Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dhaes posted:

gently caress it imma case you up

gently caress 'IM UP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dhaes posted:

here is my thought process:

if i was a scum with the role of voodoofly:

highwires conspiracy theory is dumb

okay this post made this game 100% awesomer thank you dhaes

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And now I'm caught up. I'm a fan of b- lynchypoo, the line on dhaes is weak as hell.

Dhaes is like the grizzled detective showing up at a grisly scene where a guy's been run over like 10 times and asks the beat cop "so I don't suppose anyone got the plates?" It doesn't read like "I *know* nobody watched that so I'm gonna gloat".

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Dhaes posted:

scum team is cidrick b-1 and chili

ending joke phase is no laughing matter

##vote cidrick

b-minus1 posted:

One of those thing is lot like the other.

It’s me. I’m town
seems early to jump onto a post to insist you're town when you're not even the guy being voted.

b-minus1 posted:

No I really am town. In fact I think our best strategy going forward is to treat me as mod confirmed town. It’s our best chance to snuff out the scum imho
yeah, this seems kinda strained serious-jokeyness.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pander if you come back tell me if I should get the expansion for xcom 2 or if I would be ok just playing the vanilla version I got for free, thanks

oh my god get the wotc expansion, it adds a ton of stuff.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Based on the night results, someone above me in the pick order is 100% scum fwiw.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Based on the night results, someone above me in the pick order is 100% scum fwiw.

Cidrick, Dhaes, Chili, or dy., who ya got.

I got dy., personally.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dhaes posted:

really? this is omgus af

tell me this: why wouldnt be in the town's best interest for a watcher that saw him get killed to spill it?

I didn't say that. I just found it strange that your mind went straight to watcher. Obviously, if a watcher has results that directly implicate a scum they should share that information.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Pander posted:

Weren’t you scum in a wifoa game where I did exactly this and you scum loving steam-rolled us because you just said duck it kill top spot who cares?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

b-minus1 posted:

I’m already getting some scum pings from a few people

either a misguided attempt to get us out of joke phase or saying something non-specific but vaguely sounds like he is actually doing some scum hunting

(he isn't. the only person that he actually calls scum is myself, a pretty blatant omgus, and he has never even remotely made a case on anyone. seriously. look at his post history. he calls plenty of people town but thats it)

i asked him, twice now, to expand on this and he won't. throwing poo poo and hoping it sticks?

b-minus1 posted:

Interesting

nothing post

b-minus1 posted:

Agreed. I almost voted him after that last post but decided not to because I didn’t want to get into an omgus argument. He’s at the top of my scum list .

cagey and afraid of looking like scum. town dont give a gently caress, they play. scum are the ones afraid of getting lynched. where is that scumlist you mentioned but never once actually talked about?

b-minus1 posted:

Honestly, I don’t have time at the moment. I won’t be able to check my phone much today and I already have a few votes so it isn’t worth it right now.

bs excuse. "im here but im not going to do anything" not like he is spending any time making posts anyway

b-minus1 posted:

I’m willing to give spoonsy the benefit of the doubt because it’s the weekend, but he definitely needs to come back and post. My galaxy brain is telling me that scum spoonsy realizes he overplayed his hand and is waiting for another person to get some heat before reappearing.

knows he is gonna flip town, hedging. "i dont think he is scum guys but lol if he is then maybe"

b-minus1 posted:

Ngl I don’t understand this fixation on pander. Yeah he’s lurking but it’s a weekend and also day 1. It isn’t necessarily a scumtell imo.

b-minus1 posted:

Uh, I didn’t call him scummy for doing it.

called him out the first time he made this post. no one called him scum. here he is saying "oh but guys he isn't scummy for lurking" and then his response to my post saying "The gently caress is this poo poo for real tho this is a daft as poo poo fake post. Voodoo isn't calling him scummy he is saying he needs to post. Is this a scum post defending a looking for a reason to defend someone they know is townie?" is... to completely ignore it and defend a point I wasn't making?

