Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hi thread. i picked up gta v for free from the epic store a while back and am trying it out online. anyone else play? looking for yosbuddies. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

bobbilljim posted:

I tried online one time and kept getting blown up as soon as i spawned. apparently they cant do anyhtign about hackers on there

i kept trying to run over tacticool/wicked clownz and pretty much instantly died each time. oh well. i suck at video games anyway and online play is pretty much just another type of shitposting for me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I like the word cuck insofar as it’s a useful litmus test to see if someone is complete irredeemable garbage

i’m okay with this.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

depending on the context i treat “liberty” and “tyranny” similarly.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh god, some of the most cursed text ever typed.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

people who think like that need to be put in an intense residential therapy program. I’m 100% serious.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

life during playtime

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i wanna fly the john denver plane

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nice.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

you love to see it!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'll play it in 2030 when it's free on the Square-Epic-Sony-Disney channel.

smae jerry

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wish you were a far cry from your keyboard right now!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:swish:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dogma balls

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah at the uninstall wizard

:c00lbert:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I keep coming back to Granny Smith

this harold and maude remake sounds terrible

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol if you don’t nom some khat behind the jimmie johns on your way in to the office

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

score high, so what

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

This.

its not 2001 anymore and digital storesfront don’t run out of copies

um actually i'm pretty sure 1990 was only ten years ago op.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

idk, if the whole vectoring effect or w/e that is was novel back then it was probably pretty impressive. kinda like when starfox came out.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

more like fright flyer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my stepdads beer posted:

is this a good gaming chair

yeah for a casual pleb console scrub

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i guess. wouldn’t know tho. im an ipad gaming patrician

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that’s the kind of chair i spin around and sit on backwards when i want to “rap” with some kids.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0816FYYN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_d2quFb063DZBE

slapped a good set of wheels on it and it works out well.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, hey, it’s art.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

badass christ

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ah, angrier than a boiled owl. a good one.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it's an upstate maine expression.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

akadajet posted:

even when I was a kid I could recognize that starfox was an unplayable slide show

oh you hosed up this time buddy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

CJS: Just ended the epic fight against the Red Death. It was touch and go for a moment.

sorry about your bloody flux

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bet your mom thinks otherwise

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that’s what I imagine many finnish people look like

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

carry on then posted:

more like finished

:masterstroke:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh come on!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its so good except for the fighting, which sucks so bad

big fail for something called “hit man”

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

haven’t played the java version in years. does it still run like poo poo?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Eeyo posted:

im not sure how it used to run, but i haven’t had much of an issue whenever i’ve played it on my MacBook Pro. my wife and i used to play together (her on her physical-drive MacBook Pro) when we were long-distance so it’s definitely playable on a lot of hardware.

i don’t think it takes a terribly powerful PC to have a big draw distance on it. i’ve got a GTX 960 and it’s fine, but i can’t remember what the draw distance is set at.

i think at some point they did an optimization pass or two but i do t remember when or how much it improved things.

sounds like it’s quite a but better then. i remember when you’d need a decent computer to run it enjoyably, otherwise framerate and draw distance would be atrocious. talking five years ago or more in my case though.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

install optifine

yeah, this is the stuff i don't want to gently caress around with. i'll just stick with my win 10 version and not worry about game janitoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

well it’s just a jar you put into the .minecraft folder then you select it from the launcher instead of the vanilla client

yeah, i used to jump through the hoops. i have zero interest in doing it anymore.