Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hello!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

im the psycho mantis of mafia players

I'm Harpo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

no, bad toal, edit that out, kill the drama

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

Hi. I’ve never played mafia before but I would like to play this game. Hope I’m not bad!

welcome to the community dude, best of luck, do all the moves

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

Me saying “thanks” twice in the same post is a scumtell isn’t it

You knowing the word scumtell is the scumtell, scum!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

I swear to god if you have the wrong people as scum im going to go full loving chucky doll on your rear end opop

It’d be better if the town was the ‘scum’ as there are only three likeable people in the whole show (Saff/Cowie/Guy with Pennywise leg)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jumper King? Mr. T? T-minus? Gimme something better than that Opop!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

You dinguses need to stop posting so it looks like people are signing up for this dead forum game

Start bending peoples arms in discord

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow Grandi never stood a chance

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think flerp looks the worst here, kinda sniping at Grandi’s joke scumclaim, seemingly taking it seriously, but not actually putting it forth much.

After that Tommu’s forced tunnelvision on me feels a little stale.

##vote flerp

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

Well then he shouldn’t be loving posting then Huhhhhh

we could lunch him to be safe. RF loves fake day actions

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think flerp is scummy any more, magnus where you at

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

does flerp normally get blackout drunk to play mafia?

nulltell lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Flerp who definitely didn’t kill Carole Baskins husband

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

lol yeah 420 stay high play mafia live life

I mean that would be my answer any day of the year

I won’t vote Hal today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Tommu

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

I know, it seems half hearted and he hasn’t done much. I agree with others that bee seems sincere, so Im poking around to see if we can get anything interesting from others . I’d also like to see what Hal has to say after his initial post since he was only halfway through the thread.

yeah I don't have much tbh, this is a hella chill game so far but definitely too chill

I look at the player list and I don't whanna lunch anyone, except maybe ETR for replacing out, but then it's Hal, and I don't whanna vote Hal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

Well what kind of beers. 6% vs 4% means a world of difference in beer world

and this guy is obviously a good guy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm maybe tomorrow I can interpret this post

join us Hal in the bone chill zone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flerp posted:

dont act like a martyr until youve failed at least 4 toxxes smdh

this is maybe a weird place to say this but I’ve read some of yours and AA’s and the couple other mafia goons who’s named I’ve recognized short stories on here recently and honestly you guys are impressive as hell writers, nothing but respect

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

we could lunch Tommy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Hey guys sorry I haven’t been engaged. I’ll have more time this afternoon/evening

I'd vote binus too I guess

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

Usually I'm all for a spiral off surprise lurker vote at the en of day one, but all our lurkers have some kind of out I want to see develop (mag's claim, Hal's replacement, binus's humility)

now do Tommu

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

Tommu has like twice the number of posts you do

and yet debatably less relevant comments!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

Who will be around tonight? I won’t be around for the deadline but I’ll be here up to 2-3 hours before.

I'll be here all day presumably, I'd vote jumpking hurr

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wait why, just for xopods reasons?

this post

Jump King posted:

I think it's really got to be xopods or ypm now. Everything else wouldn't resolve the tension of the day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

If it helps, I feel like its gotta be those two because they're the only two that I feel comfortable voting for. I've basically ruled out voting most other players right now and I'm not interested in a late day swing onto somebody I don't know much about. That's what I'm saying there.

what do you know about xopods and ypm?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

or do you mean "don't know anything about" like Jed, the only unknown variable here?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well they are the only two people that anyone has put any real effort into casing so far (if you can call it that). But you are right, there are 9 hours so there is still time for someone else to come up and then after that for us to all change again in the last 30 minutes and JK could have tried to case someone instead of making this some binary thing. Hmmmm, chill time is over I guess

yeah maybe if this was a different game with a different posting style I'd think that post is fine, but to pick ypm and xopods (for reasons I cannot discern) as the only two real candidates when barely anyone has said anything of merit today just feels like trying to push a false binary

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

alphabetically they are last in most games that zzyzx or yuming are not playing in

Hal is spitting absolute, objective truth

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote JumpKing I think

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote ypm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey now you haven't really even mentioned ypm have you? That last post really scummy for you?

Having read back I still am not clear what started the YPM thing. Grandi accuses them of not really engaging with the toal-grandi whatever where toal is acting like they are confirmed which I guess sorta but not much to really go with there. I guess YPM could have committed harder to saying if it was scummy

YPM gets kind of hung up defending themselves instead of casing for a while but the defense seems solid, then finally the xopods vote but still not a lot of casing. Which, yeah, they should be doing more but so should everyone else in the game lets be real. I feel neutral on ypm, but at least he'd be informational. I think xopods still looks scummier. Sandwolf has moved his vote around a lot lately too, that's sort of pinging me.

NLK is playing their reckless townie game (at least AA's town game), everyone else is still chill

my vote on ypm is to test this point made by JK:

Jump King posted:

I've been really hesitant to vote on xopods because the vote seemed like it picked up a lot of momentum quickly, where as the ypm train seemed to have a similar size of chatter but resisted actually getting votes. This type of read is always really hard to make while the game is happening so I'm not placing a ton on it, but it's always easier to vote out town than scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hal what is this post there’s approximately a billion hedge terms

Hal is almost certainly scum but he's a cool guy and I don't want to vote him today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

Can we let xopods claim and bminus post their thoughts before hammering

we'd have to wait until the heat death of the universe for binus' reads

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

He’ll be around this afternoon and evening. We gave him a pass earlier for what was a very sincere looking town claim, but I would really like to get their thoughts so we can better evaluate him once we see the flip

oh you sweet summer child

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I agree with Grandi

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think JK is a better lunch today though,

##vote Jump King

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommu posted:

agree both seem scummy but Jump king feels more...scummy?

##vote Jump King

T-Tommu?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommu posted:

i had really bad shits this morning and it clearly spelt out "Jump King" when i looked down into the bowl.

look I’m not the kind of man to balk at simple augurs such as this