Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Promoted Pawn posted:

since we have 2 threads at the moment, crossposting my last post:

HS Replay has Murloc Paladin as the best deck in the meta, for what that’s worth.

Sadly, ever since the rank rework and the subsequent HSreplay filter update, the free data from HS Replay is basically meaningless, as it covers only Bronze through Gold games.

If it says the same winrates for Diamond-4 to high legend then I'd look into it further, but otherwise my 10-set with the deck was basically praying for the perfect curve or that the opponent didn't do anything, but in a worse way than traditional zoo-esque decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

oblig :10bux:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Spell Druid update version 25: Due to the current meta where there's a mix of crazy people are still jamming aggro Demon Hunter, luckboxing with Rogue, and drawing perfect board clears with priest, I've had to switch to an Aeroponics build, which is inspired by SilverName's performance with it last weekend:

### Spell Treant
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Crystal Power
# 2x (2) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (2) Ironbark
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (3) Bogbeam
# 1x (3) Savage Roar
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (5) Aeroponics
# 2x (5) Anubisath Defender
# 2x (5) Force of Nature
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
# 1x (5) Starfall
# 1x (7) Kael'thas Sunstrider
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 1x (8) Gift of the Wild
# 1x (8) The Forest's Aid
#
AAECAZICBlb9AuYF05wDsawDrroDDP4B7QP3A7mUA++iA9ulA/ytA+W6A+i6A+y6A+66A++6AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Starfall is back until Hunters/DHs stop playing Felwing.

edit: Also the Bad Luck Albatross nerf made Exotic Mountseller worse by just enough to shy away from it, so back to Treants.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 24, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Has anyone made a dh deck other than tempo and OTK work?

I want to use the cool big cards and be the timmy I was born to be. :saddowns:

OTK doesn't work anymore (and is also a very Johnny deck).

There is a control token pew pew list out there, which I saw some of yesterday, but it looked bad.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Yoked posted:

Can someone post a good Murloc paladin list? I was enjoying Pure/Libram for a while but it doesn’t feel so great now.

I immediately like vS's list more, but I did like the Toxfins in the meta version. Righteous Cause is a funny card.

### vS Murloc
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Fishflinger
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 1x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 2x (3) Skydiving Instructor
# 2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Felfin Navigator
# 2x (5) Scalelord
#
AAECAZ8FAtAH/LgDDsUD2wOvB6cIlaYDr6cDyqsDjK0DtLYDyLgDybgD9rgD+7gDysEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

edit: yea, I'm only 5 games in, but this feels WAAAY better than the Hog version

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 24, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jeza posted:

I'm bored in quarantine and just found Grandmasters on Youtube. Watching this glory guy misplay and get bailed out by RNG every game is pretty cool. Across two separate series against Alutemu. Haven't seen anything like it from a top player from a long time.

Nozdormu off Dream Portal is insanely bullshit. I'm stunned GMs are doing it to each other, let alone how it's still in the game.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

a fatguy baldspot posted:

i don’t like fishflinger in murloc paladin, mainly i don’t like giving the opponent any cards. it’s screwed me over too many times. the quest is hilarious tho especially with inprisoned sungill

This mindset is understandable, but you've got to get over it. Your deck is designed to make the most out of the card while giving the opponent something typically useless to them.

Also, if you've never experienced the sweetness of disrupting the opponent's non-obvious Outcast setup, you haven't seen the best of the card.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Finally crafted some Magic Carpets to play Swidz's take on Gallon's DiscoZoo, which is a way more budget-friendly version (no need for Teron + Ebonlocke).

And holy poo poo does this deck smash face, it has some really thought-provoking and deep lines of play, all with that classic Zoo feel. Probably because it's like 2 decks mashed together: one where you try to setup unfair tempo with Imprisoned Scrap Imp, and one where you try to generate ridiculous value with Hand of Guldan. Each plan technically works separately and are capable of winning alone, but when the plans align you become a goddamn monster.

### DiscoZoo
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4w9QXOB8IIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kDAA==
#

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Minor update: Finished a 20 set (14-6) with DiscoZoo, found Soulfire stuck in hand a bit too much. Swapping one for another Guardian Augmerchant for now, but it may become a Shieldbearer or Stonetusk Boar depending on the meta.

