Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
maybe I'll kill the cult leader this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Would justice and liberty win the day? Or would tyranny and murder? Only time would tell...

it's a mafia game so i'm pretty sure it's going to be mostly the murder bit

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

can we have words for how soda asked for flavor

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

MisterJed posted:

Hello, I also don’t understand this sentence, what do you mean here?

because

it's soda

stop reading to deep in my bullshit

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nice

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

honestly I pop in here and my eyes keep glazing over so I'm skimming real hard.

Sandwolf posted:

HELLO I AM HERE TO PLAY GAME

I think Hawke (Hawke is birb, yes?) has been scummy here. The "someone tell me this is scummy so I can vote it" post makes me uneasy and I don't think they've said anything since that has made me feel better. Won't vote yet, though. I did think the weird attempt to pivot to binus was kinda weird.

And I'm seeing in the preview window Jed! is making a similar post so just read his instead.

generating content (in general) on d1 is weird and I don't think any one thing is inherently scummy from that, short of a total ~~~flavor~~~ scumslip (which isn't real)

we all know it's just generating reads on each other and see who is vaguely grouping up for when the flips actually happen later, anyway

xopods posted:

Since she's been around enough that it's not apathy lurking. And she's been pushing small amounts of shade here and there but not in a sufficiently aggressive way that she's likely to be held accountable for any of it later. Last three posts for instance:

like the last day or two idk it's all a blur was arguments about flavor and hawke posting

as someone soft lurking i blame no one for lurking.

until the final day anyway.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

also god drat there's twenty one people here

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

there's no lurker rule

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

gamers only real post on game so far. it reads

oh no hard to read
non comment
non comment
its a blur w flavour and hawke
lets not worry about lurking for now

seems bad would vote

my power is to be a light poster for day 1 and 2, usually getting lynched as an easy vote and then rolling out day three and on

also being tired and quarantine e-friends tugging me into tabletop simulator games, there's a lot of red dragon inn going about. bit of blood rage, too. smallworld sucks, do not bother.

+1ing the case on cheese, I can see it. as much as anything on d1 obv.

chaoslord posted:

Oh also, nice cat and dog, soda and hawke.

Re: Spoonsy, just seems like a lurker case, doesn't really jump out to me. Like, Soda, you're right, could be scum coasting, but a four day D1 over a weekend can have that lower participation, gosh knows I wasn't around most of the weekend myself. They've posted already today so we'll see what comes from that.

re: sandnavyguy, I can see what xopods and Token Female are saying, and I'll keep that in mind for later, but strikes me as first game awkwardness rather than scum play

that said cl, the case you have on cheese is all you've done this entire game (pot, kettle) do you have any other reads on the other 18 players in this?

yuming posted:

I agree on both those points. I think sand guy comes off as More New Than Scum!

yea maybe. they'll hang themselves getting wires crossed on later days, so I think we should table sand guy casing for a day or two and cross reference his casing and thoughts

ez net

i don't want to lynch someone from a ecco game over having a thoughtful (or at least whitenoisey enough) vote on d1 lmao

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

eight hours btw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i feel cheese

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Is this just because of the power of gamers post?

I am very strong.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##vote cheese sandwich

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

merk posted:

Lol I’m sorry. You’re either town or scum who was just coached to make a big response to me to look townie. I don’t believe the latter happens very often.

to be nominally fair he got coached in thread a bit

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

?? why did everyone swerve off spoonsman with this post? it doesn't read town to me in this context.

why are you assuming

the spoony vote didn't seem very enthused in the first place don't assume some grand thread zeitgeist

that would be a scum push. . .

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

xopods posted:

FWIW this guy has also been low-key pinging me and here he comes too to defend Spoonsy and the sudden out-of-nowhere Ixt votes.

