Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

What Brannon Braga means is he is incapable of writing an interesting robot zombie story without a shtick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Having recently got my first gang tag I am now addicted and would like to experience bij.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

esperterra posted:

ATTN STAR TRACK GOONS

If you would like to quote this post!

If you already have three gang tags, tell me which one you'd like to lose. If you don't want to lose any proceed w/ your own caution. The limit of gang tags is nebulous and you may get them axed by another mod or admin if they find your av/tag/text combo too excessive.

If you want your current tags rearranged or your text changed, I can do that as well.

I apologize ahead of time for the spam this might cause. It's just easier for me to organize and make sure I don't miss anybody! Feel free to quote me in your regular-rear end discussion posts if you were already going to say smth so we can keep this at least kind of neat.

thx in advance

Assuming I'm not too late for bij

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

mehall posted:

My dad sent me this and I thought you'd all appreciate it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZtS87Do47A

Good luck getting that theme out of your head for the next couple days.

It's one of the greatest TV themes of all time. I'll let you off.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Saru and Tilly Are Really Trying to Reveal Expected Known Disingenuous Interpretations Showing Calling Open Vitriolic Expectation to be Really Yearning (for the past).

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Pastamania posted:

Tendi's freaky dog was a fun concept. That's it.

I haven't seen the episode but looking it up the dog is voiced by Jennifer Hale who will always be Bastila Shan.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I have been waiting patiently for many years waiting for a Centurions live action film. They had the best names.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The Bloop posted:

Going entirely from memory based more on my toys than the show

Max Ray - water guy
Ace McCloud - air guy
[???] Rockwell - ground guy

I think

and the dumb bad guy was named Hacker i think

I think it was Jake Rockwell.

Also Hacker was the henchman, the big bad was of course...

Doc Terror!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

ashpanash posted:

Tag yourself, I was closest to DIS in high school.

I'm Cleopatra2525.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

zoux posted:

I'm actually working though VOY for the first time ever and it's not remotely as bad as people say. LIke, the science poo poo is atrocious for sure but the crew and the stories are fine, I've even come to tolerate Neelix. Janeway is great, and I see parallels to the way she nurtures and encourages her crew in Pike.

After hearing for 20 years that Threshold is the worst thing ever written, it's not even in the top ten worst ST episodes of all time imo. Most of those are in TNG season 1. The Chakotay fake Indian episodes are way worse than Threshold.

The worst episodes of trek are the ones that are the most mediocre and forgettable like the loss or melora.

Famously bad episodes like threshold, sub rosa, masks and move along home are all quite entertaining and so get a pass.

Code of honour is in a separate category.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I expect the Picard pitch from Stewart went something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlLbZVxRH60

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I started listening to the Newbie Star Trek podcast and it’s pretty funny hearing people go into TNG season 1 blind.

I'm currently watching series 1 with my children (their first time aged 10 and 12) and its a wild ride.

No skipping, which means they have watched code of honor and I will be making them watch shades of grey.

They both saw a clip from sub rosa (when the corpse gets up and electrocutes everyone) and they couldn't stop laughing. TBH this is exactly what I had hoped for when becoming a parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I watched WoK 2 days ago which my kids (12 and 10).

It's still an absolute banger. The problem is now I have to buy the search for spock.