Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I think redemption island is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Amazon: Rob is kind of creepy. I’m not really impressed by him so far.

By the way, I tested negative for COVID. While I’m happy I’m not sick now my job is not going to pay me for the days I missed.

Zesty posted:

You get to the part where Jeff encourages women to get naked for peanut butter? :barf:

Looks like it’s two episodes out.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rob C was kind of creepy but his game goes into overdrive later in the season.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zesty posted:

You get to the part where Jeff encourages women to get naked for peanut butter? :barf:

Seems like a weird way to remember this...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Stokes posted:

This didn't happen. Jenna suggested it herself.

Oh well jeez, nothing Jeff can do in that case but encourage her.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
You should see what he made Colby do for peanut butter.

...and that wasn’t even on Survivor!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

BGrifter posted:

You should see what he made Colby do for peanut butter.

...and that wasn’t even on Survivor!

We just rewatched S2 and seeing Jeff go on every reward with Colby is some of the funniest TV

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zesty posted:

Jeff has pretty much always lets stuff happen, he doesn't road block too much from the contestants in 40 years of the show. Like there's no hard feelings, neither of the 2 have any regrets are at all upset about taking off their clothes for peanut butter and oreos. Literally nothing bad came out of that little piece of Survivor, just good publicity for the show and a playboy cover for the girls.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

unfortunately it did lead to jenna vs sharmell in TNA so i consider the experience a net negative for global karma

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find something mildly amusing about the fact that Rob C is now like the fan arbiter and curator for commentary but he and his season are just kind of icky to rewatch because they've aged like poo poo.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Zesty posted:

The only people that encouraged it were Jenna, Heidi, and Rob C. You're making a fun moment for all involved into some salacious, inexcusable event and it's kinda weird.

JOHN CENA posted:

unfortunately it did lead to jenna vs sharmell in TNA so i consider the experience a net negative for global karma

MINUS FIVE STARS.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Caught up on the thread and disappointed with essential links being missed.

Regarding Survivor: Amazon, the two part MTV Rumble in the Jungle preview show starring the legendary Robb Z (the guy who brought his skateboard to a beach, and chokeslammed a racist in a challenge) and Shii Ann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQ36WsW6O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io91MKjtoZM

(Bring back the ATTACK ZONE challenge IMO)

This editing is something else, very period appropriate. Rob giving a godfather speech over System of a Down intro hehehe

Bring back the crossword puzzle challenge, lol.

edit: Disappointed Coach's movie was about some fake band

I love when Jeff does casual chopper stand entrance.

quote:

There's an interesting interview with ET Canada where Jeff explains why they don't do this anymore. I've transcribed it here.

"Back in the day, you used to leave the finale in some dramatic fashion. On a jet ski, and attached to a helicopter, or arrive at the finale in the same way. Will you ever do that again?"

"Here's the thing. I loved doing those. They were so fun. We ran out of ideas. And we don't wanna repeat, like I don't wanna do another version of the same thing. And the last version involved scuba diving to Venice, like swimming underwater to Venice beach in California, and then getting on a skateboard. And I was skating through Venice, and I'm not a skateboarder, [so] we hired a guy, he said, 'I'll teach ya a couple of really cool moves.' And I said, 'Really?' And he goes, '_Easy._ You'll look good.' And I said 'Ok, great!' And... he tried to teach me and turns out it's not as simple as he thought."

"Skateboarding is incredibly difficult!"

"So then we had another version. And this is actually the last one. This is a better version. It was all connected. The last time we tried it, our plan was I was going to repel out of a helicopter. I am not a mountain climber guy dude, I just play one on TV! And [then] land on the roof of Madison Square Garden and then Batman walk down the side of the building, and go in with the votes. And the Batman walk was totally cool. We talked to a stunt guy, he said 'That's easy.' We go train to shoot to repelling out of a chopper. And I'm with this stunt man, and I'm getting all buckled up and he goes, 'Man, I gotta say I admire you. You're doing... you're doing one of the toughest stunts in the world of stunts.' And I said, '...what are you talking about!?' And he goes..."

"[joking] 'No one told me this!'"

"That's what he said, he goes, 'Nobody told you?' I said, 'I have no idea what you're talking about, they told me that I was gonna climb down a little ladder.' He goes, 'This is one of the riskiest stunts you can do. You shouldn't do it.' I said, '...wait, I'm-- no, be-- [fumbling speech], seriously tell me the truth.' He goes, 'You should absolutely not be doing this.'"

"And so you didn't."

"We called the shoot off. That was the end."

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 29, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

JOHN CENA posted:

Sharmell v Jenna lead us to one of the greatest wrestling rants of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMYvVVl1Svs

Stokes posted:

MINUS FIVE STARS.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Amazon: I really like Christy, she's one of my favorite contestants ever, and I wish she would have won. So many people were just downright cruel to her. Butch just burned down the camp. RIP Rob's Magic 8 Ball and Jenna's five-year-old sorority jacket hand-me-down.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Stokes posted:

You're making a fun moment for all involved into some salacious, inexcusable event and it's kinda weird.

:chloe:

Your defense of it is super gross. This is exactly the kind of thing Jeff was talking about at that tribal near the end of 40.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Choosy moms will no longer stand silent as their children become drenched in jiff for a leering public

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot this was a Christian Minecraft server.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 29, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They should get Rob C out there again. Bonus points if they can team him up with Fishbach.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

They should get Rob C out there again. Bonus points if they can team him up with Fishbach.

the hot rumor is he and nicole (cesternino) were asked for the first blood vs water but they had to turn it down when nicole became pregnant

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't actually think Rob would do that well. He'd have a target and I think he'd be one of these "old schoolers" who get so worked up about the idea that they can't keep up that they gently caress up real early. But like that's largely based on his Know It All opinions and some of them are intentionally counter to Fishbauch for the sake of debate.

On the other hand I'd be highly amused listening to episodes of Know-It-Alls on a season where Rob and Fish played.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tyson would 100% betray rob.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want Tyson to play again with Jeremy and Wendell so they can all go to Ponderosa and they can be like "Dude, you're 1 for 5 now! You suck!"

Basically I guess we're assembling the all poo poo talker season.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Only person who wouldn’t betray rob is amber maybe.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Invalid Validation posted:

Only person who wouldn’t betray rob is amber maybe.
Amber wouldn't betray Rob C.? She already did that once in All-Stars!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

STAC Goat posted:

I don't actually think Rob would do that well. He'd have a target and I think he'd be one of these "old schoolers" who get so worked up about the idea that they can't keep up that they gently caress up real early. But like that's largely based on his Know It All opinions and some of them are intentionally counter to Fishbauch for the sake of debate.

On the other hand I'd be highly amused listening to episodes of Know-It-Alls on a season where Rob and Fish played.

Finger on the monkey's paw curls. Josh Wiggler hosts it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I mean if Rob C is even half as hilarious at failing as Fishbach was when he came back for Cambodia, I'm all for it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's why I'd just be watching for the Know It Alls when the two of them after every episode clumsily try and justify their bad moves and get real mad.

Even if it has to happen after the season is over it will be worth it. Rob would never fully get over it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I highly doubt Rob C would ever play again. Walking away from his media empire for a couple months would probably severely damage his income. I don’t think he’s rolling in cash or anything but he’s able to make a respectable living geeking out about reality game shows and talking with the contestants. Risking that for the slim chance at going back on Survivor and it going well seems like a bad deal.

He’d come into any season with an enormous target on his back and I don’t think anyone believes he’s a Tony/Boston Rob/Parvati level talent who could potentially play through that.

Rob C would be near the top of the list of “players I’d love to see play again after getting the surgery from Face/Off” though. Or at least subjecting the rest of the cast to some sort of MIB-style mind wipe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I doubt it would hurt his business. RHAP is an institution at this stage and it could survive a few months with his wife or Josh Wiggler or Sophie or Tyson or Fish or someone as the face of it, especially if its all driven towards "ROB RETURNS!"

I just think he's smart enough to recognize he probably wouldn't win and there's a better chance he'll hurt his legacy than add to it and I think Rob takes himself a bit seriously and holds onto stuff so its just not worth it. Even though those are all the reasons I'd kind of like to see how it all played out.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It feels inevitable and like a bad idea. Obviously it's great content.

Rob may be silenced for 13 weeks of TV but there's nothing in the CBS contract that says the ghost of Casey Kasem can't do podcasts.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I watched Cambodia again earlier this year, Fishbach did pretty OK, just got way too antsy and excited for a big move. If he could have just relaxed a bit after the merge, he was in a good position.

A bunch of deep dives dropped on RHAP over the last week - I haven't listened yet, but so far Kim, Adam, Ethan, and Michele have done interviews.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think Rob said he wasn’t interested in the camp life aspects of Survivor back when he was doing Evolution of Survivor. One episode he said he’d consider doing Big Brother, but probably not Survivor.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At this point does having them “survive” bring anything to the show?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Invalid Validation posted:

At this point does having them “survive” bring anything to the show?

There's still a strategy aspect of activity level, providing, rationing, etc in the social game

Also how different people physically adapt (or don't)

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
Finished Fiji today for the first time, what a shitshow of a final tribal. So many pissy players. It’s amazing how mad people got in the early seasons reacting to some pretty minor lies and manipulations considering the triple- reverse-backstabs and constantly shifting voting blocs of modern Survivor.

I have no clue why multiple jury members go in hard on Cassandra, considering she was a super goat and seemed like a nice person??? Like we all knew she wasn’t winning, why poo poo on her? Buncha dicks.

What does the community at large think about the Dreamz/Yau Man truck fiasco? Honestly, going back on his promise could’ve possibly worked in Dreamz favor if he really owned it, but whenever a player is wishy washy about a lie the jury rips into them.

Overall, not the strongest gameplay season, but some funny social dynamics and some wacky twists/gimmicks I appreciated. Could not believe that a tribe won immunity, then chose to give it up to maintain their cushy living space. And especially enjoyed that at the merger, they told the merged new tribe they were going back to live there. Everyone’s celebrating and high fiving, and when they get there the crew has stolen everything but a pot, machete and fishing stuff. It was like the anti-merge feast.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

One World: I hate all these people. Colton is literally the worst; I hated him in Blood vs. Water and I look forward to hating him more. Best part so far is Troyzan getting mad that there's a guy called Tarzan.

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 30, 2020

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

PopZeus posted:

What does the community at large think about the Dreamz/Yau Man truck fiasco? Honestly, going back on his promise could’ve possibly worked in Dreamz favor if he really owned it, but whenever a player is wishy washy about a lie the jury rips into them.

Not sure about people overall, but I agree with you: it was a worthy long shot by Yau-Man and Dreamz fumbled it completely. Either own it or say no thanks.

Also, check out Yau-Man's posts about the season! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2475395&userid=116845

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im watching Australian Survivor 2018, Contenders vs Champions and the one issue that really pops up early to me is them not throwing names up for the players for their confessionals and the cast feeling a bit generic so far (outside of fuckin Russel Hantz what the gently caress is he doing here). It's definitely harder to follow the players this time around than in 2017.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pokeyman posted:

Not sure about people overall, but I agree with you: it was a worthy long shot by Yau-Man and Dreamz fumbled it completely. Either own it or say no thanks.

Also, check out Yau-Man's posts about the season! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2475395&userid=116845

yau man is a better poster than the goon that actually won his season of survivor (its exactly who you think it is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

JOHN CENA posted:

yau man is a better poster than the goon that actually won his season of survivor (its exactly who you think it is)

Did they post about Survivor after they won? Yau-Man seemed to get more into the behind-the-scenes stuff than I've seen elsewhere.