Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What is the origin of this Siren Head thing

I seem to have missed the boat on the initial Slenderman-esque creepypasta stuff and the only thing I'm familar with is the tiktok of the giant Siren Head doing the gangnam style dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SeXReX posted:

Speaking of pending litigation

Is this just a fan game or something that's being sold? If it's just a free fangame I can't imagine that Yacht Club is gonna really care. And if it's good I'd even bet that Yacht Club would scoop them up to make one for real cause a Shovel Knight dating sim is silly enough of an idea

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

God of War and The Last of Us were both great. Though I like TLOU's story a ton I did not enjoy a lot of the gameplay, specifically I thought the zombie encounters just weren't very fun. I think GoW is overall the better game because I liked the gameplay and story equally, but I think TLOU's story stuck with me way more personally. So I'm genuinely excited for TLOU2.

Neither story resonated with me like Night in the Woods did though so :v:

I am beyond excited for the Tony Hawk remakes. The details that polygon released have me very optimistic for it.

stev posted:

I seriously can't think of any major criticisms of GoW other than Niflheim and Alfheim being a bit shite. And they held back way too much on the god killing side of things.

There's that one puzzle in the mountain where you have to move a wind thing around that I remember being some dumb bullshit. Some places overstayed their welcome but that seems like a problem a lot of games have anyway (I'm looking at you Hojo's lab)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Any game that doesn't go into 100+ hours is kind of a miserable failure.

As someone who loved Witcher 3 and AC Odyssee: lmao huh???

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Khanstant posted:

you dont bitch about having to walk from portrait to portrait in super mario 64 bc it is fun af to walk around and poo poo wa wah wahoo

I actually prefer world maps like Mario 3, SMW and 3D World :shobon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There is something soothing to me about a checklist where you can tick things off.

This is why when everyone was like "Breath of the Wild is like those lovely UBISOFT GAMES but better because they don't have a checklist and when you climb the tower you mark the things yourself" and I'm like, no that's worse

I liked Odyssey more than BOTW cause I could repair my weapon so it never broke. I got a cool looking sword and just... kept using it. As god intended

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gripweed posted:

The only weapon you had in Odyssey was a hat.

That also never broke. As god intended

Edit: also you could turn into Bowser. Maybe if BOTW let me turn into Bowser it could've been great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Odyssey would have been better if they let you play as Bowser all the time instead just a small part.

That's also true!!!!!!!!

I was disappointed that that wasn't an endgame unlock for getting all the moons or something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

honestly one of the worst open worlds i've ever played.

The real problem with NieR is I hated 9S to death. To DEATH.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What if you put the crown on Raymond

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I hate that Tom Sweeny has one of those electricity ball things just... sitting on his floor in the background

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Show me the triangles in the form of a new video game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

haveblue posted:

let me just go ahead and blow your mind here: a square is two triangles

Fool, that's a diamond :rolleyes:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey Ubisoft and Geoff and whoever else is "revealing" things, please learn what "gameplay" and "game reveal" mean. Just say you're basically doing a GDC panel.

Like I'm sure graphically this Unreal stuff is very impressive, but as a presentation it is extremely boring.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Harrow posted:

To be fair, this one wasn't billed as a game or gameplay reveal. It was a "special announcement/showcase and interview."

The title of the stream does say game reveal, it might have been a good idea to not title it that too :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Harrow posted:

Which stream? The one on the official Game Awards/Summer Game Fest channel is titled: "Summer Game Fest: Special Wednesday Showcase + Interview"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp98SUBZYH8

I'm watching on the gameawards Twitch Geoff linked

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Look Americans ruin tea this horrible way, and Brits ruin breakfast by dropping a giant pile of beans onto their food like it's a prison meal. So it evens out.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

[brit thinking as hard as they can to create national meal] beans............................................... on toast

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

most things are better on toast

Things that are better on toast: butter, jelly, a second slice of toast, an egg
Things that do not belong on toast: beans

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, typically the united state's main thing with food is to ruin it but boy howdy do we know how to smoke big hunks of meat better than anyone else on the planet baby

Ironically beans are a staple side item in American BBQ

(I do not like beans)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

sharrrk posted:

up at 4:30 am thinking about how cool my fav fighting game character is

Ah, Bowser Jr :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

sharrrk posted:

i dont even know where to begin with this

Right?? My god

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The art in that game is really nice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ya know, the game isn't like... good, but theme song is good as hell and I wish it got covered on youtube more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mwWkwQjWVY

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Play Night in the Woods, it's basically Animal Crossing but everyone is a little sad and gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Khanstant posted:

bbring back cheat codes!!!!

glittering prizes
hatchet
all that glitters
ucla
blacksheepwall