Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Have this too. I'm the owl.

The Fairy Wren should be saying "Supbirb" :colbert:

(I say this because I am one...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm beginning to wonder if LoB and The Saddest Rhino aren't SA's equivalent to the ravens in the Tower of London.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

This is a real thing a real person tweeted.

https://twitter.com/KwCongressional/status/1279562816324763648

QAnon is, at this point, the Venn-diagram overlap between "domestic terrorists" and "unmedicated schizophrenia".

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

How the gently caress do you read the Bible and come away with that loving filth, I want to ask, but i know the answer is literally "none of them read the Bible, they get told by a preacher what to believe and HE'S basing that on what makes him money"

Because they're Montanists — something actually declared heretical in 230CE, well before the Council of Nicea, but that the theologians among these arseholes keep digging up and thinking "hey, these dudes were p cool, we're their modern inheritors!" — who've developed that particular line of bullshit further into a kind of Manichaean witchcraft.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Idiots and heretics who are the ones having prayer breakfasts with the current President of the United States...

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

He should cut his leg off. That much gammon could feed a family for a week.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Also less fuel efficient, could tip over at the slightest failure, incredibly hard to turn, and will crash into everything.

See them gliding along the rails
Under the bridge at midnight
Heads turning as the legs rising up
Are so high
And rolling out and on the four line track
There's a gyro rolling on its back
On its back
And I sense a rhythm humming in a frenzy
All the way round its frame

Trains on stilts

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

imagine lacking the cognitive capacity to see how mobile suits would revolutionize battle

His soul is weighed down by gravity.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Got a lot of these in my town. Including the ladies with the pink camo and U JUST GOT BEAT BY A ~GIRL~ stickers. Seen a few blowing black clouds so I guess they got coal switches or whatever too. They like to drive up and down the main commercial road for hours every friday and saturday night.

What the hell kind of brain worms causes this behavior??

Lead poisoning. They're trying to pass it on, but haven't realised that unleaded fuel doesn't mutate people into chuds as effectively as leaded.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Annabel Pee posted:

To be honest I kind of agree UK flag is kind of neutral, its the england one thats racist.

Now here's someone who's never been to the non-England parts of the UK, let alone most of the rest of the world.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Annabel Pee posted:

Yeah this is all I meant by neutral. If someone's wearing a Union Jack they might be racist they might be not, but if they've got the English Flag then watch out.

Again: Only maaaaaaybe true in England, and then only if we're being charitable.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Idiots on Social Media: slavery was hard and so is this workout

:mods:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

At least the OP got screenshots...

https://twitter.com/thhamilton/status/1313535319661305857

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like Amazon have decided that Ireland has already reunified.

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327654526963376128

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

:perfect:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

VinylonUnderground posted:

I will say, moving around the country is eye opening.

When I moved to NYC from the midwest, they had assigned seating. I don't do that poo poo so when people asked me to move I had to put my pants back on and shuffle away while drinking the pint I brought in. They didn't care about the pint but they did care about the pants.

When I moved from NYC to Frisco, they cared about the assigned seat like New Yorkers but not the pants being off. The pint? That was unacceptable. Even when I was in my seat, me drinking some booze by myself was unacceptable.

When I moved from Frisco to Oakland, I found my people. Nobody gives a poo poo about anything. When I'm at Grand Lake occasionally someone wants to share popcorn and there is a surprise for me. I've found my people.

LoB-wannabe spotted

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TinTower posted:

That's in Edinburgh. :colbert:

It's also not real. Sadly. I could go a deep fried kebab after a night on the lash.

Also, salt n sauce is objectively best. I can't help it, it's just how the world is.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I want one that's like, "oof bad run in the 11th century, only made it past 4 once."

John Finnemore did a sketch like that in his Souvenir Programme, but it's not online anywhere.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

toanoradian posted:

That is also how you enjoy Test cricket, the one that can last like 5 days (5 half-days, technically)

The perfect way to enjoy the Test doesn't involve the television. Instead, it's Test Match Special on Radio 4. But apart from that, there's little difference.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

toanoradian posted:

This tree have only got one ball.

The other is in the Albert Hall

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself. I really don't understand why there are even still celebrities dumb enough to do this. Do they get off on going commando in public? Did they have a quickie in the limousine and didn't want to walk around in wet panties all day long? It's kind of a mystery to me.

What the gently caress is wrong with you that you thought this was an OK thing to say?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Volcott posted:

A naughty wind is haunting Scotland.

I knew I shouldn't have had that bean burrito.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Thinking cops actually solve crimes is where everyone makes their first mistake. They are usually between 40-60% at solving murders (lovely record keeping makes it very hard to get accurate statistics) and "solve" means they felt they had enough evidence to charge someone, not convict, and god knows the cops have never charged a crime on an innocent person because they were black and in the area. Every other crime has even worse rates of "solving."

The polis killing people ups their solve numbers, even as none of the fuckers go to jail for it.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The problem with the rest of the world is that it isn’t.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

It really isn't.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

*scrolls to facial hair options and selects the largest beard so I don't have to care about the face*

just like in real life!!!

Wait, is this in a game or on grindr?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Yeah but spoilers used to be about major plot points/twists, but now spoilers are just about any detail

I think this is the important point that's frequently lost by the "NO SPOILERS" crowd, many of whom think even a basic description of a piece of media is a spoiler.

Take Control, for example. The connection to Alan Wake was a nice touch but hardly a major twist (come on, it's a Remedy game, of course it's going to have that), and both Jesse becoming Director and Polaris being Hedron are a given if you have any idea of how narratives work. So those aren't particularly big spoilers, but yeah, I can see why some people would not want to see them beforehand. That Jesse can fly and fling forklifts at people isn't a loving spoiler despite what a bunch of people claim because it's a key premise of the entire game.

The biggest spoiler would be telling someone what happens in the Ashtray Maze. That, you just don't do.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

They play down gender in order to reduce everything to ‘produces sperm’ and ‘can get pregnant’

Which also means they ignore the very existence of a bunch of cis people, because these stupid TERF fucks care only about reproduction.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

You’re right. I should have said “claim to”, to make clear that I agree they’re all about hating trans people and using regressive :biotruths: as a lovely justification.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cythereal posted:

And the UK apparently isn't scheduled to get no-fault divorce until next year. Maybe.

England, not the UK. Scotland has had no-fault divorce for a while now.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Emojis, memes, language itself, all attempts to compress the pure ideoforms of the human mind into mere images on a page, all pale imitations of the pure primal scream I wish to convey into the world but which is forever fettered into the cage that is the goatman's rear end in a top hat.

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in goatman's rear end in a top hat.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

All my grievances are fully automated

Can’t wait for the rise of fully automated luxury gay space grievances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

"I wake up at 6 AM"

OK, is this an American thing that has spread to the rest of the world (hell, I have seen people who wake up at 5 AM). Whenever I wake up at 6AM I stay in bed for over an hour or more. Yes, I admit I live fairly close to my workplace but there are people who do WFH with this schedule. Why the hell would anyone wake up at 6AM if they didn't absolutely need to? And what time do they go to bed? 10 PM?

People who go on about how great it is to wake up early are like vegans, in that as soon as someone voices a contrary opinion they won’t shut the gently caress up about how good the early morning is.

I loving hate mornings. The only reason I tolerate 9-5 rather than working 11-7 is that so much of the world assumes that everyone’s on the same schedule, so things like band rehearsals usually start at 7.

I know from spending chunks of time not working that my natural rhythm is to wake up at 10 and sleep at 2, and I’m not fully awake or able to focus until after midday.

5am is the time when you get in from a late night out, not for waking up.