Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

https://twitter.com/calbucci/status/1235612841027104769

poo poo's wild. we're definitely gonna have a recession imo.

yeah lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

my folks live in southern Indiana and are friendly with shop owners and all that. apparently the Korean woman who runs a restaurant they like had somebody look at her and literally run away in Home Depot.

people in china are doing a racism like this against people from hubei province, too.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Management posted:

lol my parents are going to die

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i hope this means companies will continue allowing wfh and remote work forever even after the virus runs out of victims to kill

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

not gonna lie this poo poo is starting to look scary and a lot of my coworkers are in the 55+ bracket. i don’t think we’re getting through this without losing one or two people :/

rip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

qirex posted:

work from home protip: baked pasta makes way better leftovers since there’s less moisture so it takes longer for it to get mushy. I do 25 minutes at 350

thanks for this tip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

we are completely hosed in the US

i also find it hard to believe that china's cases have completely flatlined. what's going on over there?

things are still on a kinda semi-lockdown in most of the country and hubei is still totally quarantined. i dont know if thats actually stopping it or if they arent really testing new people unless they need urgent care or what though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm about to go home from work for the last time for at least a month

the last time I had to wfh for an extended period it was because of a terrible natural disaster, so this is actually somewhat less disruptive

this is also a natural disaster, op. the idea floating around that its an escaped engineered bioweapon is probably not true.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

my brain is fried so sorry if I'm missing the joke here: "natural disaster" generally refers to weather and motions of the earth, not viruses and bacteria and prions and poo poo like that

yeah im just shitposting mate. no jokes here.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

chmods please posted:

we got an all-hands email today saying that if we wfh we should always use video conferencing and always dress as if we were going to the office even for internal calls

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaman Linavi posted:

company sent out an email today that said anyone planning a flight/cruise after march 9th isn't allowed to use wfh and can only use unpaid sick time

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

ours just said any international travel is no longer covered by corporate insurance regardless of destination

what kind of international travel is required in the agricultural industry, op?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

corvid19 has taught me to re-appreciate the simple things like a good cup of coffee in the morning.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

lol i’m not working from home

why not

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

nothing about my job would make sense to do from home

plus we kinda have to stay open. no way im not getting infected

but what if it did

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

in italy they won’t even try to save infected people that have diabetes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

won’t lie I’ll be a bit disappointed if this just passes

also I ordered 180 flu vaccines and I reckon people will be desperate. covid may be
good for business which is desperately sad atm

i hope nz eats poo poo too, op. for your sake.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol they’re gonna cut social security to stimulate the coronavirus economy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i hate to break this to you but this disease mostly targets the unproductive members of our society. we're not going to lose any capacity to produce food. if it really comes down to it the powers that be will let go and just let the olds die

i don’t think it mostly targets computer touchers though?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i turned on my oven monitor. rating b+

man how many burners do you have on your range

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

who's voting this thread one :confused:

i voted 4

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ShadowHawk posted:

If you have any contrarians on your social media this is a good time to tell them to donate blood (or components)

I think it's weird cause blood centers are like the cleanest place I know and you're not allowed to be there if you're sick anyway.

its also not weird because everyones on edge and doesnt want to go out and do unnecessary things right now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stereotype posted:

I keep telling everyone who is saying "It isn't just the US, everywhere in the world is doing badly" that, in fact, China and South Korea are doing very well

cant speak for south corea but china isnt really "doing well" i dont think. i mean, maybe compared to the world of poo poo the us is starting to find itself in, but tens of millions of people are still on lockdown, everywhere else is heavily restricted, and the economy is clearly biting the big one here. walked down a street yesterday that used to have about i guess 12 or so restaurants that were always pretty busy. 8 were closed, boarded up, for rent signs in the window. 2 more were closed but looked like maybe they could reopen someday? and two were open with no customers. half our suppliers are either stuff not back yet or operating at 50% capacity. retail sales of our products are down over 50-70% yoy in east/southeast asia. i mean we make essentially luxury goods but its not a good sign.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fatal Error posted:

lomarf if you believe any official news from china

i mean you don't have to believe it to get the basic idea here. theyre arent covering up uncontrolled viral pneumonia outbreaks and mass graves here in shenzhen. i'd have noticed it somehow. i promise i'll break the news here in this thread if something like that happens. and i personally know a half dozen or so people currently in various parts of mega quarantined hubei province. at this point any coverups are in the margins, not the general idea.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i work in a gossipy office with 950 employees, my girlfriend works in another company with a hundred or so, with all these people living scattered throughout the city each with their own families and friends etc. i really don't believe it would be possible to cover up a wuhan or northern italy level outbreak here without at least rumors of it that i'd be somewhat aware of

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im the two million waiters in the united states earning $2/hr with no reasonable expectation of tips anymore, lol.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

china has this authoritarian angle that we just don’t

also imagine if : this continues to mutate so that catching this is like catching a cold in that you only get immunity to that strain but can get it again, the implication being that from now on it’s just like influenza but easier to catch and just circulates the globe over and over and perhaps being old is just a thing of the past

time will tell but something wise I read made the claim that if we’re over precautions we won’t know* but if we aren’t precautious enough it will be abundantly clear

*china and korea being very on the precautious end of the scale

i read on twitter today that most other coronaviruses only give you immunity for a couple months once you recover from them? lol if true.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the uk's plan seems to be basically opening its arms to embrace the virus, just getting it over with as fast as possible????

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Acer Pilot posted:

I got some racism today for buying two jugs of water. I have always bought water from the market ever since my kitchen faucet poured out funky coloured smelly water once but I guess me being Asian during this pandemic gives people the right to comment about or question my purchases. I am pretty displeased about this since this is Canada and I’ve never really experienced this sort of thing before.

Anyway, sup wfh crew.

have you tried being white

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah i think italy scared the poo poo out of everyone. i'm cautiously optimistic that we may get through this with minimal casualties. can't wait for all the contrarian shitlords to talk about how it wasn't necessary once it finally blows over

im not. if anything im cautiously optimistic that this disease might shine a bright light on the fundamental rot inside our economy. i dont see how it ends any time soon.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

what if your parents will see washington post and yell fake news hysteria

he’ll, same

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you should set up a dead mans switch to spam the forums with anime if you go

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

lol the university just decided we're teaching online for the rest of the semester (third week of may). that's gonna work just great for wood shop and cnc machining and all that poo poo.

just call the school year over already. this poo poo is hosed

just amend the syllabus to require all that equipment at home

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

FMguru posted:

...except voting to reelect the current president

trump is gonna push through a dumber version of medicare for all and call it trumpcare and win in a landslide

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

lol

I have 2.4 full time equivalent total in this pharmacy and I’m the only pharmacist

we’re literally the opposite and I’m on the front lines

threaten to quit if you don’t get a raise

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

we’re closing our borders to all non residents soon

someone said this was gonna be like y2k levels bad but i’m
wondering if it’s gonna be worse

it’s ww2 bad, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my neighbors are quarantined and they put a paper seal on the door to law sure everyone knows if they break out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

basically something like “this household is under medical isolation observation” with the start and end dates and phone numbers for the building and neighborhood management offices