Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Got in today, played around and won 13-10 my first match. I'm one of those weirdos that never played CS in any form but have a lot of general FPS experience and found myself not doing too bad other than having no clue where to place Brimstone smokes. Characters are boring but the graphics are fine, everything communicates well, ADS feels clunky compared to any game I've played, the prematch one-liners are awful. Game is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Man, after the hubris from my first match where I thought I wasn't complete garbage, I'm discovering that I am, in fact, absolute trash at this game. Every match I've played this weekend I'm dead last on my team and either last or second-last overall with a 3-16 KD :sigh:

Like, I'll be shooting at an enemy and be clicking their heads and my gun spray just forms a Loony Tunes outline around them. I even stop moving and still can't get a hit in. Very frustrating.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Smol posted:

Have you played CS before?

Late reply, but no, I've never played CS before. All my FPS muscle memory comes from Doom/Quake/CoD types and most recently Overwatch, Apex, Planetside 2

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Perestroika posted:

Having to set aside at least 30 minutes per (potentially entirely hopeless) game is something of an entry barrier.

This is what turned me off from MOBAs and part of why I stopped playing Valorant. It's a slog at best and pure agony at worst.