Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Is there something I'm missing with the Fireside event? I tried setting it up for 3 CST and thought there was to be an in-game prompt to start it, but it never popped. I've tried checking in infrequently since then (set it for 4 hours) but nada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Well, pulled Ace Hunter Kreen, Soulciologist Malicia, High Abbess Alura, Sphere of Sapience, Archwitch Willow. Not too sure what to make of it besides Archwitch being on the low end, I've been playing Pure Paladin for a while and High Abbess seems like it'll go in there. Pseudo-draw that either becomes a 4/7, a 5/8 that draws another card, or pops out an 8/8 Divine Shield Taunt. Kreen probably goes into DH pretty smoothly especially with Warglaives. Soulciologist probably goes into high end DH and most Warlock. Sphere is a good card it looks like but weird.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Since I got Alura, I think my first move is going to be to fiddle with my current Pure Paladin. There was a cool-looking druid big-beast list on HearthPwn, but I don't have the dust necessary to craft the particularly key new stuff so I'm going to wait until the first round of nerfs / full dust refunds.

E: Maybe also retune my DH deck with the new Soul Fragment stuff since I opened the Hunter/DH and DH/warlock legendaries. Really tempted to go big demon with soul fragments holding down the low end.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whats the big play for the priest legendary who switches hands and decks until next turn? Fuckin up someones otk?

Gimmicky as poo poo but if I had the dust to spare I would totally craft Octosari for this Octosari combo / Galakrond priest deck: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1356213-illucia-octosari-mill-priest-with-description

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Played exactly one game with DH so far post-release but the 3/2 consuming a soul fragment to blast other minions for 3 and Soulciologist feel great.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Had DH/mage/shaman today so decided to tear down my quest/Galakrond Shaman and put together a spellpower shaman. It's probably not terribly optimized (missing the shaman and shaman/druid legendaries from this xpack for one) but it was fun enough in knocking out shaman quest in platinum tier. I think the Rune Daggers come out since I feel like I always have a decent amount of spellpower, probably slotting Hex back in for additional Vashj targets and to deal with ex: Van Cleef.

### Basic Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Ethereal Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Rune Dagger
# 2x (3) Arcane Watcher
# 1x (3) Lady Vashj
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Marshspawn
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (4) Squallhunter
# 1x (4) The Fist of Ra-den
# 1x (5) Ras Frostwhisper
# 2x (5) Steward of Scrolls
# 2x (6) Sorcerous Substitute
#
AAECAaoIBO0F5rcD5LgD0M4DDfUExpkDrpsD+aUDrK0D27gDmLkD4L4DpssD4cwDk80Dzc4DuNEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I think Lightning Bloom may have been a mistake.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The only downside I've found with Soulciologist in Warlock is that if you're also using the gravedigger spell, you need to be okay with it potentially giving you the 3/3 rushers.

Playing her for 4+ 3/3s usually is a pretty big swing though.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Legendary craft, I've looked through and these seem to be the top of the crop from what I'm missing. Suggestions? Mostly standard but an eye towards Wild I guess. No real class preference but I enjoy bullshit RNG rogue/mage a lot so Shadowjeweler/Jandice are appealing. Although I still also don't have the rogue quest?

Astromancer Solarian
Reliquary of Souls
Soul Mirror
Shadowjeweler Hanar
Lorekeeper Pokelt
Jandice Barov

Bazaar Burglary?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

take three tablets posted:

Save your dust until you need a specific legendary for a deck? It's not like legendaries are on sale and you have to buy one now.

I mean that is a fair point, but I figured maybe I can enable a new deck or significantly improve an existing deck out of all that. From the other replies it seems like Lorekeeper could do that so I'll check into Lorekeeper decks (particularly that highlander priest one since I have most of it already).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Re: the chat about returning to big druid last page, I just picked up my second Survival of the Fittest and was curious if anyone had any spicy decklists.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I found a Survival deck for Wild after asking yesterday and while it still probably needs to be optimized more it's led to some funny low-tier games so far. Originally the deck had 2x Depth Charge and 1x Enhance-o Mechano instead of 2x Astral and 1x Mire Keeper but I felt like the Charges were too easy to kill before they could pop and the creature count at any given time doesn't fully take advantage of Enhance-o. Although the Tigers don't keep buffs when reshuffled, I wanted to try them as a semi-early play that would go back for later buffs if killed / let me win any fatigue wars, Mire is just an additional mana crystal that can get buffed and pop out a 2/2 if I don't need the extra mana.