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll ##vote spoonsy

at the point he made this post there were a few things happening: he tilted to balance between a 3 way vote vote, it was obvious to anyone with half a brain what voodoo was attempting to do. he was voting here to make it look like contribution but not actually doing anything. again.

posting without posting. again.

b-minus1 posted:

Now that we know spoonsy was town my guess is that scum are lurking like crazy because there has never been any pressure on them. I’m also assuming voodoo is town now

or you know, lurking in plain sight by not posting anything of value

b-minus1 posted:

Unless I misunderstood what just happene, voodoo used an ability that caused spoonsys death. Why would a scum waste that on player that was going to be the lunch and open up the possibility to lose a scum to a lunch?

*everyone sees XYZ happen*

"so if im not mistaken, X took place which then lead to Y and so Z happened afterward."

once again, nothing

b-minus1 posted:

I like keanes case on dy

##vote dy

riding keane's coat tails when the actual author of the case wasn't voting dy (chili at this point). "look at me im here but im playing it safe and letting other people make moves"

b-minus1 posted:

I can see that. The jam push came out of nowhere

"shucks he caught us i better distance"

b-minus1 posted:

Honestly I’m not opposed to taking out the people that got to pick first. We can start with voodoo. Sure we may lose some town, but scum definitely wanted to steal those power roles from town. It seems unlikely that scum submitted 1 for their numbers. I was surprised when our number choices were made public. Jmo

the gently caress is this and on what planet is this even remotely a town thing to say

b-minus1 posted:

Just looked at everyone’s numbers again and I misunderstood the selection process for the draft. Hmmm

"better backpedal"

nothing post

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry, I’m not scum.

nothing post

b-minus1 posted:

No joke. I almost made this post but decided it would go over poorly

another one of these posts where he talks about not saying something cause he doesnt want to look like scum. town don't think like that. scum are thinking about not looking like scum literally every time they make a post but still trying to make posts and convince the town of whatever suits the scum

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

all yall better be voting b-1 after this

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Jamuraan (8): Pander, Hal Incandenza, Chili, Voodoofly, CCKeane, Dhaes, Cidrick, dy.
Pander (1): Jamuraan
dy. (1): b-minus1, Chili, Chili
b-minus1 (0): Dhaes, Dhaes
CCKeane (0): Pander, Pander
Chili (0): Voodoofly, CCKeane, Cidrick, Voodoofly, CCKeane, Cidrick

Not Voting (2): Highwire, wins32767

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 24th, 2020 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

these are the votes at the end of D1

hal and chili's votes look like a scumwagon pile on to try to force a mislynch on a rushed town - 100% one if not both are scum

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

oh hey there is some other poo poo against b-1, he was clearly here but didn't want to be on the mislynch because his scumbo scumbros were already on it

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Pander posted:

I mean statistically, probably, but what is your line of thinking here?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I don’t really love how I’m playing this game so far so gonna try to reset and do a reread at some point.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

dy. posted:

i must have missed this. i'd also like to hear what you have to say pander

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Honestly I’m not opposed to taking out the people that got to pick first. We can start with voodoo. Sure we may lose some town, but scum definitely wanted to steal those power roles from town. It seems unlikely that scum submitted 1 for their numbers. I was surprised when our number choices were made public. Jmo

Yeah you know Dhaes is right about this one, but, in particular, it isn't even internally consistent, in that he suggests going after Voodoofly and then in the same breath says scum are unlikely to submit 1 for their numbers.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

these are the votes at the end of D1

hal and chili's votes look like a scumwagon pile on to try to force a mislynch on a rushed town - 100% one if not both are scum

Where does pander fit in?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

first vote is a null tell and honestly im getting townie gut pings from him after he started posting

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

your post history is pretty bland

like palate of a middle aged woman from the midwest that thinks ketchup is spicy kind of bland

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

What is worse. The votes swapping to jammy to protect Chili, or Chili?

This is not a rhetorical question I’m going to try and read fresh again tonight or tomorrow.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

What is worse. The votes swapping to jammy to protect Chili, or Chili?

This is not a rhetorical question I’m going to try and read fresh again tonight or tomorrow.

I'm thinking this through. I feel like there could have been some opportunity to execute somebody with a high role draft pick, but I don't think that comes if Chili isn't scum and there's a push to get heat off of him?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

Yeah you know Dhaes is right about this one, but, in particular, it isn't even internally consistent, in that he suggests going after Voodoofly and then in the same breath says scum are unlikely to submit 1 for their numbers.

