Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Dash Rendar is who first taught me that ATST walkers are immune to seeker missiles but that they are very much vulnerable to some guy standing on some boxes in the corner of the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mods plz rename this forum to Science Friction thanks in advance

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If we've supposedly got so much of this "space" stuff to go around why are we even fighting wars anyway

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mooey Cow posted:

I've got some prime space over here to sell ya. This stuff is the real deal! You can put stuff in it, or you can pump out some gas out of it and make it even more spacey, sell it at a profit. It's up to you! Only 5000 space bux per cubic kilometer :heysexy:

Sounds to me like the perfect spot for a hovertrain!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

FunkyAl posted:

I've got some bad news folks. The 70 year mission to get water from the asteroid belt has been interrupted due to our team being scraped off the face of the water asteroid by a different, bigger asteroid. There will now be no water for 200 years. thank you.

That's all right I was feeling like having a water war for a while anyway!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nah go nuts. If you are posting content and if it is going underappreciated I give my blessing to multi post as anyone here sees fit. Gotta be content though, or really really funny spam.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lego of your past. Kinex with the present. Build a better future.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I knew there was a third set somewhere I could use to make a more perfect post but I just couldn't get all the pieces to snap into place. :smith:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

istewart posted:

:eyepop:

Yes, I never ranked one of the train sets. I had a couple of badass castles and I think one of the pirate ships, but any of the Lego train stuff was just on another level. And if you want to get ahold of a monorail set now... :laffo:

Since this is general SF forum now, tho, I wanted to highlight some of my old faves from Lego's original space stuff. I feel like a lot of it is genuinely more creative than much of the licensed stuff they're cranking out these days.

This one was a lot of fun to play with. Not only did the little guy on the buggy drop out of the middle pod, the two outer pods also detached as separate ships to zoom around. A really cool toy design, especially because kid me was obsessed with how the Enterprise-D's saucer could separate.

Check this dude out, cold chillin' in his supermaneuverable spy saucer with thrusters on each corner! Romulan sunglasses commodore, eat your heart out.

I think this is one of the biggest space sets I had, and it was one of the only Lego sets I remember that was held together with magnets. I think the central saucer popped out separately, and I want to say you could actually break up all 4 quadrants into separate ships...

And then of course they had totally hog-wild poo poo like Time Cruisers. Mid-90s Lego was probably their creative golden era.

Thank you for sharing!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't understand the reasoning behind that one.

Now with dying wookie sounds built right in!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nobody has reported anyone in this subforum for the past ten days, keep it up everyone! We like to run a tight ship around here!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey everybody we got a new icon! Well, actually it's the icon we've already had for the reports section of the website but nobody can really see it in there so I expect it's pretty new to most of you.

Also, we've had exactly 0 reports in the entire time since I've become a mod. Great posting everyone! Keep it up!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Consider my compliment retracted then subforum! You all need to get your act together and I'm definitely not just compensating for being asleep at the switch!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Let you seat the council we shall, but grant you the rank of master we shall not.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We have a new subforum title everyone! I think it's super duper neat and I hope everyone enjoys!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's a subforum for every strata of the forums. The elf dick historians, the sheev dick historians, the Harry Potter People. We're truly one great mixed melting pot of sticky fluid.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If there is a Harry Potter thread then does that mean we can have a Tolkien thread?

Yes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I like to think of it as just leaning REALLY heavily on the 'fiction' aspect of the sci fi wi fi

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Just as a general rule if someone feels like talking about a piece of fiction they feel passionately about and they think could be entertaining to others, pretty much no matter what it is, I encourage them to post about it here if this is where they wanna post it. Good threads with interesting topics and effort filled posts are exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see in here!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Musluk is our new IK for the month!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

josh04 posted:

Might be time to change the thread title? Not that it's less true, but it's a bit heavy for light-hearted chat.

A new thread title and perhaps consolidating some of the information in the stickied threads is something I've been meaning to propose. I'd like it of our stickies were more a showcase for user content and regularly changed.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I am a firm believer in sci fi wi fi's competing threads hypothesis. When a sequeldome is born, strong enough to withstand the feverish heat of the world of online criticism, it shall emerge from its egg and greet that world anew.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Also some kinda resolution to the avatar-avatar thread is on my to do list, lots on my list!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

oh man that just reminds me of the best prequeldome post ever

We've all become like family down in th' dome but I do think back on that post from time to time and I smile. Posting can be fun!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Star Chat Dome: An idea too hot for television. Too dangerous for radio! Only the internet can contain an idea this spicy!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1207988802225991681?s=19

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1337670174430785536?s=19

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1341318874604646400

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvWwJ6sh5s

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1352542461223026688

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It doesn't appear to be!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The dome is closed. To the posters who were attempting to have a good faith discussion about stereotypes, thank you very much. At this time it is going to remain closed until the sci fi wi fi team has discussed what standard for good faith discussion we are using for the thread going forward and what we're going to do with the discussion we were having up until the moment I decided to just close the thread. At this time I make no guarantees that it will be opened again and I happily invite the users of this forum to make specific topic threads about various events from within the prequels if there is something from those movies they wish to have discussed as a specific point of order. As a reminder for anyone looking to talk about the original trilogy and the sequels their respective domes remain open.

For anyone who looks back on what they wrote and might reflect that it failed to meet the standard of good faith discussion, I suggest going home and rethinking your lives.

As always thoughts are welcome both here and the sci fi wi fi feedback thread and anything posted regarding this decision in either will be given consideration by the team. I hope everyone enjoys their saturday afternoon.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's good to have you back Roth!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I keep ending up in the wrestling forum while muscle-memorying this, god's own spaceship and wands forum.

I bet Anakin Skywalker could hold his own vs anyone the WWE has to offer.

I have promised myself, since we were a rotating subforum once, that I won't get upset about this.

But it's happening.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Welcome to our hip new sci-fi wi-fi mod!

What? They've been here the whole time???

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Is that who won?

Actually no! There's still an idiot king position and I'm still waiting on my final results from our panel of judges.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Serendipity already came out. Decent enough I suppose but it makes me really wonder about what it meant for the long term direction Firefly was headed in.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

can we rename this sub to A Leonard Nimoy Forum

ALNF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I believe that talking about movies that I hate is the only way anyone is gonna know they really ought to make me a better one.