The main issue I see is the deck doesn't get going until t3 at the earliest. Depth Charges seem like an effort to address that but again trying to think if there are any better alternatives.

### Wild Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Greedy Sprite
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Astral Tiger
# 2x (4) Escaped Manasaber
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Groundskeeper
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Spiteful Summoner
# 2x (8) Grand Archivist
# 2x (10) Survival of the Fittest
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAEBAZICCPoOhBeFF76uApziAvX8AqCAA4/OAwuXwQLKwwKHzgKo0gL55gLQ5wLX6wKEtgOVzQO60AOh0QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Played this deck for the Brawl, pretty much just cheap aggro with some sustain in the deathrattles. Houndmaster Shaw is pretty good here for leveraging your masked creatures immediately as well as your summon-on-deathrattle creatures. I tried Necromechanics but I think that's a little too cute.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Carrion Studies
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 2x (1) Fiery Bat
# 2x (1) Helboar
# 2x (1) Jeweled Macaw
# 2x (1) Shimmerfly
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Webspinner
# 2x (2) Kindly Grandmother
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Bloated Python
# 2x (3) Shaky Zipgunner
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Houndmaster Shaw
#
AAEBAR8EgPMCh7ADg7kD49QDDcQOuK0CubQC6rsC6b0CicMCoIUDnp0D/K8DzrgDo7kDnssDtM4DAA==
#

E: I actually don't think masking keeps the stat buffs from Shaky Zipgunner and Helboar so you could probably find other options.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 7, 2020

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pro tip: For the Misha encounter in the new Book of Heroes, you have to kill the trap. I misplayed it the first time around because I thought it was Rexxar trapping Mishra (I didn't pay too close attention to the pre-battle chatter, maybe it was explained there?) and it was a rush to down her before she downed me.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Got Shan'do Wildclaw from my free packs :toot:

The Corrupt mechanic sounds interesting. Hold onto an early-game (relatively speaking) card to gain bonus value or just go ahead and play it out on curve. Also kinda helps with drawing your low-cost (and therefore usually low-impact) cards later - just play out one of your haymakers and buff 'em before playing them out.

I'll have to see about the gold-to-value for the pay version of Duels but I'll probably have fun with the free version at least - dungeon crawls are always fun for the whacky stuff that can get pulled off.

Is the Tavern Pass $ only or can you pay gold for it?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Boatswain posted:

I've got some Legendaries laying around from the first years of Hearthstone, as well as some more modern garbage ones. Which of these do you think are safe to disenchant?

Hakkar, the Soulflayer, Nefarian, The Lich King, Kel’Thuzad, Chromaggus, Ragnaros, The Curator, Keymaster Alabaster, Dr. Boom, The Black Knight, Sylvanas Windrunner, Hemet, Jungle Hunter, Cairne Bloodhoof, Elise the Trialblazer, Barnes, Maiev Shadowsong, Genzo, the Shark, Brightwing, Hack the System, Lyra the Sunshard, Prince Liam

RatHat posted:

I’d say Lich King, Ragnaros, Dr. Boom, Black Knight, Sylvannas, Cairne, Maiev, And Lyra are worth keeping. The rest are either bad or too gimmicky. Maybe Brightwing too, it’s alright if you need an extra dragon in a deck.

These recommendations are solid but I think a couple more of them are worth keeping.

Curator: Costly but it's a reasonably fat taunt that also draws three, and the three are specific enough that you can build your deck to draw a specific one if you don't draw it naturally
Hemet: The effect is useful for certain combo applications that might expand as the available card selection in wild expands over time
Barnes: Got slightly nerfed but still promising for rez strategies
Hack The System: I actually play a standard Hack deck which does ok in platinum ranks and I think it's worth keeping around as a just-in-case or -funsies. Spitting out two 4/3s a turn for four mana plus doing other stuff is actually really hard for even grindy rez priest to keep up with.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Do you have a list for the Hack the System deck? I tried using Kibler's which was mostly bomb warrior with HtS in it, but didn't do good since I'm not a pro like Kibler. I love golems and want to make it work somewhat.

