Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
FYI: on my iPad I can skip some/most of the video ads. There are some that were pure videos and I can just slide the modal window down. The ones advertising an app/game with a countdown timer though are unskippable.

-

Are there any must buys in any of the time limited shops? Things like the gil purchasable items in the beginners shop or the release commendation shop etc.

Is there an online database somewhere? Would love to see/plan ability enhancements and stuff with more info. Or better yet, is it even possible to see what upgrades do? Enhancing an ability tells me it “raises damage” but it doesn’t tell me by how much or tell me that before I upgrade. Same deal with equipment etc.

I’m maxing out Excalibur since it’s the only UR weapon I have. Should I spend any resources on upgrading the non-named crafted stuff?

How do I get Mont to stop using stone throw? Like Jesus Christ he’s more than useless because he insists on throwing rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Do I have to unlock max provisions again if I leave my guild and join yours? Joined a random guild before this thread just to get the benefits.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Oh drat, didn’t realize there was a 24h wait before joining a new guild. Guess I’ll join tomorrow 🙁

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

waah posted:

Updated the Guild Queue here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3918727&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post503724369

Please note, if you don't specifically tell me hey, I'm applying as this character, your invite gets either kicked back or you get added to the queue lower than you should be. There are random people who apply to the guild even though it's not auto accept so I gotta make sure one of them isn't taking one of your spots.

Edit:

Also, if you are lucky or poopsocky enough to have already gotten in, make sure you are at least contributing the bare minimum to the guild statues so that you can help out your fellow goons and the guild to get more slots.

There is a person benefit for doing so as well as more members = more guild token that you can spend on final fantasy waifus.

Add me to the queue please. Can’t apply in game yet.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What is so special about him?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

How is it possible that I keep going up in rank even when I lose in pvp? What is the “1.0” thing for? I’ve never seen it say anything other than 1.0.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Schubalts posted:

All it takes is hitting the same target with the same element/type of attack before the target takes its next turn. Two sword slashes, two fire spells, a single Pummel from a Monk (it hits twice, counting as a chain on its own), etc.

You need to hit 3 times. So pummel + something else would work. If you have Macherie her limit break also hits twice, so just bring another light element unit. Also, chains count even if you hit your own people. I just use Macherie’s limit break on my own guys followed by Robb’s ranged attack.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

This one is the worst I’ve played in a long time for that.

Saw you in the 7DS thread but this is also a huge complaint of mine. 7DS doesn’t have this issue right?

For something related to this game I applied for goon squad as player 3355219468. Hope the first guild opens up soon though cause it seems to be a chore to rank up these statues.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’ve never played a gacha or a Japanese mobile game before. Is it common for them all to be so inefficiently designed? Specifically having a separate pop up for each log in bonus, each with its own animation. Yes I want to click four different times and then go actually claim them in a separate menu, also complete with an animation. Or not being able to level up/customize characters in the formation menu, only in the character menu.

I don’t know why they did this, but you can force touch the character icon in the formation window to bring up that unit’s enhance/awakening/ability panels. Then when you hit the back button you get dropped back to the formation window. This saves you like 20 different loading screens.

Why is it force touch/long press? I have no idea.

Where does it say this in the game? It either doesn’t or it’s hidden below 100 menu options.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

jabro posted:

It’s a long press because a regular press is to change the character out.

They could just put another button on the screen.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

And make sure you join the right Goon Squad. See the posts above.

FYI here’s what you should do everyday re: guild:

- Donate to statues 3 times. Would be better if we all pooled into the same one probably.

- Put your physical damage dealers and tanks in the barracks and replenish supplies when you log in and when you stop playing. You can still use them while they are there so you won’t lose access to them. From what I’ve read you don’t want magic based units in there because you don’t want them to lose Faith but for physical units Bravery is better. The people in your barracks will gain a massive amount of JP. On my screen it says 63/hour and I have enough provisions to last 4 hours for 2 people. I just buy the 10,000 gold food.

- Send Gifts ffs. It costs you nothing and we need it for statues and such. On a related note, send gifts to friends too. It costs you nothing so there’s no reason not to.

- Every so often go to Gifts -> Gift Settings to see if there’s a limited time option. Normally you will receive 1 medal from people, but right now for example there’s an option to receive 3 medals instead. Set it to that. (And Just to hammer the point across, it costs you nothing! It doesn’t deduct 3 medals from you when you send them to people. They just appear out of thin air.) I don’t think it’s worth it to choose the Hard Candy option because food is just so cheap. The buns give you 3000 supplies for 10k.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

HGH posted:

Always remember to filter new shops to Gil first.

You can do this? Are you ducking serious ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Just logged into this game after a while to check it out and there’s a bunch of 1 time only banners with guaranteed URs related to the 1M+ downloads promotion I guess. Except, I can’t pull any of them with the free shards which is dumb as hell. I mean I get why they do it but still it’s dumb as hell.