Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Has anyone been to the Le Mans 24 hours before and can answer some questions I have about going to it?

A few times, with other people doing the booking. What do you want to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Just the basic logistics. How you get there, accommodation options? I'm planning on being in Europe at the time its on so I could re-arrange my itinerary to get there. I'm coming all the way from Australia so I can't really bring a tent and sleeping bag with me.

We drove in and camped. There's a couple of campsites run by companies like travel destinations that supply and put up the tents for you, and I think there's some kind of cabin option, but I have no idea how much that costs. Or you can probably buy a disposable tent and sleeping bag for €30 or so.

There's also a tram station right next to the circuit and several train stations around. Apparently it's not hard to get the train from paris and tram to the track.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't be all that surprised if they've got an eye on formula e too.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

pretty sure all LMDh (the IMSA formula that the ACO/WEC are also going to let in) are going to use a standardized hybrid unit and will be faster than the P2s.

They'll be faster than the P2s because they're slowing the P2 field down.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

algebra testes posted:

Its also part of the business but I never understood why track revitalization was never a thing. Isn't f1 a better series if you spend the money to make say, Imola fit for F1 instead of holding a race in some petro-state?

And yeah that means spending f1 money on someone else's asset but c'mon.

They did that already. https://www.crash.net/f1/news/938436/1/imola-regains-grade-1-licence-take-step-towards-f1-return

What does grade one even mean anyway?

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
They only occasionally delete the LMP2s in the ELMS, what could go wrong?

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dudley posted:

The little ByKolles that could is doing better than normal.

It did last year too, then, iirc, a gte-am happened.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Goodwood speedweek as well, if you like historics. Looks like they have the usual half the BTCC field and a handful of WEC guys. Busy weekend really.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

The ipace etrophy was fun and I will miss it's particular flavour of nonsense. This is gimmicks piled on top of gimmicks. Jumps, joker laps, drift zones and sprinklers all in one place! What could go right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

track day bro! posted:

LMP1H was cool when there were 3 competing teams, but like all sportscar stuff it never lasts. Everyone is cutting their motorsport stuff as it costs too much and it doesn't align with pushing for EV's idk. I don't even have anything against ev's I'd love to see a balls to the wall ev series openwheel or hybrid.

Weren't porsche going in on the LMDH which is like a hopped up hybrid lmp2 or summat? I really lost interest in motorsport over the last year lol

Porsche and Audi. It's kind of sad really, the thing is literally an LMP2 chassis with a 40hp off the shelf kers unit.

Theoretically there are still three hypercar teams, Toyota, Glickenhaus and Peugeot coming later. Four if you count bykolles, and I don't know quite what Alpine are up to. They're running one of the rebellion LMP1s this year.