Trump just released a video on this deck, removing Eggs for Ebonlocke and Lorewalker Cho. Both of these cards are awful and actively ruined the deck due to how much you draw on average.

### DiscoZoo
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAs4H/KMDDjD1BcIIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kD3r4DAA==
#

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

There was a pic of a 100,000 legend on China server

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

I played a really similar list and couldn't go anywhere with it. What's your mulligan strategy? I was going hard for the imp; is it better to shoot for the discard/draw combo?

Definitely keep/mull for Hand of Guldan as well. I know it feels weird to keep a 6-mana card, but just pretend it's a 0-mana card. If you already have one you can keep Expired Merchant.

Depending on matchup you can keep one good 1-drop, otherwise mull everything.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Cool. Is there an easy way for me to export my collection to compare against decklists to see if I'm close dust-wise to anything that would be good enough to hit Diamond?

Install Hearthstone Deck Tracker, link to your blizz account, open the game and HDT to sync with HSReplay.

When you login to HSreplay with the same blizz account every deck you see will have a personalized dust cost based on your collection, and the cards you're missing will be slightly faded out.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I found some deep tech for Murloc Paladin that has made games a bit more favorable (and way more hilarious): Never Surrender. It's like a 3rd Coldlight Seer that the opponent can't help but play into.

Also Hogsteed is admittedly good enough in the deck.

I also really hated drawing more than one Righteous Cause and more than one Consecration, so the list becomes pretty lean:

### Murloc sigh
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 1x (1) Never Surrender!
# 1x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 2x (2) Fishflinger
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 1x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Felfin Navigator
# 2x (5) Scalelord
#
AAECAZ8FBNwDjpoDjK0D/LgDDcUD2wPQB6cItZgDx50Dr6cDyqsDyLgDybgD9rgD+7gDysEDAA==
#

To play you should be aware of the mechanics of dormant minions and how they interact with both the quest and the secret:

Righteous Cause only ticks +1 when you play Imprisoned Sungil, but not when it awakens, however it then does +2 when it comes out of dormant for the tokens. This means you can still play Turn 1 Imprisoned, Turn 2 Quest + 1-drop (hopefully Murmy), murmy respawns, then Turn 3 awaken + Coldlight being your 5th minion.

As for Never Surrender, the Secret will not proc if the opponent plays a spell and your board only has dormant minions, same as if your board is empty.

I think you can see where this is going: when you get both it's the best possible Turn 2 you can do after Turn 1 Imprisoned (or 2x Imprisoned with the coin).

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8RccBHoGhJd9aBhjHLQyHY

Looking forward to seeing GMs forced to play this deck this weekend

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

victorious posted:

Why Consecration over Truesilver? For the Demon Hunter matchup?

Yea. You can lose to anyone doing a traditional Zoo curve, such as actual zoo or an early Druid glowfly, or Rogue randomly generated perfect reborn+lackey curve, but feel free to slot in another flex based on what you're seeing in your meta.

Also I really want to emphasize that the Murloc Paladin deck is basically worse in every way to DiscoZoo.

Speaking of which, Shieldbearer is a great 3rd taunt for the deck now, and I may even cut a Flame Imp for another:

### DiscoZoo
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Shieldbearer
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBOIGzgf8owPevgMNMPUFwgiInQO1nwP9pAO9pgP9pwP5rgOwtgO1uQO2uQPHuQMA
#

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Disargeria posted:

What do the Dwarven Sharpshooters really do for that deck?

Hit for 6 damage to the face because the opponent can't counter with a 3/2 early due to the threat of just losing it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I wonder if paladin is desperate enough for draw to run like, Sahet's Pride and Loot Hoarders.

Sahet's could also draw Murmies, Hench-Clan Hogsteeds, Murgle Murgurgle, and Hench-Clan Hogsteeds.

I tried vS's version with Sahet, and the deck felt normal when I didn't draw it and felt awful when I did. The stats backed this up, worst card by far in Drawn and Played win%.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Is VS not updating anymore or something?

