Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh gently caress cat photos. My Maine Coon is a lean 30lbs. Certified no cat gunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

congratulations on being a piece of poo poo i guess

I guess. I'd rather be a piece of poo poo than dead from a brick to the head.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

To continue the rap.....This is one of my favorites, been listening a lot to this lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXVRm2_oxZE

[e] if it's embedded it will only play the first song for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXVRm2_oxZE&list=OLAK5uy_mlY0wGbk5bomZaxiWZgBD7_PkHTTNqTIE&index=2

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 2, 2020

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

jonathan posted:

nobody is bricking anyone gently caress right off

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

I mean, if it existed you know the police would have brick guns.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

jonathan posted:

oh would you look at that the number of people attacked in their cars unprovoked by protesters counter remains firmly at zero

now the number of people attacked in cars unprovoked by police counter, that one's all too high

and the number of people attacked in cars after trying to run people over counter, that one continues to rise and will continue to rise, mashallah, as long as murderous fucks (like you, evidently) try to run over protesters

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah, the only people in cars getting attacked are the ones who tried to force their way through. Which is a stupid loving idea.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Yeah, the only people in cars getting attacked are the ones who tried to force their way through. Which is a stupid loving idea.

They deserve it, and it's super risky for protesters to confront them, I hold my breath every time I see that :ohdear:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
The police should stop rioting against peaceful civilians

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The police should stop rioting against peaceful civilians

:hai:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Remember there's only one party trying to pass legislation to legalize hitting protestors with cars

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

BraveUlysses posted:

Remember there's only one party trying to pass legislation to legalize hitting protestors with cars

How insane is it that we've come to a position where someone is trying to justify a mob of people blocking the road as being completely innocent of any wrongdoing?

How far into extremes of hypothetical examples do we have to go before you, just maybe, admit that a group of people trying to prevent others from going about their lawful, normal business and travel should be prevented from doing so?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

wait is this the part where we say yes people should hit protesters with cars

because it sounds like that's where you've gotten to

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

It appears I'll be cleaning my friends list a bit more this year then. loving hell.

I solve the issue by literally not reading my feed, and just pop into FB to check out the AI group, and a couple others. Mostly eschew FB anyway.

Ansith posted:

I haven't done anything car related in a while since late march because lazy, even though I was stuck at home with the car as company

As tribute I bring you birbo? turbirb? turbirbo?

(Old photo, sorry if you've already seen it)

Clearly, that's a Bird-turbo.

Also, I'm just going to assume that's going on a Barra, because that, the rotary, and Chevy V8 are the only engines that exist in Australia. Right?

meatpimp posted:

:sigh:

Edit: not to emptypost a meme, things are going to start to suck. I see that in a number of facets of life right now. We've been through tough times before, but this is honestly starting to get a little bit intimidating.

Sorta, but at least in Logan's Run, you get killed before you become an entrenched old who hates change.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Prong Song posted:

How insane is it that we've come to a position where someone is trying to justify a mob of people blocking the road as being completely innocent of any wrongdoing?

How far into extremes of hypothetical examples do we have to go before you, just maybe, admit that a group of people trying to prevent others from going about their lawful, normal business and travel should be prevented from doing so?

Pretty sure the whole point of protesting is to disrupt all of that in the first place? If you happen to be driving around and get caught up in it oh well, sit in your car and wait until it's over. Or get out and join them.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I never thought that this would be a big burden for people, but can we please agree to not kill each other if it can possibly be avoided? I feel like that's a reasonable expectation

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But my lawful normal business!!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I don't particularly enjoy or want to be inconvenienced but when I balance that up against issues that usually get protested against I find my personal convenience typically comes out on the short end. Also, protests in my city were like 1/100th of the level of inconvenience that college football saturday poses.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I was at a statehouse protest with my son today. Lots of marching and road domination with the few thousand people in attendance.

You know what I did when I got into my vehicle to go home? Avoided the area, because trying to drive in an area like that is asinine.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

The Prong Song posted:

How insane is it that we've come to a position where someone is trying to justify a mob of people blocking the road protesting continuous violation of their civil right and being murdered by actors of the state as being completely innocent of any wrongdoing?

How far into extremes of hypothetical examples do we have to go before you, just maybe, admit that a group of people trying to prevent others from going about their lawful, normal business and travel blissfully ignoring massive societal problems and systemic repression of people brought here against their will should be prevented from doing so?

There... that's better.

God forbid the "lawful, normal business and travel" is interrupted for a few hours in the pursuit of America actually living up to its promises. Don't drive your car into throngs of protesters. How loving hard is that to comprehend? If they're in front of your house, sorry bub, you're gonna have to wait until they move on. Apologies for the inconvenience. Would you try to drive through a collection of people fleeing a disaster? Leaving a massive public gathering or sporting event?

It's the same as "Don't try to drive across raging flood waters". These people are a force of nature.

No one is saying the protesters are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. That's a False Dilemma, a classic logical fallacy. I'd say that they are certainly blocking the road, which is a wrongdoing. However, I'd say their greater goal supersedes the inconvenience their road-blocking presents to the public, especially given the short duration of the inconvenience. Our forefathers did plenty of "wrongdoing" to create this country. The civil rights marches of the 60's did too. I'd wager that we're collectively OK with those "wrongdoings" given the outcome.

The counterprotest to the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville was a double-wrongdoing: The UtR rally was unlawful, and so was the counterprotest... we've seen where that led.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don't particularly enjoy or want to be inconvenienced but when I balance that up against issues that usually get protested against I find my personal convenience typically comes out on the short end. Also, protests in my city were like 1/100th of the level of inconvenience that college football saturday poses.

Yeah right I'd rather have a protest temporarily block traffic than the clusterfuck that is MLB game traffic that happens right at rush hour.

meatpimp posted:

I was at a statehouse protest with my son today. Lots of marching and road domination with the few thousand people in attendance.

You know what I did when I got into my vehicle to go home? Avoided the area, because trying to drive in an area like that is asinine.

Also this. If you happened to get caught up in it by accident oh well ride it out like everyone else does.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Speaking of protesters and dumping people off your feed, I came across this lovely gem today.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What in the gently caress is wrong with people Jesus Christ we have a long way to go

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
This is america man,

Your right to travel doesn’t exist. Driving is a privilege extended to you by the state.

Your right to protest kinda comes from the constitution. First amendment I think? Thats not a privilege.

Also, don’t judge a group of people by the actions of a few. Pretty certain at this point there are right wing agent provocateurs in those crowds trying to get people shot. Yeah, destruction is inherently unjust and wrong, but its NOT a legitimate reason to ignore the cries of a community seeking redress from some rather long term persecution in this country.

Which brings me to my next point, minority rule needs to end. So desperately. This country has huge issues that come only because a handful of people can manipulate the system in their favor at the expense of others.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Prong Song posted:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The Prong Song posted:

I missed this.

As I said, I just came from just a "mob" of people. It started out with about 500. During the march, almost everyone stayed on the sidewalk, but, in keeping together, blatantly disregarded the crosswalk signals, true.

Later on, the number of people was in the thousands and yes, the roadway was dominated. That is an action of civil disobedience. It draws attention because it goes against the norms to point out a larger issue with society.

Yes, it inconvenienced motorists, but it was a clearly visible obstacle. To those people that were inconvenienced, at least it didn't last that long. But there is NO way you can justify driving a vehicle INTO the protesting mob as anything other than intentional infliction of injury. Vastly, completely, comprehensively different than making a motorist wait for a bit, or hell, even turn around and find another route.

Edit: And with regard to "preventing them from doing so," the police were there in force and declined to act. In other instances, the police are not present in enough numbers to "prevent" such an occurrence.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BraveUlysses posted:

LA riots

But also I watched a video of guys leaping onto the side of the cab of a FedEx truck while others were trying to steal the cargo from it. That's the video where the truck drives off and someone was stuck between the trailers.

Basically if I get caught in a suprise mob who's trying to steal valuables and seems intent on dragging me out of the vehicle, I'll let the courts decide later on who was at fault.

jonathan fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 2, 2020

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I just want the buildings to be reduced to rubble.
So this (let's be clear, talking about property damage) merits a warning, but this:

jonathan posted:

I'm trying to imagine what I'd do if I came up on a crowd of rioters who started tossing poo poo and trying to open my doors. I'm pretty sure I'd plow through everyone. Of course if you find yourself in the middle of a riot, your trip planning sucked. But the mental exercise of watching youtube vids and then putting myself in that situation gives me a low level adrenaline dose.

jonathan posted:

... is fine?

jonathan is a racist piece of poo poo

jonathan posted:

LA riots

But also I watched a video of guys leaping onto the side of the cab of a FedEx truck while others were trying to steal the cargo from it. That's the video where the truck drives off and someone was stuck between the trailers.

Basically if I get caught in a suprise mob who's trying to steal valuables and seems intent on dragging me out of the vehicle, I'll let the courts decide later on who was at fault.

... who is specifically threatening violence. Far more specific and objectively far worse than anything Rhyno has EVER said.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Black Lives Matter.

If you're more worried about property damage than human lives, you're a piece of poo poo, and you can gently caress right off.

\/\/ I figured you weren't that mad about my choice of welder :q:

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 2, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Glad you made up a theoretical strawman scenario in your head to preemptively justify murdering people I guess.

E: directed at racist piece of poo poo jonathan.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 2, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

jonathan posted:

Or you could just sit in your truck with the doors locked and let them steal what they want who cares?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

jonathan posted:

LA riots

I kindy invite you to gently caress off with your protestor murdering fantasy

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Krakkles posted:

Black Lives Matter.

If you're more worried about property damage than human lives, you're a piece of poo poo, and you can gently caress right off.

This.

AI is cool and good because it isn't like other automotive forums. This racist piece of poo poo is what makes it like other automotive forums.
gently caress off jonathan.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Or you could just sit in your truck with the doors locked and let them steal what they want who cares?
Or go to the protest, park your car outside the area, and support human rights?

Or, gosh, I dunno, talk to them?

Also, holy poo poo, I knew jonathan was a turd, but that rap sheet is long and consistent. I don't think probation is getting the message across.

cursedshitbox posted:

AI is cool and good because it isn't like other automotive forums. This racist piece of poo poo is what makes it like other automotive forums.
gently caress off jonathan.
:hfive:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Remember, we live in a country where people were outraged that they had to LOOK at a black man on his knee in protest, before he entertained them with a football game. They acted like he ruined the game, when he didn't even loving delay it.

It really comes down to selfishness and/or greed. We've cultivated it as a value in this country and at least half the population is infected with it. Boo hoo, the road was blocked. Grow the gently caress up and think about someone else for a hot minute. Like the guy who was murdered for possibly trying to pass a fake twenty while having black skin.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

jonathan posted:

Oh gently caress cat photos. My Maine Coon is a lean 30lbs. Certified no cat gunt.

Its a shame such a good catte lives with such an awful human being.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Also, holy poo poo, I knew jonathan was a turd, but that rap sheet is long and consistent. I don't think probation is getting the message across.

Jesus, how the gently caress is this dude still allowed to post in SA at all.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i'm willing to give jonathan the benefit of the doubt that he's not really an awful human being, i am sure he is perfectly nice to friends and family and cashiers etc, but it would be nice for him to look critically at what he's saying. the fact that you're self-inserting as part of the group of people who is currently primarily deliberately driving cars in to protests is telling, man.

i think that yes, if your life is in imminent actual danger, you are justified in protecting your life. you can buy or make more stuff, you can't replace a life. this is also why if someone is stealing stuff out of the back of your box truck (and lets be serious mate you are really projecting if you think that's a scenario that is going to happen to you) YOU LET THEM HAVE IT rather than endangering their life. learn this in hour 1 of truck driver orientation for any of the big parcel companies. if a big crowd of protesters is around you, talk to them! they're not animals. they're scared and on edge too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i'm willing to give jonathan the benefit of the doubt that he's not really an awful human being, i am sure he is perfectly nice to friends and family and cashiers etc, but it would be nice for him to look critically at what he's saying. the fact that you're self-inserting as part of the group of people who is currently primarily deliberately driving cars in to protests is telling, man.

i think that yes, if your life is in imminent actual danger, you are justified in protecting your life. you can buy or make more stuff, you can't replace a life. this is also why if someone is stealing stuff out of the back of your box truck (and lets be serious mate you are really projecting if you think that's a scenario that is going to happen to you) YOU LET THEM HAVE IT rather than endangering their life. learn this in hour 1 of truck driver orientation for any of the big parcel companies. if a big crowd of protesters is around you, talk to them! they're not animals. they're scared and on edge too.

Look at his rap sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

What in the gently caress is wrong with people Jesus Christ we have a long way to go

Also, remember FacBook isn't reality - it's just a more visible outlet for the stupid people than we've ever had before.
Also, also, see the tagline of this very website: "The Internet makes you stupid."

LloydDobler posted:

Remember, we live in a country where people were outraged that they had to LOOK at a black man on his knee in protest, before he entertained them with a football game. They acted like he ruined the game, when he didn't even loving delay it.

It really comes down to selfishness and/or greed. We've cultivated it as a value in this country and at least half the population is infected with it. Boo hoo, the road was blocked. Grow the gently caress up and think about someone else for a hot minute. Like the guy who was murdered for possibly trying to pass a fake twenty while having black skin.

I blame the Boomer generation that had the entire world handed to them with minimal effort (well, little of *their* effort - their parent's generation handled that part) in the wake of WW2. the same generation that wonders why the younger generations aren't buying houses or cars, and working their way up from a part time job at minimum wage. (It's because you took all the poo poo, and won't give it back. You sent all the labor and manufacturing overseas. *You* did this. *My* generation [Gen X, I'm 50] just caught the edge of that prosperity.)

Fake edit: The problem of jonathan has been addressed, so I won't add any more to that poo poo show.