Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

PantherWill posted:

Gonna go with...

HM: Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara, AEW Revolution, 2/29
HM: PAC vs Orange Cassidy, AEW Revolution, 2/29
HM: Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon Moxley vs Chris Jericho, AEW Revolution, 2/29
MOTYC: Hangman Page and Kenny Omega vs The Young Bucks, AEW Revolution, 2/29

Nth all of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Nyla Rose (C) vs. Hikaru Shida for the AEW Women's Title - AEW Double or Nothing 2020 5/23

It didn't quite live up to Nyla/Riho II but that's not an indictment. Great match, both women looked great and the match was a delight.

Nth. Also really looking forward to a rematch.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Brodie Lee vs. Jon Moxley, AEW Double or Nothing, 23/05

Was borderline but the ending pushed it over the top. Both men looked like beasts here.

Yeah finish popped this to MOTYC for me. Nth!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: The Stadium Stampede Match - AEW Double or Nothing 5/23

What a ridiculous, stupid, over-the-top, nonsensical, beautiful, glorious, delightful match. It's almost worth nominating for the Matt Hardy Pool of Reincarnation stuff alone :hellyeah:

NTH NTH NTH NTH NTH

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC Shingo Takagi vs SHO NJPW Dominion

What a goddamn war.

Nth!!!!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

Yeah you know what?

WMOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. EVIL, NJPW Dominion, 12/07

Yeah ngl I initially rolled my eyes at this but the more I reflect on this match the more I feel the need to Nth this.

It was nothing. It was 40 minutes of loving nothing. It had a handful of things that amused me, yes, but that doesn't really make up for the bulk of the match just being a big waste of time.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

A match that starts with the babyface pounding his former friend's face into a table, has a table spot so good that the ref warning off the heel causes the crowd to explode in applause, featurs two sets of run ins and a reveal (on top of the usual big moves and near falls) apparently was "loving nothing." OK.

It was a boring, overlong match whose small amount of high points (one of which involved two people not even in the drat match) did nothing to make up for the loving snooze-worthy timesink that made up a good chunk of it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Elite vs. Alex Reynolds/John Silver/Alan Angels, AEW Dynamite, 23/08

Might be the booze talking but gently caress it

I'll be your designated driver equivalent and nth~

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Cody (C) vs. Mr. Brodie Lee for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite 8/22

Perfection. Just utter perfection.

Yup

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

also going to make sure that anyone who reads this thread and sees the posts but hasnt seen the match also knows - the postmatch for Cody vs. Mr. Brodie was absolutely incredible too. Segment of the year candidate

Yeah would it be possible to denote "plus postmatch" on the list itself just for posterity. I stand by my MOTYC before that even get kicked in but anyone who goes back and watches the match absolutely should watch that too.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

HM: Big Swole vs. Britt Baker, AEW All Out, 05/09

loving ridiculous

Nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC Hikaru Shida vs. Thunder Rosa - All Out 2020 - 9/5/2000 - Holy loving poo poo. What a loving match.

Nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

I've been convinced

Nth

At 3 matches that qualified and a 4th that had multiple votes, All Out had more WMOTYs than any other AEW event in its existence. With Full Gear two months away they have a chance to make up for it soon though!

lol 2 of the qualifiers ended up in HM or MOTY

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

karmicknight posted:

HM: AEW Dynamite 9/16: FTR vs. Jurassic Express

Nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

HM: Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy, 10/21 AEW Dynamite

Nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ICR posted:

MOTYC: Fenix vs. Penta Dynamite 10/21

It’s not even done and it’s one of the best matches I’ve seen on TV. I am enthralled like no other.

Easy loving nth holy poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr - AEW Dynamite 10/28

I went in with the highest of expectations and it exceeded all of them.

yup!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Adam Page, AEW Full Gear, 07/11

Felt it could have been even better also

Nth'd to gently caress

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Senerio posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy vs John Silver

Second best comedy match of the day. Distant second, but still very good.

Nth for the pocket rip alone (still a good as hell match regardless tho)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Testekill posted:

HM: Elite Deletion, AEW Full Gear 11/7

Is it a good match? No but it was a very fun ride.

Nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

HM: Brian Cage vs. Matt Sydal, AEW Dynamite 11/11

feel like im in here every Wednesday night posting "drat what a killer opener" :thunk: the last 2 minutes or so of this was especially great

I'll second this

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 12/2

extremely fun match but not actually a MOTYC contender by any means given all the weird angle poo poo, the picture in picture killing the heat, and some awkward timing botches. honestly, this was exactly the right match to have on free TV, and much better than if they'd tried earnestly to do a PPV MOTYC type match. save that for later and instead get a ton of heat off a weird fucky finish, I had a blast

I'll HM this myself entirely due to the PiP. I know there's not really anything they can do about it but it just took me out each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Laredo Kid, AAA TripleMania, 12/12/2020

Nth