Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
MotoGP:
Lorenzo is gone, Rossi has announced in 2021 he' make the decision to stay or go, Marquez is still not 100%, and Quartararo has signed with the factory Yamaha team for 20201 and 2022.

WSBK:
Bautista got the boot, Scot Redding takes over for Ducati hoping for another "Foggy", Honda has the new Fireblade and hoping for a race win or podium, or at least somewhere int he top 10.

We're getting near that time I know some of you folks follow this a bit closer than I do, Wild speculation on the season? Marquez the elder starts off slow still recovering from the shoulder injury and then wraps it al up just before the fly aways? Marquez the younger bins it every other race and is released from his contract halfway through the season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

PSVue is dying this week. I used Sling TV for most of last year but they have given up on my local Fox Sports affiliate which is a dealbreaker for me since I need baseball too, and none of the other US streaming TV providers seem to carry beIN Sports channel.

How do you (US) guys actually watch this stuff? Is a separate MotoGP and/or WSBK streaming video subscription worthwhile? I really don't want to go back to cable just to watch motorcycle racing

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I actually just stream both from their perspective websites. If you reach out to me and aren't afraid of more technical and nefarious ways of getting the races after they've been run I can share that as well.
Alternatively, if you're not afraid of meeting a fellow goon, or making the trip up to Plano, I have the subscription on both WSBK and MotoGP and will watch the races regularly, bring snacks.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 30, 2020

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

FBS posted:

PSVue is dying this week. I used Sling TV for most of last year but they have given up on my local Fox Sports affiliate which is a dealbreaker for me since I need baseball too, and none of the other US streaming TV providers seem to carry beIN Sports channel.

How do you (US) guys actually watch this stuff? Is a separate MotoGP and/or WSBK streaming video subscription worthwhile? I really don't want to go back to cable just to watch motorcycle racing

I had used :filez: for years but bought a MotoGP VideoPass this last season and I think it was worth it. I liked BTSports coverage slightly better than Dorna's in-house coverage, but the overall package (all races, practice/qualifying/tests, interviews, the app) all made the VideoPass worth it to me and I'll be buying it again.

In related US coverage news NBC actually bought the rights:

quote:

This year, NBC will air three races on tape delay; NBCSN will air five live races; and the rest will be streamed live on MotoGP VideoPass before eventually being aired on tape delay on TV. Many of the races in the latter part of the season will air immediately following NBCSN’s coverage of NASCAR races.
Which is good for both existing fans and, hopefully, bringing new ones in.

I'm impressed with Yamaha's handling of contracts. Locking Vinales and Quartararo in early - despite other factories trying to poach both of them - is impressive. Even more impressive is that they have replaced Rossi in the factory team without - apparently - pissing him off, by offering him factory support in a satellite team should he continue on next year. I do think that having to ride for a satellite team will reduce Rossi's chances of renewing. Has he ever ridden for a satellite team?

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
And now Yamaha has a retiree as their test rider:

motomatters of course posted:

The signing underlines how serious Yamaha are approaching the task of regaining supremacy in MotoGP. The Yamaha was strongest in recent years when Lorenzo led development, and Maverick Viñales praised the bike left to him by Lorenzo in 2017 when he joined Yamaha, Viñales winning three of the first five races that season.

So now they've got the outgoing GOAT for another year (or more if he wants it), a proven talent in Vinales, the up-and-coming barnstormer in Quartararo, and by far the fastest test rider (and only man to beat Marquez) in the series, and they locked them all in before the first test of 2020. Yamaha is not loving around. Hopefully they can be as successful developing the bike as they have been with their rider signings.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Marquez will win another championship unless at least one of the following happens:

-Quartararo gets full factory support for 2020 including a Yamaha that can match Ducatis in a straight line.
-Honda has flown too close to the sun and made a motorcycle that not even Marc can ride without crashing.
-Marc get's injured/his should is worse than we know.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

KodiakRS posted:

a Yamaha that can match Ducatis in a straight line.

lol

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
For those that follow WSBK, they've announced the rev limits for the major teams this is a carryover from the previous years in an attempt to stop Kawasaki/Johnny Rhea from winning another championship:

Kawasaki: 14600
Ducati V4: 16100
Yamaha 2020: 14950
BMW: 14950
2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R: 15600

