Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
They say that Oscar Isaac didn't want his character to be killed off so soon and that's why he magically reappears later in TFA despite obviously dying, but considering how much he obviously hates the movies, maybe that's just Disney FUD
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

How did Kylo Ren get back to exogol, when a) he broke the wayfinder and b) tie/ln are not equipped with hyperdrives?

Not only are they not equipped with hyperdrive, they don't even have life support systems :laugh:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
He could have picked an Alpha-class Xg-1 Assault Gunboat but instead he chose the craft that would have killed him before he even reached space at all.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

PinheadSlim posted:

The sequel trilogy feels like a fan film but with the budget and resources of the real deal, I can never escape this feeling when watching the trilogy.

That's because that's what they are. They even have Jedi fighting in the woods, a beloved staple of the fan film.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

W.T. Fits posted:

George Lucas: Padme died because she had a sad.
The Fans: That's the stupidest loving death in the history of ever.
Sequel Trilogy: Here, hold my beer.

Poor Luke, Force Skyped and died.

Poor Leia, died of Ligma.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The first few attempts were Snokes. Sheev's gotta been like "The gently caress? This isn't me! This is just some guy in a bathrobe!!"

And the guys were like "Look man you got vaporized twice, we had to scrape mummified cells off of your toothbrush!!"

"What! I don't have a toothbrush! Who the hell did you clone???"

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I mean I doubt that the actual DS2 reactor vented directly into Sheev's throne room, that would be a massive OSHA violation.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
He falls for like 7 seconds or something before exploding, which probably isn't enough to even reach the bottom of that big tower he lives in.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Cease to Hope posted:

So you're saying he did die and he's a clone in TROS

It's just as Disney said :hmmyes:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

People have gotten leaked copies of the novelization and according to that Sheev did NOT do a gently caress and Rey's dad was also a clone (that somehow ended up with no force powers or looked anything like Sheev.)

Disney agitprop. Don't believe the lies! Sheev most definitely did a gently caress upon a person or some kind of space person.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It could be that the lightning is cum :thunk:

After all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9aPta_LajU&t=64s

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

cuntman.net posted:

if sheevs son is a clone of him and sheevs son fucks does that mean that sheev by extension also fucks? come on guys you have to give me this one

In an upcoming novel we will find out Sheev jr just found a better cloning machine.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Don't forget the tragedy of Maz Kanata blasting her own workers.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Huh. I didn't notice in the theater that they actually put a bathrobe on the Sheev too.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Remember how they brought back Sheev "Sheevers" Palpataine in the R of S and had him copy his signature line "I'm unnatural" for no reason but then later they have him saying something lame and bad like "I'm the sith" instead the much cooler "I am the Senate".

Yeah it doesn't make sense for him to say that there but nothing else in the movie makes sense anyway and I bet a good portion of the viewers would have cheered if he had said that and started owning people.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The Divergent movies are another funny example of greed and incompetence. Basically they were riding the wave of Young Adult fiction adaptations and were filming this book series called "Divergent" which are about some stupid bullshit or something I dunno. Anyway each new movie was worse than the one before. They decided to, just like the Hunger Games, split the last one into two, but after "part three part one" everyone was so sick of the franchise, and the cast hated it, and it wasn't making much money, so they just didn't make the final entry. The whole series just petered out. No conclusion.

And I think it would have bee extremely funny if they had done the same with Star Wars.

Like everyone just fucks off and episode IX never gets made.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
She's the youngling who lived :thunk:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

dialhforhero posted:

I just got to this thread and wanted to say that this is basically the plot of Ghostbusters II only with slime and happy thoughts.

In the Swedish subtitles for a Ghostbusters 2 DVD, when Ray says the slime feeds on bad vibes "like a cop in a donut factory", the translator misheard it as "like a cock in a donut factory" but then apparently thought that's a bit obscene and softened it to "Like the wang in the donut factory".

Not once during the process did they stop to think if this saying made any sense. What would a wang even be doing in a donut factory that it's so excited about? Cause there's hole in every donut, or what?

Coincidentally, this is also how the sequel trilogy was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I heard the reason Sheev has 1000 Star Destroyers with dicks is because the film was so rushed they didn't have time to make something new and just took whatever 3D models they had on hand and they happened to have a detalied ISD from Rogue 1.