Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ran into a tavern brawl deck that gave all it's creatures +1/+1 twice a turn for 0 mana lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've legit never seen altirus hit for more than like 4. it's good but not insane, idk.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Promoted Pawn posted:

The reason people tend not to play Control DH is that it’s a pretty bad deck that’s overshadowed by better control decks in Warrior, Mage, and Priest.

I think people are still so obsessed over how good DH is they've missed that other decks are better.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't even remember the last time I lost to a DH now, lol.

Also congrats to blizzardo n making backstab and shadowstep even lower rolls

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
KT is the first mage hero I've liked, neat. :toot:

DH hasn't been fun due to all the nerfs so I'll take that 4k free dust, thanks blizzard

might as well DE Alex too, since I can just recraft her later if (when) she still turns out to be good.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 15, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if Rattlegore'd be worth it with Galakrond. Would it summon it again as a 12/12?

blizzardvizard posted:

About time they try to cash in on the 20/30-somethings who grew up with Harry Potter

Paladin better get something good this expac

They already did.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I just realised the thread title is somewhat appropriate with Scholomance :v:

Degree? :v:

Sorta surprised though I expected this to be another Outland expansion.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gully Foyle posted:

Highly doubt this'll be the case, minions pretty much always revert to base stats when resummoned, so it will probably come back as 9/9 with a -x/-x buff on it, depending on number of deaths.

It'll depend on how the game checks for it, I think.

Olpainless posted:

Galakrond shouldn't concern you nearly as much as Bloodsworn with this thing. (Or a priest nabbing it...)

Hope there's some more neutral silence coming!

There is that devolving missiles thing.

I miss warrior galakrond. :(

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DNK posted:

Rattlegore would be sick with my stall warrior running Dimensional Rippers. It desperately needs some kind of value / kill threat combo, and that’d do it.

RUIN

DESPAIR

DESTRUCTION

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tree Dude posted:

I just wanted to say that I think it's bullshit that I don't get an Excess Mana card when I play Overgrowth on 9.

If it does NOTHING else, you get excess mana. You still got a mana.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teacup posted:

Priests are just painful. It takes so so long. And now people are playing that “replace your deck with ten cards” woman that you play at the end to extend it out, Jesus h Christ

People were asking for this when they asked for DH to be removed.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orangelex44 posted:

Honestly, deathrattle Zoo Priest is already almost a deck. The issue is not that the power doesn't exist, it's that you can't draw for poo poo.

cult master's time to shine

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's realistically going to be played for like 5 mana on turn 7 or something imo.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1286345937930063878

lol what the gently caress??

e: at first glance I thought this was a meme but this is just way better card draw for aggressive demon hunter lists than skull, with the very small exception of matchups vs. face hunter or other aggro demon hunters

yeah, it's easy to shuffle 1-2 cards and then draw 4 while making say a control priest lose 4 cards.

I love it.

adamarama posted:

Glide is bullshit and will be nerfed. I know the cards aren't destroyed but HS has always limited how much you can gently caress your opponents hand/deck

and that's why half the decks people find so unbearable are so bad.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new shaman epic:

Totemic Goliath: 5 mana 4/5 totem
Deathrattle: Summon the four basic totems. Overload : 2

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if Glide is overall going to be good or bad for Outcast on other cards.

Regalingualius posted:

Also, didn’t see anyone else post this yet:

:colbert:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glide is also a dead card against aggro decks that directly competes with Skull. Calm down people.

ah, I've found what my guaranteed legendary is going to be.

what a bad card.

if it was DH/Warlock it might see use but definitely not now.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 24, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THE DOCTOR IS IN

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NorgLyle posted:

Hey if Voidlord and Doomguard were still in Standard you might see something out of this card! It's only three years too late.

It's good with Enhanced Dreadlord and uh... Betrug (lol)?

Sure it has anti-synergy with Kanrethad Prime, but...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shockeh posted:

This <incredibly bonkers card> is dead because this class has <even more bonkers card> isn't the take you're aiming for. If anything, it proves what a poo poo decision DH has been, end to end.

Y'know Glide's effect is Outcast, right?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That treant totem card is pretty neat.

Shockeh posted:

At worst, at worst, it's Draw 4 for 4, in a Class that is basically cardvomit, and only doesn't empty it's hand because for some bizarre reason Blizzard thought '+draw' was a class identity.

You have to actively go out of your way to make it bad. At best, it's mad as gently caress disruption, because your hand will be empty and theirs won't be, so you've just discarded X for them and also hosed up whatever plans they had. Even if it wasn't a powerful effect (it is), it's very well situated in a Class that benefits a lot from it, and to boot it's a lovely design because it fucks around uninteractively with the other player - There's nothing they can do about it, it might just go 'lol you lose' and remove all the counterplay you were holding back.

So yeah, even if I thought it was a 'balanced' effect (whatever nebulous subjective opinion anyone has on what that means) I'd still think it's a poo poo card, because it shouldn't exist.

