Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MarcusSA posted:

Plus maybe once in a lifetime family reunion.

I really don’t think them having the family travel together is the wrong choice.

If they had said she couldn’t go for any other reason then absolutely but I’m not gonna call them TA for having the kid go with them for a wedding and family reunion.

hi i had an experience almost identical to that kid and i am here to tell you to go gently caress yourself and that the op is 100% the rear end in a top hat.

the loving horse poo poo romanticism about how important ~*~family~*~ is is an extremely toxic aspect of our society and forcing your kid to miss out on an awesome, once in a lifetime experience to hang out with a bunch of people they don't know well or at all and who they may very well not get along with is some hot fuckin garbage, always, in every single situation.

also her parents literally told her she could go on that trip two loving years before it was set to take place, she was psyched for it since the 6th goddamn grade. i am loving blown away that there exists anyone on earth who cannot see that the op is a gigantic loving rear end in a top hat.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lord Ludikrous posted:

The best part is OP has basically parented herself into a corner. Her son is coming up soon for the same trip. If her son gets to go on the trip Mallory will resent her even more than she already does, and will likely resent her brother as well. If she doesn’t let her son go on the trip, he will resent both her and his sister for something that isn’t his fault.

As far as parenting gently caress ups go this is quite spectacular.

the actual best part is that even if this wedding and reunion had taken place this would all still be true. absolutely nothing is more miserable than being at a wedding as a young teenager and then, later, a family reunion, with a bunch of people you don't know and potentially do not at all get along with, while knowing that your friends are having the time of their lives together somewhere else.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For asking my GF to pay for a new prosthesis?

gf is fuckin psychotic

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You actually believe ProJared!? What the gently caress is wrong with you??? Dudes an abusive piece of poo poo who sent dick pics to minors for fucks sake

re-read that post, that's absolutely not what they are saying dawg. they are saying they don't believe holly, ie the girl projared left his wife for and is still with.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Miss posted:

My fiancée has been talking to my NC family behind my back

it kinda doesn't matter if her sisters are sincere in their remorse, going behind her back and talking to them without her express permission is extremely hosed in this situation and she should run far the gently caress away right now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PetraCore posted:

Yes, but I think keeping interrupting his sleep is probably going to lead to more messes when he puts beer in the freezer out of habit because he's not thinking straight. I'm not saying it doesn't suck for her and I think it's unfair for her to keep having to clean up a stupid, preventable mess, but punishing him in a way that leads to the same problem isn't the best solution.

Hell, get him a cooler and pour gas station ice in it and have that be his stupid beer freezer so when it makes a mess he's the one who deals with it while the freezer itself is fine.

speaking as someone who has been working overnights for the past two years, if i was repeatedly doing something as stupid as leaving beers in the freezer so they could explode and make a giant mess of everything, i'd fuckin deserve to get woken up to take care of my idiot mess that i made

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DemoneeHo posted:

(28/M)My girlfriend(26/F) broke my PS4 and doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I don't really know where to go from here.

UPDATE- (28/M)My girlfriend(26/F) broke my PS4 and doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I don't really know where to go from here.

social media has destroyed society

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

AITA for moving my [26m] girlfriend’s [24f] doll out of our bedroom?

quote:

UPDATE 2: Jess’ family needs all the positive thoughts, good vibes, prayers, whatever you do right now. I never believed they could make a difference because I’ve never seen it, but if there is ANY chance that they do, it is worth asking. There is power in numbers. Thank you guys

did the doll murder her after she left him or what

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ben shapino posted:

that person's post history is full of "well, I'm in INTJ, the logician type, so my opinions are pretty much always correct because I use logic above all else".

further proof that anyone who gives one single poo poo about myers-briggs tests are even more off their rockers than people who buy into astrology

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Evil Willow posted:

Double post, but I think this one is worth it!

AITA I went on a Facebook attack spree.

hell yeah

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my grandmother divorced her shithead of a husband because he pulled the same "she just wants sympathy" poo poo when she got tonsil cancer

after 15 years, she passed from complications of her treatment last year

absolutely gently caress people who say poo poo like that

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

so he was already on probation, got arrested, has substance abuse issues, and tried to cheat on you with dozens of women

sounds like a winner, you should really go out of your way to fix things. can't let this catch get away!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shellception posted:

The disclaimer surely was needed, I thought this was a repost... but the wife of the previous rear end in a top hat husband locked herself in a long hot bath instead. Still the story is almost the same :tinfoil:

that story could describe 90% of married men in suburbia

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pentyne posted:

While it's an absolute fairy tale that women are somehow going to be better, cleaner roommates then men (both can reach epic levels of disgusting behavior without a shred of remorse)

my worst roomate by far was a woman. when she moved out, her bedroom was absolutely disgusting. she had a loving plate covered in old syrup underneath and stuck to her goddamn loving bed pillow, dozens of bowls under her bed, all of which were moldy as gently caress, and shitloads of old fast food bags that still had old, moldy food in them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

axolotl farmer posted:

Giant Knotweed is serious business. It's extremely hard to eradicate, since trying to dig it out of the ground mostly makes it spread more. It forms a deep and wide root tangle, and any small root fragment can grow a whole new colony. It can grow inside water pipes and destroy them, and can damage buildings too.

It's a really attractive plant, grows huge and tall, but drat near impossible to get rid of fast unless you treat it like a nuclear spill and dig out the entire area and burn the soil to destroy any root fragment.

No mercy for a neighbour who encourages and spreads giant knotweed.

doesn't it also burn your skin if you touch it

e: i'm thinking of giant hogweed nvm

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 31, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hughlander posted:

AITA for laughing after my brother lost a game of chess.

Oh no you beat a MAN you should have been gentle on him! His poor bruised ego!

generally i think ending a game of chess that quickly against a player way, way worse than you is bad form, however this guy totally deserved it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

quote:

One of my coworkers, Jane, lost it. She screamed at me that a pet isn’t a child, it’s insulting to parents that I refer to him as such, and I’ll never understand what it means to be a parent.

sounds like jane won't understand either

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Motronic posted:

Yeah....pretty much this. I don't get it.

We host a lot. I'm getting pretty good at marinades for portabella mushrooms that I can grill so the veggies at the cookouts can have something burger-like if they want it (seems to have gone over very well), we make sides that are veggie/vegan friendly......this is not hard. I've not had to pull of kosher but I bet I could in the mi with everything else if I sequenced everything properly.......which si part of the veggie thing too (clean grill, all veggie/vgean first, then get to the meat).

If you want to host......HOST. If there are people who are insane and not worth accommodating........don't invite them.

my solution as someone who is a very picky eater is to just let people know that i am one and to tell them that if they don't have anything i'll eat, don't worry about it and don't be offended because i know my taste in food is absurd and it frankly annoys me prolly more than it does anyone else. it sucks poo poo eating the same few things all the time and i do try out new foods whenever i can, i just...dislike most of them. oh well :shrug:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Evil Willow posted:

Which one of you guys wrote this??

AITA for me(22f)unplugging the internet when my bf(23m) was playing a game.

quote:

ESH.

Your son is being pretty immature and volatile, but as his mother you’re responsible for responding calmly and in a mature fashion so that he learns better behaviors.

lmfaooooo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

how the gently caress does someone who is nearly 30 and has a severe, potentially deadly, allergy to cats, not double check that any home they will ever enter does not have a cat in it

if you have been close friends with someone for at least a decade and you know she has a severe, potentially deadly, allergy to cats, how the gently caress do you not let them know that there's a cat in your house before they come over

christ almighty

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what kind of dope uses the mototank when the rattler is almost as fast with a way better gun

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my wife that she already did enough damage?

this dude shoulda ran once she started getting into essential oils and home birthing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

oh jay posted:

I gave that a quick Google and was met with a imgur album with over 100 screenshots.

What's the gist of that story?

a very dumb narcissist tried to open a cat cafe that also doubled as a cat daycare and it super failed and also one of the cats that was dropped off for daycare died

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

coolusername posted:

”Please tell me who is your gynecologist so I can go and lick his fingers"

what the living hell

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Y’all must have incredibly mindless jobs if you can listen to and comprehend vast video essays while doing them

my last job was so mindless that i spent 80% of my shift playing my switch, so

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"my dad's tiktok account" was not a phrase i ever expected to read.

midlife crisis and/or trying to groom young girls

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jamie Faith posted:

Where do ya'll work??? I would love to have a job where I barely have to work! :allears:

i was the overnight guy at an audio cd production company and my job was to make sure the duplicators kept running all night. i was the only one there all night so if the machines were working i just did whatever.

on the one hand it was chill as heck, on the other hand we published audiobooks by ben shapiro, andy ngo and peter schweizer.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Danger posted:

Honestly that one made me kind of sad. Like just the barest level of communication would have avoided everything but at the same time the op very clearly should get some therapy but doesn’t seem open to it.

absolutely nothing about that post indicates the op needs therapy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

how the gently caress you gonna buy a 100k+ dollar car and not get full insurance on it

dude's a fuckin moron