Basically, there seem to be a whole lot of people who appear to care more about it not being Spoonsy than about it being anyone else in particular.

i am playing defenseman for everyone

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##unvote
##vote spoons

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

why does the scum/thirds just go for lurkers d1 everytime

smh cowards

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

you’re projecting ##vote gamer

c o w a r d s

yuming has bounced from lurker case to lurker case and it seems like scum play because they’re easy votes

so has a lot of people

it's in the morning so I am not going to deep dive to check but I am pretty sure anyone not voting spoons or you is inherently a pretty cheap lurker vote case

cuz it was loving d1

xopods posted:

Agreed. Yuming is one of my favorite people in this community, and she's a great Town player. However, she doesn't enjoy lying as much as she enjoys catching liars and has a hard time faking cases as Scum, so she tends to gravitate towards easier ones and reduces her overall posting. Which is probably what's happening here.

I don't like this post. Mostly because it meta-psychoanalyzes and I personally don't know if it's true by experience, so it's an easy lie to get away with and influence.

on the flipside I would think scum xop would throw it down closer to deadline to seal the deal

Pinterest Mom posted:

We were, and I regret that he's not alive to confirm this, confirmed town masons

i feel there's a pretty good chance cuz it's f u n that it wasn't confirmed town and the death message does imply betrayal. . .

but that's a flavor argument.

Toalpaz posted:

There are those in town who spin tales to as a bard or a novelist might to earn bread. It is of them who I refer to.

There is a fox in the chicken coop.

:siren: There is a fox in the chicken coop. :siren:

More to follow. Open your ears.

:thunk:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

sandnavyguy posted:

Well I guess my hemming and hawing on whether to vote spoonsy was moot :(

pings, feels false and awh shucks look at me, I didn't entirely think they were scum

sandnavyguy posted:

What is the emerald all about?

it's the stuff of dreams

sandnavyguy posted:

not only is it frustrating we lost three, but the players themselves were mostly lurkers and vanilla, so that doesn’t exactly help our case. But if anything I’m more reasonably certain that I was wrong before and PMom is town. Everyone else who responded when I asked earlier was pretty neutral or slight town, but Fisk was a dead set they were town. It was in a joking manner, but being Mason I wonder if they were crumbing a bit? Thoughts?

hmm

pushes the narrative of pmom confirmed town, which pmom goes with. scum buddies? no one has contradicted the claim (yet) but the role doesn't confirm a confirm town either

Somberbrero posted:

'Aw shucks' post and did nothing yesterday. Like almost actually nothing. Voted NL and deliberately said they would not vote Spoonsy, proposing no alternate candidate.

Somberbrero posted:

i would say that it's probably not worth focusing too much on this. do you have any thoughts on binus?

navy does the same post and somb in general hasn't posted anything about navy except this quote to push towards binus despite being a potential legal councillary target D1.

together, somb, pmon and sand feel like a scum groupie to me.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

xopods posted:

Agreed. Yuming is one of my favorite people in this community, and she's a great Town player. However, she doesn't enjoy lying as much as she enjoys catching liars and has a hard time faking cases as Scum, so she tends to gravitate towards easier ones and reduces her overall posting. Which is probably what's happening here.

Token Female posted:

I think that Yuming making only one case yesterday and it basically was this person is lurking and says that they have finals right about now. Maybe it's meta, but I expect more from Yuming. Yuming as town is active and posting cases and scum hunting. Yuming as scum lacks the passion for casing because she knows that it is manufactured, and she has a tough time with it.

either this is true or someone set in a catch phrase in scumchat

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

technically the town government are the ducalists who are the scum team. . .

take him down gang

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's well known yuming meta

this is not helping things

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the mason role isn't inherently town

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

xopods posted:

Yes, but confirmed masons are a thing, and they don't generally say "confirmed" or "unconfirmed" in the flip, and in this case the flipped Town Mason had breadcrumbed that Pmom is Town.

the breadcrumb of fisk thinking pmom was town in thread? that isn't much, esp not much for several people to jump on the "YEP PMOM 100% TOWN" wagon.

I am not going to vote her today outside of something weird afoot happening later but this whole scenario feels

fishy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

MisterJed posted:

There’s a lot of chitchat and weird posting in this game

it is the nature of a party game

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gamer. “oh no we lost multiple towns” at day start is performative scumminess

Gamerofthegame posted:

why does the scum/thirds just go for lurkers d1 everytime

smh cowards

what

i think you have me mistaken for SNG

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

You don't feel that maybe the reaction was a little over the top?

it looks like someone genuinely having a bad moment and then you, for some reason, choosing to jump and antagonize them and weirdly everyone calling out Ixi for it instead of you

weird.

Token Female posted:

Oh, when I was looking at the end of Day1 votes knowing that both Spoonsy and Cheese were town. I imagine that scum would be happy with either getting voted out, and could sit back. I omitted that there was a slight push for Ixilton from yuming and Pmom. I think this resistance to it is of note:

xopods feels bad to me

they haven't actually done much this game other then push on spoonsy (and then throw shade at people who didn't)

jumps on the cheese sandwich bandwagon after a push gets going with a pretty lame evaluation vote, then tunnels on spoonsy. today after doing back and forth with me re:confirmed mason the tunneling is on yuming with a case of

xopods posted:

xopods posted:

My case on yuming doesn't depend on meta, the meta just makes me more confident because I've had success reading her in the past.

yea sure pal!!

reeks of pretty low effort casing and just latching onto things, not town actively making arguments and hunting for scum

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

merk pls don't post the same exact thing with me don't add me to your scumbro companion list

Atomic Soda posted:

i don't think so, thought be good to have flip though. actually wouldn't mind to hold onto it tbh don't exactly trust my reads atm

it's from an ability I kinda doubt it'd stay

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I don't know, I feel like merk is off this game.

Merk, Yuming, and Somber are pinging me so hard. I can't stop thinking about how Somber usually communicates very differently imo, and a lot of his communication this game seems to be very geared towards commenting on other people.

I'm scared because it feels like a lot of players that I don't trust are working hard to get other people to post reads on specific players and controlling the conversation.

I'm posting now to get this opinion in b4 the Ixl flip for what it's worth.

what about xos?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

a wise life choice

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

a thought: assuming the pearl necklace is a third party objective toal will probably get shanked by the SK in the night

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

There are those in town who spin tales to as a bard or a novelist might to earn bread. It is of them who I refer to.

There is a fox in the chicken coop.

:siren: There is a fox in the chicken coop. :siren:

More to follow. Open your ears.

Toalpaz posted:

Folks. Whats our faction again? Can you all post one word describing our faction for me as a content game.

Toalpaz posted:

All of the relevant parties know exactly what they need to. I expect company at about midnight. More then.

with that in mind what's all this about

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Jed what do you think this kind of speculation

adds to the game.

I think it distracts from finding the bad folks, and I would vote gamer.

do you disagree?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

xopods posted:

The case on Gamerofthegame

Of the three, GotG is probably the least bad, considering just this portion of the game. The worst I can say about that is that he's testing the waters by saying "i feel cheese" then jumping in as the fourth vote after me and Jed get the wagon going for him.

I will say I was on board chaos's case of cheese when he first made it

I just still felt cheese over spoonsy near the end

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

yeah and I think “find the 3P” only benefits scum

how does that mean find the 3p

if a 3p has a wincon (and murdermeans) they're going to go after the pearl necklace

it doesn't matter what alignment toal is on.

if he survives n2 then we can vote him off then but it seems unnecessary right now when the possibility is there. it's more time efficient for our days.

if you think toal is scum that's fine (tbh I forget if I do or not right now) but there's what, four or five other scum in a twenty one player game? if alternatives exist that's better

unless ofc it's you who needs the necklace

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

xopods feels bad to me

im going to put my vote on xo for now

##vote xopods

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

gamer speculating about the necklace is game related content that does nothing to advance scumhunting in any way and is scummy

I can do other things at once

not much posting has happened between HMMs get the heck out of here

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Token Female posted:

I don't think Ixtlilton has any intention of helping the town find scum, and I would like to still be productive with the day.

IN THE NAMES OF THE DIVINE, LOVE, DEATH, AND WISDOM, AND BEFORE YOU ALL IN THE COURT OF OUR FELLOW MEN, I, HEREBY SENTENCE Ixtlilton TO DEATH.

is there a secret cult in this ecco game too

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wait how's this look bad to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

xopods posted:

Just to highlight the part of my case on gamer that is particularly relevant now that we've seen the flip.

why would I paint a push against my hypothetical scumbro as not scummy

that's a weird reaction