Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

For some context, there are 6 cases of Covid-19 in Monaco. There are fewer cases in the whole of Europe than any one of ~15 US states individually right now.
Most or all EU countries allow what Bottas and LeClerc are doing.

Make whatever you will of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Wow, very troubling stuff from Bottas and Leclerc. Personally I would arrest them both for attempted murder of 4000 people but surely everyone will agree that disqualifying them from last week's GP and a two-week race ban would be an extremely generous, slap-on-the-wrist compromise

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

SocksAndSandals posted:

When is Vettel announcing his retirement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5HG14_1Sk

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SocksAndSandals posted:

When is Vettel announcing his retirement?

I'm going to guess around Lap 7.

Wait, is that not what you were asking?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-red-bull-return-ferrari/4829063/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-6

lol so he was talking to Renault and they decided to go with a supremely toxic being that hasn't been in F1 for a couple years over Vettel.

But I guess Red Bull might be interested in him although I don't know why as both Verstappen and Albon are incredibly strong and good.

Maybe they'll put Vettel at Toro Rosso but even then Gasly has completely redeemed himself and Kvyat is pretty decent these days.

There is nowhere for Vettel to go except... in.... the .... bin.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Zeta Acosta posted:

Yeah sure the guy risking his life at 300 kms per hour is in the same cathegory than some fucktard from sky f1, great point reddit

worst part of the new f1 2020 myteam thingo was him interviewing me.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Marco has already rubbished Vettel to RBR.
And, I'm not surprised. Albon has overtaken Hamilton twice in the last few races, and ergo equalled Vettel's career record, and Verstappen isn't going anywhere.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vettel to the glue factory

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Max and Albon are both better than Vettel at this point.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Seb to Alfa with Kimi.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wiltsghost posted:

Max and Albon are both better than Vettel at this point.

Every other driver is better than Vettel at this point. He’s broken.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I want to compare Kubica and Vettel's times at FP with their teammates, in percentage.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It's gone from being funny to really, really embarrassing. If I was him I'd retire before the next race.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Serperoth posted:

I want to compare Kubica and Vettel's times at FP with their teammates, in percentage.

Kubica is a publicity stunt at worst and a charitable case at best. The dude doesnt belong in f1. The same with grossjean. There are still some really bad drivers in F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

Kubica is a publicity stunt at worst and a charitable case at best. The dude doesnt belong in f1. The same with grossjean. There are still some really bad drivers in F1.

List of drivers that absolutely should not be in F1:

- Antonio Giovinazzi (He doesn't seem to be progressing or rising above aggressive mediocrity.)
- Sebastian Vettel (It's just embarrassing at this point.)
- Romain Grosjean (He went from extremely inconsistent from his debut and early years to now consistently inconsistent.)
- Lance Stroll (He's somehow evolved the very definition of 'only here because of money' to 'my dad literally owns the team' pay driver.)

Latifi is still a question mark as this is his debut and it's also been an obviously insane time to make your debut amidst a pandemic to judge.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Magnussen should also gently caress off.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Vettel's done. Whether he deserves it or not, Alonso still has a rabid fan base and plenty of "experts" who are happy to call him one of the GOATs. Vettel has neither, even with the 4 WDCs, so no one's gonna give him the sort of benefit of a doubt that got Alonso another go at Renault.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Alonso was still driving at top level even if his machinery was bad. Since 2017 Vettel has loving sucked and a top level driver would have won both 2017 and 2018 titles.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
just loving lol that vettels came to roost and his 4 WDCs being down to neweymobiles came to light

vettel is utterly useless if he isn't driving something ridiculously overpowered from the front row

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

Magnussen should also gently caress off.

I dunno about Magnussen I really don't know.

It seems like he's actually good but his whole mentality is poo poo so the potential is trapped.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Zeta Acosta posted:

a top level driver would have won both 2017 and 2018 titles.

