchanted posted:

I thought there were some dramatic moments that were kind of interesting like when Po's adoptive dad is comforting his bio-dad after Po finds out he lied to him and he's just like "Your sons mad at you, huh? I've been there." "But, I lied to him!" "I lied to Po for 20 years, you'll be fine."

I also liked Po's side of that where he builds the training dummy after giving up on the chi thing and basically stonewalls Tigress because he's too focused on how much poo poo he's going to be in due to feeling unprepared.

Having not seen KFP3, I really love all scenes with the dad in the previous 2 movies. They're depicted as just a healthy family despite being different. The adopted joke from KFP1 coming back up in later movies as not actually being a joke also never stops being funny to me.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They ARE awful. The bad guys all have the most obnoxious voices and those kids should be in bed, gosh darnit. Go to bed! How do you function the next morning being awake all night??

Easy, they're not old like we are.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I watched the Lego movie for the first time this weekend. Together with my son and wife and by God this is a good solid movie.

There's a fairly standard hero journey plot, but they go hogwild with shout outs and lego based weirdness in such a way that it feels fresh. The sheer amount of cameos and poking fun at itself and it's source material is amazing.

The soundtrack is technically good I guess, but it did feel a bit like everything is awesome (you're welcome) in different arrangements was the whole of the soundtrack.
I love the faux stop motion thing they go with for animation.

And that end twist works so well. I'd heard what it was beforehand, but it just works so well. My son didn't quite get everything that happened or the implications of it happening, but these past few days he keeps coming back to the movie fielding questions like. "Was the dad a bad guy?"
It really set his mind thinking and usually shortly after a deep talk about symbolism he veers back into retelling the solid jokes.

Lord and Miller are really amazing at making solid entertaining movies.

After watching this it also immediately becomes clear that a second movie wasn't going to be nearly as good as the first. I haven't seen that yet, but lack of chatter and impact just makes me fill that it didn't. Their only hope was to basically abandon the characters they had, but I know they didn't. I hope my Netflix adds it again soon so I can watch it.

They need to get Lord and Miller to make a new Naked Gun movie.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I like that Everything is Awesome isn't a celebration like it sounds - it's a desperate attempt to convince the people of Brickburg that *everything* is awesome, including the bad stuff, like this lyric: "Lost my job, a new opportunity, more free time for my awesome community!"

Yeah but that's the whole point of Emmetts life before he becomes the "chosen" one. He needs to do everything by the book and to the letter. He has no real identity, to the point of his Co workers even forgetting him. It's a dystopia hidden behind a veneer of awesome. It's something the kids won't pick up on, but the parents will. And someday the kids will realize it as well. It's what elevates the movie to be better than it is.

Benny's spaceship is also a brilliant payoff for the many times he dejectedly dismantled his previous attempts at building it. :smith:

There is definitely a sense of fullness (in a positive sense) in this movie in the same way as Spiderverse.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I know that that's the point, what I was saying was the the song adds that extra layer, because the audience likely won't be paying attention to the lyrics, more how the song is used. I didn't know the actual words until I looked up a lyric sheet, so I hadn't picked up on that aspect of the song.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't. I'm just praising that part of the movie as well.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Are we getting a Megaman movie? Finally a way to fill in the time skip from classic to X. All in on the grittyness!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny thing is that the plagiarism episode and Itchy and Scratchyland introduce two completely separate extended casts for Itchy and Scratchy... and it's the more recent one that had Ku Klux Klam. And Poochie was also made independently.

While obviously the writers aren't particularly interested in the history of a show within a show (within a show, given it's presented as a segment of the Krusty the Clown show) that famously doesn't bother with consistency, I like to think it reflects how carelessly the property is handled that they keep re-inventing the wheel with poorly thought out secondary characters rather than looking to their history for ideas they can repurpose. Reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog, actually.

Sonic Boom was really good though. My son recently finished the first season on Netflix so I caught a lot of episodes. Funny stuff, even if I'm not a fan of dumb Knuckles because I'm old. (despite the best lines being his)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

teagone posted:

Zero excuse for Noelle though. Completely tone-deaf of her to make indulge a tasteless joke about slavery in the current sociopolitical climate.

[edit] Reading more, it was apparently said when they (the crew and Noelle) were talking over portrait sketches of Bow's brothers. The joke being all Bow's brothers name rhymes with his, and one of them said "you know which of his brothers works in the fields? Sow." Prompting laughs I guess. Yikes.

If you don't mind, I'm going to call you out on your post. You first note that it's tonedeaf to make a tasteless joke, but after that you edit in that you read more on it with detail on what was said. This makes it seem like you were determined to be offended without even knowing what happened.

And honestly, the joke is ridiculous.
There's a guy who's name is bow and he wields a bow. Making a joke about how he has a brother named sow who works on the field is just a good joke. Had he been white everyone would've laughed their asses off. But because black you can't say that? Maybe we can't name Bow bow either, because who knows how many black slaves used to work in Bowyery for their rich owners.

It's not a joke made in bad faith, in the current climate it's possibly in bad taste but even then, this doesn't come across as racist at all.

We should be careful not to label every joke immediately as racist as before you know, you can't say anything.

Endorph posted:

Yeah it's a bunch of mildly questionable things being taken out of context to stir up drama. Like guy probably should have made sure the crew were cool with him saying it before dropping the podcast's name but its not like he can't say it if he wants to promote it. 'desperate house-dwords' is a weird line of logic for someone to have to suss out just to google a podcast.

And the farmer joke was kinda rough but you can obviously see how it happened with the context of the rhyming names joke. What rhymes with bow? Sow? Farmer. It's clearly not any kind of joke thats actually based on his race, they just didn't think about implications.

Apologize for it, sure, and tbh it's strange that a livestream about a chidlren's cartoon would reference a podcast called 'Desperate Housedykes,' but I don't think it's any indication anyone involved is a bad person or anything. 'Outing themselves as homophobic racists' is a ludicrous take in this context.

I very much agree with this.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I know this has been said before, but it was a mistake to cut the songs. I rewatched the animated Multan recently and those are some great songs, if anything they should have added more songs.

I'll make a man out of you!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I really would like to know whose idea was to make qi in the new Mulan a thing "only for warriors (boys) and girls cannot wield it"

As you know, girls are icky unwanted abominations, so it only makes sense that they don’t have the natural energy that pervades all other living things. Unless they’re as strong as a man that is.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

If anything, giving Mulan superpowers weakens her whole character. Part of her arc is that, in order to save her father from certain death in the frontlines, she's taking his place despite the risk of being discovered AND the fact that she has no idea how to be a soldier, or even convincingly pretend to be male. It was cool! I mean, she didn't fit in the mold that her society had for her, but that doesn't automatically mean that she's going to know her way around the male role.

I have not seen this movie, but this does honestly read like feminism gone bad.
Where they confuse powering up a woman and saying, "woman strong, men follow" with actually providing a proper story of growth and then making her awesome. A bit like Rey actually.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

I tried to be polite about this a while ago since you're... REALLY not allowed to directly crap on any DisneyMarvelwars directors who are in any kind of marginalized group, but

I really don't think Niki Caro was hired for her talent or because anybody on planet Earth thought she was a good fit for this; I think she was hired because the general theme of her filmography is "movies for insufferable Karens" and Mulan was being very specifically positioned in the West as a movie for insufferable Karens.

Shockingly, you can't really be honest about Chinese culture while making some Karen-rear end bullshit.
Can I get some context here? What does Karen-rear end bullshit mean? Who is Karen?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

no, it's not "feminism gone bad". It's taking a historical tale with an emphasis on how (1) women can work, and in fact excel, in male-dominated spaces and (2) if you train hard enough, using your intelligence and experience can assist and make you good at what you do. The 2020 Mulan eschews all that and gives her The Force.

The comparison with Rey is not correct because there was no historical context for Rey. If you complain that Rey is too powerful, then Luke, who had no training, deserves the same criticism. The criticism is placing the "hated powerful protagonist" trope onto a story which culturally does not have any such trapping and making it much worse for it.
I think we agree on everything except the Rey vs Luke part. But this is not the place for that.

Everything else is a more eloquent and accurate way of saying what I said. It's a shame, because I was really hoping Mulan was going to be good. I loved the original Mulan.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

My cynical hot take: The one reason I think this might not happen is because there's financial incentive to be culturally authentic based on the performance of past films.

Coco: They people making it made an effort to learn about and accurately portray the culture it was depicting, critics and audiences alike loved it, it made a lot of money.

Moana: They people making it made an effort to learn about and accurately portray the culture it was depicting, critics and audiences alike loved it, it made a lot of money.

Live action Mulan: They people making it don't even try to learn about the culture they were depicting, critics and audiences hate it, it is unlikely to make very much money.

Also, speaking of Moana, what are the odds that The Rock plays the live action Mr. Bubbles? Because I would actually enjoy that.

Critics hate it seems a bit of an overstatement. It's currently at 75% fresh at rotten tomatoes and 67 at Metacritic, so it seems a fair amount of (non Asian) critics did in fact like it. Audience reaction however has been more negative.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I am really surprised most critics like it, but serves me right for mouthing off before checking the more mainstream sites.

But really, what matters most to Disney is "Does it make money?" so, if it does, then lower your expectations for all future live action movies now.

Yeah and ultimately the critics opinion has 0 bearing as all Michael Bay movies show time and time again.