I did a terrible job explaining it, but the point I was trying to make was that scum likely have taken power roles from town players and it may be a good idea to just lunch the power roles early so we can instead nail people for scummy posts.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We need to talk about Pander.

I am willing to forgive the day 1 lurker stuff. I don't think that's a read one way or the other. Pander is a good poster, if he fell down some video game hole, fine.

What we can talk about is what happens after he comes back.

When he comes back he bats away a point:

Pander posted:

This is way too early to gambit like this.

Pander posted:

I don't know when reading this post whether wins is joking or actually thinks this is suspect behavior for keane.

Then offers nothing of use whatsoever.

Then we get this:

Pander posted:

I actually liked dy's question posing as town. He makes reasonable efforts to bring in viewpoints and discuss context, and I think keane went overboard in asserting that maybe town want to take anti-town roles because ????

And his latest case, quoted above, it just a giant ball of fluff masquerading as an actual case. It's the "Look how big this post is, therefore I'm blameless when he flips cause at least I clearly put effort in", when there's really nothing there except "he voted me".

callback to nostalgia, while I appreciate, doesn't feel like a from the heart keane joke.

In response to Keane's case. Which was substantive and contained actual stuff. Meanwhile, just read what Pander is seeing here. It it a callout of Keane? I mean, maybe if you squint, but only barely.

His follow up to that is also incriminating:

Pander posted:

10 town, 3 scum, and a bunch of roles that can stop kills, find scums, and investigate actions/roles that all work toward finding scum.

And then there's the towny who thinks "Oh I have a spot early enough to take this role, that can be game-breaking for the scum in a very certain circumstance, but anti-town to pretty much ever use as town, I should take that instead of making sure cop/doc/watcher/bodyguard got taken or hell even keeping the vig out of scum hands."

Nah. It's not zero scum, it makes the town less powerful because a town with enough power roles (and good play) can avoid the MYLO/LYLO situation where the oracle is a 33-50-100% win button depending on the # of scum left.

And let's compromise and say it's a matter of opinion: it still doesn't change the aggressive response you had beyond what seemed merited.

Only at the very end does he even wink at the notion of calling out Keane's alignment. The rest is just game spec. It doesn't even try to be useful. Keep in mind, the deadline at this point is like right the gently caress around the corner.

He then makes two posts that I won't bother quoting of no significance. But then we get something interesting.

Pander posted:

##vote keane

22 mins?

A vote on Keane with what he believed to be only 22 minutes left. Clearly, Pander had been reading the thread, Keane was out of nowhere and was not a likely choice. At all. But, Pander had said one or two things about him so he was justified in plunking a safe vote down, of absolutely 0 consequence that he knew he move off of after someone else got a ball rolling.

This honestly looks so bad that it almost feels like a safe bus vote.

And then there's the obvious:

Pander posted:

Really don't like jamuraan. He made a lumpenlist, which looked like an attempt to drum up content, because the minute someone called him out for calling Hal towny, he goes "oh yeah I guess after reading I should bump him down to suspicious".

And then he calls wins scum for attempting to drum up content.

He seems shifty to me.

Honestly, this isn't a terrible callout, but it is one of the rolling stones that got momentum on a townie ranked 3rd and likely to be decently equipped for the game.

But don't worry, because before anyone else can call him out for it. Lookit, checkit

Pander posted:

I explained to my wife how people pissed I wasn't around for 90% of the day and then I end up horsewhipping everyone into voting someone.

and that if jammy isn't scum I am so hosed tomorrow.

She laughed.

:f5:

So yeah, I think he is hosed. This is as good a way as any to try and dance out of a really tight spot. But from a scum perspective, he's already made a slam dunk. He gets a notch in his cap for being part of a last minute bandwagon that took out the 3rd rank draft pick AND on day 1 he avoided vig that went to townie. This essentially feels like a victory lap post and something that, if he manages to scurry by for days and see a win, he can point at as a masterstroke.

Voodoo and him being scum together doesn't compute to me. Voodoo being a giddy little kid with a lurker gun and spectacularly misfiring? Yeah, that makes sense to me.

##vote Pander

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I did a terrible job explaining it, but the point I was trying to make was that scum likely have taken power roles from town players and it may be a good idea to just lunch the power roles early so we can instead nail people for scummy posts.

I'm still not following.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
##unvote

I thought about it some more last night, and I think Dhaes's assertion about Voodoo and Pander not being scumbuddies makes more sense. It gets Voodoo off the hook but not necessarily Pander.

dy. posted:

I would also like to know this, because lumping together almost half of the remaining players into a bucket and saying "ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IS SCUM" is a fairly useless assertion.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chili posted:

But don't worry, because before anyone else can call him out for it. Lookit, checkit

So yeah, I think he is hosed. This is as good a way as any to try and dance out of a really tight spot. But from a scum perspective, he's already made a slam dunk. He gets a notch in his cap for being part of a last minute bandwagon that took out the 3rd rank draft pick AND on day 1 he avoided vig that went to townie. This essentially feels like a victory lap post and something that, if he manages to scurry by for days and see a win, he can point at as a masterstroke.

This is actually how Pander's post read to me when I was a lot more certain that Pander was in cahoots with Voodoo. With fresh eyes, I'm not so sure. It doesn't feel like victory lap to me. It does kind of read like it was an "Oh my god I can't believe this worked and we're about to lynch town, better leave myself an out" type of post, but I feel that, with the gift of hindsight, it's not a post that scum would make prior to the flip. If Pander were scum and truly knew Jammy's alignment, he puts himself at a lot of risk by making this post before the flip. If he were scum, the safer play would be to simply not make that post at all. The deadline voting bandwagon against Jam would have been grounds for a case against him on its own without adding the "Oh gosh, what if I'm wrong" post.

Chili posted:

Voodoo and him being scum together doesn't compute to me. Voodoo being a giddy little kid with a lurker gun and spectacularly misfiring? Yeah, that makes sense to me.

Yes, and also yes. But how does Voodoo's antics make Pander scum in this scenario? Aside from the horsewhipping post, your case against Pander feels thin.

I still think you're scum. Let's get this train rolling.

##vote Chili

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

I'm still not following.

In this setup I will have a difficult time trusting power roles and would rather lunch people for scummy content instead of trying to solve the game through night actions

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

In this setup I will have a difficult time trusting power roles and would rather lunch people for scummy content instead of trying to solve the game through night actions

Ok but why kill all the power roles

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
I've done some re-reading and in an effort to not just post a wall of quotes and replies that nobody is going to read, I'll just share a couple of thoughts.

- Hey Keane, you went through all of the effort of building a case on dy on day 1, and you still seem to be of that mind on day 2. You haven't voted for dy at all. Why?

- I actually like dhaes's case on b-1. A lot of it is pot/kettle/black white noise posts (hi dhaes), but I agree with his call-out of "We should start killing the top draft picks" post, and the call-out that b-1 was clearly around before and after the lynch deadline, yet only had a throwaway vote on dy based on a case that Keane made.

- wins and Hal both need to p-p-p-p-poooooost something of merit.

My scum reads for the moment are Chili, b-1, and then maybe wins, Hal, or Keane.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

b-minus1 posted:

First of all, this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok but why kill all the power roles

Second of all: This is an open setup where we know the roles and the number of scum. The link between alignment and roles is non-existent by design.

Thirdly: Generally speaking, my understanding is that power roles help the town out more than they help the scum out. Night actions are the only tool we get besides the lynch to know for certain who the scum are.

Fourth..ly?: I feel like I'm being gaslit (gaslighted?) by all the lunch/lynch mixed usage going on.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Cidrick posted:

This is actually how Pander's post read to me when I was a lot more certain that Pander was in cahoots with Voodoo. With fresh eyes, I'm not so sure. It doesn't feel like victory lap to me. It does kind of read like it was an "Oh my god I can't believe this worked and we're about to lynch town, better leave myself an out" type of post, but I feel that, with the gift of hindsight, it's not a post that scum would make prior to the flip. If Pander were scum and truly knew Jammy's alignment, he puts himself at a lot of risk by making this post before the flip. If he were scum, the safer play would be to simply not make that post at all. The deadline voting bandwagon against Jam would have been grounds for a case against him on its own without adding the "Oh gosh, what if I'm wrong" post.

Yes, and also yes. But how does Voodoo's antics make Pander scum in this scenario? Aside from the horsewhipping post, your case against Pander feels thin.

I still think you're scum. Let's get this train rolling.

##vote Chili

I'm projecting.

Were I scum, in Pander's shoes I would 100% make the post he just made. So fine, that's my own way of doing things, but you're basically just doing the opposite and saying he wouldn't do that. Which I guess invalidates both of us because Pander is own person. But then what the gently caress is there in mafia apart from empathizing with a point of view and trying to reason out how a person would act?

Voodoo's antics don't make Pander scummy. Pander is scummy irrespective of Voodoo. The only thing I can safely rule out is that they are not likely scum together. This feels obvious to me.

Anyhow you don't agree with my case? Fine. But it's a case and you didn't attack me for being inauthentic, you just disagreed. Townies are wrong more than they are right. How exactly are you seeing me as scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cidrick posted:

I've done some re-reading and in an effort to not just post a wall of quotes and replies that nobody is going to read, I'll just share a couple of thoughts.

- Hey Keane, you went through all of the effort of building a case on dy on day 1, and you still seem to be of that mind on day 2. You haven't voted for dy at all. Why?

- I actually like dhaes's case on b-1. A lot of it is pot/kettle/black white noise posts (hi dhaes), but I agree with his call-out of "We should start killing the top draft picks" post, and the call-out that b-1 was clearly around before and after the lynch deadline, yet only had a throwaway vote on dy based on a case that Keane made.

- wins and Hal both need to p-p-p-p-poooooost something of merit.

My scum reads for the moment are Chili, b-1, and then maybe wins, Hal, or Keane.

Somebody voted before the day started so I lost my vote by mafia law.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So, I went back and did a re-read because the end of the day events really threw me for a loop.

I don't see how voodoofly isn't town after the Spoonsy vig. I wouldn't have played it the way he did, but I can't imagine a scum player not saving a day vig for later and as someone pointed out, if pander was his scum buddy he would have told him to post more in scum chat.

If Chili is scum, Pander is almost certainly so. He came in and swung the day from Chili to Jammy. If Chili flips town, I think it's exceedingly unlikely that Pander is scum. Going that far out on a limb to swing an execution from one town to another (who are pretty close in the draft order) doesn't make much sense to me. However, it does feel like a Pander/Hal/Chili scum team is a reasonable possibility.

In particular after a reread, I think Hal's play warrants suspicion. He was on Spoonsy early, but threw out this bit of suspicion on Chili:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I know it comes across OMGUSy but he's giving me bad vibes too. It's fine to be aggressive and push at people but Chili has very little follow up on his stuff, I asked him to expand on his vote for me but he never did, and he's still sitting on that with no further analysis except that I was less scummy for voting Spoonsy
And up until Spoonsy got gavelled, the only two people that Hal had suspicion on where Chili and Spoonsy aside from this little throw away about pander for lurking.

Hal Incandenza posted:

oooh a noon merktime deadline, did not notice that. If not spoonsy I would be ok with chili or pander if he doesn't appear before deadline.

Spoonsy gets got and hal immediately votes his number 2, right? Well actually, he spends 5 or 6 post not doing anything and then once pander starts a push votes for Jammy. Now keep in mind that through that period Chili, his former second choice was at 4 votes (dy's misformatted vote not counting). Why not vote for Chili and push him over? Why suddenly switch to Jammy who as far as I can tell he didn't mention at all before the gaveling?

The vote swing at the last minute feels very scum driven. I'd vote for any of Chili/Hal/Pander today.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (1): Dhaes
Pander (1): Chili
Chili (1): Dhaes, Dhaes, Cidrick

Not Voting (7): b-minus1, CCKeane, dy., Hal Incandenza, Pander, Voodoofly, wins32767

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 27th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

So, I went back and did a re-read because the end of the day events really threw me for a loop.

