Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

i'm so fuckkin pumped now arty i'm seein these big numbers next to my name it's like i outscored the guy we got traded for... whoa nasher you look like you had a rough season, you could use a vacation, i bet cally's got a lot of free time down in tampa.

That's so true - there's literally a third of the Rangers that I'd estimate are below replacement level. Staal and Smith on defense, one of whom is on the ice for half to two-thirds of each game, though Smith has been looking unusually serviceable. McKegg and Di Giuseppe both fell off the wrong end of the Canes depth chart a year or two ago. Fogarty is an AHLer. Howden has looked really bad and over his head except for one good scoring chance. Gauthier has hardly played. I don't think Brendan Lemieux coming back from a suspension is going to help this.

That lineup is going to look a lot better with Lafreniere in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jovial Cow posted:

Someone tell me about this Lafrenière fellow, where are expectations for him compared to say Hughes/Kakko in their draft?

His floor is their ceiling

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Something about fighting in an empty arena seems particularly pointless.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Just realized that thanks to the Jets win the franchise has only been swept out of 40% of their playoff appearances, instead of what could have been 60%. That cheered me up

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

You say 'in bed with the Russians' like it's a bad thing...

e: I definitely knew this wasn't the GDT.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 3, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

NBC says the start of MTL/PIT Game 2 has been delayed due to WSH/TB running long.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/dnadders/status/1290416740275552256

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Lehner went from having a Trump mask to kneeling for the anthem. dang

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DuhSal posted:

Interesting you say Matthews 'cause I thought he was one of the only guys to have a pretty solid game but fair point on some of the others (especially Marner.. he was in the line up right?)

I don’t think it’s necessary to “well actually” about players in that game when the high bar is “had a couple scoring chances while getting absolutely killed in possession”

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Dinosaur Gum

I'm really wondering what the dynamics of a multi-period overtime are going to be like in this situation. I've watched a few games now and it definitely seems hard to keep certain types of urgency without thousands of people yelling at you.

It's really going to be a different situation than normal six periods into a game without having a crowd full of terrified people yelling at absolutely everything and slowly going crazy. Will the players be able to counter the fatigue without that? Imagining it feels a little like a death march. Like, the situation almost seems cruel.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Zodijackylite posted:

That's so true - there's literally a third of the Rangers that I'd estimate are below replacement level. Staal and Smith on defense, one of whom is on the ice for half to two-thirds of each game, though Smith has been looking unusually serviceable. McKegg and Di Giuseppe both fell off the wrong end of the Canes depth chart a year or two ago. Fogarty is an AHLer. Howden has looked really bad and over his head except for one good scoring chance. Gauthier has hardly played. I don't think Brendan Lemieux coming back from a suspension is going to help this.

That lineup is going to look a lot better with Lafreniere in it.

The Rangers have been so loving painful to watch this tournament. Like, at least they didn't get completely outshot today. But watching Staal still play some 3 years after he should have been relegated to the AHL makes me want to scream.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The players from the game scheduled after yours will come out to the boards and yell at you to hurry up so they can play.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Mind_Taker posted:

“We’re going to try to eliminate racism. Also we will not do the bare minimum to support our only black teammate.”
*half-Filipino

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WTF is the shootout doing in the playoffs? Stupid...

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Also, there is currently another thunderstorm smacking Edmonton. 50/50 says Rogers Place floods again.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man posted:

It's only the sort of semi but not really playoffs.

Honestly, though, for the pretty meaningless seeding games, do you really want your team playing 16 periods?

The qualification round has playoff overtime, just not the seeding round robin thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Think I’ve had it with this playin round robin poo poo. When’s round one start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

It's not the playoffs, it's the memorial cup.

«9 »