Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Jazerus posted:

the watery part of naboo does actually contain the "plasma" that the naboo are mining and selling. the plasma is what the trade federation is trying to strongarm amidala into selling to them at low cost with the whole, uh, invasion

it's also the stuff that the gungans use in all of their tech

I did not know that. Is the peace orb made from the plasma? Does Padme just hand Boss Nass a big ball of the poo poo he has in abundance?

josh04 posted:

You might wonder why there's a hole through the plant's core in the first place. All very end-of-Krypton.

It's a hollow world. Its core is already a hole (filled with water).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, we see in titles like Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds that the Grand Army of the Gungans is a full-fledged and galactically-relevant armed force, with answers to everything forces such as the Empire, the Rebellion, or the Trade Federation can bring to bear against them. I think it's absurd to treat them as a colonized people.

We see in Star Wars Battlefront 2's Galactic Conquest mode that Count Dooku killed Anakin outright on Mustafar, and that Palpatine (who had previously been assassinated by Mace WIndu) either killed or converted Luke, who went to the Jedi Temple on Corsucant after the defeat of the Empire

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

We see in Star Wars Battlefront 2's Galactic Conquest mode that Count Dooku killed Anakin outright on Mustafar, and that Palpatine (who had previously been assassinated by Mace WIndu) either killed or converted Luke, who went to the Jedi Temple on Corsucant after the defeat of the Empire

That sounds right yes

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Furthermore, in Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy, we see that Kyle Katarn

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

josh04 posted:

Furthermore, in Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy, we see that Kyle Katarn

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

josh04 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/jcvx0g1.mp4
(sound on)

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Cease to Hope posted:

The human monarchy on Naboo doesn't rule over the Gungans. Padme can't dictate to Nass, and indeed has to prostrate herself for his help. You might as well argue the humans are oppressed due to a lack of humans in Boss Nass's court.

An alliance against a common foe isn't "baubles and platitudes"; at this point you're just ignoring what happens in the movies, where they make common cause against a shared foe then celebrate that shared victory, which heralds later cooperation.

The Gungans aren't colonized. They aren't ruled over, they don't lack agency, they aren't disarmed, they aren't oppressed, they aren't displaced. They're even more heavily armed than their supposed oppressors, and their two great societies have always lived in peace. The Gungans live in a different country, underwater on the other side of the planet. They are so distant and isolated that the Queen is only barely familiar with what they look like. The only thing they lack that the humans have is representation in the Senate, but they gain that immediately after casting off their isolationism.

The idea that the Naboo humans are settlers and the Gungans are settled are what I mean when I talk about fanfiction. There isn't any scene where the humans of Naboo rule over or oppress the Gungans, but here it is held out as one of the major themes of the film somehow. Previously I just assumed I had missed something, but no, there just really isn't any scene anyone can point to as an example of the Naboo humans ruling over or mistreating the Gungans, let alone the sort of systemic abuse and appropriation of colonization.

Lmao yikes

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
wait if jar jar is a frog, does he have a dick or just a cloaca

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Gungans reproduce via apotheosis, they don't actually have sex or gender

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jar jar Binks is a god, I agree

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ungulateman posted:

Jar jar Binks is a god, I agree

Welcome Obi-Wan, come to me through water and star war

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Begun, the Clone War has.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

josh04 posted:

Don’t be ridiculous.

It’s Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zoran posted:

five golden rings

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Zoran posted:

Don’t be ridiculous.

I knew there was one I was forgetting!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
jar-jar is the apotheosis of foolishness

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Cease to Hope posted:

He turns into a human prince.

Or......senator

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
poo poo the word I was looking for was parthenogenesis but I prefer Jar-Jar Binks the god

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Humans have proportionately much larger penises and breasts than other primates. There are a lot of theories as to why, maybe some kind of tradeoff for dropping estrus, or maybe something to do with developing human intelligence or becoming visual thinkers, maybe something to do with becoming fully bipedal. I don't think there's much of a definite consensus. But by that line of reasoning, if you're a fan of theorizing about alien genitalia, it's plausible that sentient species would have much proportionately larger external genitalia than their closest evolutionary relatives.

You could also try figuring out from the other way around whether they're oviparous and lay clutches of jelly-like semipermeable eggs that are fertilized externally, and thus external male genitalia would lack purpose. Maybe in that case you could even theorize that the swamp could be some kind of ancestral spawning grounds.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

poo poo the word I was looking for was parthenogenesis but I prefer Jar-Jar Binks the god

when there is only one set of footprints in the dune sea, that is when jar-jar carried you

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

God King Binks.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
A nation having competent fighting capacity or military power doesn't preclude them from being on the receiving end of a colonial relationship.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rimusutera posted:

A nation having competent fighting capacity or military power doesn't preclude them from being on the receiving end of a colonial relationship.

It would imply otherwise, however, and there no actual indication that the Gungans have been colonized.

Anyway post about Jar-Jar's divine dick and balls now

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Can I post about Jar-Jar's dick and balls in the imagination of Naboo society as a metaphor for colonialism?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
jar-jar on a cross of iron

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hé spilled those laser bombs to redeem us of our sins

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rimusutera posted:

Can I post about Jar-Jar's dick and balls in the imagination of Naboo society as a metaphor for colonialism?

At this stage I'm starting to think this is the only thing we're here to talk about!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just before the spring of 21 ATPM, a theological schism began among the followers of Jar-Jar

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What the gently caress

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Roth posted:

What the gently caress

Jazerus posted:

welcome to gungandome

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I can never find that stupid blushing cloaca comic when I need it. :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SlothfulCobra posted:

Humans have proportionately much larger penises and breasts than other primates.

:smug:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

- Sheev, explaining the human-supremacist policies of the Empire to an unimpressed Grand Moff Tarkin.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

josh04 posted:

- Sheev, explaining the human-supremacist policies of the Empire to an unimpressed Grand Moff Tarkin.

Sheev we've seen the many Sexy Pastel Colored Space People in the galaxy, your argument doesn't hold water.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Gonna play with my Gungan bombad boomas until they bust

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Lets run through some of the sexiest aliens

I went looking for female Gungans and found, well...

It's easier just to post it:

Edit: Fix'd

Bogus Adventure fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 10, 2021

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

1. Don't hotlink images

2. The otter-loving thread is this way. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911875

3. Also when the guy hosed the otter, both the guy and the otter got really bad full-body rashes from a whole interspecies allergic reaction.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

Gonna play with my Gungan bombad boomas until they bust

this gives a whole new meaning to super bombad racing

SlothfulCobra posted:

1. Don't hotlink images

2. The otter-loving thread is this way. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911875

3. Also when the guy hosed the otter, both the guy and the otter got really bad full-body rashes from a whole interspecies allergic reaction.

yes, join us. post your hot waru pics

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
kicked him in the ol' jar-jars, like Jundland's grizzled old dew prospectors used to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Meesa biiiig chungus!