I don't see how voodoofly isn't town after the Spoonsy vig. I wouldn't have played it the way he did, but I can't imagine a scum player not saving a day vig for later and as someone pointed out, if pander was his scum buddy he would have told him to post more in scum chat.

If Chili is scum, Pander is almost certainly so. He came in and swung the day from Chili to Jammy. If Chili flips town, I think it's exceedingly unlikely that Pander is scum. Going that far out on a limb to swing an execution from one town to another (who are pretty close in the draft order) doesn't make much sense to me. However, it does feel like a Pander/Hal/Chili scum team is a reasonable possibility.

In particular after a reread, I think Hal's play warrants suspicion. He was on Spoonsy early, but threw out this bit of suspicion on Chili:

And up until Spoonsy got gavelled, the only two people that Hal had suspicion on where Chili and Spoonsy aside from this little throw away about pander for lurking.

Spoonsy gets got and hal immediately votes his number 2, right? Well actually, he spends 5 or 6 post not doing anything and then once pander starts a push votes for Jammy. Now keep in mind that through that period Chili, his former second choice was at 4 votes (dy's misformatted vote not counting). Why not vote for Chili and push him over? Why suddenly switch to Jammy who as far as I can tell he didn't mention at all before the gaveling?

The vote swing at the last minute feels very scum driven. I'd vote for any of Chili/Hal/Pander today.

Seems like your case on Pander is largely predicated on Chili being scum. Why would you vote him before Chili?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Good evening everyone

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Cidrick posted:

I would also like to know this, because lumping together almost half of the remaining players into a bucket and saying "ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IS SCUM" is a fairly useless assertion.

It's based on role stuff and the scum choosing to (successfully) kill the #1 spot. With the benefit of hindsight I can see that it's still a probabilistic assertion though, not a Carl's 100% stone cold lock of the century of the week call.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Chili posted:

Only at the very end does he even wink at the notion of calling out Keane's alignment. The rest is just game spec. It doesn't even try to be useful. Keep in mind, the deadline at this point is like right the gently caress around the corner.
I think I was just making my way through posts and wasn't super cognizant of the time left when I started posting. I was mostly wrangling with a meta "is this really how towny keane plays? seems too serious?" read.

Chili posted:

A vote on Keane with what he believed to be only 22 minutes left. Clearly, Pander had been reading the thread, Keane was out of nowhere and was not a likely choice. At all. But, Pander had said one or two things about him so he was justified in plunking a safe vote down, of absolutely 0 consequence that he knew he move off of after someone else got a ball rolling.
Your use of "safe" here is kinda misleading. It's nearly deadline time and keane was on my shitlist, was wondering if anyone else had seen it all day but not really commented and could be moved by it. It's not "0 consequence" any more than any vote is. This is some very malicious framing on your part.

Chili posted:

This honestly looks so bad that it almost feels like a safe bus vote.
That makes more sense than calling it a "safe" vote or whatever that means. Cause I mean, I cheerled a jammy lynch from 0 to 8 votes in like 20 minutes, so who's to say the same couldn't happen to keane but for a small change in fate?

Chili posted:

Honestly, this isn't a terrible callout, but it is one of the rolling stones that got momentum on a townie ranked 3rd and likely to be decently equipped for the game.
It's not a terrible callout because jammy did play in a way that convinced me he was scum, apparently convinced others, and I didn't pay enough attention at the time to note his draft order spot. It wasn't until he flipped I even noticed. I kinda was in a hurry at the time, not doing much research on stuff like that.

Chili posted:

##vote Pander
I was giving the wife the play-by-play as I was catching up, and voodoo's thing happened, and the timer was counting down, and maybe we would no lynch, but maybe I can rally a lynch together, and then it did...it felt like finishing a madly dashed 800m. If Cidrick rides his bike more and someone else got busy, we probably would have no-lynched, so just to cross the finish line of playing more and getting a lynch kind of DID feel like an accomplishment. That post wasn't a victory lap or scum foreshadowing, just me having fun and not giving fucks.

You made a lot of words to dress up "Pander showed up, voted keane, then made bad posts that got jammy lynched," all couched in the most negative, misleading context possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I agree with that, but why does it necessitate lynching power roles first as you said in your previous post?

b-minus1 posted: