Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Joke phase or joke faze?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

westgate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also poo poo, 5 days! i can't poo poo post that long.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

let's mass claim

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

So let's not waste this D1, even if it's extra long. It looks like Somber put a lot of work into this flavour, which is very cool, and so I don't want it to be a lurky game.

Open question for everyone because I haven't played in a while and honestly don't have meta reads on most of you: who are you hoping isn't scum this game and why?

I feel like it's probably merk for me because he can either be disengaged or really aggro as a player, as either alignment and both I have a really hard time reading, especially the latter, since I tend to have a lot of doubt in my own reads when someone pushes back on them.

humalong. i've played a lot of games with them and i can never tell the difference between their poo poo posting scum game and their poo poo posting town game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

content game or content game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

The first player to publicly decode this message will receive a small boon

I still don’t know how people worked this out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

Nah, It will all make sense.

That’s not entirely reassuring

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are saying merks recent bout of effort posting is flailing? In what way?

it's literally how i usually post when i'm catching up and trying to portray it as flailing is bad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh i mean to quote you and asiina

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

I also think that Jen X post is questionable.

wait did i misread your earlier post about feet to the fire? i thought you liked her explanatory post?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

Hey y'all. This is going to be weird.

I’ve given this idea a significant amount of thought, and I would like to make a rather odd proposal. I am proposing voting me out today (day 1). I am town, but I think that it would be a gain for the town overall if I was voted out. My role being removed from the game, specifically on day 1 and specifically how I am inclined to play the role if I were to live, would enable the roles of a few other people who are most likely to be town. Essentially, without giving too much away about my role and other people’s roles, I see my role (and how I would play it) as getting in the way of and hindering other town roles. The circumstances of my role could and will likely change as the game goes on, but as it currently stands, I think that it would be a net-positive for the town to vote me out.

Obviously I think that voting out scum over me would be the most beneficial thing for the town to do, but I’m not inspired by our day 1 so far. (I will comment on the cases/posts that have happened later today. I haven’t read the last page or two closely. Maybe y’all made a great case and I haven’t read it yet). But I think that this is legitimately not a bad idea to possibly a good idea for the town.

Furthermore, to clear up some questions that I assume that you are likely going to have since I’m not going to be around for next few hours likely:
Q: What’s going on with your earlier day 1 posts?
A: I was just having fun. They don’t mean anything. I was trying to maybe pick some dumb fights for my own amusement.

Q: Why aren’t you voting for yourself if you think that voting yourself out is a good option?
A: First ##unvote. I’m going to try to find scum. It’s a better option. But voting me out is a good one, and one that I think should be on the table. Plus if you think that I’m scum then, all the more reason to do it I suppose.

Q: Are you a jester?
A: No. I’m town. I’m also not saying that voting me out on a later day will also be a good idea.

Q: Is this a gambit?
A: No I’m being as sincere as I can be. Take it for what you will.

Q: What’s your role?
A: I’m not interested in saying at this time.

Again, I want to state that I've given this a lot of thought. I'd be not inclined to post this, unless I truly thought that this would help give the town an edge to win the game. I realize that this does not take my scum hunting into account (though non-existent in the thread so far I will admit), but I think that the absence of my role could be quite strong for other roles in the game.

Why can't you not use your role? are you compelled to make a night action?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote

I'm gonna rethink things Spoonsy seems off to me

because of the accompanying votes or...?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

You voting subrosa for also calling out merk, who I believe is your scumbuddy.

that's assuming a lot about two players?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I intercepted a communication that said hambeet is un-American.

i'm as american as maple syrup!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jen X posted:

lmao

anyway fwiw spoonsy is actually telling the truth, though I have no idea how he has this info, but it's a weird unconfirmed masonry (talk only at night, privately vote for kill target) not a team

it's why solus poking at tokes for being weird about her presence in it (presumably) is totally fine in my books and tokes voting for asiina — after directly wishing to die to aid asiina (and solus and me) is such a strange thing

so a team with oot communications and a shared kill...

:thunk:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct

okay this is doing my head in.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Note that 3/4 of this mysterious alliance have made the difference in the current vote count.

hmmm yes noted.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

Also ugh, I didn't consider that Spoonsy might have gotten this info from whoever the mole is in our group, but again, why blow up their spot instead of seeing if they can influence our kill to be on some town. It doesn't really make sense as a scum move.

look game crafting and all, but isn't any other nk a thread to scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

UGH THREAT. not thread.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jen X posted:

I think it's tokes, if anyone

they're the one who put themselves up on the chopping block though?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

Probably Jen > Tokes > Solus.

I've been agreeing with Solus for most of this day and I don't know why scum-Tokes would telegraph her role like that. If she is scum and wanted to take down 3 townies there'd be easier ways to do it.

my gut says it'd go the other way. she's shone the whole light on this weird mechanic which caused solus to out themselves before it blew up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

Tokes has a vote on Asiina. Tokes asked to be lunched by town. I do not see scum doing this D1 even as a gambit. My case, Tokes feelings, Spoons message. Vote Asiina for a better tomorrow.

yeah this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress i completely misread your post asiina, you were saying what i was thinking. i missed the 'don't know' part i think.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Yeah, out of the four of us I don't think it's tokes, though I don't think she thought through her sacrifice all the way- I think she wanted it to be easier for us to use the NK, but didn't think enough of it through if one was scum. Hard to choose between jx and asiina, but given that scum tends to agree with me because I'm good at being wrong, I'd suspect asiina the most.

Don't think scum spoons would blow this up for apparent small benefit, unless they're fully flailing.

Would prefer hum at this point still and I'll switch off spoons for that: ##vote hum

uhhhh this post changes gears quickly.

why hum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

solus only thing i can see you talking about is hum unvoting tokes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Because hum and spoons were still my top two reads before spoons dropped all the dimes and I don't see a significant benefit for scum spoons to do this? By no means do we have to pick someone from these four and I don't understand why you and dgk seem to be implying that?

well for me it's because you'd not talked about hum in that post, and i didn't recall you talking about him much at all. i looked back and saw two posts about him. one querying his vote and another querying his unvote as being fake. that's it. so your vote for him and backing off spoonsy after talking about who of the 4 is the scummiest just came across disjointed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

breadcrumbing is for people who want to get night killed.

especially if you're gluten intolerant

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I’d shift to any of the four in descending order:

Tokes -> Asiina -> Solus -> Jen X

so tokes was gambitting by asking to be voted today?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

if you want to have something even more spicy I think there's a fifth member who isn't in the masonry, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into flavor tbh for that one

!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

Page 7

Page 11

mason Asiina would've read the first post and known spoonsy knew something was up.

Asiina voted spoonsy knowing he may've known something about the masonry.

Asiina defended Solus-the-fellow-mason.

Asiina is making up content and that is the scummiest thing I'm seeing. She is the mason to kill.

hmmmmmm that's not terrible, actually.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have no idea what this sentence means.

i think it was a response to asiina saying she agreed with yuming's case on spoonsy ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote asiina

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

This strikes me as scummy as gently caress from both of them.

yuming's case swayed me towards deadline. humalong too.

why only those two?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like coming into day 2, i'm not sure that yuming would be high on my suspect list

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dbd i think you're being too generous painting sandwolf's reactions as being genuine. i'm re-reading him and it looks as if he's trying to deflect away from jen / discredit votes against her right from the get go.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh wait i can't read. you were talking about potentially from jen's perspective. ugh.

well yes i agree then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Interesting takes on some players. I think it makes Sandwolf less likely to be scum because JX just waves away the whole thing instead of taking a position at all. Not sure what it looks like on taste.

I think it potentially looks like a light bus on Spoonsy.

Idk avoiding giving an opinion is also an easy out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

Not that I'm doubting JX's flip in particular, but do have to remind that this game's post does warn us that maybe there are death millers. It's a detail that could be overlooked or forgotten.

A reasonable reminder that I had forgotten, but this combined with your first post for the day about the masons taking out Jen is kinda giving me the heebie jeebies.