Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cats was poo poo but I'll be damned if I haven't had that Magical Mr. Mistoffelees song in my head for the past week :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Serenity was a wild ride and I laughed through the entire last third or so.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, I just checked Fandango to see what's playing and The Grudge remake is out already? lol, there's been like barely any marketing for that

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alan Smithee posted:

all thanks to Moviepass for letting me watch trash for pennies on the dollar
A thing I left behind in the last decade: MoviePass

I've had AMC Stubs A-List for a year and a few months now and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I'd recommend it to everyone who got burned by MoviePass and even those who didn't but like seeing movies in theaters.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cinemascore is a thing I'd never heard of until the last few years when I heard a conversation in CD treating it like the end-all be-all rating thing. I definitely don't buy that if some incredible movies have gotten F ratings. But then again, this:

Maxwell Lord posted:

On the other hand I've not heard anything good about the Grudge remake.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CelticPredator posted:

Tron Legacy in IMAX 3D
Yeah this. Gravity was good, but this is probably my absolute favorite.

Also Black Christmas was godawful and I'm glad it bombed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

McCloud posted:

wtf is quibi

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have AMC A-List but it's definitely still worth going to arthouses for movies that AMC's not gonna pick up.

Like I saw Mandy at a local arthouse, and I'm glad I did because that movie loving ruled and AMC never showed it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is "The Fast Saga" meant to distinguish the main movies from "Fast & Furious Presents" Hobbs & Shaw?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yikes

I've been seeing the trailer for The Rhythm Section in theaters for months, but I guess either no one paid attention or no one cared.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bad Boys for Life was...actually pretty fun? Like I was expecting it to be inferior to the first 2 but it somehow managed to be as entertaining as them. Turns out this one didn't need Michael Bay directing to make it crazy after all.

It was directed by "Adil & Bilall" and I guess this is their US theatrical debut. I wouldn't mind seeing more from them.

Also:

Julius CSAR posted:

Hamilton sucks poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

VoodooXT posted:

I’m not alone in thinking Bad Boys for Life was just Gemini Man but good, right?
No, I thought the same thing after the reveal hahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1225215979073961987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol

I'm going to see it tonight. Expectations are low.

e: I saw it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Fvsgv0bYw

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 15, 2020

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I just got out of seeing it for the second time and you're an insane person

Like, unless you just utterly cannot stand Robbie as Harley or get thrown off by the anachronic order (which admittedly did make it a little hard to follow the first time), I can't think of anything to dislike
It's pretty loving boring and nothing about it hooked me. I like Robbie, but yeah. It's not that good a movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How is it gonna start shooting with no director? :thunk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So is like nothing coming out in theaters for months now? If so, that's a huge bummer.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Christian movie I Still Believe is set to open tomorrow. I've seen two ads for it on TV this week.
I'd rather get coronavirus

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

Also AMC has announced a new policy where they are going to cut maximum attendance for their theaters by half.
My local indie theaters are doing this too. Seems reasonable to do that if they're gonna stay open, but I wonder what people are even gonna be going to see. I Still Believe? Because I doubt people will be lining up to see The Hunt or Bloodshot, especially while a lot of people are self-quarantining.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DC Murderverse posted:

So, if the initial predictions come to pass, this will be the lowest grossing weekend total for the entire theatrical box office since September 11-13, 1998 (that is not a typo, i do not mean 2001, the weekend after 9/11 still grossed more than this weekend).

For reference, this is what the box office looked like that weekend:

Yikes. I read an article earlier that said the film industry stands to lose $20 billion because of coronavirus, and I guess that's accurate if we're already doing worse than 9/11 weekend.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Turns out that it doesn't matter if movies get delayed because now theaters are just straight up being closed down. SF, LA and the tri-state New York area have all shut down their movie theaters.
Same here in Louisiana effective at midnight and going through April 13th.

Sorry, film industry :smithicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Black Widow delayed.
Studios can't just put their upcoming movies on VOD like The Invisible Man/The Hunt/Emma/Birds of Prey? Those are costing $20, so it seems like they would make more money from that than a ticket sold in theaters. Plus a shitton of people are stuck at home and looking for something to do, so it seems like there would be a huge market for this. But maybe I'm wrong?

Maybe movies without a theatrical release are disqualified from being nominated for an Oscar or something?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thanks, AMC :unsmith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/virtuaIvirgo/status/1239825095918583808

:argh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mine was the Impractical Jokers movie :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Mine was either Rise of Skywalker or 1917. Whichever one of those was more recent. Pretty decent way to end it either way.
Well, if it was 1917 it was.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also i learned today that they not only greenlit but made a third Riddick???? What???? Talk about a stealth film..
I can't even remember if I've seen it or not!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Please don't die AMC :ohdear:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Homeybeef posted:

Between Moviepass and A-List, I haven't paid for my own movie ticket (aside from special screenings) for 2 and half years. If AMC goes under or cancels A-List, just cancel all of the movies because I don't want to go anymore.

GrandpaPants posted:

I'd really miss A-List, even though I find myself irritated by the actual theater experience most of the time, but it did give me a real easy way to watch such generation defining movies like Parasite, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, and Men in Black: International.
Seriously. I've had MoviePass and then A-List for years now and those have given me a reason to go to the theater more and check out things I might otherwise not have given a chance. If I lose A-List, I'm gonna be going to theaters significantly less and that bums me out because it's been an almost weekly tradition for me to go on Thursday night to see a new movie for a while now :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1255263760291368967

This is one weird rear end year

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I swear to god if I can't use A-List anymore :argh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

May the 5th episode be with you (Empire Strikes Back, AKA the best in the series, no I will not be taking any questions about this)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

Please explain.

https://twitter.com/joshuatrank/status/1259872337429585921

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cooked Auto posted:

To add to that:
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1263171731801419781

Someone must be really desperate to spend 30 million for all this.
lmao

What a hilariously idiotic waste of money

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MacheteZombie posted:

It feels weird being one of the few people who thoroughly enjoyed Hateful 8.
I did too v:shobon:v

I saw the Roadshow version in theaters and enjoyed the whole presentation as well as the movie itself.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm rewatching Hateful Eight on Netflix because of this thread and I'm at the part where Jennifer Jason Leigh plays guitar, and oh god, I totally forgot it was an actual period-authentic guitar that gets destroyed in this movie :ohdear:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IShallRiseAgain posted:

is any theater going to be open to actually screen it though?
There's one single-screen non-chain theater in my area that's open at 25% capacity and another non-chain theater opened this weekend, also at 25% capacity.

Unless the chains open, it's not going to make any money. Hell, even with the chains open, it probably wouldn't. Lots of people (including me) don't want to go out to movies during a pandemic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1273786146292629504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

As someone who watched Bloodshot, don't watch Bloodshot.