I just changed this today, swapping a Corsair Cache for another Wrenchcalibur, 3 weapons/2 Cache just doesn't seem great compared to going with 4/1, especially with the nerf and wanting to improve the odds of a good pull with Hoard Pillager if I've already seen a Gan'arg axe or two.

### Basic Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 1x (1) Hack the System
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Gan'arg
# 2x (1) Sword and Board
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 1x (2) Corsair Cache
# 1x (2) Frightened Flunky
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) EVIL Quartermaster
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 2x (4) Hoard Pillager
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 2x (4) Wrenchcalibur
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Doctor Krastinov
# 2x (6) Armored Goon
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAQcI0gLIA4KoA/eoA/O3A765A8C5A6rSAwtL1ASalAP1qAP2qAPZrQPosAO8uQP2wgPizAP+0QMA
#

-The deck doesn't necessarily live and die by drawing a weapon early, there's a couple things that you can work with in the meanwhile. Frightened Flunky/Wandmaker/EVIL Quartermaster give you value and board presence.
-The Frightened Flunky might seem weird but getting a second Sky Gen'ral Kragg or a cheap Dread Corsair can be handy at times. Or just grab something big and beefy out of the lot if it's the late game.
-Wandmaker provides a bevy of good options, the only super-dead draw is Into The Fray, with Shield of Honor and Charge being less useful but still somewhat useful. Upgrade! is actually a good pull in this deck.
-Pinging your own Grommash can let you steal games out of nowhere. The two Sword and Board can help, but Wandmaker can also give you Improve Morale, Shield Slam, another Sword and Board, or Whirlwind.
-Use the starting (Armor) hero power as often as you can get away with it before it swaps. You have ways to get Armor after the switch, but every bit helps. You tend to play the long game.
-If you have Imprisoned Gan'arg in your opening hand, the best route is usually to play it t1, hero power or 2 drop t2, then quest t3 along with either another hero power or a 2 drop.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I mean Totemic Reflection and Splitting Axe sees play, if you can afford to wait to play either (which gets more possible with Lightning Bloom), each is 3/7 or 1/5 at the end of the turn and just gave all other totems +2/+2 wherever they are. Even if your opponent manages to kill one, they're still probably in deep poo poo since you get another turn with the other which could lead to more copying.

And you still have the regular Totem Shaman lines of play.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It's not flashy, but I actually like Circus Medic quite a bit? You can play it on curve to salve the bleeding from early aggro while getting a 3/4 body in the process which survives being one-shot by most weapons/direct damage options, then later in the game it's a 4 damage for 4 with a 3/4 body attached.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Got Zai, Greybough, Rinling's Rifle, Maxima, Lothraxion, Nameless One from packs. ETC as the freebie.

I think Maxima is the only real miss here excepting janky deathrattle strats. Nameless One is a pretty good pull.

Only bummer is I didn't get any Old Gods which probably would have saved me a lot of dust.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I crafted golden original Yogg and I'm crafting golden new Yogg and nobody's going to stop me from spinning the wheel and seeing what golden spells pop out :colbert:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

GTO posted:

I've got 10,500 gold having not needed to use it for ages and having bought the cheaper pre order each time. I was planning on burning through my stash of gold this expansion instead of buying the pre order.

Should I hold some gold back though given all the new changes? Is gold going to be more scarce or used for different things? FWIW I mostly play ranked constructed, I don't like battlegrounds and am not loving duels either.

A point in favor of waiting is that this expansion will only be around for ~1.33 years in standard. If you're getting a bunch of packs either way then yeah, save your RL money I guess, but you could always wait for the spring expansion that would be 2 years in standard.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Speaking of Tickatus, I just opened him for the first time with my level 30 pack. Golden too! :toot:

Also speaking of the progression packs, are those getting replaced with gold sometime this month, I think I remember hearing something about that? If so, do people who already have packs get gold retroactively?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Ramped up to Final Form Arthas pretty quick but I can tell it's gonna be a "did he draw his Obliterate/Black Knight" RNG fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Has anyone hit level 50 on the rewards track and felt an immediate diminishment of enthusiasm in clearing dailies?