Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

"Why Are My Dreams So Weird? - Vice posted:

With coronavirus dreams, we're learning something more simple that we've known before: Sweeping historical events have a way of making it into our subconscious. In the book, The Third Reich of Dreams, writer Charlotte Beradt collected about 75 dreams from people living during Hitler's rule. One dream from 1933 was about a mind-reading machine—one of several about thought control. “These dreams—these diaries of the night—were conceived independently of their authors’ conscious will,” Beradt wrote. “They were, so to speak, dictated to them by dictatorship.”

If we follow this line of reasoning, our dreams have been dictated to us by the virus. Silly, scary, or strange, having coronavirus dreams right now reveals, at the very least, that we're all going through something together and trying to figure out what these events mean to us, the people we love, and the lives we lead.

We should post and pick apart our own dreams, such as vaginite's here from the first covid thread,

Barack Obama with a vagina, in the shoebox of an old friend, beckoning the dreamer into the womb of an idealized past now forever obliterated. Fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i was in my bar i cant go to and i heard a voice and thought
"man! that guy sounds just like tiger king"
and i turned and stole a glance and it was HIM and our eyes met for a split second

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I dream about work

loving blows

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I saw the final two episodes of the Simpsons. One was a self-referential ARG about larger themes and arcs in the show's history, the other one had Mr. Burns running an ice skating rink.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I had a dream that Bernie was going to win. :(

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

N. Senada posted:

I dream about work

loving blows

I’ve also had stressful work dreams recently which is very unusual for me, certainly due to working from my home now.

I’ve also had some really vivid dreams that loved ones have fallen ill or died. And more pleasantly I’ve had three that I can remember about being at baseball games (though one involved repeatedly dodging foul balls hit my way, difficult with poor eyesight)

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
I had a dream a few days ago where my chest felt really awful so I called an ambulance. They drove me up in front of a hospital then just dropped me off, like I opened the door myself and climbed out. There was a line of 200 college kids waiting to enroll in healthcare snaking out the front of the hospital so I just stood at the end of it. When I finally got inside the building after thinking I was going to die the whole time, the receptionist looked at me like I was an idiot and told me all the doctors had already gone home. So I just wandered away while starting to worry about the ambulance bill

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

In a car with a right-winger telling me jokes:

Q: Which is worse, Batman, or Batman on fire?
A: Batman on fire, because it's not Obama

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
if you can remember your dreams its a sign

a sign you should eat more weed

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Jon Do posted:

if you can remember your dreams its a sign

a sign you should eat more weed

:( coronavirus

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i remember my dreams frequently and i will update you

e: I just remembered one. I was observing someone in like a twee zach braff scene trying to talk to a girl about music, except instead of the Shins he was talking about a Neutral Milk Hotel knock off who had album and song titles like "the Waffen SS hunted men like dogs"

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I don't have dreams OP I just sleep

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Nitevision posted:

I had a dream a few days ago where my chest felt really awful so I called an ambulance. They drove me up in front of a hospital then just dropped me off, like I opened the door myself and climbed out. There was a line of 200 college kids waiting to enroll in healthcare snaking out the front of the hospital so I just stood at the end of it. When I finally got inside the building after thinking I was going to die the whole time, the receptionist looked at me like I was an idiot and told me all the doctors had already gone home. So I just wandered away while starting to worry about the ambulance bill

I dunno you might wanna check your mail for that bill, this one may not be a dream.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

the goddamn government hung me from the gallows ln and when i died i woke up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/1267178589062983680?s=20