Good news: the only top level driver in the sport won both of those titles. :britain:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
People denying that Lewis Hamilton is the GOAT are just vehement racists who contribute resources to All Lives Matter and watch Alf on rerun.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Wirth1000 posted:

People denying that Lewis Hamilton is the GOAT are just vehement racists who contribute resources to All Lives Matter and watch Alf on rerun.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Red Lives Matter

#missionwinnow

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

See that's the thing though I have played the game and those onboards do help, I can have the track map in my head just fine, but when I look at this

I have no idea where that is or how to orient myself, it's a completely different view of the track than you get from a first person perspective like with the onboards.

I think the idea of having the f1tv track map up in another window is my best bet so I'll probably start doing that.

I have thousands of hours playing various F1 games and other racing sims since the mid 90s. I know the layout of every track in just about every major series pretty well. That being said, I have no idea what turn this is in the screenshot. Honestly, Im not even sure what track it is. So yea, TV really doesn't give you a good idea what's going on sometimes.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

.I'm watching Weekend Debrief on F1TVTM and why does Rob Smedley mumble so much?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

- Lance Stroll (He's somehow evolved the very definition of 'only here because of money' to 'my dad literally owns the team' pay driver.)

Lance Stroll literally stinks, but that point you make loving owns and I almost can't hate him for that...almost.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
i know he's canadian but that won't stop me from imagining him sounding like a gilded age upper class british lad like "oh but papá I want to drive for the good teams"

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
I dont know why you'all hate on Vettle, he is the only driver that has some semblance of a personality during interviews. Hate on Ferrari, sure, but Vettle? You go too far.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Stroud came into this league 2 years away from being 2 years away so yall better watch out for Canadian Schumacher he coming

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tagdoodle posted:

I dont know why you'all hate on Vettle, he is the only driver that has some semblance of a personality during interviews. Hate on Ferrari, sure, but Vettle? You go too far.

Excuse me, Tagdoodle, are you implying with this post that Are Lewis is not #blessed????

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

My problem with vettel is that he is definitely 1/2 wdc material, but 4 seems a bit much for someone who is generally agreed to fail to live up to the "complete driver" ideal.

As a person he is ok, would like to see him in the C4 / sky commentary teams to offer some balance to the Lewis cock garbling. How ever much Lewis is clearly the goat, or will be soon, British commentary can get a bit sickening at times.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zeta Acosta posted:

Leave Charles alone

[–]albiorix_Robert Kubica 136 puntos hace una hora
Another poster pointed this out in a separate thread. Buxton cannot hang with his fiancee who is at the SAME track as him but Charles is allowed to travel home and socialize with friends? Madness, I love Charles but come on mate, these are not normal times. I got you that these guys are stressed and need to relax but didn't they just have an extra couple months off to hang with all their friends...

Yeah sure the guy risking his life at 300 kms per hour is in the same cathegory than some fucktard from sky f1, great point reddit

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCa-JhVB6UN/

Dude is living his best life right now

Just when I thought I couldn't :love: Leclerc any more than I already do, he goes and makes Reddit shitheads have a meltdown. :allears:

#DOTD

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The GOAT is a 3-way fight between Fangio, Schumacher and Clark. There's merits to each of the choices.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

The GOAT is a 3-way fight between Fangio, Schumacher and Clark. There's merits to each of the choices.

Are Jimmy.

also lmao at the Edd Straw av.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

BubbaGrace posted:

I have thousands of hours playing various F1 games and other racing sims since the mid 90s. I know the layout of every track in just about every major series pretty well. That being said, I have no idea what turn this is in the screenshot. Honestly, Im not even sure what track it is. So yea, TV really doesn't give you a good idea what's going on sometimes.

It's Austria T4, it's not like it wasn't the place where most of the action happened at the last race or anything. Also exactly how many downhill >90degree radius turns are there in F1 anyway? Acting like it's one of the nothing turns at Sochi or somewhere just makes it look like you're not even paying attention.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Just from the photo there that could be a multitude of tracks. Tv tends to flatten out corners as well, Interlagos in particular looks way flatter on tv than it really is.

Knowing the track and specific corners isn't suuuper important for watching. Action is action wherever it happens on track.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's the only right hander on the track that's that sharp, cambered and has gravel outside it.
You can know where it is, and his point can still be valid.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

also lmao at the Edd Straw av.
Wasn't worth giving money to a serial abuser over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
brave of you to have yer irl pic as yer avvie haha