None of the animated movies really had outstanding reviews but (I think) they still made bank. I’m hoping this one breaks the trend. It’s all just so lazily done.
But as far as I know Mulan Isn’t that popular a brand, so this one might fail.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

I audibly sighed when I read this.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nearly-onethird-of-us-households-purchased-mulan-on-disney-for-30-fee-data-221410961.html

Mulan, despite the outrage over it, has done VERY well for Disney.

Paraphrasing from the link:

29% of US households that have Disney+ purchased it through September 12th which surpassed all over titles on the platform (even though there's no additional cost to them).

Currently, Disney+ has over 60 million global subscribers. Assuming that the Us makes up 50% of that, then roughly 9 million people bought Mulan (29% of the estimated 30 million). At $30 for each person, Disney's made about $261,000,000 just to be conservative about it. And they get to keep all of it and not share it with theaters.

Downloads of Disney+ spiked 68% from Friday (Sep 4) through Sunday (Sep 6) compared to the previous weekend. Spending in the app spiked 193% (this might be attributed to people buying Mulan for that one-time $30 fee).

Disney hasn't provided any official numbers but last Wednesday, their CFO Christine McCarthy says they're very pleased with what they've seen so far.

There's a very, very high chance that Soul and Black Widow will be D+ only now.

TL,DR: Mulan is doing incredibly well. No one cares about the racism or the poo poo story or fight scenes. Live action remakes will definitely live on probably forever. Soul (and Black Widow) will probably be D+ only because they got a lot of money.

I don't know why but I'm very disappointed right now but I also don't know what I expected since every single live action Disney remake has made shitloads of money no matter how much people complain. It's probably due to the complaints.

And the fact that it's Disney.

We never had any chance against Disney's massive qi.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

It'll probably be out a few months after launch for free just like Mulan will in December for all who already have D+.

But only boy corporations have qi.

(it makes just as much sense as "only men have qi" so I'm rolling with it)

EDIT: Just got sent a conspiracy theory link by a friend who is 100% believing that Mulan doing well is "100% the fault of the Chinese government to spread pro-Chinese propaganda"...by getting their own history wrong and being racist to it's own people??

I don't understand conspiracy theories. Or my friends.

Well, I'm not Asian so I'm no expert, but maybe boys don't have qi and they get it during puberty? So only men can have it.

Also, I'm sorry you need new friends.

ungulateman posted:

if you change two letters in 'mulan' you get 'wuhan'!!! coincidence??? i think not!!!
:trumppop:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like Yahoo! got the math wrong for this!

https://twitter.com/Brian_7Park/status/1307341788492050432

According to the corrected math, Mulan only made about $60-$90 million, not the originally reported $291 million.

[url]https://www.ign.com/articles/did-mulans-vod-sales-beat-tenets-global-box-office/url]

This makes sense now because Black Widow won't be going to D+ but will be moved to May 7, 2021. Shang-Chi was moved from May 7 to July 9, 2021 and Eternals from February 12, 2021 to November 5, 2021.

Soul is still scheduled for Thanksgiving Day 2020 for theaters only.

There might be hope if Mulan made so little.

This makes me oddly happy. Let’s just hope that if it fails Disney:
A: doesn’t blame Mulan the story
B: blame Asians

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
But will James Earl Jones still be voicing Mufasa. :ohdear:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I liked it well enough I guess. Comedy Style is pretty good.
Art style....it’s the way things currently are. I just find it flat and a little lifeless. I think I miss smudges in a lot of their movements.
There’s also a lack of shading, which combined with the bright colors makes it a little jarring.

But Pinky and the Brain is also coming back. So that’s great. There’s no way it will live up to the memories.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pick posted:

I never really liked it as a kid for whatever reason.

Probably because it’s not very funny?
I mostly remember Animaniacs for a few of their spoofs (like the StarWars one) and a handful of fragments (like chess with death and the countries of the world). But mostly I remember it because of Pinky and the Brain.
I’d say 90% of the series isn’t funny to me, but the parts that are funny, were really funny to kid me.

I had no idea they had 99 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Gotta say, there's a lot of Meet the Robinsons hate in this thread, and I won't stand for it. It's cute! It's a fun movie! It's very briefly got Tom Selleck!

Ralph Breaks the Internet is loving awful though. It's honestly kind of impressive how bad it is in so many different ways - as a poorly thought-out sequel to a really good movie, as a lame Emoji Movie ripoff that's super desperate to be relevant, and as a blatant Disney self-suck where you get to celebrate how awesome it is that one company owns everything you enjoy!

I enjoyed Meet the Robinsons as well. The worst I can say about it, is that’s it’s a very okay movie. It’s not great, it’s bad, you’ll watch it, enjoy it and never think about it again.