They usually want a week of data, and usually report on Thursday, but the nerfs went down on a Monday (4/20), so last week was skipped and the next report will probably be out in 2 days.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

:haibrow:

I can accept the logic of not using the actual keyword because of The Unique Flavor of Rise of Shadows or whatever but goddammit make it work the same way

They really wanted to make sure that the Outcast mechanic wasn't a flop out of the gate, for obvious marketing and monetary reasons. It's the reason why Twin Slice isn't in Classic, it's in the Initiate set that will rotate out of Standard eventually.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

orangelex44 posted:

Skull of Gul'dan is still the most broken loving thing, I am so goddamned sick of games where I'm winning pretty OK until the DH plays Skull into Skull to draw five discounted cards on turn 9. Priest just can't handle that poo poo - I have the tools I need in my deck, but I can't keep up when the other guy goes through 25 cards before turn 10 unless I draw exactly perfectly. It's so loving frustrating, I've been bouncing between diamond 3 and diamond 5 for the last three weeks from this same bullshit.

Priest is pretty unfavored in the matchup, but a lot of decks are.

I've had success with my DiscoZoo and Face Hunter battling DH's while keeping the win% high vs the field, and I'm starting to get good results with Eggless Warrior. And of course my own take on the deck tweaked for the mirror, 3 of these 4 decks are going to be my lineup for the tournaments this weekend, trying to deny Rogues and DHs from getting wins.

Zoo is a work in progress, but I had to cut a Flame Imp because it was doing too much damage to me.

The Face Hunter build I found goes all in on making a 5/6 Phase Stalker, which is awesome when on the coin for a Turn 2 5/6 that at least gives you a chance to win.

15-9 (62%)
vs DH: 8-3

### FaceFace
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 1x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
#
AAECAR8Ch7ADpLkDDqgCtQPJBJIF7QaXCNsJ/gzzpwP5rgP7rwP8rwOFsAP/ugMA
#

I haven't finished the reps on Warrior, but I'm playing an eggless version due to not having Teron Gorefiend. It's still very good and is technically classified as "Control Warrior" on HSReplay even though it's still the same deck:

### Eggless
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Rampage
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Bomb Wrangler
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
#
AAECAQcCyAPerQMOFhyQA9QE1AjSpQP1qAPcqQPdrQOktgOrtgO7uQPAuQOcuwMA
#

The flex 30th card can be Captain Greenskin, Grommash, or a budget Dread Corsair. But the deck just stumbles into wins vs DH

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

In Battlegrounds news, the Bob's Buddy App was officially released as part of the base Hearthstone Deck Tracker client (v1.11.2).

https://articles.hsreplay.net/2020/04/24/introducing-bobs-buddy/

This is the thing that runs simulations of your board vs your opponent, giving calculations on win/tie/loss/lethal%, all live during your games

It's going to reinvigorate the "making fun of streamers losing at BGs" meta.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

As was pointed out, they actually didn't have a ton to directly profit off of Outcast being good.

On that note: Is DH actually still succesful at high ranks? Definitely been able to beat it frequently with Galakrond Rogue and Warlock. I've been struggling with Warrior but that's more because I think hack the system warrior is garbage.

Well sure, but they had a ton to lose if Outcast was bad, we just don't know to what extent without like a quarterly earnings report. Like it feels like they really did not want to lose eyeballs to MTGA or LoR's set releases.

And yes, DH is still successful, however at the very top a lot of players are on Warrior because it's a very Legend-y deck: has game vs DH, can be aggro or control, and play quality matters for results.

Here's the :10bux: screenshot from today:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Warrior has really had a meteoric rise this set huh?

Edit: On that note, what's some "safe" stuff to craft now? Gorefiend looks pretty good and enables Egg Warrior and Face Hunter right?

Gorefiend not safe yet. All three decks that use it are still figuring out if it's even worth it. As long as Rogue (Blackjack Stunner/Sap) and Priest exist, it may not happen this expansion.

In Zoo, most builds have moved away, but I appreciate the ability to clear up board space on your own in certain matchups.

In Face Hunter, I really like how the 5/6 Phase Stalker version plays, and think Teron is overkill, but nothing is consensus yet.

In Warrior, it's a 50/50 split on Egg+Teron supporters vs not, and this goes all the way up into high level streamers and GMs.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

Since I switched over to playing zoo I've played priests in 40% of my ranked matches. That's not a fun matchup at all. HS Replay says priest is about 10% of the meta right now.

It may not be fun, but it is an even matchup. You just really need to get a Scrap Imp or Hand start. Throw away all traditional Zoo openers.

