Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think future people would probably still understand the concept of fiction tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mine was either Rise of Skywalker or 1917. Whichever one of those was more recent. Pretty decent way to end it either way.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't Independence Day have to do without the involvement and endorsement of the US military because the Pentagon asked that they remove the references to Area 51 from the film and they refused?

Also, Hercules was fun, but I remember them killing Hades at the end and that just makes no loving sense. I could be mistaken.

He’s pushed into the River Styx and a bunch of angry souls pull him under. So he’s not necessarily dead, just not having a great time

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, because I saw it in the theater when I was thirteen and I knew enough about Greek mythology that I was really annoyed that it appeared they just killed the bad guy at the end.

I'm starting to realize that I've seen most Disney films just the once when I was a kid and never again, so I have a really bizarre memory of most of them.

Yeah if he were human it would definitely be a death but since he’s a god I think it was supposed to just show that he’s trapped

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just don't see how he can blame the virus for the failure of a streaming service. The virus is the best thing to happen to streaming in its history.

The idea as I understand it is that each episode is like 10 minutes long so they’re meant to be watched while you’re on the go, like you’re sitting in a waiting room somewhere or killing the last few minutes of your lunch break or something. So the fact that other streaming services are doing great is the issue, instead of being busy and having 10 minutes here and there to watch something, everyone’s sitting at home binge watching actual shows for hours

I mean quibi wasn’t ever going to be a hit regardless but yeah the shutdown didn’t help

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

I don't know if this is a controversial opinion or not, but I liked the Coens' remake of True Grit better than the original.

Same here and we’re definitely not the only ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I really loved Extraction, it was a John Wick knockoff but a really well-executed one. It was directed by the stunt coordinator for some of the better MCU movies and I now firmly believe that every action movie should be directed by a stunt coordinator.