Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We had our first one open up not too long ago and tried it out twice now. They easily give you the most chicken out of anyone. Three of those fuckers is like getting 8 tenders at Popeyes. It's nuts. The chicken itself is high quality, nice and juicy and not overdone, but the breading reminds me of Chick-fil-A. Which is just zero seasoning and bland as hell. When you bite into KFC you know it's KFC. When you bite into Popeyes, you know it's Popeyes. They have signature flavorings. You bite into Canes or Chick-fil-A you'd probably be hard pressed to figure out which is which.

Which leads to the sauce.

Everything they're selling is a transport for getting the sauce into your system. I think it's simply OK. It's not super amazing, and it's not bad. I enjoyed my meals both times and easily felt I got my moneys worth, which is pretty rare these days.

My go to is still Popeyes by quite a bit, but Canes aint bad overall if you just want to hog out on some sauce with a huge juicy pile of chicken.

Heres a disgusting mukbang. Im so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOpJ_rfR4w

Philthy fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oakland just had one open up. I didn't think I'd ever see another fast food restaurant with lines like In-N-Out's.

I'm not wasting gas sitting in the drive-thru line with it still being above $5 a gallon, and I'm not parking my car there so tweakers can smash out my windows to steal my clothes out of my car while I'm standing in line, so I'mma wait for the hype to die down.

Once the rush dies down, what's good to get, aside from the sauce?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oakland just had one open up. I didn't think I'd ever see another fast food restaurant with lines like In-N-Out's.

I'm not wasting gas sitting in the drive-thru line with it still being above $5 a gallon, and I'm not parking my car there so tweakers can smash out my windows to steal my clothes out of my car while I'm standing in line, so I'mma wait for the hype to die down.

they have chicken fingers and fries. that's what you get there. eat them in the restaurant or like immediately in your car-they dont travel well imo.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yep, the only real option on the menu is the sandwich. Which is just 3 tenders, the sauce and some lettuce on a bun.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
wife and i split the 4 tender combo last night w/ an extra bread n drink added

was good and we still had leftover food

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

they have chicken fingers and fries. that's what you get there. eat them in the restaurant or like immediately in your car-they dont travel well imo.

Yeah they have chicken fingers, fries, texas toast (which usually comes out just like barely warm thick white bread in my experience but I've only been there a few times), coleslaw, and their sauce which is the big draw (it's really good but I don't think it's mind blowing). They can make that stuff into a sandwich by slapping it on a bun if you want. Also, I guess drinks which other than soda they claim to be proud of their signature lemonade and sweet tea though I've never had either, maybe someone has an opinion.

That's it, that's the whole menu, full stop. The only decisions are "how much" and if you want to substitute something, like your bread for more sauce or whatever. It's a place for some respectable chicken fingers to put their special sauce on.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
ask for the toast buttered on both sides and it's far better since they only toast it on the one half otherwise

their drinks are all good because they have The Good Ice

good chicken tendies

their fries are godawful and people who like coleslaw will never know the warmth of god's embrace

they're cowards who will not make a spicy chicken or a more interesting sauce

their mascot is a dead dog yet they do not serve dog fingers

raising canes is a land of contrasts

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Oh lord yes their fries are loving awful. Like they're on a four minute timer and get pulled at two minutes every time. Making fries with even the slightest semblance of crisp shouldn't be hard.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The fries are literally grade school cafeteria grade and while the tenders are really good quality wise, they're insanely bland.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The other day some of my coworkers were talking about going to Modesto just to go to a Raising Cane's. That's a 2.5 hour drive.

I work with idiots.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

It's sort of sad to think that a place that has one single entre and three basic sides on their menu total manages to have three poor to mediocre at best sides, and a decent quality but bland entre and the only thing that saves any of it flavor wise is the sauce.

I hear that "I gave you one thing to do, just one thing..." voice in my head. I guess they decided the sauce was the one thing, but you would think they would up their chicken tender game since that's all they offer.

They try to pull that "keeping it real and unchanged just like the original way we always have" card and that's fine if it's some lightning in a bottle type of recipe, but instead to me it feels like "people are going to buy this stuff anyways so why bother making it better, let the sauce do the heavy lifting".

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fartington Butts posted:

The other day some of my coworkers were talking about going to Modesto just to go to a Raising Cane's. That's a 2.5 hour drive.

I work with idiots.

There is no reason to go to Modesto, much less for some fuckin chicken tenders

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

by the way the answer to my riddle is that you just get the tendies

but then you break out the Popeyes blackened ranch and or Wendy’s ghost pepper ranch that you’ve been hoarding for just this moment

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

If you're not going to use their sauce there's literally zero reason to go to Cane's.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Nikumatic posted:

by the way the answer to my riddle is that you just get the tendies

but then you break out the Popeyes blackened ranch and or Wendy’s ghost pepper ranch that you’ve been hoarding for just this moment

But the popeyes tendies are better. I think Cane's is a worse case of internet hype than in and out burger. At least they have a cheap price point to go with their mediocre food.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i think for many people the blandness is the attraction. thew promise of rasin canes is you will never ever have to worry about accidentally tasting a spice if you go there

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i like caine's fries fine. maybe mine cooks them longer or somethin. they are nothing more than a sauce delivery vehicle.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

But the popeyes tendies are better. I think Cane's is a worse case of internet hype than in and out burger. At least they have a cheap price point to go with their mediocre food.

Spicy Popeyes tendies are way better but they don’t do half and half and SOME people in this household demand mild only

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

If you live below the Mason-Dixon line, there's at least a dozen Cane's clones that do tendies better (Zaxby's, Bojangles, PDQ, Guthrie's, etc)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

poo poo, Tyson frozen tenders

----------------

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

I work with idiots.

I like Cane's just fine but at least half a dozen times in the past year, friends and acquaintances have used the existence of a Cane's nearby as an excuse to travel somewhere. Like, fast food chain as tourist destination. That is something I absolutely cannot and will never understand.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My fast food chicken finger experience isn't huge; here, gunthries, Popeyes. By far the worst. Easily not woth the calories used eating. Imho a frozen Aldi or Tyson or probably any frozen product is better. It's so bad you should just make your own.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The fries at my location have been fine. The tenders are always breaded really well, and at least have a little seasoning on their own. But, yes, the sauce is what you're there for. In comparison, Chick-Fil-A here has zero seasoning in their breading, so it's even worse. But, again, it's about the honey mustard sauce. The fact you have to fight your way through the hoard of karens to get anything just makes it a miserable experience.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

amaguri posted:

I like Cane's just fine but at least half a dozen times in the past year, friends and acquaintances have used the existence of a Cane's nearby as an excuse to travel somewhere. Like, fast food chain as tourist destination. That is something I absolutely cannot and will never understand.

Since the start of COVID I've gone on a few mini trips where I didn't do anything but get some Portillos while masked from the drive-thru and then turn around, but it was less about the Portillos and more about finding something to do for a few hours that had just that commitment of a few hours and no more.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Since the start of COVID I've gone on a few mini trips where I didn't do anything but get some Portillos while masked from the drive-thru and then turn around, but it was less about the Portillos and more about finding something to do for a few hours that had just that commitment of a few hours and no more.

Is it the lack of drive thru that kept you from visiting Teds instead? That’s my hot dog of choice in Phoenix

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

amaguri posted:

People wait hours in line for what is essentially Mcdonald's-tier food because a new hyped regional fast food restaurant opens in their area (Cane's, In-N-Out, Jollibee, etc) even though they could spend a couple bucks more and save time at a better restaurant. We will see the same thing when Whataburger and Portillo's start expanding.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

halokiller posted:

People wait hours in line for what is essentially Mcdonald's-tier food because a new hyped regional fast food restaurant opens in their area (Cane's, In-N-Out, Jollibee, etc) even though they could spend a couple bucks more and save time at a better restaurant. We will see the same thing when Whataburger and Portillo's start expanding.

It doesn't even have to be that. I live a pretty much equidistant between two Wendy's, about 8-9 miles.

Well, there's a Wendy's going in in-between them, about 2 miles from where I sit. I can't wait for it to open and the line to spill out into the highway for a month.

I'll wait for it to calm down, but I'll admit to greatly looking forward to it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Is it the lack of drive thru that kept you from visiting Teds instead? That’s my hot dog of choice in Phoenix

Are they open late? A friend and I were to go to one once after a movie, but it ended up it was closed, so we went to burger king instead. He did not regularly eat fast food chains so it was amusing to see his reaction to eating at a Bad Burger King.

For me Portillos main jam is the roast beef croissant, although I do like their hot dogs and their ribs. The spaghetti is "okay."

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 27, 2022

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Do you guys know that Raising Cane's has honey mustard sauce available?

It is without question the absolute worst, runniest, watered-down honey mustard I have ever seen. It has the consistency of salad oil or Italian dressing, which might make for an OK salad dressing I guess, but is awful for a dip. I'm convinced that they deliberately chose to have the worst honey mustard ever as an option in order to make sure nothing overshadows THE SAUCE.

Even given all this, I used to ask for it because I've never really cared for THE SAUCE, but I eventually gave up because the average fry cook couldn't seem to register the possibility that someone might want something other than THE SAUCE. Ninety percent of my orders still came with THE SAUCE because "What? Someone didn't order THE SAUCE? That must be a mistake! Surely they meant to order THE SAUCE! Give them THE SAUCE THE SAUCE THE SAUCE!!!"

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just had one open in town...it was a big spectacle first week or two lines down the street. Now its no line whatsoever so took the kids. I had seen many youtube videos so I was ready to be blown away but...it was ok. If you've had Zaxby's sauce which we have had in town for like 10 years then its not revolutionary. The food was good but just did not live up to the hype. If my oldest kid wants to ever go back sure, she liked the sandwich but I won't be going out of my way to suggest it.

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the real reason to go to Cane's
https://twitter.com/angelmendoza___/status/1563210466712662019?s=20&t=_VhVsf-lYIM8uJsb204OKw

----------------

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
They are putting one of these near me, in northern Maryland. I thought this was a southern chain? I've been to a Zaxby's once years ago. Is it pretty similar?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

They are building one near me over the remains of a Chinese seafood buffet..I'm in California

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

They are building one near me over the remains of a Chinese seafood buffet..I'm in California

Do you consider that to be an upgrade or a downgrade

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you consider that to be an upgrade or a downgrade

I'm not sure. I've never been to Raising Canes but Chinese seafood buffets are a dime a dozen in my area too

----------------

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Secret tip for eating canes: when they ask if you want ketchup, say you want hot sauce. They will give you a few packets of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Mix 1-2 packs into your cane's sauce and stir with the least-soggy fry.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Friend posted:

Secret tip for eating canes: when they ask if you want ketchup, say you want hot sauce. They will give you a few packets of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Mix 1-2 packs into your cane's sauce and stir with the least-soggy fry.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

went for the first time. a 6 strip combo is $20. 2/10, not going back

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's nuts lmao

----------------