Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arby's seems like they're priced a tier higher than they should be, their sandwiches always seem to taste OK at first bite then go downhill fast. I wouldn't even go there any more if they didn't have

Who What Now posted:

The only halfway decent mozzarella sticks in the fast food industry

How is that such a tough thing to get right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'M HEADING TO ARBY'S RIGHT NOW!!!

e: for cheese sticks not a sandwich

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Do I get a gang tag for eating the meat mountain before?

Truly you are the one spoken of in prophecy :worship:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm sorry sir, this is an Optimist Arby's drive-thru

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Remember the rumor that the roast beef was shipped to the stores as a liquid lol

I wish that was true, then you could just hijack an Arby's tanker and have all the refreshing meat juice you could ever want.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I went back to Arby's to try Arby's sauce for the first time in memory, and it's...a basic vinegary barbecue sauce? I mean it's not bad, I was just expecting something more robust and distinctive I guess.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

NEW FROZEN TREAT IDEA COPYRIGHT ME DO NOT STEAL

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

it's called the Arbinator

Roasta la beefsta, baby

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 13, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You forgot the cardinal rule of Arby's: every visit is expressly designed around the mozz sticks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who What Now posted:

a side of cheddar

:aaaaa:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Flight Bisque posted:

I worked at Arby's for 11 years.
No I'm not sure how I survived it either.

AMA I guess?

Was the roast beef ever secretly delivered in liquid form in a big tanker truck? Feel free to put the answer in spoilers if it would endanger your safety otherwise.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, I fell sway to the siren call of the fish sandwich today, they're actually solid. Maybe the best fast food fish sandwich, at least of the more common megachains. Weird that Arby's generally seems to do best at the things that aren't RB.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Folks, I'm sorry to report that the fish 'n' cheddar is a disappointment that I was unable to finish. It turns out they just slather it in the same cheddar sauce as the first beef, and the taste does not mesh at all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Q_res posted:

Well the Fish and Cheddar still has the tartar sauce on it. It's really awful. Though I'm confused that someone expected it to be something other than the Cheddar cheese sauce they use on the Beef and Cheddar.

I could've sworn I'd had it before and it was just a slice of cheese until I rolled up and saw the picture on the drive-thru menu, and my hunger for fish and cheese was too powerful by that point

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

The law was: MEAT OR BE MEATEN

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I want to say that cheddar/american type slice and battered filet sandwich are pretty much the only good intersection between fish and cheese, at least the only one that's coming to mind.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's true, I do like a good tuna melt. It seems far enough removed from fish that it didn't come to mind.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2_LgFwyfw

Got extremely stoned for quarantine and made this because good lord are we bored.

:lmao: feed that doggo

I got a ginormous roast beef from Arby's today and I assume it was because I've only had fast food a couple times in the last six weeks, but gat dang was it the best sandwich I've had there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I had a brisket sandwich today, and it was in a weirdly ambiguous middle ground between disappointing and surprisingly good. Like, there wasn't nearly as much meat as I expected, but what was there hit a surprisingly decent level of smoked flavor and rendered fat, almost like actual brisket. Yes, I am aware that staying inside for six months has possibly influenced my food opinions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

deadwing posted:

there isn't much better than fresh, hot curly fries dipped in horsey sauce

I wasn't sure but your av convinced me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

They have the meatflapsTM

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Arby's roast beef has one of the shortest usable lifetimes of all known substances once exposed to the ambient environment

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Did the RB place change up its curly fry recipe? I got some today and they seemed to have a much more bland coating than they used to. Maybe just my local one loving up like they do sometimes :iiam:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I always assumed those came frozen in a bag and you just drop them in the fryer. I've had soggy or stale curly fries, but never ones lacking in seasoning.

Yeah I figured so too, the coating seemed a bit puffier and had almost no seasoning, I thought they used to be a bit flatter and have lots of pepper visible. Who knows.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

He who controls the meats, controls the universe

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Anyone tried the crinkle fries? I used to really like their straight fries when they had them, and they usually got made fresh too since everything defaulted to curly unless you asked.

I have not, but this solves a question I was wondering about earlier today where I thought I remembered them having a new site but I couldn't find it on their website :ms:

I'll give em a try sometime this week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Agreed, but I'm also gonna reiterate my conspiracy theory that they secretly switched to a blander coating sometime in the last year. The photos on the website barely even show any flecks of pepper on them now, it sure seems like they used to at least *look* seasoned :tinfoil:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I sat through the longest Arby's line I've ever seen to get the crinkle fries. I was hoping they'd have some seasoning at least but now, just plain ol' plain fries. It feels sorta like trying to hype up that your sandwiches now come with white bread.

I won't forget this, Arby's :arghfist:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Arby's: We have the meat farts®

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I tried the potato cakes, they basically taste the same as McDonald's hash browns but a little thicker. Tasty, but they're too tied to breakfast in my mind to fit with Arby's sandwiches.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

quote:

But as you might recall, Arby’s recently announced that its brand new Crinkle Fries would join classic Curly Fries as a permanent menu item. And maybe three delicious potato concoctions is simply too much for one chain to handle, because Arby’s has confirmed to The Takeout that it has discontinued Potato Cakes.

A double slap in the face :negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

im viewing the arbys menu because its the closest place next to the WEED STORE and i've been eating home made roast beef sammies/gyros a lot lately

must order one of the many other Things On The Menu.. but What?

Fish, Arby's is one of the secret Good Fish Places

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Philthy posted:

reuben is better than most tavern reubens

Well....it's surprisingly good, but let's not say things we can't take back

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't have a lot of faith in Arby's to deliver THE NUGS! but I'll give em a try anyway

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I tried em too today and I think I felt about the same. It's just that kind of dense and bland chicken that seems like the most generic nuggets possible, they're not terrible but they're not anything I'd especially want again either.

That's two strikes, Arby's :toughguy:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

They're basically a smaller version of the chicken tenders

That makes sense, I just realized that I've never bothered to try those.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I ate some Arby's that made me feel urpy the other day, and that was after eating it inside the five-minute window before their RB begins its rapid slide towards inedibility. What is this chain even coming to?!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tried the Greek gyro today, it was actually pretty solid. Especially compared to the roast beef version I accidentally tried a while back, their regular meat just does not go well with the pita and sauce. The only downside was that I didn't get a stra-

spookykid posted:

Medium cola? no drink but straw in the bag lol

....wait a minute :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:siren::siren:BREAKING ARBY'S NEWS:siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would like to resurrect this thread to ponder why Arby's is the only fast food chain I'm aware of that consistently makes fried mozz sticks that are consistently not only edible, but actually really tasty. Every time McDonald's or BK comes back out with them, they're half the size, cold, and a lot of them are just shells because all the cheese melted out. What's Arby's secret :iiam: