Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

Has anyone been having success with Libram Paladin? I've been running it in wild and I'm pretty sure i'm going to hit at least platinum 10. I don't even necessarily feel like it's a GOOD deck, but I've been able to deal with a fair amount of decks by just throwing, at a minimum, 2/2 recruits at things for board control.

### Liadrin's Librams
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Glow-Tron
# 1x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 1x (2) Subdue
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Hope's End
#
AAEBAYsWBqcF6awCipoDlqwDlrYDhMEDDNwDjwmIxwLW/gKQrgONtgPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's not even fine-tuned. I just took the recipe and replaced some stuff to have early game and a bit of draw.
Pure libram paladin in standard has been good for me. I even outvalued a rez priest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Normally the single player stuff comes out sooner, it's been longer than normal probably due to the Corona virus

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Promoted Pawn posted:

Perhaps, but I don’t play BG that much now anyway since I’m terrible at it and can’t meaningfully push past 6K. The “feelbad” that would come with such a development would just be the thing that pushes me off the ledge I’m already teetering over.

Kina makes me sad that even "professional" players like Kripp use 3rd party add ons in Battlegrounds and Arena. Deck trackers in the main game mode I also think are dubious.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I know Maev Shadowsong is a staple in a lot of decks but i guess I don’t really understand what she does. Is she just a temporary 2-turn removal, or does making something dormant make its battlecry trigger again when it wakes up?

Is it really a staple though? I rarely have it played against me and dont have it in any of my decks. It's certainly not a zilliax.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Cool new undocumented feature:

Tried to reroll a quest, nothing happened.
Backed out of the quest overview and opened it again - the quest I wanted to reroll was *poof* gone.

Restarting the client did not bring it back.

So, word of warning, don't reroll your quests.

There is a warning in the launcher about this now

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

DNK posted:

Rattlegore would be sick with my stall warrior running Dimensional Rippers. It desperately needs some kind of value / kill threat combo, and that’d do it.

Rattlegore is good but I think the one that Summons 2 33s every turn is even better

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Looks like we are getting a poo poo ton of cards every day for the next week from tomorrow

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Quetzadilla posted:

What's the optimal quest rerolling strat now? Seems like rerolling a 60 always gives a 50 which can then theoretically be rerolled again for something better but is unlikely, meanwhile it's taken 2 days to reroll it.

Just do the loving quest. All the dicking around you do to try to only do 60 quests is not worth it. Play some games, make up the 10g in wins.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

RatHat posted:

Pretty solid.

Alright I guess? There's probably some combo potential with this since the Spellburst is regained when you play it again.
EDIT: Could be good in Libram Paladin since you could get 2 pings a turn(if you have your Librams).

You would lose your libram unless you were casting it on something else. I don't know what you would give up in libram pally for a couple of pings and chappy 1 1 bodies

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I'm sure they are very aware of the potential combo, just like they were aware of the potential for infinite fireballs when they made cards that let mages duplicate apprentices. The infinite lightning bolts is less likely

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

RatHat posted:

A reminder that the final card reveal stream is tomorrow, July 29th, at 1 PM ET with Kripp and Alec Dawson. The only unrevealed legendary is the Priest one but there’s still half the set to show off.

I hope they told kripp to actually interact and talk about the new cards this time instead of playing to win

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Kripp and Kibler are the only two streamers who really fit in with the vibe of the reveal streams, can instantly talk about possibilities of a card immediately after seeing it, and can be counted on to be professional. I guess Trump could fit the bill, but he is barely a streamer these days, let alone a Hearthstone streamer. Allie is fine, but she can't just go off on a tangent theorycrafting.

Only Kripp an Kibler is a bit of a stretch. Off the top of my head Regis Kilbin and Dekkster would be so much better than Kripp. Trump would be a disaster.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

RatHat posted:

Hosted a local Fireside gathering to open my packs, was easier than I thought it'd be. Got Golden Professor Slate(from my golden packs), Golden Jandice Barov(from regular packs), Star Student Selina, Speaker Gidra, Turalyon, Willow, Sphere of Sapiance, and Kel'thuzad. 8 legendaries in 90 packs is pretty good. I'll at least try out Jandice since I got her as golden.

By the way I didn't realize until now that you can open your packs with just spacebar. I knew you could actually open the packs with it but I thought you still needed the mouse to flip the cards.

You get better legendary odds if you use the mouse and wiggle the pack first, then open the cards in a specific order

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

RatHat posted:

The problem is it's in Priest, which isn't getting any other amazing cards.

Dunno. A tempo style buff priest looked pretty good from the previews the steamers were doing

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Tried a Quest Druid deck with Runic Carvings, and it worked surprisingly well in the one game I played where I outvalued a priest. It turns out that if you play Runic Carvings on an empty board after you've activated the Osiran Tear, then you'll summon 4 regular treant totems and then 3 treant totems with rush. I thought it would be just 4 treant totems with rush based on the wording, but it's two separate effects. You get overloaded 2, I presume even if you have 3 or more minions on the board and can't summon any with rush... they should, in keeping with the spirit of optimizing Choose One cards to give you the effects in the best order, reverse this unless they remove overload if you don't put any rush ones on the board.

I found a bug with runic carvings.
I had the hunter side quest summon 3 rush minions off of a trick totem. Used runic carvings to summon totems with rush and they didn't trigger the quest. Normally rush minions from spells work for that side quest.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Darkglare nerf is so weird since that deck wasn't even crushingly good or anything.

Apparently its more of a problem in wild

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Does anyone have any Shaman decks that are fun and can get around a 40% win rate? I love Shaman and am close to a golden one, so I'm hoping to ride the bonus stars with it to Diamond and a gold hero. Don't care if it's great, just as long as it's fun and hits over 35%.

Edit: Looking to use something more intricate than Totem Shaman, and I have all Shaman legendaries except Vashj.

Kibler has been uploading games of a midrange dragon shaman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMcvFBkdq20
There are various versions of battlecry quest floating about, highlander and normal

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Jaina being voiced by Laura Bailey threw me off for a second.

I was like ... Wait, what's Abby from The Last of us 2 doing here?

Also every female video game character from the last 18 years.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Well that single player thing was poo poo. So we are going to get one of those each expansion for the next 2 years?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Blooming Brilliant posted:

10 mana 1/1, don't miss that as well.

This is all wacky and dumb but I love it :allears:

Also new old gods: C'thun is "Start of Game, break C'thun into four pieces (powerful 5 mana spells). Play all four spells to add C'thun to your hand (basically a 30/30 regular C'thun)."

Y'shaarj: "Add all copies of Corrupted cards you played this game to your hand. They cost (0)"

N'zoth: "Resummon friendly minions for every tribe (Beast, Murloc, Pirate etc.) that died this game."

Also the Yogg Rod of Roasting effect has a 5% chance of happening, so it's the least likely to happen.

RegisKilbin review of the cards said that after you play all 4 Cthun spells he is shuffled into your deck not your hand.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

honestly Duels should be right up my alley as a insane super-random-fest but I'm not too wild about having to pay per game, hopefully the rewards are reasonable enough

I would expect the Duel rewards to be the same as Arena, given that they share tickets and it's the same play until you win 12 times or lose 3 times.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jeza posted:

So I have to pre-purchase packs in order to play EA Duels? Welp, hard pass. Should at least have let people play Casual to try it out or offered it as a side-cost. Literally no interest in forking out for packs.

To play now before it fully launches yes.
When the expansion comes out everyone can play it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jeza posted:

Why is there a "progression and rewards revamp" date set? Does that literally exist so they can head off criticism of the rewards system off at the pass by or what? If so, that's pretty smart/funny. Otherwise why not release it with the revamped system if you already know what the revamp is going to be??

What? I cannot understand what you are trying to say, it makes no sense.
There is a date for the progression and rewards revamp because that is the date it goes live.
All of the details are here - https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/news/23534414/revamping-progression-and-rewards-in-hearthstone

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

Arena, a mode where you get an incredibly different draft than everyone else, is just as unbalanced.

I think Duel's totally fine at the moment, looking forward to seeing what a ticket costs.

Same as Arena, there is one ticket that you can use to enter either mode.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

A good video on just how bad the new reward system is/how much more expensive HS got this expansion. Absolutely agree with every point in this video and if they don't change anything by the time the mid expansion cards drop, I'm definitely through with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB2_16ZxV_0

Giving Blizz the benefit of the doubt, maybe there is something screwy with the code that assigns XP for playing the game? Even a cynically designed uber grindy battlepass thing wouldn't be set up to award like 100xp an hour. But then also Blizzard.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Beasteh posted:

they will never do this because it would make them less money

There wasn't a pity timer or dupe protection originally, so pretty bold to say never

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ah, well, one thing I *have* noticed that never used to be the case a year or more ago is that golden legendaries don't preclude you from getting a non-gold copy of said legendary, so buying packs when you have ~just one more~ doesn't mean you're guaranteed that one last legendary you need, you'll likely end up with a non-gold copy of a golden legendary you already have. Leave it to Blizzard to make those gifted golden legendaries in the pre-order packs a liability.

Pull-wise, I got rather lucky:

Golden Legendary: Greybough
Regular Legendary: Rinling's Rifle

148 packs:

147: Kiri, Chosen of Elune (Golden)
146: Tenwu of the Red Smoke
131: G'huun the Blood God
98: Sayge, Seer of Darkmoon
94: Grand Empress Shek'zara
77: Ringmaster Whatley
42: Deck of Chaos
35: Deck of Lunacy
20: Grand Totem Eys'or

Golden Packs:
5: 4xC, Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
4: 4xC, 1xR
3: 4xC, 1xR
2: 4xC, 1xR
1: 4xC, 1xR
Pretty sure you are wrong about golden legendaries not counting towards dupes also

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Toshimo posted:

I mean, it looks like they just straight copied Arena awards, which are known:

Is this surprising considering they share the buy in resource/cost and have the same end condition (3 losses/12 wins)?

Acerbatus posted:

I'm guessing someone galaxy brained and it's 50 "Corrupt" cards and not 50 "Corrupted cards"

Yeah this is obviously a bug

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

nothing about my years of playing Hearthstone suggests that Blizzard are even remotely capable of implementing the kinds of systems he's talking about

There have been multiple posters in this and the bitching thread over the years that are convinced that the matchmaker analyses your deck and puts you against unfavourable matchups.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Ugggh I have that awful "Play 50 Corrupt cards" quest, i'm going to have to build some poo poo deck and burn through it.

Why not just reroll it?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

They all look like good changes to me.
Annoying they didn't mention xp gain for anything out of quests though. There is still nothing at all in game that shows how much xp you get after playing a game, so it feels like you are earning nothing. I would bet a large chunk of people simply stop playing as soon as they have no active quests.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Beasteh posted:

Okay I'll bite: what leaks?

Look up, its discussed over the few dozen posts

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Uh Prime Legendaries??!

yeah, one of the key mechanics in Ashes of Outland
https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ashes_of_Outland#Prime_Legendaries

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I liked Arfus.
Fitted well in a deathrattle hunter deck I had at the time.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Olpainless posted:

If you've got a deck that can survive it (and it's possible in a few ways - it only deals 60 damage so you CAN armour beyond it, Evasion neuters it completely, minion destruction effects such as Convincing Infiltrator can possibly kill the tiller, Ice Block stops it but leaves you very precarious) then quit and reload.

But this deck should be a giant screaming message to Blizzard that they need to sort turn-timer poo poo out. Seriously though, SOMETHING is gonna need fixing on this quickly or this deck is gonna turn wild into a wasteland of this deck and hyperaggro and nothing else.

I really can't believe that something as simple as "Start turn timer for player at the point their turn starts" is still a problem and/or low priority for them to fix

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Annnnd that's Legendary with Duel Paladin. Honestly as long as you can avoid the Tickitus Warlock matchup it felt pretty loving great.

yeah duel paladin feels really good again.
I've experimented with slotting in Keymaster Alabaster - it's a bit greedy, but it has the health to survive like most of the big boys so is fine however it is pulled from the deck, and if you do manage to get it to stick it can produce some hilarious results.
Has the added bonus of a thing your opponent HAS to remove ASAP, so can force them to make some suboptimal plays and normal minion stall tactics like freeze or taunts don't work.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 24, 2021

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

the divisions are bronze > silver > gold > platinum > diamond > legend. no clue on the population of each

You can't lose ranks in bronze, so as long as you get some wins you will always make it to silver.
So for active players it would probably be lowest bronze, highest silver, then decreasing populations through the other ranks.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
God I hate the start of ladder reset.
I primarily play in my lunch break, get in about 4-5 games a day.
Not won a single game since reset :(

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Olpainless posted:

The amount of people who just do not understand Illucia is remarkable. As demonstrated hilariously in Kibler's most recent video.

I don't think that was a misplay, as funny as it was.
The priest was totally on the back foot, Kibler just said before that he had the game in the bag. It was a hell Mary play to try to vomit out discounted primes from kiblers hand to force the deathwing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Blooming Brilliant posted:

"Hmmm I'm losing, better discard my hand, destroy my board, and give my opponent a 12/12" is a heck of a take.

Or concede. I often just do something silly if I know I'm going to lose anyway