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
For those that follow USCRA, I'll be fielding my 1983 Yamaha RX50 in the Supervintage 50 class again after winning the championship and every race last year. Currently fabricating a new fiberglass gas tank and investigating the possibilities of: a brazed chromoly tubing trellis frame to replace the heavily modified original; fitting an an Aprilia RS50 front end; fitting a close ratio six speed YZ85 gearbox; modifying the clutch to run dry. Less than 1 of these is likely to be fielded at a race event any time this year. I know you'll all be anticipating my posts on this topic eagerly as MotoGP is sure to be a bore yet again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:hellyeah:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

alright sepang testing so no cameras but some news filtering out

big surprise Cal is still unhappy with the front end feel even calling it maybe worse

marc already crashed one but he was going slow off the line on a cooldown lap he says

dovi is being a bit coy and saying we just don't know the new tires yet

zarco is unhappy but he's not blaming the bike

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1nW8OF9SA
testing highlights

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Looking forward to Lorenzo's inevitable wildcard where he does better than the other Yamaha riders.

Also looking forward to zarco loving cunts up on a year old bike again.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Looking forward to Lorenzo's inevitable wildcard where he does better than the other Yamaha riders.

Also looking forward to zarco loving cunts up on a year old bike again.

they already said lorenzo is riding at catalunya although I wouldn't be surprised if he got at least one more somewhere in the year

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

new test new ducati shenanigans
https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1231228004250083329

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I really miss Ben Spies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wxGBGKFpLQ

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Qatar 2020 MotoGP testing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb4Ga7bKyn8

This weekend is also the opening round of WSBK in Australia.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

qatar gp round cancelled due to too many of them having been in Italy in the last couple of weeks http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/motogp-class-cancelled-at-the-grand-prix-of-qatar/
Moto 2 and 3 should go ahead because they've been testing for the last week.

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 1, 2020

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Noooo I need my crack :(

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
WorldSBK was run over the weekend. Large groups up front packs of 7 - 9 running most of both races and JRea running off in race1. Toprak tops in Race1 and of all people Loewes in Race2. There were swaps and lead changes and not just at the end of the front straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUi6Xo6LRWQ

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 2, 2020

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1234423134251560960

I'm starting to think my procrastinating on buying tickets for Austin was actually a good thing :ohdear:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

definitely looking like austin might be the first motogp race of the season

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah update posted

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/1235601857608892418

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'm not convinced until we see how SXSW goes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hi hello welcome back friends i'm ready for another year of posting "good race" in the thread on race nights when we have dope poo poo, and then us all complaining about Marquez steamrollers when we don't.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

algebra testes posted:

Hi hello welcome back friends i'm ready for another year of posting "good race" in the thread on race nights when we have dope poo poo, and then us all complaining about Marquez steamrollers when we don't.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Watching qualifying for Moto3 and Moto2, aside from the racing, I really like the MotoGP streaming graphics package this year.

Kanye East
Jul 7, 2006
Is anyone using Chromecast to stream the races from the app? I gave up in frustration with it last year because of the poo poo quality. I'm hoping they have fixed it now.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

if they didn't say california dreaming of a win at least a dozen goddamn times and also constantly patting themselves on the back for pointing out roberts vs gardner moto2 would have been fun to watch. still a pretty good race.

lmao at binder being mad

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:stare: Nagashima. That was an incredible last 6 laps.

Nice one in Moto3 as well.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1237393764148109318

Completely unsurprising. Though I guess that kills the rumor I saw about replacing Austin with a return to Indianapolis

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
New schedule

https://twitter.com/neilmorrison87/status/1237394902050209792

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

So, Qatar is cancelled but Marquez's race is not? Hmmm. HMMMMMM

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Doesn't austin get like, freezing cold temps and stuff in november?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Slavvy posted:

Doesn't austin get like, freezing cold temps and stuff in november?

No, not as a rule. Wikipedia has average low for November as 50F/10C.

It's Texas Weather™ though so it's always possible

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Argentina GP pushed back:

The FIM, IRTA and Dorna Sports regret to announce the postponement of the Gran Premio Motul de la Republica Argentina, which was set to take place from the 17th to the 19th of April. Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the event has been rescheduled for later in the season and will now take place from the 20th to the 22nd of November.

WorldSBK has been busy rescheduling too:

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 12, 2020

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Another day another schedule: no new races til May

https://twitter.com/motogp/status/1237785981996216323

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

seattle supercross got cancelled too :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

right arm posted:

seattle supercross (watch supercross) got cancelled too :(

Ftfy

Edit: that calendar is a real early 2000s throwback with the southern hemisphere swing at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

algebra testes posted:

Ftfy

Edit: that calendar is a real early 2000s throwback with the southern hemisphere swing at the end.

I'm just glad I got a refundable flight out there since I've caught it religiously every year since like early 2000s iirc