Promoted Pawn posted:

Priest looks like it has the toolbox to deal with DH but the problem is that it can’t reliably put up any sort of threat while also dealing with the onslaught. They spend the entire game on the backfoot and their only real victory condition is still being alive when the DH runs out of cards. This leaves them vulnerable to getting bursted out by some combination of Metamorphosis/Mistress/Altruis if their defense isn’t perfect.

Priest is unfavored against DH, it exists to keep Warrior in check and also Face Hunters at lower ranks.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Promoted Pawn posted:

What are they qualifying as “Control Warrior” because the only decks I can see under that category have extremely tiny samples

A weird mix of Egg decks that don't have Eggs, some mis-classified Bomb Warrior decks that are built heavier, and basically any deck that runs Deathwing Mad Aspect

But yea you need to have Legend data unlocked to see most of the data

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Is there still fuckall Wild data? Last time I checked, there were literally only three decks listed in the free section, and from what I heard from people who did shell out for it, the Premium stuff was barely any better.

The meta page doesn't support Wild (yet?).

At Diamond+Legend there are a handful of decks with over 2k games played, and 62 with 500+ games since the patch.

Otherwise sorting by win% in Legend shows a bunch of Odd DH variants at the top.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Interesting, considering Warrior was really down in the trash. I know eggro warrior but how do the control decks work?

AnacondaHL posted:

A weird mix of Egg decks that don't have Eggs, some mis-classified Bomb Warrior decks that are built heavier, and basically any deck that runs Deathwing Mad Aspect

It's all the same Risky Skipper + Corsair Cache + Ancharrr core (see below image: the same 27 card core), with different frills and finishers surrounding them.

Here are Warrior card usage stats in Legend for the past 3 days, note the drop in deck% from Rampage to the egg-specific cards:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

Pack tracker hasn't worked for me since it wanted to update today. I updated and it disappeared from HDT and I can't get it to reinstall.

Looks like it's been affected by a dependency update to HDT (which has already released minor revision updates twice today):

HDT Update Notes posted:

Release v1.11.4 - 2020-04-29
• This version updates several dependencies, causing some Plugins to no longer load.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

mcbexx posted:

I'm still on 1.10.8 though. Update notes show my last update is Release v1.10.8 - 2020-04-20

Edit:
Now I'm getting the "There was an error starting your game. please wait a few minutes and try again." error when starting to launch a game (regardless of mode, tried casual, ranked and tavern brawl).

According to the support page and several forum posts this is linked to being in a Fireside Gathering, which I am not (I can't join FSGs on my desktop, it has neither WLAN nor GPS). Logged out and back into Bnet, nope, can't play.

Any ideas?

Oh never mind, looks like playful sprites are having an orgy in the server rooms again.

I got it to work. You'll need to update HDT to match the dependencies that the latest PackTracker expects.

1) Install HDT 1.11 (now up to 1.11.5 as of this post) manually from https://hsreplay.net/downloads/
2) Open your Plugins folder
3) Delete PackTracker folder and any .dll's that may be floating around
4) Restart HDT, make sure the plugins options are clear of any old versions
5) Download the latest PackTracker.zip, drag into the Plugins options window
6) Restart HDT

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

What is the optimal deck against Demon Hunter? It's been a lot more fun just hovering around D5 and playing Spell Mage, but it loses hard to DH and they seem to enjoy BMing me. Looking to gatekeep for the last day to keep them out of Legend.

Warrior.

You have to get an extremely unlucky draw paired with the most aggressive DH opener to lose, otherwise you crush them with minimal decision points.

Cheap deck too, assuming you got the Galakrond's Awakening adventure already.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

If you don't do this and don't emote, you get a pass.

Thanks for the info.. I need to get my Warrior win rate up. Would you recommend the Quest version or Egg version?

Deffo egg/eggless.

Quest is a meme deck that tries give you game vs Priest, while sacrificing in every other matchup, including becoming (almost) unfavored vs DH.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

Speaking of egg warrior, does anyone happen to have a nice list? Or anything against DH? Currently facing 100% DH everytime everywhere while farming my rank back up and it is extremely annoying.
Also I just faced an overload-spell damage shaman that rushed the board with 5/7 minions that got like 3 overload, leading to him not doing anything every second round so he could field strong poo poo between those. interesting idea.

