Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The new thing at the top of the sub-forum index showing the mods/IKs is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Ariong posted:

Agreed, especially nice since before there wasn't a way to tell who was assigned to moderate a sub-subforum (like, say, the MMO HMO or CSPAM) without I guess PMing a mod or admin and asking.

Holy poo poo now the page links on the bookmarked threads page has changed, this is amazing thanks person who is doing this stuff (I think it's Jeffrey of YOSPOS).

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It is although that one was my suggestion :buddy:

Which I immediately briefly regretted after seeing just how long all the PYF threads really are. Ignorance was bliss.

It's a good idea, and don't forget to factor in pun chains when you're trying to decide how to feel about thread length.

e: and other assorted dead horse beating as is the way of things
more like oldhorseless

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 14, 2020

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's actually part of the reason I fold my arms and glare whenever one of my co-mods suggests rebooting one. A lot of times checking my own post history in a thread is useful for finding stuff I know I found notable in the past.

Also I just hate most change.

Yes exactly, every time a new version of a thread is made I think "great now I'll have to remember which iteration of the thread did a still relevant thing happen".

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

That sucked and I was bummed out when it happened, the boobs and butts threads were not necessarily a good thing but it was fun posting Mann Gegen Mann by Rammstein in the butts thread.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah Ruddha was cool.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

e:fb

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Speaking of that, does anyone know where can you find the list of most ignored users? I meant to ask the other day when the guy who broke the forums with his giant ignore list was brought up again.

Click on the "posting gloryhole" link next to the Leper's colony.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

oldpainless posted:

To clarify, I don’t have a sad life or anything

oh so now you're gloating mr. happy life

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah that is a part of old GBS that I miss too.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The post and reply buttons being "list" and "append" is cracking me up but that may also be that I just got out of bed.
e: and how the edit button is "revise" and the users browsing the forum thingy being customized.

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 16, 2020

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Heath posted:

Does anybody know the original image used for the :blessed: emote? I'm not sure where else to ask

If you don't get an answer here there is also the Lost SA Stuff thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257
or the thread about smilies - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I enjoy non-fiction.

e: and PHIZ KALIFA posts

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Oh yeah? Go outside then.

I will geez, gotta let my chickens out in a couple hours.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Oh yeah? Go outside then.

I went outside :toot:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

bird churning

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Inceltown posted:

I just :corsair:ed the gently caress out of myself.

Yeah I still don't know what's going on.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

There is enough "drama" on the forums that happens naturally without having to manufacture more.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The way these crows are clearly able to understand the puzzles blows my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I think it's cool that black plumage is often iridescent.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Uh. Ok.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

If there were no threats against elected officials I would consider that progress.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

e: nvm

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

old1337less

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

This wouldn't have happened if instead of having a separate mental health thread in TFR they stickied a link to the thread in c-spam. I'm mostly kidding though.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In hindsight, something probably should've been done about the people so adamantly defending their right to say a slur then and there instead of letting it lay for several years more.

Yeah that is how hindsight works, congratulations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Too late I'm already dead inside

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I keep forgetting to take a picture of my chickens to post in the traveling kitty sixer thread. :(

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The president can jeopardize your safety and you have to say "thank you sir may I have another".

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Charles posted:

I've fed chicken dog treats to crows. Is that wrong? Also I noticed people feed their chickens egg shells? Isn't that...auto-cannibalism?

It is good for the chickens it helps them get the calcium they need to make more eggs.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Rando posted:

You may be thrilled to learn that this critical question is already solved!

Tell me, do you have the same trouble separating action from physical disease? Do you wonder if the deaf person that didn't hear the speeding car could be responsible for her own death because how could we ever know if her deafness is the reason she didn't notice the danger.

If you saw a limbless man squirming on the floor would you think "how could anyone know why he doesn't stand up"?

PS, and tell everyone you know: mental disease IS physical disease. The brain is made of meat, not starlight and dreams.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Bees on a swing set with fire.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I get the feeling we might be conflating two or three different creeps here.

You might say that memories of those different people are creeping together.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

that's, non-ironically, a large chunk of what harm reduction is. it's not just educating people on how to do drugs properly, it's also educating people on what the drugs will do to them (both short and long-term) and having a resource like TCC, that's basically a huge trove of firsthand accounts of how heroin/meth/coke/benzos have hosed people up, is genuinely valuable

Wisdom

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Taking fexofenadine every day seems like a good idea to me considering my nasal allergies. Sorry squares.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Wasn't Shrek full of the meant for each other happily ever after stuff? Two green beings who are the only green beings. What am I even doing I don't know what I'm talking about I am losing my brains.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Some sort of small pastry derail.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Like it is hot.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

When the meltdown's in May ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
When the mods try to get at you
Post it like it's hot
Post it like it's hot
Post it like it's hot
And if a Goon get a attitude
Probe it like it's hot
Probe it like it's hot
Probe it like it's hot
I got the PMs on my plat and I'm clicking on the "MODS?!"
And I :f5: all night long 'cause I don't got it going on.

Thank you for this very good post I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Quick you'd better jaywalk or something similar.