Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.

Lonán's DVice chimes, bringing up the Concordant logo and Hilde Stahl's face. "Wrecker Lonán. I note that you are heavily engaged and in danger of becoming REKT. Let me consult to see if there are any purchases you could make that would aid your survival." After a hurried discussion, Director Stahl makes a purchase order. "As always, my continued wishes for your survival and success, Wrecker Lonán. Director Stahl out."

Spending 36L from Lonán to deliver a CS II via experimental CHARGEDrone to restore power units.

nweismuller fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

HP: 6/6 MV: 3 DR: 3 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 5. Scrap: 05. Luxe: 067
Belt: 2 Air, 3 Med, 3 Power. Tokens: 6 Infest, 1 Rad, 1 Poison. Sponsor: Diamond IAMC.
Hiver (Protean): Access to Hiver Challenge List. +1 to Craft Rolls. ACT: Apiculture a consumable.
Headhunter X-Train: Crit = 2x Damage. Cyber (0/2) Mutations (4/4)
Worm that Walks (B-Vo): Max HP cannot be reduced below # of Infest. Abilities/gear that spend/transfer Infest cost 1 fewer Token.
Lamellar Thorax (B-Vo): +2DR; spend 1 0 Infest for +1DR for the phase. (Always on.)
Nuclear Arms (Lvl2): +1 damage with melee, +1 per Rad Token. No heavy weapon penalty. Missile attacks downscaled twice.
Exo-Propolis (B-Vo): Consume 2 Scrap as an ACT to repair a Map Feature or restore 2 HP to a synth unit, or during a Craft as a Lvl 1 Crafting Component.
Fumig8R: Loaded. ENC: Spend X Air to perform indiscriminate 1d8/AoE X-Infest. 3 2 Infest to reload.
Kid Squid: 3/3 HP.
Toby the MBC: 1/1 HP 3DR.

In the foreground Kid Squid picks through a field of giblets, following the beeping of a chem sensor to prize glands.

In the background Talcum carefully decorates their mantle in streamers of biowaste, half-sunk into a depilated pore.

In the corner of the UI a flash sale pops up for meat-themed apparel and display skins.

Local Card(s): Grease Trap
Orders: Prepare Ambush.
Kid Squid "Orders": Salvage Slider for Scrap (1 + 1d4-2 + ?) and 1 Air Token.
Toby Orders: Bodyguard Kid Squid.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

HP: 5/5, Move: 2
Luxe: 16L [-1L this Hazard]
Scrap: 2>6
Belt Tokens: 3 Med, 3 Power, 0 Air
Hazard Tokens: 1 Poison
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk
Equipped Utility mods: Hazmat-B [Burn DR +2]
Augs:
Adrenal Accelerator: When subject is hit during ENC, subject's ACT is Boosted.
Jacklegz©: +1 Move

The Lord of Hats posted:

"Aight! Nice hustle babs, LJ, you got an official 'vite to the entour-"

Acolyte, covered in blood, stops looting the Late Johnson's still warm corpse for a moment to look up at Opal. "Ah, he's already dead actually. It's a shame, but it'd be a grave sin to just abandon his stuff to roaming looters."

freeAct: Salvage for 2 scrap and looting The Late Johnson's death cache.
ACT: Transferring the EM Coils from The Late Johnson's EZ-Snipe to my x-DPM Rifle.
Which should complete H.R.R.S.'s challenge Forged in Grease Fire, which will give me more Luxe due to gub.wrm

Edit: Forgot about inventory limits, so I'm scrapping TLJ's CS Suite 1 armor and his EZ-Snipe, while keeping the Opti-Scope, MBC, and the CS-Capacitor armor mod if I'm allowed to freely pop it out of TLJ's armor.

Astus fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 17, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
WRECKER 10: Bonny-Anne Elsewhere

HP: 3/3 | Move: 2/2 | DR: 1/1 | Med: 2/3 | Power: 2/3 | Air: 0/3 | Scrap: 2 | Luxe: 21
Mounted: Gamma Enforcer HP: 3/3 | Move: 3/3 | DR: 1/1 | Power: 2/3 | Hatch: Closed Tokens: null
Rigspike: A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.

"It is a sign of true greatness that one can not notice that they're on fire."

ACT: Extinguish the Dragon Something

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 5 Current DR: 2
Belt resources: Power: 1 Medical Units: 1 Air: 0
Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:
[X]MBC: 1/1 HP, 3DR

With Ned busy fiddling away on that DVice of his, Shines-in-Heaven busied herself prying off everything around her that wasn't nailed down until an incoming message alert caught her attention. Pertinax had authorised a delivery to her and attached a short note from Aethelred himself:

Aethelred posted:

My Favourite Kaiju

Please be on the lookout for a little assist package that will be winging itself your way shortly. The drone is configured to autochelate some of the toxins you've accrued too. A number of the other wreckers are rig-mounted now so we need to figure out something to multiply both your damage output and damage resistance to compete in rig-scale combat. You're a perfect candidate for the Pertinax Warhulk program what with your existing natural ability, so I suggest we begin getting you down that particular path. Thoughts?
Shines-in-Heaven took a moment to compose a brief reply:

quote:

Dear Aethelred

I am happy to hear that Pertinax is so willing to support my ambitions. At time of writing my plans are to fill out my legally approved limit of augmentations during this first round of the heap. I already have a lead on three of the four augmentations I would want to acquire, and am confident a fourth one will turn up as well. I could use some heavier weaponry, but I'm sure PAFS will be able to secure something along those lines soon.
Best Wreckards
Shines-in-Heaven

ACT: Salvage (Lootroll if the transponder counts as salvageable)
FreeAct: Scrap the Grogutz

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

HP: 2/2 Move: 2 (Shift) Scrap: 2 -> 1 Luxe: 15
DR: 2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 0 Air // 3 Med // 0 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: 1 Warp, 2 Poison
Rig Status: 2/2 HP, Hatch: Closed
Cyber: 1/1
Muts: 2/4
Other: Ruptured 0XYGN8R (Cannot regain Air Units, and all hits will inflict a Burn Token)

Augs posted:

Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round. [Used this round]
Prehensile Teratoma: Subject may Reload or Modify Gear as a freeACT; 1 in 6 chance to take a random ACT.
D-Mutation - Dimensional Lens: May be used instead of Cover. Reverses the value of a single die this phase (i.e. 1-3 succeeds and 4 fails on a 1d4).
>[Lvl 2] Subject may spend Warp Tokens to affect a like number of additional dice.

Finally, a free moment. Dunk Tuggum leaned back in his rig's seat, placing his Mighty Foot in front of the cockpit camera. He reached into his pocket and retrieved his set of tiny screwdrivers, rolling them out over his lap. A practiced hand motion disengaged the safety latch on his GobRig, a few twists disengaged the clamps. There was a hiss and a wheeze as it was removed, as Dunk's gaping face hole was exposed to open air. Various hoses and a withered, vestigial tongue flopped onto Dunk's neck.

He spent a few minutes tinkering with the GobRig, ignoring the annoyed buzzing coming from his DVice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he'd be back on camera soon enough.

Prehensile Teratoma: 1d6 6
ACT: Spending a scrap to fix Dunk's Ruptured 0XYGN8R

Sponsors: Sponsors that have an outstanding catchphrase submission for Dunk: Magitek Mafia x 1, Sluus x 1

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

#5 - Opal Dang-Cobra, Rookie Junker
HP: 4/5 Move: 1 Luxe: 30
DR: DR1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 0 Power // 1 Air // 0 Scrap
Hazard Tokens: none
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Cyber [3/5]: Eyegear (+1 Upscale) // Magneto-Mantle (Spend 1 Scrap at start of ENC to gain DR 1 for phase) // Adrenal Accelerator On being hit in ENC, next ACT is boosted
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 1 (+1 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [1/2]: GroGutz (Heal ACT restores +1 HP) // Fabrikit Repair Synthetic Targets with a Heal ACT
Familiar [1/2]: Torchlight

Opal turned to glare at Acolyte for interrupting her, but stopped when she saw Johnson’s body.

“Well, shiznit. Pour one out for a real one, everybody. LJ and me, we went way back.Wreck in Pieces, mi cajones, and may the sharpest angles carry you to your sleep. Gonna write a tribute song for you, aight? Spread some of those good times we shared.”

As Opal spoke, Groupie began angrily incinerating The Late Johnson’s remains.

“Aight, take five, pop, lock, shock and recharge it. Full batts on this hunt.”

freeAct: Salvage slain enemies for power tokens and scrap
Act: Spend one Med token to heal.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

2. Cyka

Cyka collects grease, and produces Refined GREEZ!

Cyka completes Fryguy's mission, and receives Gold Reward Crate and Burnout Mk3!
Mr. Stinger is converted to 1 Scrap!
Cyka's Gold Reward Crate contains 5 Scrap and ImproVisor!

3. Vatman Jones

Vatman eats fat, man.
Vatman receives 2 Infest Tokens!

Vatman is Fully Infested!
He loses 4 Infest Tokens and gains a new Mutation!

Mutation posted:

Honque's Scurratoma: Subject will not be targeted by CYST mutants unless no other target is present. Subject is a valid spawn point for Calorie Clown. If Calorie Clown spawns in the subject, subject sustains damage (ignoring armor) equal to their Max HP.

Challenge Complete posted:

Wash it down: Drink some grease and let it fully infest you
Vatman +10L
Diamond +5L

5. Opal Dang-Cobra

Opal spends 1 Med Unit and Heals 1 HP!
Opal Salvages for 2 Scrap, and Replenishes 1 Power Unit!

6. Acolyte

:siren: Death Cache (The Late Johnson) has been claimed by Acolyte! :siren:
Acolyte Salvages for 2 Scrap!
Acolyte receives Optiscope!
Acolyte receives MBC!
CS Suite I is installed with CS-Capacitor!
EM Coils is installed in [X]DPM Rifle!
CS Suite I is converted to 1 Scrap!
EZ Snipe is converted to 1 Scrap!

Challenge Completed posted:

>Forged in Grease Fire: Fill out the mod slots on a new weapon with more than one mod slot from scratch.
Acolyte +15L
HRRS +5L

7. Slitherin' Sidious

Scanning...
706: [Wrecker]Opal Dang-Cobra, [Wrecker]Acolyte, [Death Cache]The Late Johnson
804: [Hazard][Septic Slime] detected.

Neduardo Sidious #281
H/OO Social Registry: spawnmazboi
WCLTD 904-B Contractor
Wrecker Unit designation Headhunter
[The ubiquity of Horrors is due to their adaptability; the traits that made their captive ancestors ideal research templates makes them perfect niche-filling predators. In many documented cases, this adaptability extends to social environments, no case more strange than that of the feral children known as the Hominid Horrors of Helike-12.
For futher information, see He's Not Squamous, He's My Brother, now onCast from Hayflix Primo.
Scan complete.]

8. Dunk Tuggum

Dunk uses 1 Scrap and repairs his OXYGN8R!

10. B.A. Elsewhere

BAE maintains Enforcer, removing 1 Burn Token!

Hoarding Horror has metamorphosed!

Reaping Horror is Hungry! [ooxooo] It will try to attack and eat its next ENCountered (non-BAE) unit, and receive an Upscale to do so!

Steed posted:

Minions with the Steed trait can have the Mount/Dismount ACT used on them (freeACT for Exo-Wranglers, but not Rigjackers). Wreckers Mounted on minions replace their Movement rating and type with the minion's, but may otherwise make orders normally. Mounted Wreckers may Spur their minion as an ENC to grant it 1 Buff Token. Attacks made against the Wrecker instead of the minion are Downscaled.

11. Talcum Bee Buzzem

Talcum prepares Ambush!
ProTeen Salvages for 2 Scrap and Replenishes 1 Air Unit!

12. Theo Reticule

MM, RATS! Theo Salvages for 3 Scrap and Restor8, and Replenishes 1 Med Unit!

Theo spends 3 Med Units to remove 3 Rad Tokens!

>memetic combat: after succeeding at an unBoosted ACT, discuss how fuckin' winging it is the way to go
Theo +10L
gu$tav +5L

14. Shines-in-Heaven

Sponsor Activity posted:

Pertinax spends 50L (31PAFS, 9WRF, 10SIH; +5REG) for DTOXdrone Delivery of Rook Wrecktumix.
Shines Salvages for 1 Scrap!
GroGutz is converted to 1 Scrap!

15. Lonán Murder-Birb

Sponsor Activity posted:

Concordant spends 36L (36LMB) for JOLTdrone Delivery of CS Suite II.

Lonán Wrangles Ribbon Skate...Ribbon Sk8 is now a Familiar!

Autofalconoid recharges its Power!
Autofalconoid recharges its Power!

>Everyone Loves Pet Selfies (Repeatable, 1/5): Take a selfie with your familiar and give it a cute caption!
Lonán +5L

Grease Trap
Talcum is stuck in a Grease Trap!
Talcum loses 1 Air Unit!

gub.wrm
1L is skimmed from Acolyte!

Round 10 HAZard Roulette!
Battle Buddeez: Randomly paired Wreckers are Lifelinked.
>Dunk and Talcum are Lifelinked!
>Theo and Sidious are Lifelinked!
>Opal and Shines are Lifelinked!
>Acolyte and Cyka are Lifelinked!
>Lonan and BAE are Lifelinked!
>Vatman Jones is odd man out...Vatman and Calorie Clown are Lifelinked!

Sponsors-Only Map

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

Wrecker [Vatman]
Enjoy this paleomeme while we attempt to sort out what to do with you

You clown.
You clown man.

This was Rook.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

The Historical Recreation and Restoration Society: Sometimes bringing a big sword to a gun fight can work.
Luxe Box: 5 > 0

Good hustle Acolyte! Now you have a weapon that is truly yours and your own. With our small monetary influx we'll go right in ahead and open up the second challenge slot on our challenge board and go from there, let's start with what we came here to do, history!

Do you know about the Origins of Clowns? The exact origins put in place for where or why clowns are even a thing are difficult and convoluted to say the least but there can be generally ascribed to be three distinct periods of Clowning.

First we have the period of Proto-Clowning carried out several centuries ago with the royal appointment of kings called Jesters, or Fools in some colloquialisms, they did a lot of the capering, joke telling, musical performances and general tom-foolery that could be expected of a modern day clown but not quite there yet. Here we see the trappings of the Modern Clown in places, the gaudy outfit, the comical antics, the tacit understanding that the audience is laughing at you as much as they are laughing with you but aside from the clothes we have not reached the prototypical 'clown' yet, this will not occur until a few centuries later as we approach the modern era.

Challenge: An Anthology of Capers: Find and send back a piece of Clown memorabilia to the H.R.R.S

And because we have a new slot open and we have items to fill

Challenge: Wildlife Photography Enthusiast: Without being spotted, record some of the CYST wildlife in their native habitat. (Tight Scan an area containing Unflipped Beast Encounters)

Finally we have one more prospect, Wrecker Opal Dang-Cobra, we lamentably notice that in your attempt to get a cool hammer, that you ended up with your cool hammer in the hands of your Wreckermate Acolyte instead. This is unfortunate, how would you feel about the prospect of acquiring a weapon of Great rear end-whooping Potential as compensation. Because nothing writes songs quite like splitting a monster's head in two with a mighty sword, we have an entire archive of music from almost every culture in history specifically about this one thing, therefore we can only assume this can inspire great creative works just like how many songs were inspired by romance, or violence.

If you would be, down, for the Exclusive Sponsorship that is.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 19, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

This Hazard Roulette greatly
AMusES
us.

Here, a trick you might play on your fellows. A charming
PRaNK.

Please enjoy.

This was Rook.

Pause Challenge - >WRECK-TOMY: Destroy an interactible map feature
Limited Time Challenge - > BATTLE BLUDDEEZ: Kill another Wrecker through Lifelink

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

When was the last time you made a sandcastle? Go back to that moment. Feel the wet sand between your fingers, the warmth of the sun on your back, the burning hot sand under your knees.

The King Of The Beach sinks his fingers into the sea. It is cool. Waves lap against his muscular, kneeling form, washing his weariness away. Oh, to always be here where the gulls sing. He scoops with his hand across the shallow seabed, and raises an armful of wet sand. Soaking, flowing. With sand in his grasp he wades towards dry land. A small handful for a small castle. Small matters, here in his hands, far away from everything. Back on the beach, the sun dries him quickly, leaving his skin sticky with sugar. The King approaches his castle, places down the sand, and gently pats it into place. Yes, right there. He picks up his little plastic shovel from where he left it, and starts putting finishing touches to the guest bedroom balcony.

--

- You called... sir?

The King Of The Beach becomes aware of the lackey slowly creeping into the bedroom-under-construction. The King doth proclaim:

- IENF- IvNVFNN!n- NViNNNNVn-...!!

The lackey cowers behind his dVice, sniveling, desperately avoiding looking at Him.
Eventually, The King Of The Beach manages to swallow his tongue.

- InVITat...iOns?

- G-Garunda and the others from PyoLid Fabrication have agreed to come to the celebrations. For the others, we are still waiting for responses. I'm not sure if Donato Magnifico would-

- ItS Goi-Ng TO bE BIG.

- ...Yes, sir. It will.

- DiD You TEll tHEm Ab-OuT THe KiLLer wAvE?

The King Of The Beach raises his surfboard, grinning from ear to ear.

- ...Yes, sir. I did.

Well, that's settled then?

The silence drags on awkwardly long.

- *cough* Uhm, yes, I would expect replies as soon as the business with the current Wrecking Crew bout is done. Most of them-

The lackey is slammed into the wall from the force of The King Of The Beach reaching over and grabbing the dVice out of his hands. The wide-pane machine projects a scene of greasy guttural combat from the gut.

paper bag with a face posted:

Sponsors: Officially codifying this here: any sponsor that sends a drone to Dunk gets to submit a catchphrase for him to regurgitate. Caveat Emptor. Outstanding: Magitek Mafia x 1, XXXXXXXXX -> -> -> Slüus x 1 <- <- <- XXXXXXXXX

[b[Submitting a catchph

- BAkE 'EM, ...caUSE I'Ve Got'Em...!!!

Spending 10 Luxe on a new slot.

Challenges:
>Steal a picnic basket: Steal a picnic basket.
>Branding (Repeatable 0/5): Permanently etch the Slüus logo on your face.
(By performing a succesful attack on yourself. Can also be performed by an assistant.)

SYneRgize EngaGemeNT flOwS: Use Lifelink connection to Brand both yourself and your partner at once.

^
|
NEw oNe

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Oh, my goodness, look at that Horror's little scythes! How adorable! There had better be merchandise; I've got a shelf in my office that could use a decent effigy of that little fellow. ... And a few action figures, come to think of it. I should get Dizzy to grab me the rek'd models before they get scrapped."

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

#12 - Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 2/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 20 Luxe: 64 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
DR: DR 2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 0 Med // 0 Power // 0 Air
Hazard Tokens: 3 Rad Rig Hazard Tokens: 1 Burn
Gamma Bounder: "TerraBrad" RigHP: 3/2(+1) RigMove: 3(+1) Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 3/3 Rig Attacks: +1up/+1dam/+Momentum Rig Hatch: Closed
Rig Tools: Magitek Mafia Resource Acquisition Tooled Skimmer (ACT: Salvage. 1 Rig Power: +1 Scrap or restore an extra Resource unit from Salvaging) // K-Drive (+Momentum)
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 2 (+2 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Restor8 // Sanigel // Items: GangBangR Rig Tool // Cursed Chapeau
Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair) // Cocklaphobic Nightmare (Additional Units added to hostile encounters)

Listen Along: Capricorn - Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra

The proud rig-thief-slash-Junker Theo Reticule spun his Bounder's MM-RATS tool around on its servo arm with a whizzing flourish - his salvage of the area was complete! With all the dead Unctuous Horrors he'd scooped up and processed with his rig's tooled skimmer, Theo had managed to top off on his suit's medi-fluid supply and still had more than enough of the gel to fill up a Restor8 pod to the brim. This was a good thing for Theo's overall health, as he had been sorely in need of more pick-me-up juice after that delivery drone had zapped his body full of intensely "magical" radiation. Though it didn't bear repeating, Theo's current working theory was that Pertinax had been sabotaging his krew's drones ever since they started up combat with Pertinax's Carnifex rig (and then destroyed it with their mascot, a baby horror).

Feeling the power of the medicines flooding his body, Theo waxed a little philosophical with some Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus scripture that he remembered from his lessons as a boy-pup.

"Though the rads may be scoured from my bones, yea, the radness of my soul was never diminished. - Brotholomew 4:20"

The radiation that the delivery drone had suffused Theo with had purged his body of poisons just fine, but Theo's hale and hearty constitution had been made so very frail in the process. Thankfully, with enough Sanigel supplemented with trace Maro-Gen converters, Theo's bones would be scrubbed back to normal in minutes. Even while managed by the advanced programs in Theo's suit, the medical procedure took time to set things straight because sometimes you needed to wait for quality results in the medical field. That, and Theo would have to refill his Sanigel supply after the first stage of the healing process was done.

"Wooze?" Theo queried, feeling the vertigo of a trip coming on. "Yeah..."

"Hurrm - Lifelink?" He murmured, reading a sudden status readout aloud.

Theo was looking at an icon-sized portrait of a hideous green-faced Wrecker with a prehensile tongue(?) sitting safely in the belly of a Beta rig.

"Yep-yep-yeppers..." He drawled a bit, and then wiped some drool from his lip. "Think things're gonna be jus' fine."

Movement:
Will post movement orders after Sponsor phase, thanks!

Sponsors: Heyyy, Magitek Mafia, I am for sure ready for some deliveries now - thanks for being there for me! What I'm gonna need in the next tick is a Motile Biocover for when I need to pop hatch, and a Concordant Companion for when I'm making a big haul! Please send over those two 'buddies' on HEALdrones please, as soon as possible. Thanks!
> Order HEALdrone Delivery (25L) of one Experimental Motile BioCover (+DR) (13L) to Theo Reticule (25L Magitek Mafia, 13L Theo)!
> Order HEALdrone Delivery (25L) of one Concordant Companion (20L, +5L to Concordant) to Theo Reticule (50L Theo)!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 19, 2020

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Magitek Mafia
"Sufficiently advanced technology crime is indistinguishable from magic."
Sponsor Luxe: 25-25=0
Sponsor "Inventory:" N/A

Hey hey, Wreckers! Keeping it short and sweet today, here's some presents for my favorite Wrecker - even if it means we gotta wire Concordant some of his cash to make up for lifting this surplus doohickey from their warehouse. Ugh!

> Order HEALdrone Delivery (25L) of one Experimental Motile BioCover (+DR) (13L) to Theo Reticule (25L Magitek Mafia, 13L Theo)
> Order HEALdrone Delivery (25L) of one Concordant Companion (20L, +5L to Concordant) to Theo Reticule (50L Theo)

Challenges:
Hands-On Decursing, Step 1 - Retrieve Ra Maximum's Hat from his Death Cache.
It's Rigged All The Way Down - Destroy a Rig in a single attack.
The Pertinax Pro-lapse (Repeatable 3/5) - After failing a roll or taking damage, explain exactly why it's Pertinax's fault that such a terrible fate has befallen you.
Hands-On Decursing, Step 2 - Defeat 5 foes while wearing the Cursed Chapeau. (Can be completed over multiple engagements.) Progress: Theo 4/5

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Tzol Publishing

quote:

"(...) but while we are well-prepared for a litigation war with Concordant, the fact remains that we are still recovering from an expensive and bloody Rebranding. For each Wrecker annihilated by the dangers of CYST, the bargaining positions of those remaining rise geometrically, and we can ill-afford to shortchange even the recently rek'd. As much as it pains Me, we must temporarily stall our current Lore-related plans in order to humor the last wishes of The Late The Late Johnson."

-Oäd Lallayath Tzol,
"Do Not Publish This Memo" (Tzol Publishing)

Transfer 15 Luxe to Concordant

charms fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 20, 2020

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 2 Power // 1 Air // 4 Scrap
Cyber [3/5]: Eyegear (+1 Upscale) // Magneto-Mantle (Spend 1 Scrap at start of ENC to gain DR 1 for phase) // Adrenal Accelerator On being hit in ENC, next ACT is boosted
Utility [1/2]: GroGutz (Heal ACT restores +1 HP) // Fabrikit Repair Synthetic Targets with a Heal ACT

As Opal shoved more mutant remains into the biofuel converter, she got a ping from her comms.

TheNabster posted:

Finally we have one more prospect, Wrecker Opal Dang-Cobra, we lamentably notice that in your attempt to get a cool hammer, that you ended up with your cool hammer in the hands of your Wreckermate Acolyte instead. This is unfortunate, how would you feel about the prospect of acquiring a weapon of Great rear end-whooping Potential as compensation. Because nothing writes songs quite like splitting a monster's head in two with a mighty sword, we have an entire archive of music from almost every culture in history specifically about this one thing, therefore we can only assume this can inspire great creative works just like how many songs were inspired by romance, or violence.

If you would be, down, for the Exclusive Sponsorship that is.

Opal nodded, uncharacteristically quiet as a grin split her face. "See that? Right there? That's what I'm talkin' about! That is the respect and recognition that is long fuckin' overdue! So yes! Hell yes! Hell motherfucking yes! Y to the E to the gently caress the goddamn haters I've finally made it S! Time to write and re-write history, because the ERA OF ODC STARTS HERE!"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Ok team, we're in the middle of a content drought. We've got tons of beautiful footage of meat and organs already and the wreckers are just fighting random creatures. There's not even anything here we could use to sabotage WCLTD's infrastructure aside from figuring out some way to steer the drat thing into their HQ.

"Maybe in a couple rounds we'll be able to send them something entertaining if they'd just do the drat objectives."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Historical Recreation and Restoration Society: Sifting facts from fiction is our raison d'être
Luxe Box: 0

"Wonderful! We will have your package sent shortly, we do notice you are a bit short of breath so perhaps this may help, we packaged it specially from the clean mountain air of our Libra-Monastery. It'll just need to get here first."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 20, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
WRECKER 2: Cyka

Cyber (2/4): Bone Lacing 1, Rail Loader 1
HP 3/3
Scrap: 1
Tokens:
Sponsored by Brainfood Upcycled Nootropics. Get in the groove, let's move.

Very pleased with their new acquisitions, Cyka sent off a quick message to the wrecker that had been in range as the AutOmertá shroudfilter kicked in to hide the privileged location infodeets once more.

Talcum and Sponsors: Headed to the Fabric8r to charge up all my stuff, then going full pelt to the rig silo. Want to meet up or happy sticking to your own plans?

Just as they were headed out, the dreaded echo-sensation of Lifelink kicked in. "Только не снова!" exclaimed CyKa.

MOV: We're going to the Fabric8r. One hex southwest to 809. Remaining mindful that that gamma rig has range 1.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Sponsor Activty posted:

Magitek Mafia spends 38L (25MM, 13TR) for HEALdrone Delivery of [X]MBC.
Magitek Mafia spends 50L (50TR, +5CC) for HEALdrone Delivery of Concordant Companion.
Theo's HEALdrone restores 1 HP!
Theo receives [X]MBC!

Theo's HEALdrone restores 1 HP!
Theo receives Concordant Companion!

Shines' DTOXdrone removes 1 Poison Token!
Shines receives Rook Wrecktumix!

Lonán's JOLTdrone overloads Lonán's eRAW Interlace! Lonán receives 1 Break Token!

Lonán receives CS Suite II!
CS Suite I is converted to 1 Scrap!

HRRS is now the Exclusive Sponsor of Opal Dang-Cobra!

pre:
ACCOUNTS		
2. Cyka				34	
3. Vatman Jones			44		
5. Opal Dang-Cobra		60
6. Acolyte			29	
7. Slitherin' Sidious		32 	
8. Dunk Tuggum			20	
10. B.A. Elsewhere		34
11. Talcum Bee Buzzem		82	
12. Theo Reticule		2				
14. Shines-in-Heaven		86
15. Lonán Murder-Birb 		10

Magitek Mafia presents Kill-o-Vision® posted:

Theo Reticule: 6 Kills (Bounty: 60L)
Acolyte: 5 Kills (Bounty: 50L)
Lonán Murder-Birb: 5 Kills (Bounty: 50L)
B.A. Elsewhere: 4 Kills (Bounty: 40L)
Dunk Tuggum: 4 Kills (Bounty: 40L)
Opal Dang-Cobra: 4 Kills (Bounty: 40L)
Slitherin' Sidious: 4 Kills (Bounty: 40L)
Cyka: 3 Kills (Bounty: 30L)
Shines-in-Heavent: 2 Kills (Bounty: 20L)
Talcum Bee Buzzem: 2 Kills (Bounty: 70L)
Vatman Jones: 1 Kills (Bounty: 10L)

Sponsor Stipend posted:

Rook +10L
Pertinax +5L
Magitek Mafia +10L
Brainfood +10L
Concordant +10L
Galaxploitation Media +5L
Slüus™ +10L
Tzol Publishing +10L
HRRS +10L
pre:
RookEngOrg		25		Wrecktumix				X:Vatman
Pertinax AmmoFab	5		DPM Charon					X:S-I-H
Gu$tav			25		FIXR Drone		 			X:0
Diamond IAMC		37		Rockmuncher					X:Talcum*
Turnt™			6		Specialty Item TBD	1 Gamma Crate		X:0
Magitek Mafia		10		MM-RATS				X:Theo
Psichonumen		10		Specialty Item TBD				X:BAE
Brainfood		30		Encephalconoid				X:Cyka
Concordant		30		Conc. Companion					X:Lonan
Galaxploitation Media	20		Horror Hammock					X:0
Slüus™			15		Specialty Item TBD			X:Dunk
Tzol Publishing		15		Specialty Item TBD				X:TLJ
HRRS			10		DragnSlayR			X:Opal

Sponsor Challenges posted:

RookEngOrg
>FASCINATING FASCINATOR: Apifactor or D-form the Cursed Chapeau
>BATTLE BLUDDEEZ: Kill another Wrecker through Lifelink

Pertinax AmmoFab
>Purple Fifteen Sideways 2: Electric Boogaloo: Investigate the anomaly by 145
>The Biggest Headshot: Order a ballistic airstrike or deal a significant ranged AoE to 707, 806, 807 or 905.
>Hat's Entertainment: Send Aethelred Ra's chapeau.

Gu$tav
> sentience escalation: convert the Cursed Chapeau into a familiar or retainer.
>1337 h4x0r (r3w: enter 640942fd3bdbaa339b839db017ece7fd into any terminal.
>

Diamond IAMC
>Haberdasher's Dream: Send the Cursed Chapeau to Diamond IAMC.
>
>Trophy Hunt: Send the head of Vatman Jones to Diamond IAMC

Turnt™
>

Magitek Mafia
>The Pertinax Pro-lapse (Repeatable 3/5): After failing a roll or taking damage, explain exactly why it's Pertinax's fault that such a terrible fate has befallen you.
>Hands-On Decursing, Step 2: Defeat 5 foes while wearing the Cursed Chapeau. (Can be completed over multiple engagements.)
>It's Rigged All The Way Down: Destroy a Rig in a single attack.

Psichonumen
>Bring me... organs: Dig up a Quantum Pancreas from a tile, and offer it to Psichonumen.
>To the Bone: Expose bone on the map.
>Sea of Fire: set a grease hex on fire

Brainfood
>Rise of the Autophoenix, Pt. II: Craft a familiar using Merlin the Autofalconoid's salvaged Remotivator.
>Everyone Loves Pet Selfies (Repeatable, 1/5): Take a selfie with your familiar and give it a cute caption!

Concordant
>The Concordant Difference: craft successfully with Advanced Electronics
>Quality and Professionalism (Repeatable 4/5): After success in a Boosted Act, explain to the viewers how your efforts to do the job the right way contributed to your success.
>A Companion for Every Eventuality: Craft successfully with a Concordant Companion.

Galaxploitation Media
>A brain to pick, (part 1?): Find proof that the meateor is capable of thought
>ez-pz: Use an ez-itr8r to analyze another itr8r.
>Zoned for Warp:[/b] Craft a purple border item into a map feature. Success not necessary; in fact, a disastrous outcome that starts leaking Between energy into the meateor's flesh would be more entertaining.

Slüus™
>Steal a picnic basket: Steal a picnic basket.
>Branding (Repeatable 0/5): Permanently etch the Slüus logo on your face.
(By performing a succesful attack on yourself. Can also be performed by an assistant.)
>SYneRgize EngaGemeNT flOwS: Use Lifelink connection to Brand both yourself and your partner at once.

Tzol Publishing
>Student of Clownlore: In ACT, grill a Mutant enemy for the origins and motivations of the Calorie Clown. (HINT: They should be fully disabled and without backup, or otherwise have some special reason to fear you more than the Clown)
>Purifier Lore: Deliver Knight Barbacoa's nucleus to the Tzol Publishing Data Extraction Office.

H.R.R.S.
>An Anthology of Capers: Find and send back a piece of Clown memorabilia to the H.R.R.S
>Wildlife Photography Enthusiast: Without being spotted, record some of the CYST wildlife in their native habitat. (Tight Scan an area containing Unflipped Beast Encounters)

HIVER Special Objectives
Talcum: 2/15 Bvo
>Apiculture a Rank 1 crafting component and use it. [+1 Bvo]
>Apiculture a Rank 2 crafting component and use it. [+3 Bvo]
>Apiculture a Rank 3 crafting component and use it. [+5 Bvo]
>Convert a NWU with Infest Tokens. [+1 Bvo]
>Convert a Wrecker with Infest Tokens. [+10 Bvo]
>Restore a damaged or D-Formed Map Feature with apicultured components. [+10 Bvo]
>Roll an outcome of 10 on a Crafting roll. [+10 Bvo]
>Eliminate a D-Breaker menace (kill or DQ a D-Breaker) [+15 Bvo]

D-Breaker Special Objectives
Dunk Tuggum: 0/10 Dvo
>Shift through a barrier [+1 Dvo]
> Craft with a Rank 1 D-Formed crafting component. [+1 Dvo]
> Craft with a Rank 2 D-Formed crafting component. [+3 Dvo]
> Craft with a Rank 3 D-Formed crafting component. [+5 Dvo]
> Use the contents of a D-formed Lootbox. [+5 Dvo]
> Defeat a rival D-Breaker. [+10 Dvo]
> Consume a rival D-Breaker's power. [+rival's Dvo]

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 20, 2020

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
WRECKER 7: Slitherin' Sidious

Rig: 2/3 Power Tokens: Null
HP: 2/2 (5/5 Broiler) MV: 4 (2 Broiler) DR: 1 (2 Broiler) HazDR: Burn 2 Hit TN: 4. Scrap: 2 Luxe: 32
Belt: 0/3 Air, 3/3 Med, 3/3 Power Tokens: 3 Poison
Headhunter: Multiples of 4 = X2 Damage. Penetrator w/Power Attacks. Scan is freeACT.
Cyber (2/2) Mutations (0/3) Utilities (2/2) Weapons (1/2) Armor (1/1) Minions (1/2)
Jacklegz©: +1 MV
Weapon Mount: EZ-Snipe mounted: attacks are upscaled, free to extract, cannot be destroyed while bound to aug.
GroGutz: Loaded. +1 HP restored when using a Heal ACT.
Fabrikit: Loaded. Spend Med units to repair synth targets with Heal ACT.
Hazmat-B: Loaded on Saf-T Pal. Burn DR +2
CS-Moddie: ACT to install Grinder into CS-Suite.

Ned grinned as he input the results of his self-scan into the Wreckords, then eyed his DV-ice. No response from the neighboring Krew meant they were either supes territorial or ranked at least a six on the DGAF scale, so he just left them to it. They were probably just busy feasting on looting TLJ's remains, now that he thought about it.

As Shines finished up her dismantling and began to move out, the headhunter once again grabbed the rig controls, un-nooked HurtBurn from its overwatch position and stomped alongside her.

<"No sign of sk8tes, but wide scan says our path's probs clear, Shines. Don't veer clock and gutswards, though. We got some real shizzle-drizzle out there.">

Shines may see:
MOV: 705 -> 805 -> 904

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Historical Recreation and Restoration Society: We remember when this was all fields.
Luxe Box: 10 > 0

"Now we have our little stipend we're good to go, sending the package now, keep on keeping on we'll be in touch if you need anything else Ms. Dang-Cobra."

>Deploy an Experimental OXYDRONE to restore Air to Opal Dang-Cobra containing our Sponsor Exclusive Item for 45L (-10L H.R.R.S, -35L Opal Dang-Cobra)

"Tune in this action phase for the next part of From Slapstick to Sacrament, the Origin of the Clown Cult"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 20, 2020

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
'

Wrecker DVices chie, displaying the Concordant logo, followed by Hilde Stahl's face. "Attention Wreckers. In order to continue providing data to Mariner Arms in their development project, we are intending to compile an extensive library of combat data with the prototype rifles on the field. Aiding in collecting this data will be rewarded. Director Stahl out."

Spending 15L to open a new challenge slot, and presenting a new challenge, Ballistic Research I: Score 5 kills with an [X]DPM Rifle.

nweismuller fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 20, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 2/3 MV: 2
DR: 2 - 1 = 1 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 4.
Scrap: 1 Luxe: 10
Belt:
3 Air, 3 Med, 0 Power.
Tokens:

Mutations (0/3)
Cyber (1/2)
Charged Myoservos: Subject ignores the first downscale against them in a Round.
Items:

Weapons:

Friends:
(1 dmg taken)

"I'd hate to stay and chat so I'm not going to; vamOS!"

MOV: 808 -> 807 -> 905

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what the gently caress lmao vatman
what a cursed existence

even by standards including "being a meatbag"

Luxe: 25
Challenges[3]:
sending signals: score the first kill of the map Multipleted!
small black hat: leave a hex with at least 3 Enemies in it without having taken damage REKT
yeetball express: use a hacked Strato-Cradle Completed!
1337 h4x0r (r3w: enter 640942fd3bdbaa339b839db017ece7fd into any terminal.
sharing protocol violation: score a telefrag. Suspended!
memetic combat: after succeeding at an unBoosted ACT, discuss how fuckin' winging it is the way to go Completed!
sentience escalation: convert the Cursed Chapeau into a familiar or retainer.
bhopal dang-cobra: kill (or die!) while having Poison tokens >= Max HP

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

HP: 6/6 MV: 3 DR: 3 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 5. Scrap: 05. Luxe: 082
Belt: 2 Air, 3 Med, 3 Power. Tokens: 6 Infest, 1 Rad, 1 Poison. Sponsor: Diamond IAMC.
Hiver (Protean): Access to Hiver Challenge List. +1 to Craft Rolls. ACT: Apiculture a consumable.
Headhunter X-Train: Crit = 2x Damage. Cyber (0/2) Mutations (4/4)
Worm that Walks (B-Vo): Max HP cannot be reduced below # of Infest. Abilities/gear that spend/transfer Infest cost 1 fewer Token.
Lamellar Thorax (B-Vo): +2DR; spend 1 0 Infest for +1DR for the phase. (Default to Active.)
Nuclear Arms (Lvl2): +1 damage with melee, +1 per Rad Token. No heavy weapon penalty. Missile attacks downscaled twice.
Exo-Propolis (B-Vo): Consume 2 Scrap as an ACT to repair a Map Feature or restore 2 HP to a synth unit, or during a Craft as a Lvl 1 Crafting Component.
Fumig8R: Loaded. ENC: Spend X Air to perform indiscriminate 1d8/AoE X-Infest. 3 2 Infest to reload.
Kid Squid: 3/3 HP.
Toby the MBC: 1/1 HP 3DR. (Default to Bodyguard Kid Squid)

The camDrone pans over a desolate strip of fascia bordered by a pockmarked mesa of cartilage. An expulsion of waste gas passes over the terrain in a sustained belch, setting hairballs rolling. One glows, marked with a red light, and explodes in a puff of dander.

Local Card(s): Grease Trap
Orders: Aim (Ambush Prepared)
Kid Squid "Orders": Aim.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

#12 - Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 4/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 20 Luxe: 2 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
DR: DR 2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 0 Med // 0 Power // 0 Air
Hazard Tokens: none Rig Hazard Tokens: 1 Burn
Gamma Bounder: "TerraBrad" RigHP: 3/2(+1) RigMove: 3(+1) Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 2/3 Rig Attacks: +1up/+1dam/+Momentum Rig Hatch: Closed
Rig Tools: Magitek Mafia Resource Acquisition Tooled Skimmer (ACT: Salvage. 1 Rig Power: +1 Scrap or restore an extra Resource unit from Salvaging) // K-Drive (+Momentum)
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 2 (+2 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [1/2]: Concordant Companion (Loaded. FreeACT: Apply Boost to ACT. 1 Scrap to Reload.)
Familiar [1/2]: [X:+DR] Motile Biocover, "HugBug" (1HP, 3DR, Bodyguard, Passive, Mutant Familiar)
Consumables: Restor8 // Sanigel // Items: GangBangR Rig Tool // Cursed Chapeau
Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (Cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair) // Cocklaphobic Nightmare (Additional Units added to hostile Encounters)

Listen Along: Let Forever Be - The Chemical Brothers

Calming drugs flooded Theo Reticule's systems, suffusing his body and brain with a dreamy, euphoric high that allowed him to completely ignore the searing pains that came from his medical bone scrubbers working their magic. Theo had felt butterflies in his stomach beforehand as the come-up had swelled. Now, it felt as though both he and his rig TerraBrad were walking on air, and TerraBrad's stabilizers could keep Theo from falling on his face.

Theo was so inundated with sublime pleasure, his mind cooling while he lounged ensconced in his rig's cockpit, that he barely even noticed the pair of delivery drones bearing gifts from Magitek Mafia fast approaching. The Sponsor-sent, Aeropath-piloted drones attached themselves to Theo's Bounder next to the side-hatch, and one of them rapped lightly on the window when Theo made no immediate effort to let them inside.

"Oh..." Theo moaned when he finally heard the knocking, "you guys want in. Hold on, lemme get it..."

After dramatically lolling his head to the side, Theo concentrated hard enough on what he was doing to slam his palm onto the button to release the side hatch, the small porthole used specifically for deliveries. The side-hatch's seal hissed and popped open and the HEALdrones' prehensile medi-tubes uncoiled and snaked inside to attach themselves to Theo's suit.

"Whoap! All aboard the fun-train!" Theo whooped, sitting deeper into his seat and letting the drug-laden medical drones attach themselves to his suit's medical stack. "Choo-choo!"

Suddenly, a giant armored spider with a human-like nose and mouth crawled inside the open side hatch and threw itself onto Theo's lap to clutch tightly onto the Wrecker's chest with its many limbs. The creature's many-eyed stare could've burned holes into the bottom of Theo's jaw, but he couldn't bear to look.

"Um," Theo balked, despite the power of the drugs. "Hello."

Theo tried not to think about it. He hadn't told Wrecking Crew LTD that he was afraid of spiders as it could have disqualified him, but here he was. All things considered, Theo was taking this latest turn of events rather well.

"You're just gonna sit there, are you?" Theo managed, as he felt the drugs from the HEALdrones pumping more relaxants into his veins. "Makes sense."

The hominid-arachnid breathed through it's mouth wetly, excited at being addressed.

Theo craned his neck back and stared at the cockpit's ceiling for a while. The rush of chemicals was almost too much for him; he felt close to swooning.

"I'm gonna call you..." Theo mumbled, then he rolled his head forward to look the Motile Biocover on his chest in its central pair of eyes. "HugBug."

The mutant spider began breathing marginally faster.

A drone's arm slipped something between Theo and his new pal to install a chip into his armor's left chest protector, and then the two drones disconnected from Theo's suit and detached themselves from Theo's Bounder to fly off.

"Um, Dunk..." Theo blurted at last, after fuzzily futzing with his comms settings. "I gotta get me some juice, so come with and I'll give you another thing I found! Bae, er Bonny-Anne, go tag up with the new guy and I'll be back..."

In his rig, Theo started bounding off. He didn't notice that he'd left his side-hatch open until he felt the perverse urge to stick his head out the window, to better sample the meaty air's bouquet.

Movement: (Dunk Tuggum, Bonny-Anne Elsewhere, and Vatman Jones can peek)
In his Bounder, Theo Jumps to the Luxe Crucible along a 4-hex route: 134 -> 123 -> 113 -> 903 -> 904!

Sponsors: Heck yeah Magitek Mafia, that was super fast! Thanks for all the cool stuff you sent me off my wishlist - I'm sure these things will come in handy real soon!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 7 Current DR: 2
Belt resources: Power: 1 Medical Units: 1 Air: 0
Tokens:
4 Poison 2 Warp

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
Ribosk8r: full

Retainers&Familiars:
[X]MBC: 1/1 HP, 3DR

While she was installing the Rook Wrecktumix in her armor, Shines-in-heaven replied to Ned: "Hah! That stuff is good for you, gonna put some scales on your chest! But seeing how you're stuck in that contraption of yours it probably wouldn't do you much good, so let's be off!"

MOV: Move to 904

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

HP: 3/3 | Move: 2/2 | DR: 1/1 | Med: 2/3 | Power: 2/3 | Air: 0/3 | Scrap: 2 | Luxe: 34
Mounted: Gamma Enforcer HP: 3/3 | Move: 3/3 | DR: 1/1 | Power: 2/3 | Hatch: Closed Tokens: null

"Later, shitlords." Bonny-Anne's rig bowed as she recited the formal farewell.

MOV: Theantero can peek Move from 134 to 129 to 122, not stopping for cavemen

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 21, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
WRECKER 3: Vatman Jones

(2x Unctuous Horror)
HP: 3/4[6] Move: 3 Scrap: 02 Luxe: 019
DR: DR2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 0 Med // 3 Power // 1 Air
Mutation [2/5]: Fibrous Ganglia (LVL1) (Mutation-based attacks are upscaled once per mutation possessed; subjects TN to be hit is 2) // Endosymbiotic Brood (LVL1) (Subject may discard 1 Token of choice per round without effect as a freeACT; AoE attacks are upscaled twice against the subject) //Honque's Scurratoma (LVL1) (Subject will not be targeted by CYST mutants unless no other target is present. Subject is a valid spawn point for Calorie Clown. If Calorie Clown spawns in the subject, subject sustains damage (ignoring armor) equal to their Max HP.)
Hazard Tokens:

MINIONS
(1/1 HP)(1/1 HP)

Vatman Jones was running at full sprint, but his demeanor was catatonic, a faint line of bozon infested drool dripping from between his slightly parted lips. All of his various autonomous neurodrivers, even the august Medulla Regnum, were silent in mournful vigil, as the scurratoma nestled into the Vatman's carefully designed biology.

They were all clowns, on this cursed day.

Kurse Krew can peek
MOV: POWER MOVE: 123 -> 113 -> 903 -> 805 -> 806

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

HP: 2/2 Move: 2 (Shift) Scrap: 1 Luxe: 20
DR: 2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 0 Air // 3 Med // 0 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: 1 Warp, 2 Poison
Rig Status: 2/2 HP, Hatch: Closed
Cyber: 1/1
Muts: 2/4

Augs posted:

Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round. [Unused this round]
Prehensile Teratoma: Subject may Reload or Modify Gear as a freeACT; 1 in 6 chance to take a random ACT.
D-Mutation - Dimensional Lens: May be used instead of Cover. Reverses the value of a single die this phase (i.e. 1-3 succeeds and 4 fails on a 1d4).
>[Lvl 2] Subject may spend Warp Tokens to affect a like number of additional dice.

Dunk screwed his GobRig back together and reattached all the hoses, carefully sliding the apparatus back over his Hole. Much better. There was the horrid wailing of a charmingly archaic printer firing off, he Had One! Dunk carefully reached up and plucked the slip protruding from the printer port embedded embedded in his temple. He gingerly folded and tore off the engagement holes on the sides of the printout.

The D-Breaker scanned over the paper's contents, more precious than gold, and Spoke The Words.

"BAKE EM...CAUSE I'VE GOTTEM©"

Business was attended to. Dunk folded up the paper and put it away for later. Time to leave.

Theo, BAE, and Vatman can peek.
MOV: Dunk follows Theo to the Luxe Crucible: 134 -> 124 -> 114 -> 904

Sponsors: One catchphrase from Sluus redeemed. Remaining: Magitek Mafia x 1.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Luxe: 29L [-1L this Hazard]
Scrap: 6
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk
Augs:

Having thoroughly looted the remains of the Late Johnson, Acolyte stands back up. "You got a sponsor, Opal? Excellent, through cultporate shilling there is salvation! Shall we move onwards to claim further divine boons?"

MOVE: NE to 604

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="508222780"]

Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 2 Power // 1 Air // 4 Scrap

"Yeah, you know it. Time to show them what I'm fuckin' worth. Give 'em a new chapter to make shows about. Let's do this."

MOV: NE to 604

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

2. Cyka
Movement to 809.

3. Vatman Jones
Power Move! Movement HALT at 805.
Sidious is here.
Shines-in-Heaven is here.

5. Opal Dang-Cobra

Sponsor Activity posted:

HRRS spends 45L (10HRRS, 35ODC) for PUFFdrone Delivery of DragnSlayR.
Movement to 604.
Acolyte is here.

6. Acolyte
Movement to 604.
Opal is here.

7. Slitherin' Sidious
Movement HALT at 805.
Vatman is here.
Shines-in-Heaven is here.

8. Dunk Tuggum
Movement to 904.
Theo is here.

10. B.A. Elsewhere
Movement HALT at 123.

11. Talcum Bee Buzzem
Talcum takes Aim!
ProTeen ProKrastN8z!

12. Theo Reticule
Movement to 904.
Dunk is here.

14. Shines-in-Heaven
Movement HALT at 805.
Vatman is here.
Sidious is here.

15. Lonán Murder-Birb
Movement to 905.
2 Ribbon Skates emerge!

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

HP: 3/3 | Move: 2/2 | DR: 1/1 | Med: 2/3 | Power: 2/3 | Air: 0/3 | Scrap: 2 | Luxe: 34

"The rig really needs a flames paintjob." BAE idly browses a skinz 'logue as the Dragon Something wades through fire. Parrot squawks unhappily atop a hot hatch.

ENC: Retreat to 122

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
WRECKER 3: Vatman Jones

(2x Unctuous Horror)
HP: 3/4[6] Move: 3 Scrap: 02 Luxe: 044
DR: DR2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 0 Med // 2 Power // 1 Air
Mutation [3/5]: Fibrous Ganglia (LVL1) (Mutation-based attacks are upscaled once per mutation possessed; subjects TN to be hit is 2) // Endosymbiotic Brood (LVL1) (Subject may discard 1 Token of choice per round without effect as a freeACT; AoE attacks are upscaled twice against the subject) //Honque's Scurratoma (LVL1) (Subject will not be targeted by CYST mutants unless no other target is present. Subject is a valid spawn point for Calorie Clown. If Calorie Clown spawns in the subject, subject sustains damage (ignoring armor) equal to their Max HP.)
Hazard Tokens:

MINIONS
(1/1 HP)(1/1 HP)

Unfortunately, despite its best efforts, Vatman's higher order functioning did not manage to wrest control from his legs before the neonderthal slammed into the leg of a Beta class rig threatening a pair of other Wreckers.

Fortunately, his great speed and even greater mass was enough to shift the rig's weight on its other leg just enough for it to rupture the membrane of the cystic structure it was standing on, causing the whole thing to topple over.

ENC: Improv Table Roll: 1d6 5
Sinkhole!
Sinkhole against Beta Broiler: 1d8 6

Theantero fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 21, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 2/3 MV: 2
DR: 2 - 1 = 1 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 4.
Scrap: 1 Luxe: 10
Belt:
3 Air, 3 Med, 0 Power.
Tokens:

Mutations (0/3)
Cyber (1/2)
Charged Myoservos: Subject ignores the first downscale against them in a Round.
Items:

Weapons:

Friends:
(1 dmg taken)

"Sk8trboi, I didn't know you were a d8trboi! You'll have to invite them to the crucible, we are on a time crunch!"

ENC: Retreat to 904
MotileBiocover ENC: Bodyguard first hit

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
WRECKER 2: Cyka

Cyber (2/4): Bone Lacing 1, Rail Loader 1
HP 3/3
Scrap: 7
Tokens:
Sponsored by Brainfood Upcycled Nootropics. If your opponents can't upcycle, they're toast.

Two more chasers, but right now, Cyka was almost completely unappetising to an energophage. Of course, that was something they intended to change, but this was a unique opportunity to all but zero out their belt resources while at the same time making the skates more appealing to themselves, if they survived.

"Alright! Let's see what this beaut can do. Biocover, priority is ranged attacks."

Cyka tapped into their belt resources to power up the Burnout, before blasting out a swathe of volatiles over both skates.

Power attack AoE on skates expending 1 power unit: 1d10 2 1d8 8

First attack miss! Optiscope count: 1

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Luxe: 29L [-1L this Hazard]
Scrap: 6
Augs:

Acolyte spends a moment staring in disgust at the...Nugget? Well, whatever it is, it's full of bullet holes now.

Attacking Mutant Nugget with x-DPM Rifle: 1d8 6, that's a kill for Concordant's Ballistic Research I challenge, four more to go.
Sputnik/MBC: Bodyguard Opal