### Control Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Rampage
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Bomb Wrangler
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAQcC0gLerQMOFhyQA9QE1AjSpQP1qAPcqQPdrQOktgOrtgO7uQPAuQOcuwMA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/3FGmgQPZevRIjIsw2kA7ob/

This is the recommended version at below-legend because Priest is far more prevalent, and having 3 charge finishers gives you a chance to win.

vs. DH the 27 card core is what matters. You mulligan differently for DH, keeping Skipper/Armorsmith and even Livewire Lance in your starting hand.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

Yeah I've noticed with enrage warrior I really need to pay attention to if I'm the beatdown and then what/when I can put together a board swing or a big finish. Depending on if I'm the more aggressive deck.

Specific question: what is the plan for big single minions? Think priestess of Fury or when druid drops one of their big minions

A DH dropped priestess of Fury two turns in a row and totally swung the game on me. Maybe that's just a "you're F-ed" situation if I don't have lethal?

Bloodboil Brute mana reduction calculations.

Also vs. Priestess of Fury specifically, a Bomb Wrangler on board does good work, as does doing an Armorsmith+Risky Skipper turn.

You're almost never shooting for a charge combo kill vs DH, you're always setting up survival with Armorsmith, and removing their board every turn.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

teacup posted:

I feel dumb what is the basic strat here? Is this the one I’ve heard which gains you heaps of armour (and how does that work?

Against aggro, Risky Skipper + Armorsmith is the wombo combo, yes

Here's an example of grinding through early aggression AND double Priestess:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/AKy6qW2s4TfkLBTb9ueixf

Otherwise, boost damaged minions with Inner Rage + Rampage, and use weapons to control the board or hit face

Here's an example in an unfavored Mage matchup where I just had to Go For It (also Inner Rage + both Korkrons are in the bottom 6(!!) cards of my deck):
https://hsreplay.net/replay/o9bdqZ8oJvJxfb4zDYfv36

Otherwise you're a combo deck, setting up the Korkron + Inner Rage + Bloodsworn charge combo

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 3, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

kaesarsosei posted:

Demon Hunter is the fun killer. The whole meta is based around the fucktard class and its lack of balance.

Just to clarify, I have started playing Kibler's Dragon Quest Highlander Shaman. I have over 50% WR against every other class but I don't think I've ever actualy beaten a DH with it. It's fun deck thats just not viable because of the new class. If DH was even being played proportionally it would be fine but it feels every 2 games is vs DH.

Just FYI, in tournaments it's actually Warrior that has no decent answer right now. I've yet to see a tournament matchup where my Warrior wasn't banned. At the very least there are a handful of decks that can be almost even with DH while still being playable vs other stuff (notably Secret Rogue, Dragon Hunter, and Zoolock).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

Enrage warrior vs rogue notes? I get my rear end kicked because I don't know what I'm trying to do.

Feel like I futz around randomly clearing boards and gaining armor until I'm top decking and waiting for death.

That gnome who clears doubles is particularly irritating because it eats my cloned rampage/enrage board midgame. Which means no battle rage draw or big armor when I clear.

even when I win it's because I wombo-comboed on some lucky draws (or unlucky on their end).

Keep Warmaul Challenger, it's one of your only answers to a bullshit Hanar opening. Otherwise you'll lose to the same highroll RNG that everyone else loses to.

Bomb Wrangler is also annoying for Rogues to get rid of, especially when backed up by a Risky Skipper play.

Don't overcommit on Rampage/Inner Rage if Blackjack is a possibility.

Otherwise it's pretty straightforward game plan. You can win with tempo or with combo.

Example:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/WjnDvGSEjG2Qb4GEEnUQKJ

My keep of Bomb Wrangler + Risky Skipper + Sky Raider lets me respond to basically any play they make for the first 4 turns, game proceeds from there.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

In battlegrounds news, the nerf to Millhouse combined with the introduction of Bob's Buddy has skyrocketed my rating back over 10.1k for first time in 2 months :toot:

Lots of people jokingly said seeing the %'s would tilt them, but it has actually made me way more calm and appreciative of when I actually do get lucky

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

I’m having trouble finding something that consistently beats DH. I know HS replay says egg warrior, but I am losing around 70% of my games against DH. Unless I get a good skipper-armorsmith turn, I lose, but if you Corsair Cache into lance instead of ancharr, there is a good chance you never get that turn.

