Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

source, also kiss me i want to taste weed better

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Main Paineframe posted:

Love Me For Who I Am/Fukakai na Boku no Subete o is real good and i'm glad i learned about it by reading this thread

as someone who's been feeling lately like maybe i'm not so binary after all, it has been a really constructive and positive read

sorry i just lurked and never posted with y'all

My goal is to be the big sister* one day, cooking, being trans, and helping kids with gender stuff. +ing the rec.

* or the club owner in shinigami tasogare which shares a vibe imo

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Rody One Half posted:

There's exactly zero chance I ever would have tried Witch's Servant without this thread.

Also this! I was like 1/3rd of the way reading the back catalogue and all else aside I like this thread's collective taste in anime.

To counterbalance multiple white noise posts, any thoughts on Kon in general and Hana from Tokyo Godfathers in particular?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

She Likes Gays but not me was a ride but I think it's a pretty prototypical "learn to support others in the community" story that seems to be a common theme in LGBT recentish Manga. 6/10, got me back into Queen.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Carpator Diei posted:

This might've been the funniest chapter of the whole manga yet. I'm really glad that the queer-as-hell relationship stuff has for all intents and purposes become the main plot while the demons-and-monsters part is mostly background worldbuilding (and the worldbuilding is really interesting, too: Everything is set up very fantasy-like, with kingdoms and dragon-hunting tribes and apparently no real police forces or centralized authority; but the buildings and clothes look distinctly modern, and the prequel manga revealed that cars exist).

Really hoping the romantic triangle resolves itself into a polycule because this is the manga to do it well.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trans rights ghost principal is my band name so I'm glad they didn't steal it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

welp, ya'll convinced me to give it a go

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

🥚

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I Am Fowl posted:

I think someone in this thread mentioned they accomplish this by phoning a cousin in Ireland and feeding the script through them to Irish-ify it.

That was in the translators notes at the end of a chapter iirc

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It seems like people are latching onto the worst possible interpretation and universalizing it to thousands of people who use it innoculously. It's pretty lovely to then turn around and snark at Watermelon D for using a massively popular term because you know a few... bad... eggs... (sorry)

Anyway wasn't the egg in Utena a metaphor for breaking out of heteronormativity? That's how I always read it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm p sure t-man was talking solely about Xun up there mentioning me

This is correct, apologies for any miscommunication.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SNATCHER but metal gear is in trans pride colors

(that's the only MGS-related thing I have ever understood)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

RottenK posted:

i thought clowns still used pies

fujoshi get some weird hate from online lefties sometimes but i never undestood it

i cant speak for other gays, but people who are into yaoi are at worst not any worse than people who are not, and are probably more likely to not hate me for who I am, even if they sometimes have some weird ideas about how gay people live and interact with each other

I think it's the same thing as the term egg - the bad examples, when you have first hand experience of them being bad, tend to be the most memorable.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wark Say posted:

I would read this.

:same:

Any good recs for sci-fi lgbt anime?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good suggestions all, but I think a reread of YKK is the kinda vibe I'm in the mood for. I want to be a far future robot lady.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm a girl and I also like girls.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

neo kobe pizza

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

witches servant updated, king bull is on his bullshit again

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

king bull develops an existence fetish, goes off to join the Horny Monks.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

:siren: witch's servant updated again :siren: :sueme:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i love girls so much i became one :smugdroid:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Acerbatus posted:

I get it's probably a joke, I just think quoting random terf catchphrases is a weird one.

*sigh*

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Well, in any case I apologize if my joke was off-color. i assure you t-man was a juvenile attempt to fit a gender and a name that no longer fits me, but i'll be damned if I change handles after nearly two decades

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

There's Kyou Kara Yonshimai, where the trans character is revealed to have a girlfriend. Just, uh, be prepared for angst and cis nonsense

there's also the childhood friend yuri 4koma that got expanded out. short but sweet

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/childhood_friend_yuri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it's been a while since i read double house, but big :same: to maho, where you're a few years into your transition but it wasn't a magic cure all for your life. relatable content for something made a few years after my birth