Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Valentino Roni?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Slavvy posted:

Valentino Roni?

Another mod requested it, I had to. Sorry.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:neckbeard:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Alex being quick on the Honda makes me worried Honda have their poo poo together and ergo, Marquez The Better will crush everyone like a bug on return.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

Alex being quick on the Honda makes me worried Honda have their poo poo together and ergo, Marquez The Better will crush everyone like a bug on return.

Yeah, All the hondas have come on a lot. Simon mentioned that they're all running a new rear Ohlins shock, maybe its helped them manage that new rear michelin better.

Great ride by Rins today, smart ride by Mir to steal the championship lead from Fabio and not duke it out with the Alexes

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Marc was always going to crush everyone on his return, don't get your hopes up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is a difference between the Honda that Kills All Its Riders and "Even Alex Marquez gets on the podium", though.

And I get Marq is a once in a generation rider but still.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
8 different race winners so far this year and the guy leading the championship isn't one of them. MotoGP: the only part of 2020 that doesn't suck.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

KodiakRS posted:

8 different race winners so far this year and the guy leading the championship isn't one of them. MotoGP: the only part of 2020 that doesn't suck.

suzuki is leading the constructors somehow lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

the paradigm shift posted:

suzuki is leading the constructors somehow lmao
It's so good lmao.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Finally got a chance to watch the Moto2 race, and holy hell what an insane result.

Edit: love the Aragón track, hate the trophies.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 21, 2020

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just picturing michelin frantically running around the hardware store trying to knock some trophies together on Friday night.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chris Knight posted:

Finally got a chance to watch the Moto2 race, and holy hell what an insane result.

Edit: love the Aragón track, hate the trophies.

Also yeah I forgot to comment on 3(?) Of the leaders falling off.

Moto2 is my sly indulgence every week. I don't really know who anyone is apart from Lowes, Roberts and Gardener but its entertaining Chaos.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

q1 was hilarious on the last lap and taka getting pole should be some interesting first laps tomorrow

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nakagami is consistently good but never quite good enough for a podium.

Moto3 is my guilty pleasure. I don't know who anyone is, but there's just something very entertaining about watching a bunch of teenagers farting around on the track and getting into south European temper fuelled slapfights.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Moto3 is a hoot, I don't know why anyone would skip it.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Finally caught up on the past month of MotoGP. It's awesome that we got a season of something other than The Marc Marquez Show but I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the drama honestly

Wet races own btw

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Nakagami is consistently good but never quite good enough for a podium.
I jinxed it, sorry. :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A boring, dull, MotoGP race.

But after the day we had sports wise hell yeah that was fine a-ok with me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Alex following the classic Honda pattern where he's finally figured out how to go fast enough, only to discover why big brother keeps making those saves.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

algebra testes posted:

But after the day we had sports wise hell yeah that was fine a-ok with me.
Watch Moto3.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
The motorsport gods are just toying with HRC at this point.

algebra testes posted:

Maybe it's all in my head but it seemed like they showed a lot more midfield action than normal for this kind of race. Not having the usual superstars up front and championship contenders spread throughout the field probably helped.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They usually focus on the furthest-forward battle going on from what I can tell.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

They usually focus on the furthest-forward battle going on from what I can tell.

I really love the onboard cameras + gap thing, so you're watching a battle for 5th but you can see that the rider leading is 2 seconds ahead and hasn't fallen off. I think it's a cool way to provide context and information. You never think "SHOW ME X" because you know exactly what is going on.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"Bez down and it won't be a happy Monday!" :haw:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1324428903822303234

https://the-race.com/motogp/heavy-points-penalty-for-yamaha-petronas-but-not-the-riders/

focus on an election for a few days and everything goes nuts

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Rossi is still positive for covid and yamaha is talking about letting gerloff ride his bike for some dumb reason

scratch that he just tested negative

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 5, 2020

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Iker Lecouna is out because his brother tested positive for Covid.
After all the Yamaha motor shenanigans Maverick still had to open a sixth one today and starts from Pit Lane on sunday.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:wow: Garret gerloff, what an absolute weapon.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

hopefully these weird conditions continue. even as bad as I feel for yamaha about how the weekend has gone so far

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nah, gently caress Yamaha they effectively got away with cheating the rules. No sympathy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Rossi's back in!

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hell Yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isj0oBjfrxE

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
The logic that the yamaha riders got effectivly self penalized by the lack of engines felt wrong, I think they should have taken the riders points as well. That said, the fact they actually ate poo poo this weekend and them losing points due to engine problems isn't just a hypothetical makes the decision a lot more palatable for me. Also friendship ended with Dovi, Mir is new best friend.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I dunno if you guys know this but this is actually a great song

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

Rossi's back in!

!!!

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

The logic that the yamaha riders got effectivly self penalized by the lack of engines felt wrong, I think they should have taken the riders points as well. That said, the fact they actually ate poo poo this weekend and them losing points due to engine problems isn't just a hypothetical makes the decision a lot more palatable for me. Also friendship ended with Dovi, Mir is new best friend.

It was bullshit, the fact that the MSMA decided to let it slide stinks badly. Not-so-outlandish conspiracy theory: Ducati let it go because further investigation could've revealed them/others' cheating the rules the exact same way.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
There's that blue wave we were after :dance:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Folks

You love to see it.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Dovi taking next year off. Very dumb move imo, he's too old to get another good ride in GPs. It looks like Superbikes in 2022 or retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Dovi taking next year off. Very dumb move imo, he's too old to get another good ride in GPs. It looks like Superbikes in 2022 or retirement.

He probably wasn't going from test rider back to race winner either. It sounds like he priced himself out of the aprilia seat if he ever seriously wanted it.
Honda was likely a no-go, Yamaha seems to want to make team psyched out work, nobody else is going to pay him top dollar. Hopefully he can negotiate a good sbk seat for a few years and enjoy himself.

Cal's probably hosed for next year for similar reasons $ and his injuries this year. I feel like Petrucci running back to the garage when there was never a chance he'd have time for an extra lap this weekend was him saying hey aprilia remember me when iannones appeal fails.