I mean... yea that's exactly the point. Given mulligans and like the 100% win rate after doing this combo, that's how you get a 60% global win% on DH.

TyrantWD posted:

The only thing I’ve found that works for climbing is laying DH yourself, and being a little better and luckier in your draw than the opponent.

There are ways to build DH to gain an edge in the mirror, and ideas are still evolving.

Due to the meta build featuring Priestess, most builds are off the Questing Adventurer plan, but some still are working on it. Another is to go super small with 2x Frozen Shadoweaver and some hot new Beaming Sidekick tech:

### Face DH
# Class: Demonhunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Twin Slice
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Umberwing
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver
# 2x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 2x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAea5AwTMugPDvAPaxgPVyAMN/acD+a4Di7oD17sDxLwD4LwD1r4DusYDx8YD2cYD98gD+cgD/sgDAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

Just had two completely ridiculous games back-to-back playing skipper warrior today on ladder.

1) (https://hsreplay.net/replay/fG23ErRubjvsNvVSNNTHdg):
I think my opponent is playing regular spell druid so I hold back all game waiting to clear boards with skippers.

I don't think this is the best approach to win this matchup. You're actually the aggressor vs Druid, which I thought you were going to do with your Injured Tolvir + Rampage keep.... but then you just hero powered on Turn 2. Your best bet was to establish a board early and pressure their life total, regardless of what kind of Druid it was.

Turn 4 also should have been Armorsmith + Injured Tolvir, you don't need skipper + Armorsmith in this matchup, again you just needed board presence.

Turn 8 was a HUGE Bloodboil Brute mana reduction missed opportunity. You had to go off with Risky skipper on this turn. Skipper + Armorsmith + Rampage on your existing Bloodboil = 5 mana with 7 injured minions on board, making your Bloodboil in hand 0 mana. Play it to kill the Eagles, you've gained +11 armor +2 more and are out of any burn range, and have setup lethal on board.

This game was winnable.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

Thanks a lot for responding! I appreciate the feedback, and I fully acknowledge that I'm pretty much a garbage-tier player. I'm trying to figure out how to play this deck, and this is great advice.

Turn 2 I was worried about dropping the Tolvir into a Wrath or some other piece of cheap removal for the Druid. I was trying to play it on 4 with rampage to either get it out of range of removal, or make it really expensive to remove. Then he ramped hard to 5 mana, so I wanted to keep a lot of minions in hand to deal with glowfly, which is why I didn't go with the armorsmith on 4. Not seeing the glowfly come down threw me a little, but I still assumed that I was playing a game where I'd have to remove a few low-health swarms. Definitely sub-optimal play.

Turn 8 I just didn't see the good line. Still figuring out how to pilot this deck and I'm bad at thinking about Bloodboil discounting.

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback and taking the time to help!

NP, happy to help (it helps me too!)

Remember Rule 1 of being the aggressor: Make Them Have It

Even if they Wrath/Bogbeam, you had multiple followups, and it would have slowed them down enough to be unable to Overflow on curve. Note the claw in hand on the turn they overflow: had you kept pressuring there was no room to Overgrowth + Overflow.

Also even in the event of a Glowfly, Bloodboil Brute costs 0-mana as the 2nd post-Skipper minion played, so you had more than enough to clear a Glowfly board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Here's another way to beat Demon Hunters: play some unfairly large minions via Scrap Imp, and win!

https://hsreplay.net/replay/2Q9yS3wqakmiTUnV56fP7W

This list is a combination of the Charge Zoo build mixed with the Highlander setup

### FakeHighlander
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Abusive Sergeant
# 1x (1) Argent Squire
# 1x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 1x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 1x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Hot Air Balloon
# 1x (1) Infectious Sporeling
# 1x (1) Rocket Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Shieldbearer
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 1x (2) EVIL Genius
# 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 1x (3) Wolfrider
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GFDDyAaECiAXjBfUF4gbOB+UHwgiInQPHnQP8owP9pwP5rgPqsAOwtgPevgPfvgPnvgMFtZ8D/aQDtbkDtrkDx7kDAA==
#

Zeph into Frost Nova with 5 remaining mana is a legit play, allowing time for Scrap Imp to go off on your charge minions for lethal.