It's also worse than a dead card in aggro mirrors, it's not even a strictly good one in control matchups because say, Control Priest doesn't want to sit there on turn 4 with 2 Plagues of Death, Soul Mirror and Murozond or w/e.

I think it's a bit strong but people are way overreacting.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Firebert posted:

Guaranteed to get at least one draw, seems pretty strong, especially if you can force draw the opponent somehow

Skull of Gul'Dan into Keymaster + Glide.

hell yeah.

orangelex44 posted:

Christ one of those DH cards is just Truesilver Champion - does that class really need to be a collection of the best cards that every other class has?

Maybe 2 healing later that can screw up your skull discounts is way, way worse than 2 healing now.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have HS replay premium or anything because one of my friends is insisting Druid (his favorite class, incidentally :v:) is the worst in standard and even Paladin/Shaman are way better.

I haven't played HS in awhile but I really don't see how.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fenarisk posted:

This is dumb. Elekks didn't even arrive until after scholo turned to the scourge :colbert:

pretty sure scholo was founded as a necromancy school to begin with.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trump revealed a card.

3 mana 3/2 warrior legendary.

Battlecry eqaulity effect, deathrattle whirlwind effect.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Curious if this includes cards like Azurite Elemental

Most likely not.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That 7 mana druid rush spell seems better with the 3 new 5 mana beasts they've shown.

gandlethorpe posted:

Rofl, demon hunter gets a 1 mana "Demon Companion" spell that summons mini demon versions of hunter companions.

yea but it's dh/hunter not just dh

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 29, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BIG WARRIOR IS ON THE MENU BOYS

except for the fact Dimensional Ripper or the new card summoning boom reaver really sucks. maybe next time. :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Disargeria posted:

I feel like there's even more card generation in this set than the last, where they admitted maybe there was too much.

maybe I'm forgetting some but the Study cards seem pretty bad and those are the main ones I can think of.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be really funny if multiclass cards ruined pure paladin.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orangelex44 posted:

I think people are sleeping on the Studies cycle. A lot of the reviewers/streamers are immediately discounting them as "discover a card for 1 mana has always sucked" without really factoring in that the card is basically free to cast with the discount. Many of them are actually "tutoring" for pretty good stuff - dragons, spells, rush, even the spell power one is pretty good specifically for Mage.

gonna demonic studies into jaraxxus into hero power every game. :getin:

Yestermoment posted:

OTHER class cards have no effect.

Example: Beneath the Grounds from rogue has no effect on it.

I've never actually played Pure Paladin so I assumed stuff like BTG killed it.

I also thought bombs were warrior cards but I guess there was that one random boomsday card that used them.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 5, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TyrantWD posted:

It probably gets nerfed within the first week.

Glide probably doesn't get nerfed immediately, just because everyone will be playing aggro, but will become more oppressive over time. Mini-Jeeves will eat 2 nerfs. First to 3 mana, then to 4 mana.

I am going to hold on to everything vaguely plyable, and only disenchant the pack filler commons until we get the first balance patch.

Is a better jeeves really 'mini' jeeves? :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

L0cke17 posted:

I don't know how I missed this card in the spoilers, but WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

Why did demonhunter need another aggressively costed batshit insane good silence effect.

It's not that good.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnacondaHL posted:

TIL that the Omu/Germination interaction only works if Germination is played as the first spell directly after Omu.

Yeah, because it makes a copy, and the copy in that case doesn't have spellburst.

Chernabog posted:

Archwhitch Willow is such a trash legendary, even in ideal situations she feels awful to play.

It would be okay in a class with good demons, possibly, like demon hunter. :v:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 7, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do they keep giving priest zoo cards and no card draw

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I seriously hope big warrior turns out to be good in the long run because it's funa nd I want to craft boom reaver.

RATTLEGOREEE

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steeldancer is doing more work than I expected.

Hack the system dream is going to be real, this time for sure! :shepface:

Aaod posted:

Is anyone else surprised Jandice Barov is not really seeing much play? She seems like such an absurdly strong card to me when I played with her, but doesn't fit as well with the current rogue builds.

I feel like there's too many "just okay" 5 drops

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know how Vectus and Rattlegore work together? Does it summon no rattlegore, or an 8/8?

Also, can Vectus' whelps both get the same deathrattle if only one creature has died?

ps: god i miss prenerf corsair cache.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time to see how Vectus and Rattlegore work together for science! :eng101:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s because she’s a 5 mana card that doesn’t deal damage

also, the average 5 creature isn't that great.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'll probably never level Demon Hunter to 60 since I play so infrequently and really dislike playing Miracle Rogue Meets Face Hunter: Now in Class Form!.

go big DH or go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The sound of two Rattlegores facing off is a beautiful thing.

Not as beautiful as playing Kel'Thuzad and Brawl, then stealing an enemy's Rattlegore with it. :allears: